Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dak must remain the Cowboys starter.

RockThatBlue

Yes, him plus that OL and running game can control tempo even against the Patriots, IMO.

He is playing like Russell Wilson did when he had Lynch and that OL except that their D has to be protected by their running game. Soon, teams will stop pressuring him and try keeping him in the pocket and try make him a passer, IMO but first, they need to stop the run. However, that OL is phenomenal, gives him plenty of time, thus he doesn't turn it over.

Tony Romo should be traded.

Look all I'm saying is put Prescott on our team and behind our line and he's not that great!

well that applies for anyone not named Andrew luck lol....I guarantee if you had Brady on our team right now...even he wouldn't look that great. 

But yes...romo should be traded if the cowboys can get something decent enough. I would not bench Prescott at all the kids just playing too well and the team has a better shot now than they ever have with romo as the starter IMO

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Somebody somewhere will trade the house for Romo. We've seen similar situations so many times, plus there are more * coaches and GMs in the game now than I've ever seen lol! 

What similar situation has a team made a huge trade for an old qb with injury problems?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Manning was a free agent,  Farve was traded for a 4th rounder.  Bradford is 28,  Romo is 36

I knew you were going to nitpick it and leave out the connectable dots. Manning hadn't played for a year and had a neck injury, Favre was traded before for a 3rd rounder also, then was traded again coming off an injury, and Bradford has virtually never not been hurt. 

14 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I knew you were going to nitpick it and leave out the connectable dots. Manning hadn't played for a year and had a neck injury, Favre was traded before for a 3rd rounder also, then was traded again coming off an injury, and Bradford has virtually never not been hurt. 

Zero teams "traded the house" for a 36 year old oft injured qb.   I'm not saying some team won't sign him,   but they aren't going to trade a bunch to get him

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Zero teams "traded the house" for a 36 year old oft injured qb.   I'm not saying some team won't sign him,   but they aren't going to trade a bunch to get him

Yet all the dots that you can connect still make it a "similar situation" does it not Mr Literal...

The Cowboys have the best OL in the NFL so what does that mean if Romo returns? Dak is doing well in part because of that line. What Jones decides will draw criticism either way. Look at this dilemma then look at the Jets who have all but eliminate the QB position. In the middle is the Colts with a QB but no OL.

On October 31, 2016 at 3:11 PM, jvan1973 said:

Manning was a free agent,  Farve was traded for a 4th rounder.  Bradford is 28,  Romo is 36

If 18 wasn't a free agent, Jimmy had already moved on regarding the uncertainty of Manning neck surgery recovery timetable. Brett had worn out his welcome in GB. In NY, #4 was decent until his torn biceps tendon derailed his Big Apple season. Bradford has a good arm, but I think he's more of a backup QB then a starter to me. 

Miami could take a run at Romo. Tanahill sucks & that team always overpays guys anyway like Ndamukong Suh anyway. This move is right in their wheelhouse. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

If 18 wasn't a free agent, Jimmy had already moved on regarding the uncertainty of Manning neck surgery recovery timetable. Brett had worn out his welcome in GB. In NY, #4 was decent until his torn biceps tendon derailed his Big Apple season. Bradford has a good arm, but I think he's more of a backup QB then a starter to me. 

Miami could take a run at Romo. Tanahill sucks & that team always overpays guys anyway like Ndamukong Suh anyway. This move is right in their wheelhouse. 

Imagine Romo on the Broncos. Now with Dak, Jerry could offer Elway Romo for some picks. Both teams win.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imagine Romo on the Broncos. Now with Dak, Jerry could offer Elway Romo for some picks. Both teams win.

That move to the Broncos makes perfect sense. Denver would protect Romo with a good running game & a smothering secondary that would give Tony additional possessions. 

Jerry Jones loves Tony like a son though. He's never gonna do what must be done. Jerry should name Dak the starter for the rest of the yr given the 7-1 record but he doesn't have the brass ones to do it. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Denver loses early in the Playoffs or fails to make the Playoffs I am sure Elway will be looking for another QB that can get him back on top next season. Dallas could get a few Draft picks for him.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Denver loses early in the Playoffs or fails to make the Playoffs I am sure Elway will be looking for another QB that can get him back on top next season. Dallas could get a few Draft picks for him.

That's the only way Romo's gonna get a SB ring. Ride the Orange Crush train. Dallas D isn't capable of locking down say Seattle or even RB Devonta Freeman from Atlanta. 

No worries about quoting yourself there CBE. I've done that myself by accident too. And, on purpose on occasion to drive home a point. It's cool. It's not anybody will confuse you with a candidate with orange skin & wild hair. Wink; wink. 

He's done well but let's remember that very few teams have the kind of surrounding talent on offense that Dak has.  

He's got the best OL in the NFL, a top 5 RB, a top 5 receiver, and a good albeit aging TE.  

Not saying they should switch back to Romo because they seem to have a good thing going, why mess with it? 

But I am saying that if you where going to be an NFL QB and you had to choose one offense to play with in the NFL with the intention of making you look good and winning games.  You would likely pick Dallas.  

54 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

romo has a cap hit of over 23 million the next three years

that rules out a lot of teams that might have been interested in trading for him

denver wont pay that much

Ehh you are partially right.

Remember that the team trading away a player has to pay the remaining signing bonus.  

So for the receiving team Romo's cap over the next several years are.

2017: 14 M, 

2018: 19.5 M

2019: 20.5 M

However all that having been said, Romo has been pretty much injured all of this season and all of last season.  So it's still highly questionable as to if a team would want to pay even those adjusted amounts to a guy that has a high likelyhood of sitting on the bench and/or IR.

Dallas will probably have to do a straight release with Romo and he'll be picked up by a team that will look to protect itself cap-wise by putting most of the contract money as a roster bonus per game he's active or something like that.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

But he did play well. Dak is Brock.

.......If he has a bad game..if they lose....

.... ...you go back to the proven, injured vet ..I'm sure Dallas will do that....It will be hard not to.

Brock played ok.  Dak is playing lights out.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:37 AM, pgt_rob said:

They already said they're running with Prescott like a week or so ago.

Of course, until the Cowboys lose a couple of games...then you have to go back to the guy who has the experience..

You'd never stick with Dak during a losing streak with Romo on the bench

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Brock played ok.  Dak is playing lights out.

And if they win every game the rest of the season, he's the man..

..but they will lose a couple and when they do....it makes sense to go back to the guy who has led your team for years....just like it did in Denver..you'll see.

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

And if they win every game the rest of the season, he's the man..

..but they will lose a couple and when they do....it makes sense to go back to the guy who has led your team for years....just like it did in Denver..you'll see.

He hasn't led them in two years,  He has been in the training room

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He hasn't led them in two years,  He has been in the training room

..and Dak has been in college.

Romo, Ive read, is healthy and cleared to play....

If Dallas loses 2 in a row, Tony Romo will be back and few will have a problem with it.

You know how the NFL works