Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions break Colts comeback record - Stafford for MVP?

19colt

Stafford is nowhere near the thing if anybody remembers how he didn't even step into that throw that was picked to lose the Titans game. He could be on his way to bigger and better things though. Anybody who remembers Favre for how it really went remembers the 90s and the fact that when Sharpe left he got better because they became an offense whose plays weren't basically throw it to Sharpe or run (the equivalent of check down today). Maybe some of the that is happening in Detroit. 

Rodgers no way...I think it might go to whoever wins the biggest week 17 game (like Rodgers in 2014) because the bigger picture is so cloudy. I'm all for just giving it to the Cowboys OL lol!

If Brady beats the Ravens and Broncos back-to-back and gets the #1 seed, it should go to him, objectively speaking :)

The Lions, hard to put a finger on it but credit does go to the coaching staff insisting that they stay patient and play a 60 minute game. At least Caldwell won't have Polian standing over him asking him to rest starters and does not have to worry about a perfect season.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If Brady beats the Ravens and Broncos back-to-back and gets the #1 seed, it should go to him, objectively speaking :)

The Lions, hard to put a finger on it but credit does go to the coaching staff insisting that they stay patient and play a 60 minute game. At least Caldwell won't have Polian standing over him asking him to rest starters and does not have to worry about a perfect season.

Is it sad that I now think the Ravens are the harder of those two teams. The Broncos O is gawd awful inconsistent at best and the D isn't elite like last year.

as for Stafford I am glad see him doing well.. seems he got better without the worlds biggest security blanket.

36 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

He will certainly make a case for it. I think people are still enamored with Rodgers, Elliot and Brady though. 

May also come down to which of these team carrying QB's actually makes the playoffs. Brady talk has quietened though as his numbers have slowed. He would need to dominate the last three weeks to get it IMO. I'm talking 12-15 TD passes. 

Simply cant be Brady..playing 12 games..

I don't think Stafford has played that well....that's why there's been so many comebacks

Aaron Rodgers has been dominant the last 6 weeks but the MVP of the league is Elliott..

,....he is the one player no one stops and he's the reason Dallas is winning

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Simply cant be Brady..playing 12 games..

I don't think Stafford has played that well....that's why there's been so many comebacks

Aaron Rodgers has been dominant the last 6 weeks but the MVP of the league is Elliott..

,....he is the one player no one stops and he's the reason Dallas is winning

I am not so sure about not giving it to Brady with just 12 games . . . time will tell . . . 

In 1987, Elway played 13 games, went 8-3-1 (Ken Karcher went 2-1 btw), threw 3198 yards, 19 TDs, 12 Ints, Denver was #1 in AFC but 5th best record in NFL and Elway won the MVP

In the following year 1988, Montana played 13 games, went 8-5 (Young went 2-1), threw 2981 yards, 18 TDs, 10 ints, SF #2 seed in NFC but 5th best record in NFL and Montana won the MVP.

And there have been many years players have played 14-15 games.  

If Brady goes 11-1 in 12 games, throws in the low 3000 yards, around 30 TDs and 2-4 ints, while at or near the highest QB rating (he is first now, not to mention only 1 yard in 2nd place for yards/game), it is going to be a tough sell not to pick Brady.   Any yes Karcher and Young went 2-1 as did pats backups went 3-1. 

I agree that Elliot has a chance to win the MVP and has been a beast, but if Dallas looses a game or two in the last three, it going to be tough, imo, to give it to a running back on a 12-4 team if the Pats are 14-2 and Brady does the above.   It should be an interesting December, especially if both Dallas and Pats run the table. 

As a side note Brady has helped the Pats to 8 wins this season, presently there are only 5 teams with more than 8 wins.  If Brady wins 11 games he will likely have as many wins as all but a few teams when year is over.   

If Dallas and NE loose a game or two and Detroit runs the table, I can see the MVP going to Stafford.  Stafford can help his cause if Detroit can beat Dallas in two weeks.  If Detroit can secure the #2 seed or better yet the #1 seed, which is a possibility of they beat Dallas, I can see, and hope, that Stafford would get a lot of love for the MVP.