Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win baby! Best team ever because it's 2017 and they are in with LeBron and Tommy :sarcasm::billiejean:in all seriousness nice win, 16-12 on the season, we just keep winning in comeback type fashions.

Lol Brother id be glad just to see my Cards get to play. :FlamingoDancing: They would've needed legs like this.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win baby! Best team ever because it's 2017 and they are in with LeBron and Tommy :sarcasm::billiejean:in all seriousness nice win, 16-12 on the season, we just keep winning in comeback type fashions.

Lets see what we can do with these Yankees, they're looking pretty darn good too!!!!!

Go Cubs Go!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Good day Cubs win and it has temporarily stopped raining

It is raining in Atlanta.

During the rain delay, the Mets station aired an interview with Vin Scully. What a brilliant man! He was 89 at the time of the interview and he looked and sounded so sharp. He could remember so much as if it were yesterday. He started his career at age 22 and worked for 67 years. Life well lived. And still living. 

PT will like this. Scully went on and on about the person he called "my favorite player". He was talking about former Dodgers player and Mets Manager Gil Hodges. He described Hodges as "a special human being".

35 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Lets see what we can do with these Yankees, they're looking pretty darn good too!!!!!

Go Cubs Go!!!!!!

Yeah I cant wait for this series. It's early in the season but they are playing like THE YANKEES. Should be fun, new Champion vs the best Franchise. I will have weird feelings watching Chapman pitch against us, loved the guy as he was crucial in the WS to the Cubs winning.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Piscotty pulled hamstring may be a good thing right now , Martinez will get a good shot batting over 400

The Mets announcers reported that Fowler hurt himself. What happened?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes I was, do I need to use a freakin sarcasm sign everytime I speak (in my Jack Nicholson voice) :sarcasm:, This rain is over whelming here in the Indianapolis area. Just stay safe and indoors.

Just checking 

ThevTri-State(SW Indiana, SE Illinois and NW Kentucky) has had about 10 inches since last Thursday

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No I didn't

I wrote it up top. I am quoting part of what I wrote. It is about an interview with the great Vin Scully. 

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

PT will like this. Scully went on and on about the person he called "my favorite player". He was talking about former Dodgers player and Mets Manager Gil Hodges. He described Hodges as "a special human being".

He talked a lot about Hodges, who he called Gilly. He talked about his time fighting for our country and his being a religious and good man. He said a lot.  Think about it. In 67 years as a broadcaster, Scully has met thousands of players. His favorite was Gil Hodges.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know it's bad. Just stay safe brother. The rain is unbelievable

Our 10 Acres are on the tallest Hill in Gibson County so flooding in a rarity but our lake and frog pond are near the brim and/or ready to overflow

the town just north of Bald Hill(Patoka) is shut off by flood waters

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Our 10 Acres are on the tallest Hill in Gibson County so flooding in a rarity but our lake and frog pond are near the brim and/or ready to overflow

the town just north of Bald Hill(Patoka) is shut off by flood waters

Yeah that is crazy, I haven't seen this much rain in awhile. It's bad here too with high waters in spots, etc..

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wrote it up top. I am quoting part of what I wrote. It is about an interview with the great Vin Scully. 

He talked a lot about Hodges, who he called Gilly. He talked about his time fighting for our country and his being a religious and good man. He said a lot.  Think about it. In 67 years as a broadcaster, Scully has met thousands of players. His favorite was Gil Hodges.

From what I read he was a great person but for the longest time all I knew of him was that he was the namesake of the Princeton Community Baseball field and the face on a mural in Petersburg

51 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

From what I read he was a great person but for the longest time all I knew of him was that he was the namesake of the Princeton Community Baseball field and the face on a mural in Petersburg

Interesting. It was not made known that he was a Dodgers player and the manager of the 100-win Amazin Mets of 1969? His number is one of the few retired by the Mets. 

In two years, it will be the 50th anniversary of that championship. I wonder if his wife is still alive. She used to come to many of the Mets events in the past. 

Gil Hodges should have been an icon in your town.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Interesting. It was not made known that he was a Dodgers player and the manager of the 100-win Amazin Mets of 1969? His number is one of the few retired by the Mets. 

In two years, it will be the 50th anniversary of that championship. I wonder if his wife is still alive. She used to come to many of the Mets events in the past. 

He is here and in Petersburg but just like Dave Niehaus, Dave Thomas, and Orville Reddenbacher and even Edd Rousch his base was not here in the Tri-State(He left the area for college then Brooklyn

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The other discrepancy is because he moved from Princeton to Petersburg in elementary school and graduated from Petersburg High School but played for the Princeton American Legion Baseball team

The Mets game at Atlanta was postponed last night (rain) after playing into the 4th inning.  Returning to NY, they probably will not play tonight or tomorrow. We are expecting heavy rain and thunderstorms.

I may watch some Cubs-Yankees. :thinking:  Which team shall I root for? 

Talk to all of you this weekend. Enjoy and stay safe. :)

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets game at Atlanta was postponed last night (rain) after playing into the 4th inning.  Returning to NY, they probably will not play tonight or tomorrow. We are expecting heavy rain and thunderstorms.

What do you mean which team will you root for :sarcasm:. It may get rained out?? It's still raining hard in Indianapolis, has been for around 30 hours.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Struggled to even say the Yankees since the mid 90s

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Cubs win 1 if I had to predict it. It will be tough to take against them in NY the way they are playing.

I thought they were playing in Chicago. If they are in NY, the games today and tomorrow will be cancelled. I am looking out the window now and there are torrential downpours. A tree fell on a car outside my office about an hour ago. It is bad out there but maybe not as bad as how it was in Indy.

Archived