Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kendall Langford to IR

TKnight24

Tough to lose, even tougher with Henry Anderson injured. It's been nice to have Art Jones back. He's no world beater but welcome depth. The D never had a chance. DL and secondary have been crazy injured. The linebackers are not where they need to be. I'd have been absolutely floored if the D coordinator produced an avg D. 

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

This one is the one that stinks, IMO.

I do think we have the depth on the DL front with Arthur Jones and others to overcome Langford, but VD changes the way the D plays, IMO, I would rather not see Butler on the outside but in the slot or at free safety.

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Christ. I wonder if the Doctors could have told the staff to let him heal early on in the season. Langford probably wanted to gut through it but it looks like it backfired.

Damn man, everything that could go wrong this year pretty much has. 

Careful what you wish for there. Those are 'jinxing' words!

Facilities, workout regimen, Lucius Oil turf, training staff all need revamped and looked at VERY closely this offseason. After many seasons in a row with so many injured players it's no longer just bad luck. Something is wrong with the Colts organization somewhere in the training area.

Also it seems like when your defense isn't playing well, more players are getting hurt more often. When the offense isn't playing well then more players on offense are getting hurt. Not saying they are not injured but maybe if the team was better there would be a "want" and "desire" to actually play through there "small injuries". Just seems to be no fire under the team.

43 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The facilities in Indy need to be re-evaluated, in my opinion.  Indy is consistently among the league leaders in terms of games lost to injury.  Kendall Langford was an iron man.  He hadn't missed a game his entire career, but he comes to Indy and he gets hit with injuries.

When did we build Lucas Oil Stadium? The 2008 season? Was turf grass installed the same year or did LOS start out with something else? 

RCA Dome was astro turf, wasn't it? Just curious if we have stats before 2008 and after 2008?

57 minutes ago, chad72 said:

When did we build Lucas Oil Stadium? The 2008 season? Was turf grass installed the same year or did LOS start out with something else? 

RCA Dome was astro turf, wasn't it? Just curious if we have stats before 2008 and after 2008?

LOS was opened in 2008.  I don't know what the practice facilities are like, but there's definitely something wrong in Indy.

Indianapolis has the softest, most fragile group of women playing football we've ever had. Nobody has the ability to play more than 1 or two games at a time without getting a boo boo. I've certainly lost interest in this team over the Pagano era. It's almost an injury culture here now instead of playing tough. It's just sad to see what this team has become over the years. A big soft fluffy marshmallow. 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

The RCA Dome had field turf in its final few seasons. I think it was brought over when LOS was built but I can't be sure. I do know it's outdated and needs to be replaced with newer technology however, same goes for the practice fields that aren't grass.

The strength and conditioning staff was completely overhauled this past offseason, so I don't know what's going on there. Supposedly the head SC guy is known around the league as one of the best. 

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The facilities in Indy need to be re-evaluated, in my opinion.  Indy is consistently among the league leaders in terms of games lost to injury.  Kendall Langford was an iron man.  He hadn't missed a game his entire career, but he comes to Indy and he gets hit with injuries.

This has been a problem for years but the team doesn't seem to admit that. Grigson does not have the right program to build strength and stay healthy. Other teams do not have the issues we have and that is just plain wrong that we are one of the most injured teams

9 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This has been a problem for years but the team doesn't seem to admit that. Grigson does not have the right program to build strength and stay healthy. Other teams do not have the issues we have and that is just plain wrong that we are one of the most injured teams

I don't think it's a matter of building the right program.  I think it has to do with the facilities.  If I recall correctly, we were consistently among the league's more injured teams during the Polian era as well (in 2010, injuries were so bad that Blair White had a big role in the offense).  This isn't a problem with Grigson or the strength and conditioning staff.  I think it's a problem with the facilities, most likely the practice field.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I don't think it's a matter of building the right program.  I think it has to do with the facilities.  If I recall correctly, we were consistently among the league's more injured teams during the Polian era as well (in 2010, injuries were so bad that Blair White had a big role in the offense).  This isn't a problem with Grigson or the strength and conditioning staff.  I think it's a problem with the facilities, most likely the practice field.

well that is just pathetic that an NFL franchise and can have such appalling facilities 

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Literally made of glass smh.

To this point he has only missed 9 total games in 4 years as a Colt. That's 64 games. Throw in the 9 games played so far this year with Vontae missing 2 that's 9 total games missed out of 73 games so far. He has played in 87.6 percent of Colts games to date. He gets banged up some but as you see for the most part he plays

Football Outsiders has this Adjusted Games Lost metric where they do it by positional importance and other things. This is where we rank from 2015 all the way back to 2011:

2015 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-adjusted-games-lost (17th)
2014 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-adjusted-games-lost (30th)
2013 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/2013-adjusted-games-lost (31st)
2012 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/2012-adjusted-games-lost (30th)
2011 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/2011-adjusted-games-lost (28th)

That is 4 out of 5 years we are in the bottom 5 in the league.

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Football Outsiders has this Adjusted Games Lost metric where they do it by positional importance and other things. This is where we rank from 2015 all the way back to 2011:

2015 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-adjusted-games-lost (17th)
2014 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-adjusted-games-lost (30th)
2013 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/2013-adjusted-games-lost (31st)
2012 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/2012-adjusted-games-lost (30th)
2011 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/2011-adjusted-games-lost (28th)

That is 4 out of 5 years we are in the bottom 5 in the league.

I forgot how injured we were the last few years. I wonder what could have been if we were healthy; maybe we could have gotten passed the Pats. 

Also I'm surprised we weren't in the bottom in 2015.

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

I forgot how injured we were the last few years. I wonder what could have been if we were healthy; maybe we could have gotten passed the Pats. 

Maybe. However, pass rush and secondary play including safety play has been a big part of teams that have been SB contenders for a while now. Without that, we were going nowhere. Invest in pass rush and man CBs, the SB will come.

2006 - Colts with Sanders and Bethea along with man CBs in Hayden, Jackson and even Nick Harper at times plus Freeney and Mathis at pass rush

2007 - Giants non-stop pass rush led by Strahan and co.

2008 - Blitzburgh LB pass rush and Polamalu leading to key pick sixes in AFCCG vs Ravens and SB vs Kurt Warner

2009 - Saints safety and secondary play generating key turnovers

2010 - Packers' secondary play for pick six in SB, Clay Mathews' pass rush and key plays like Mendenhall fumble in SB

2011 - Giants pass rush with JPP and Justin Tuck

2012 - Ed Reed and Ravens' LB corps was still there but this was more of an exception with a Montana like Flacco run

2013 - unconscious relentless DL depth and rush from Seahawks that made Denver OL men look like boys, a lot of them left in free agency

2014 - Man CBs with Revis and Browner a key part of the run

2015 - Von Miller pass rush and great 3 CB, 2 safety secondary play from Denver

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

To this point he has only missed 9 total games in 4 years as a Colt. That's 64 games. Throw in the 9 games played so far this year with Vontae missing 2 that's 9 total games missed out of 73 games so far. He has played in 87.6 percent of Colts games to date. He gets banged up some but as you see for the most part he plays

But he also leaves a lot of games early because of injury.