Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Achievements by Colts players tonight (merge)

snkdy

- Andrew Luck passed Bert Jones (122) for the third most passing touchdowns in franchise history

-TY Hilton has passed Marvin Harrison for most 100-yard receiving games (22) by a Colts wideout in the first 5 seasons of his career.

-Frank Gore has passed Tony Dorsett (12,739) for eighth on the NFL’s all-time rushing list.

-Andrew Luck has tied Aaron Rodgers for 2nd most touchdown passes in first 66 games (124)

- TY Hilton has 1,000 yds for the 4th straight yr, joining Harrison & Wayne as only players in Colts history to reach in 4yrs

-Dwayne Allen is the first player with 3 receiving TD in the first half on Monday Night Football since Jerry Rice in Week 16, 1995 vs Vikings

-Andrew Luck tonight: best single-game passer rating of career, second-best completion percentage, 3rd-best YPA, T-2nd most TD.

-Donte Moncrief has been targeted six times inside the 10 this year: 6-of-6, 6 TDs, 23 yards.

Just now, CR91 said:

Let's give some credit to the defense too. stepping up without geathers Mathis and Robinson with two turnovers,  a sack, a number of qb hits, and allowing only 10 points(should have been 3, but Butler fell)

Yeah especially with the injuries, I was quite happy about their performance. There was still some break downs in coverage and guys getting burned (though a lot of that had to do with the fact that they were up by like 30 and were letting up a bit). And the Jets own ineptitude helped. But the Colts D showed up on the road on prime time.

If they get guys back that are healthy, I see no reason why they can't do the same thing to the Texans next week. They have an equally trash quarterback. At home, the Colts gotta be the favourites for that game.

Also that 3rd and 1 stop by EJax was terrifyingly good.

GG Defense. GG

34 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah especially with the injuries, I was quite happy about their performance. There was still some break downs in coverage and guys getting burned (though a lot of that had to do with the fact that they were up by like 30 and were letting up a bit). And the Jets own ineptitude helped. But the Colts D showed up on the road on prime time.

If they get guys back that are healthy, I see no reason why they can't do the same thing to the Texans next week. They have an equally trash quarterback. At home, the Colts gotta be the favourites for that game.

GG Defense. GG

That tackle by Edwin Jackson made me love football again hahahaha . 

49 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Let's give some credit to the defense too. stepping up without geathers Mathis and Robinson with two turnovers,  a sack, a number of qb hits, and allowing only 10 points(should have been 3, but Butler fell)

It was three INT wasn't: Butler/Adams and Morris??

1 hour ago, snkdy said:

- Andrew Luck passed Bert Jones (122) for the third most passing touchdowns in franchise history

-TY Hilton has passed Marvin Harrison for most 100-yard receiving games (22) by a Colts wideout in the first 5 seasons of his career.

-Frank Gore has passed Tony Dorsett (12,739) for eighth on the NFL’s all-time rushing list.

-Andrew Luck has tied Aaron Rodgers for 2nd most touchdown passes in first 66 games (124)

- TY Hilton has 1,000 yds for the 4th straight yr, joining Harrison & Wayne as only players in Colts history to reach in 4yrs

-Dwayne Allen is the first player with 3 receiving TD in the first half on Monday Night Football since Jerry Rice in Week 16, 1995 vs Vikings

-Andrew Luck tonight: best single-game passer rating of career, second-best completion percentage, 3rd-best YPA, T-2nd most TD.

-Donte Moncrief has been targeted six times inside the 10 this year: 6-of-6, 6 TDs, 23 yards.

Just now saw this post after I made a thread with similar stats

Mods will merge it I assume?

@Superman  @Nadine

So after the best game of the season and probably the best in a long time for the Luck era it's amazingly quiet on here. I guess some fans need to learn you need to take the good times with the bad :P

I wish I hadn't looked at the score this morning, but I think I'm still going to enjoy watching the game back later tonight.

4 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

So after the best game of the season and probably the best in a long time for the Luck era it's amazingly quiet on here. I guess some fans need to learn you need to take the good times with the bad :P

I wish I hadn't looked at the score this morning, but I think I'm still going to enjoy watching the game back later tonight.

was thinking that but remembered as well night game so go to bed after and we'd be the only ones up haha.

7 minutes ago, IrishColt22 said:

was thinking that but remembered as well night game so go to bed after and we'd be the only ones up haha.

Oddly I had the bad combination of doing some work until about midnight but then I had to be up at 6 so missed out on a having a cat nap before the game as I normally would and then an early start. Didn't really fancy driving in on no sleep in the dark and the fog. 

Maybe I need to not watch any games for the rest of the season if that's how they're going to play. 

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Oddly I had the bad combination of doing some work until about midnight but then I had to be up at 6 so missed out on a having a cat nap before the game as I normally would and then an early start. Didn't really fancy driving in on no sleep in the dark and the fog. 

Maybe I need to not watch any games for the rest of the season if that's how they're going to play. 

I'm in Korea so game started at 10.30am then watched it after work handy out :)

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

GG Defense. GG

I agree, that was such an awesome hit for a loss of yards. He was shot out of a cannon at least twice that I recall. He just missed an easy INT on the second time he was shot out. I think he was moving so fast, he couldn't see the ball. This kid, with some more time, will be the star of the defense.

4 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

It was a pleasure to watch

This was the style of offense I thought we should have played against the Chiefs instead of spending most of the time in the Shotgun.   Consistent use of the ground game, Good mix of short and intermediate passing along with some long throws off play action. You do this game plan against a Kansas City and you'll have lengthier drives and score more points than 14.    Good game plan tonight Chud.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

This was the style of offense I thought we should have played against the Chiefs instead of spending most of the time in the Shotgun.   Consistent use of the ground game, Good mix of short and intermediate passing along with some long throws off play action.   Good game plan tonight Chud.

and that helped the O line out tremendously too.....save for a drive or so, the O Line probably had it's best game of the season.

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

and that helped the O line out tremendously too.....save for a drive or so, the O Line probably had it's best game of the season.

Give me Kansas City with that same game plan and we will score more than 14 points, while having less turnovers.  It would still be a tough game, but we'd have a much better chance of winning.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Give me Kansas City with that same game plan and we will score more than 14 points, while having less turnovers.  It would still be a tough game, but we'd have a much better chance of winning.

plus add in the revenge factor after playing their worst game of the year that day,