Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just to point out a few things

VaAllDay757

I see alot wrong just like the rest of ya'll do but last night was the final straw for me.....first of all it seems to me the coaching problems are the bigger issue than personnel problems. On one play they had mathis on hopkins.....that was just stupid period. 4th and inches I understand they wanted a bigger lead and got it after the vontae int but WHY calling a obvious pass play on 4th and inches?????? Smh also stop being conservative whenever there is a lead keep the pressure going! And one more thing don't EVER LEAVE YOUR WORSE CORNER IN LINEUP ON AN ISLAND BY HIMSELF WITH NO SAFETY HELP I CAN COACH THIS TEAM BETTER THAN CHUCK and the penalties need to stop they should start punishing guys during practice when they do it....that is all

Maybe we need to go back to the dark time period when Colts fans were showing up to games wearing those brown paper bags over their heads.  For one thing, the Colts performance last night did help me decide on my activities for next Sunday-if the weather is good, I won't be watching them.  I'll go fishing instead.  Much more enjoyable anyway, even if I don't catch anything.  I guess I'll also save money on beer.  I refuse to waste my hard earned money on beer when watching them.  

It's hard to watch this team.   I'm still a fan.   Now I'm torn on when to start rooting for the draft position.   I know a team can win the AFC South at 9-7, but with Houston 2 games up on the Colts (and currently the tie-breaker), it seem to be a long shot.   With KC, Green Bay, Pit, Min and Oakland still on the schedule, it would be a minor miracle to finish 9-7.  

3 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I see alot wrong just like the rest of ya'll do but last night was the final straw for me.....first of all it seems to me the coaching problems are the bigger issue than personnel problems. On one play they had mathis on hopkins.....that was just stupid period. 4th and inches I understand they wanted a bigger lead and got it after the vontae int but WHY calling a obvious pass play on 4th and inches?????? Smh also stop being conservative whenever there is a lead keep the pressure going! And one more thing don't EVER LEAVE YOUR WORSE CORNER IN LINEUP ON AN ISLAND BY HIMSELF WITH NO SAFETY HELP I CAN COACH THIS TEAM BETTER THAN CHUCK and the penalties need to stop they should start punishing guys during practice when they do it....that is all

Mathis job was to jam Hopkins at the line so he doesn't get a free release off the line to the inside.   There's nothing stupid about that.  Problem is Mathis missed or didn't get as good a jam as he should have and he decided to chase from there.  That made it look like he was supposed to cover him one on one.

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I'd like to see what the D can do with competent linebackers.

the D line is pretty good and the secondary is too. But the linebackers are killing this team.

I can't stand Mcnary and there is nothing behind him that is anything better.  The answer is not Morrison and Edwin Jackson is green behind the ears.   Wouldn't mind seeing Ayers take over for Mcnary, but I think Ayers may bring more value as a pass rusher.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can't stand Mcnary and there is nothing behind him that is anything better.  The answer is not Morrison and Edwin Jackson is green behind the ears.   Wouldn't mind seeing Ayers take over for Mcnary, but I think Ayers may bring more value as a pass rusher.

I know people will blame the D line, but the linebackers have been nowhere to be seen. Either the OLB and the ILBs

Just now, PeterBowman said:

I know people will blame the D line, but the linebackers have been nowhere to be seen. Either the OLB and the ILBs

Walden makes plays but that's about it.  And even when he created pressure they'd just turn around and run a screen or something underneath.  Ayers had a sack on Osweiler but somehow Osweiler got out of it.  I'd like to see Ayers get more playing time.   

This has been a bad team since Grigson and Chuck arrived.  They were winning with smoke and mirrors - Luck's comebacks and a bad AFC South.  Now, in 2016, the comebacks are falling short - Detroit and Jacksonville - and teams are now coming back on us(Houston).  Had they managed to win 2-3 of those games, as they did between 2012-2014, 90% of the people on this forum would still be ignoring every problem this team has and giving Grigson and Chuck a free pass.  But you cannot win like that forever.  It's impossible.  Your luck will eventually run out, as ours has.  You need to build a real team, capable of playing a 4 quarter game, and a Chuck and Grigson team is utterly incapable of playing a 4 quarter game.

As for Chuck and Grigson's meal ticket, the bad AFC South, we're now in last place, 0-2 in the division, and after winning 17 straight, have lost 4 of 5 within the division. 

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Walden makes plays but that's about it.  And even when he created pressure they'd just turn around and run a screen or something underneath.  Ayers had a sack on Osweiler but somehow Osweiler got out of it.  I'd like to see Ayers get more playing time.   

I would too, and I'm surprised teams just don't keep running screens. They haven't stopped a screen in ages.

But yes, I forgot about Walden, I'll leave him out of the bad group lol

Just now, PeterBowman said:

I would too, and I'm surprised teams just don't keep running screens. They haven't stopped a screen in ages.

But yes, I forgot about Walden, I'll leave him out of the bad group lol

At least it seems they are learning to keep Morrison off the field.   I only saw him on that one goal line play.  Other than that he was on the sidelines besides special teams.

10 hours ago, krunk said:

Mathis job was to jam Hopkins at the line so he doesn't get a free release off the line to the inside.   There's nothing stupid about that.  Problem is Mathis missed or didn't get as good a jam as he should have and he decided to chase from there.  That made it look like he was supposed to cover him one on one.

Jam him with someone who knows what they're doing and that was vontae....that play made a first down which lead to the TD.....little stuff like that really matters 

10 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Jam him with someone who knows what they're doing and that was vontae....that play made a first down which lead to the TD.....little stuff like that really matters 

I doubt that was the first time he's walked out and jammed a guy to break up his release point.  I believe it was a zone defense and somebody else was supposed to pick him up inside.  I'll go back and watch it again to get a better idea.  A lot of defensive break downs late in that game though.  The killer stuff was guys not executing their assignments properly in the run game.  We stuff that run and Osweiler doesn't do half the stuff he did late in that game.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I doubt that was the first time he's walked out and jammed a guy to break up his release point.  I believe it was a zone defense and somebody else was supposed to pick him up inside.  I'll go back and watch it again to get a better idea.  A lot of defensive break downs late in that game though.  The killer stuff was guys not executing their assignments properly in the run game.  We stuff that run and Osweiler doesn't do half the stuff he did late in that game.

Yeah there were alot of what if moments but this right here was not gonna help stop them at all it was obvious brock wanted to get the ball to hopkins all night, just keep him under wraps then it would've been different maybe possibly no touchdown

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

To a point it does because they still haven't fixed it....make sure these guys wrap up during practice

Meh, if you can't tackle by the time you are in the NFL you probably can't tackle.  Plus, wrapping up doesn't matter if you are slow and take poor angles.

15 hours ago, krunk said:

At least it seems they are learning to keep Morrison off the field.   I only saw him on that one goal line play.  Other than that he was on the sidelines besides special teams.

You mean the one goal line play where he took another false step to the right and missed meeting the running back in the hole???  He's doing the same dumb stuff that got Moore fired. And that wasn't the first time.... Don't know if it's just because he's young or just nervous but his awareness is lacking.... Kinda wished they would have kept Moore and tried him at edge rusher. He had a nice first step. Unfortunately it was often in the wrong direction. Only one way to go when rushing the passer. Lol.