Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suck for _____ vol. 2

CantBeStopped

26 minutes ago, BOTT said:

A stud pass rusher would

I don't think it would. You put von miller on this defense (swap him for Robert mathis) and we would only be ok. Missed tackles would still happen. Blow  coverages would still happen. This is more of a quantity of quality problem. There's plenty of difference makers in this draft that will be found into round four. If we have a top five pick then more picks will do us better. 

Our Offensive line is young and some of them will develop, but they are still suspect  and our vets play like crap too. Our D Line is so bad that it makes our CB and safety even worse than they already are. Our LB are the worst in the league. So, we are ok at QB, RB (for now, hopefully we can get one more year out of what we have with Frank) and our WR and TE are good enough if we could get protection and they weren't getting the crap knocked out of them. We could use a big guy receiver, which we just don't have but I think we can live with what we have. Other than that, take your pic. I would go Pass Rush 1st round LB second round get another lineman 3rd round and hope to hot on some guys later in the draft. We pray for a big time Left or Right Tackle to hit free agency and for us to have enough money to get them. I also don't mind the idea of trading down as one person said earlier and trying to get another pic or two, we have so many problems and you can't fix them all in one year. 

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Trade down.  This team has so many holes on its roster that we need as many good, young prospects as we can get.  Trade down to acquire more picks, then keep the task of decision making as far away from Grigson as possible

I agree but we need top flight pass rusher soooooooooo bad!

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Trade down.  This team has so many holes on its roster that we need as many good, young prospects as we can get.  Trade down to acquire more picks, then keep the task of decision making as far away from Grigson as possible

Grigson's worst season (last year) produced a pick only as high as #18.  Most successful GMs have picks higher than that.

The team has good young talent, but none will be superstars or impactful by themselves.  Those players live in the top ten and the Colts need a couple of playmakers on defense.  We don't need more of the same kind of players.

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Grigson's worst season (last year) produced a pick only as high as #18.  Most successful GMs have picks higher than that.

The team has good young talent, but none will be superstars or impactful by themselves.  Those players live in the top ten and the Colts need a couple of playmakers on defense.  We don't need more of the same kind of players.

Fair point.  I'm personally an advocate of trying to acquire many draft picks, so I generally like to trade back.  But it does depend on many things.  Either way, having a high pick will only hurt if Grigson is the GM

With the 6th overall pick in the 2017 draft the indianapolis Colts select.... RB Johnny Johnson from  south Harmon institute of technology 

Pagano: you know we feel good about thish pick even though he wash a red shirt for 3 yearsh and only played 4 real snapsh... when we shaw him work out we knew we had intangiblesh to be something in thish league... thinking we may use him on some shcout team, probably the up back on punts... let me tell you this kid hash shome gritt , he plays with a mean streak, I couldn't be more happy with this pick..

Grigson: man good night for us we got the guy we wanted,  he's been at the top of our board since 2 months ago.. I just want to commend these scouts for doing all the dirty work,  the traveling,  being away from their families,  we all took a trip to see this guy work out on Christmas eve THAT'S SACRIFICE,  DEDICATION,  once he announced the pick guys were jumping around high fiving were all excited.. can't wait to get him here 

Irsay: *hiccup* yeaaa uhhh what these guys said... uhhh we just uhhhhhh have to stay the course uhhhhhh I remember uhhhh when we uhhhhhh took Donald brown over the other 13 guys that uhhhhhh graded better than he did but uhhhhhh  I love andrew but he has to play smarter... 

lmaolmao

15 hours ago, KB said:

I don't think it would. You put von miller on this defense (swap him for Robert mathis) and we would only be ok. Missed tackles would still happen. Blow  coverages would still happen. This is more of a quantity of quality problem. There's plenty of difference makers in this draft that will be found into round four. If we have a top five pick then more picks will do us better. 

I'm not saying that's all they neeed....obviously.....but a stud pass rusher would help quite a bit.

16 hours ago, KB said:

If Von Miller is on this team to start the season, we have a winning record.

As much as this pains to to say, as a Buckeye fan, I actually like Peppers from Michigan. The guy as a ball hawk and is all over the place making plays. He reminds me of Polamalu. We don't have that guy out there that sniffs out every play.

I particularly love that his intensity level is always dialed up to 11 - even watching him on the sideline.

There are obviously other defensive prospects out there that may fit the team better, but I've seen nothing but great stuff from this kid.

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We'd have to trade up to get into the top 5 with a .375 winning percentage on teh year.  We'd essentially have to lose every game from here on out to get in the top 5.  Win 3 or more on our remaining schedule, and we'd be drafting outside the top 10 for sure.

I could see us losing every game...after watching that mess yesterday.