Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Warriors will beat Cavs in 5

Not sure what it will go but LeBron and his fans have no excuses for losing, NONE. LeBron is playing the best ball in his career and his team is completely healthy + he has a loaded team with Irving, Love, Korver, Smith, and Thompson. If the Cavs lose I don't want to hear any excuses because there is none. If you are a GOAT and have a team of all-stars then you win it all period. I am not even a Warriors fan so if the Warriors lose it wont even bother me to be honest with you. I would like to see them win because I am not a LeBron fan and I like Curry and Durant but if they don't it wont break my heart. Some people love LeBron so much and hate the Warriors so much that if he loses it would ruin their whole summer. Regarding my list of GOAT's, LeBron moves into my Top 5 if he does win it again which I have already posted weeks ago but he still IMO isn't #1, JMO. Jordan and Magic both were better and would still have more Championships. Jordan was a better Scorer and Defensive player + 6-0 in Finals. Magic was a better Leader, Playmaker, and more Clutch + Magic went to 9 Finals winning 5 in the toughest era in Basketball. My opinions is my opinions, doesn't make me a hater at all so it is what it is.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what it will go but LeBron and his fans have no excuses for losing, NONE. LeBron is playing the best ball in his career and his team is completely healthy + he has a loaded team with Irving, Love, Korver, Smith, and Thompson. If the Cavs lose I don't want to hear any excuses because there is none. If you are a GOAT and have a team of all-stars then you win it all period. I am not even a Warriors fan so if the Warriors lose it wont even bother me to be honest with you. I would like to see them win because I am not a LeBron fan and I like Curry and Durant but if they don't it wont break my heart. Some people love LeBron so much and hate the Warriors so much that if he loses it would ruin their whole summer. Regarding my list of GOAT's, LeBron moves into my Top 5 if he does win it again which I have already posted weeks ago but he still IMO isn't #1, JMO. Jordan and Magic both were better and would still have more Championships. Jordan was a better Scorer and Defensive player + 6-0 in Finals. Magic was a better Leader, Playmaker, and more Clutch + Magic went to 9 Finals winning 5 in the toughest era in Basketball. My opinions is my opinions, doesn't make me a hater at all so it is what it is.

Michael Jordan is the best NBA player ever. No one will ever touch him. No debate to be had. And yes Magic Johnson was obviously better as well. LeBron is a great player but he's not even close to the two aforementioned players

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You can't trade picks in consecutive years...it would take forever for those to play out and if Atlanta is a playoff team those may all be in the 20s. The best deal would have been to have made a move with Boston at the dead line. Those NJ picks were guaranteed to be top 3 and likely next year too. Not sure what Denver was offering...at least they have some nice young players...Atlanta has nothing. We have basically lost all leverage because if we had traded this year we would have likely ended up with a top 10 pick from our own because we wouldn't have won much and the other team would have likely believed they had a good chance to resign him or him get all-NBA this year or next. Now it's an all or nothing scenario. Let's all be honest...it's a no win situation for us...it's why Bird bailed. Unless we magically sign Hayward and find a way to add a rebounding/defensive big we aren't competing next year....very long shot.

That's is the 'we cant ever win 'whatever we do' plan,  DG

The assumption here is that Indiana can never attract any free agents..

Trading your star for role players a draft picks and rebuilding simply delays the time when you have to attract a big name free agent....and surround him with complimentary free agents

You cannot build through the draft in the NBA.

You have to be willing to spend to keep your guys (PG, Teague, Myles, Lance) and seek complimentary free agents...

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Michael Jordan is the best NBA player ever. No one will ever touch him. No debate to be had. And yes Magic Johnson was obviously better as well. LeBron is a great player but he's not even close to the two aforementioned players

LIG \..what about Wilt Chamberlain?...why is Michael better than Wilt?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I keep trying to tell people that the Cavs are loaded and everyone is like, NO NO it's all LeBron. They have an All-Star team and Kyle Korver is an All-Star if he plays for an Average team. JR Smith just canned a last second shot lmao. 72-31 Cavs at Half.

