Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Made Manning Decision Weeks Ago........

Dustin

http://blogs.nfl.com..._headline_stack

Take it for what it's worth..

"

La Canfora reported the Colts will make a move on Manning “almost certainly” before the start of the 2012 NFL Scouting Combine."

The only 'move' the Colts could make is to release him. I really doubt Irsay is going to do that before he finds out if Peyton is healthy, and he has until March to make that decision.

We'll see.

LaConfora is an dipstick, IMO. With Manning's health still in question it would be unwise for the Colts to NOT be planning to move on without Manning, kind of that old saying, "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." It was a big reason why Polian was fired, he did not have a plan in place if something happened to Manning.

La Confora really has it in for the Colts or something...

My "La Confora style" interpretation of the report: The report did not mention what Peyton had for breakfast, or if he even had breakfast at all. The only logical conclusion is that Peyton is on a hunger strike. The report also made no mention of the Super Bowl, leading me to believe the league might cancel the game.

If I were to make a bet, I'd draw the same conclusion. But, they shouldn't be reporting it like they have sources saying it or something. Will be interesting to see if Peyton makes any appearances during superbowl week.

Well there's a good chance seeing as how his brother is in the Super Bowl.

If I were to make a bet, I'd draw the same conclusion. But, they shouldn't be reporting it like they have sources saying it or something. Will be interesting to see if Peyton makes any appearances during superbowl week.

He said he had sources that were involved in the Colts GM search. Not saying this article is accurate but he did say he had sources.

La Confora really has it in for the Colts or something...

My "La Confora style" interpretation of the report: The report did not mention what Peyton had for breakfast, or if he even had breakfast at all. The only logical conclusion is that Peyton is on a hunger strike. The report also made no mention of the Super Bowl, leading me to believe the league might cancel the game.

Exceeeellleeent! Sort of off topic, but does anyone remember Mony Python's Life of Brian? It's set around 33 AD, with Brian being a Jesus wannabe. At one point Brian, is running from his followers and loses a sandal. This causes several interpretations of what it could possibly mean to the masses.

That's pretty much what all these 'experts' do, interpret and parse every sentence and divine their meaning. Sometimes people just lose their sandals.

He said he had sources that were involved in the Colts GM search. Not saying this article is accurate but he did say he had sources.

They weasel their way in there somehow I guess.

But I still crack up at how LaCanfora...Shefter....Clayton...Glazer and the rest of them even become NFL "insiders"..... considering they'd have an easier time using a jock strap as a hammock and sleeping in it than they would putting one on and actually playing football.

Exceeeellleeent! Sort of off topic, but does anyone remember Mony Python's Life of Brian? It's set around 33 AD, with Brian being a Jesus wannabe. At one point Brian, is running from his followers and loses a sandal. This causes several interpretations of what it could possibly mean to the masses.

That's pretty much what all these 'experts' do, interpret and parse every sentence and divine their meaning. Sometimes people just lose their sandals.

Ever heard of the joke about the silent debate between the Rabbi and the Pope?

LaConfora is an dipstick, IMO. With Manning's health still in question it would be unwise for the Colts to NOT be planning to move on without Manning, kind of that old saying, "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." It was a big reason why Polian was fired, he did not have a plan in place if something happened to Manning.

I agree undoubtedly with that comment, and probably always will....

Man I have no idea who to believe on this one.

On one hand Irsay isnt going come out and admit its true even if it was. Not before the SB, which involves the younger brother QB, is about to be played in his team's stadium.

On the other hand I can see the media are looking to keep this story alive and are probably looking for anyone with "information".

Just a crazy mess right now.

My gut tells me Manning wont be back but I dont think Irsay has actually made that decision yet. He may have a sense where its going at this point but I dont think he's totally made up his mind.