I hope Celtics get blown out every game. The only way they make a move (maybe for PG) is to realize they have no chance and young picks won't make a difference. You need a couple bonafide superstars to compete and Isaiah is close and Horford is just a nice player. They have roll players but they need to make major moves to compete. These rookies are going to take too long to develop with too much risk for them. I don't think PG is their number 1 focus but let's be real. Hayward is a nice piece but he isn't the player that can out play Lebron. To me PG is only player close to being able to be on that level. Especially since he shows up in playoffs.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Wilt won 2 Championships in an era he should've won at least 5 or 6 in. That era had 1 team Wilt had to beat that was great and that was Boston. He lost every time to them but once. I would take Kareem over Wilt. What 7'0 footers did Wilt play against? Kareem played against Hakeem from 1985-1989. He also played against guys like Ewing and Parish who were true 7'0 footers.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Michael is the best because not only was he great in the regular season, but he elevated his game in the postseason. 6-0 in NBA Finals with 6 MVPs and no series went 7 games. That's insane. He's the gold standard when it comes to professional basketball

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hope Celtics get blown out every game. The only way they make a move (maybe for PG) is to realize they have no chance and young picks won't make a difference. You need a couple bonafide superstars to compete and Isaiah is close and Horford is just a nice player. They have roll players but they need to make major moves to compete. These rookies are going to take too long to develop with too much risk for them. I don't think PG is their number 1 focus but let's be real. Hayward is a nice piece but he isn't the player that can out play Lebron. To me PG is only player close to being able to be on that level. Especially since he shows up in playoffs.

I agree. Cavs will sweep them now IMO with ease.

12 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Michael is the best because not only was he great in the regular season, but he elevated his game in the postseason. 6-0 in NBA Finals with 6 MVPs and no series went 7 games. That's insane. He's the gold standard when it comes to professional basketball

I cant argue with that. That's a good was to seperate them....

Mike's average went up in the post-season.....30.1 to 33.4 (who does that?)

Wilt's went down....30.1 to 22.9

(Oddly Wilts career playoff rebound average went up...22.5 to 24.5)

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's is the 'we cant ever win 'whatever we do' plan,  DG

The assumption here is that Indiana can never attract any free agents..

Trading your star for role players a draft picks and rebuilding simply delays the time when you have to attract a big name free agent....and surround him with complimentary free agents

You cannot build through the draft in the NBA.

You have to be willing to spend to keep your guys (PG, Teague, Myles, Lance) and seek complimentary free agents...

We won't go over luxury tax. Simon won't spend...we can't stack enough stars to make a difference. You absolutely have to draft a team. Look at OKC with how they built it with Durant, HArden, Westbrook...then surrounded with complimentary. Do you think GS was a big market team years ago. Nope they drafted well. Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes etc signed IGGy and built a place free agents want to go to. We could do that with a few great draft picks. We can sign some nice pieces every once in awhile like West but we aren't attracting a star...Gordon only maybe because he grew up here. We aren't attractive right now...we have to build that. That's why I hate trading draft picks for guys like Scola and Young past few years....can't afford to mortgage your future for an avg team. Maybe we use the pick for a young star in the making...draft maybe a nice roll player at 18 put that with young player like Ingram and with Myles already your on your way. We maxed out the PG scenario. If you can't attract something special this offseason you have to reverse course and make the deal.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

We won't go over luxury tax. Simon won't spend...we can't stack enough stars to make a difference. You absolutely have to draft a team. Look at OKC with how they built it with Durant, HArden, Westbrook...then surrounded with complimentary. Do you think GS was a big market team years ago. Nope they drafted well. Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes etc signed IGGy and built a place free agents want to go to. We could do that with a few great draft picks. We can sign some nice pieces every once in awhile like West but we aren't attracting a star...Gordon only maybe because he grew up here. We aren't attractive right now...we have to build that. That's why I hate trading draft picks for guys like Scola and Young past few years....can't afford to mortgage your future for an avg team. Maybe we use the pick for a young star in the making...draft maybe a nice roll player at 18 put that with young player like Ingram and with Myles already your on your way. We maxed out the PG scenario. If you can't attract something special this offseason you have to reverse course and make the deal.

Understand that every teams is drafting and only Golden State gut Curry and Thompson. Barnes and Green are role players.  Green isn't Paul George.

2 thoughts.

What is more possible (excuse the grammar) ?

Tanking and hoping to draft 3 all-NBA Players?

...or holding your all-NBA player and trying to attract another star to play with him.

and do you understand that if we trade PG for the No1 overall pick and draft a young phenom....'Chris Crossover'  or 'Luke Skywalker' who quickly becomes even better than Paul George.....in 2 or 3 years we'll be in the exact same position we are now.

Trying to find another star to play with our 'Skywalker'  or lose him in free agency.?

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You know whats up!! Mark thinks we can just sign great players and PG will magically stay and be happy no one sees any incentive to come sign here and PG knows this too so he will leave. Drafting is 100% the way to build in a small market we just don't ever draft worth a %

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Understand that every teams is drafting and only Golden State gut Curry and Thompson. Barnes and Green are role players.  Green isn't Paul George.

2 thoughts.

What is more possible (excuse the grammar) ?

Tanking and hoping to draft 3 all-NBA Players?

...or holding your all-NBA player and trying to attract another star to play with him.

and do you understand that if we trade PG for the No1 overall pick and draft a young phenom....'Chris Crossover'  or 'Luke Skywalker' who quickly becomes even better than Paul George.....in 2 or 3 years we'll be in the exact same position we are now.

Trying to find another star to play with our 'Skywalker'  or lose him in free agency.?

No cause you would be adding other great players in a PG trade not just the pick if we traded him to LA and got Ingram and the pick and we get say Fultz that gives us a young core of Fultz Ingram and Turner 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You know whats up!! Mark thinks we can just sign great players and PG will magically stay and be happy no one sees any incentive to come sign here and PG knows this too so he will leave. Drafting is 100% the way to build in a small market we just don't ever draft worth a %

.I'll ask you...same question..we draft a star and in 3 years..he's better than PG.

What do we do when we need someone THEN to go with our star

Nobody builds through the draft in the NBA

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No cause you would be adding other great players in a PG trade not just the pick if we traded him to LA and got Ingram and the pick and we get say Fultz that gives us a young core of Fultz Ingram and Turner 

what other great players? Ingram...you're not thinking this through.

which one of those 3 is close to Paul George?

Don't give up on a chance..for hope

Just now, oldunclemark said:

.I'll ask you...same question..we draft a star and in 3 years..he's better than PG.

What do we do when we need someone THEN to go with our star

Nobody builds through the draft in the NBA

We already have a young potential star in Turner you add The top pick and another high profile player we will be in great shape to attract FAs

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

what other great players? Ingram...you're not thinking this through.

which one of those 3 is close to Paul George

Ingram is a very good young player idk what the hell you are talking about. He's not OF but he's gonna be pretty good 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

We already have a young potential star in Turner you add The top pick and another high profile player we will be in great shape to attract FAs

..so you DO think we can attract free agents to Indy...I'm glad to hear that.

How about using PG, Lance and Myles Turner as a young core to attract free agents?

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ingram is a very good young player idk what the hell you are talking about. He's not OF but he's gonna be pretty good 

No....CF.....

The lakers are trying to get rid of Ingram. I think you know hes been a problem for them.

We don't want other teams' problems

..and same question: What's wrong with using Lance, Myles Turner and PG to attract free agents?

....and doing it now

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah that has worked so well 

Its the way the NBA works

Worked for the (NBA champ) Cavs....you have to spend..,,as has been said here.

We can compete if we spend as much as the teams we're trying to beat

9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's really all there is to say to him lol 

..when I'm right....I guess it is

same question: We trade PG for the No.1 pick in the draft and, in 2 or 3 years, that guy is better than PG.

( I know that 's unlikely but lets say it happens)

Next year: We tank and lose 70 games..and we get a high pick who starts for us and in 2 or 3 years is solid

....where are we then?: Looking to acquire a major free agent before our 2017 No. 1 pick (fill in any name)  leaves in free agency....

The real answer is: .....we'd be exactly where we are right now

Our core is good...PG is 27, Lance is 26..Myles is 22..all are under contract

What's wrong with trying to win next year?

37 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..when I'm right....I guess it is

same question: We trade PG for the No.1 pick in the draft and, in 2 or 3 years, that guy is better than PG.

( I know that 's unlikely but lets say it happens)

Next year: We tank and lose 70 games..and we get a high pick who starts for us and in 2 or 3 years is solid

....where are we then?: Looking to acquire a major free agent before our 2017 No. 1 pick (fill in any name)  leaves in free agency....

The real answer is: .....we'd be exactly where we are right now

Our core is good...PG is 27, Lance is 26..Myles is 22..all are under contract

What's wrong with trying to win next year?

Nobody cares about Lance besides us and Myles did not play as well last year as expected. How does that attract free agents next year? It doesn't. We're not spending money if we cannot get people here.

You're trying to act like people don't go to other teams that offer less money for championships. It happens all the damn time. David West left 10-12 million here to go to the Spurs and then the Warriors for vet minimum. Even if PG doesn't go to LA, super teams are the big thing nowadays and if he doesn't feel like he can win here he will go. Period.

And to your last point about trading PG. Where will we be if he leaves next year and we are left with nothing? We wouldn't lose 70 games with the number one pick and other assets we get for PG. We could lose 70 games if he leaves us for nothing.

This may be an unpopular opinion on here, but I say trade PG. It's obvious he wants out. Trade him to the highest bidder for a top pick and a young player. Build around the pick, player, and Turner. Rebuild this team from the bottom up. 

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

News flash for you our owner won't spend the cash so guess what we have to do?? BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!! You act like we are such an attractive landing spot we weren't when we were winning and you think we will be able to get great players this off-season?? Also the whole NBA knows Paul wants to play in LA so why would they try to build a super team here? You don't think rings through

Pritchard said that he is going to spend more than Larry did.  It was Larry's choice to stay under the luxury tax.  I am going to let this play out as we ditch some salaries moving forward.

I never have seen anything about the 4 number 1's being offered to us for him.....I will look for that.

I honestly could care less if George stays.  His play is great in the playoffs and he does not play hard against teams we should beat every night.  My preference would be for him to go to the West instead of the East

The Celtics are simply warn out.  I read someone called the team soft.  Must not have watched the Bulls and Wizard series.  Those two series were throwbacks to the late 80's with all of the banging going on.

They are tired and the Cavs are fresh.  Lets get on to the draft and FA.  I hope Lebron beats the Warriors again with KD.

25 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

News flash for you our owner won't spend the cash so guess what we have to do?? BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!! You act like we are such an attractive landing spot we weren't when we were winning and you think we will be able to get great players this off-season?? Also the whole NBA knows Paul wants to play in LA so why would they try to build a super team here? You don't think things through

25 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Pritchard said that he is going to spend more than Larry did.  It was Larry's choice to stay under the luxury tax.  I am going to let this play out as we ditch some salaries moving forward.

I never have seen anything about the 4 number 1's being offered to us for him.....I will look for that.

I honestly could care less if George stays.  His play is great in the playoffs and he does not play hard against teams we should beat every night.  My preference would be for him to go to the West instead of the East

There is a story (ESPN) that Atlanta offered four No.1 choices for Paul

Sounds great but it would only build depth if we don't have star players..to lead

I dont understand the passionate love for guys who have never played an NBA game and haven't played many college games

I wouldn't argue that Paul coasts through regular season games but so does LeBron

We need to be good enough where he can coast through some regular season games.

I want a guy who in great in the playoffs..

This is the first I've heard that it was not our owner's choice to stay under the cap.

I hope you are right, Brent

WE need to resign Teague..and we need to get a center like Lopez and a shooter like JJ Reddick

We are not that far away

If we win 50 next year....I'm confident Paul will resign with us rather than go to the sub .500 Lakers

Monta Ellis wont be back.....Lance takes his minutes

LaVoy Allen wont be back...Kevin Serafin takes his minutes...there was a noted difference in Serafin's play once Lance came back..dont know why exactly..

Al Jefferson will be tough to move because he doesn't  fit on most teams....

We cant give up CJ Miles when we are looking to add shooting

If we cant get Gordon Hayward or even Carmelo Anthony, or a shooting '4' in the draft...Thad Young is a quality starting forward..

..we can get significant improvement from Glenn Robinson and Lance and Myles Turner.

No reason to be discouraged about our prospects

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Monta Ellis wont be back.....Lance takes his minutes

LaVoy Allen wont be back...Kevin Serafin takes his minutes...there was a noted difference in Serafin's play once Lance came back..dont know why exactly..

Al Jefferson will be tough to move because he doesn't  fit on most teams....

We cant give up CJ Miles when we are looking to add shooting

If we cant get Gordon Hayward or even Carmelo Anthony, or a shooting '4' in the draft...Thad Young is a quality starting forward..

..we can get significant improvement from Glenn Robinson and Lance and Myles Turner.

No reason to be discouraged about our prospects

miles has a player option, he can leave on his own

i dont see us getting gordon, melo would be ineresting... to say the least, i doubt he wants to come here though.  i am discouraged because this team would be decent but, they wont compete for a title

can we just pencil in Cleveland and Gs to make the finals next year too?  might as well

start selling tickets in foxboro for the AFC title game while we are at it

8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Isaiah Thomas out the rest of the playoffs with hip injury.

That is their way of conceding. Just like the Spurs not playing Leonard tonight LOL. Regarding Leonard's injury it is a sprained ankle and no structural damage was done, makes no sense for Leonard to sit - it's the WCFinals. Spurs know it's over so they will just sit him is my take. Thomas has a much more serious injury but they had no chance either. Just bring on the Finals and lets hope both the Cavs and Warriors are 100% healthy so there are no excuses to who wins.

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

can we just pencil in Cleveland and Gs to make the finals next year too?  might as well

start selling tickets in foxboro for the AFC title game while we are at it

I cant agree with you anymore. HOnestly new england fans can start booking hotels in Minn. Lebron james will be in the finals next year. UConn women will start a new undefeated streak. Bama will be a lock for the championship, and Calipari will have 5 one and dones.

I have been watching Baseball for the most part but see the Warriors are up 64-55 at Half. Not even worth watching really as it is over. I just check in on the game about every 20 minutes to make sure nobody is injured as that is really my only concern. I wont even watch the Cavs/Celtics tomorrow, already know who's going to win. Cant wait for the Finals.