Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I will take DR J with my 11th pick!

As of now I only have 2 true SG's in Kobe and Wade. Magic, Steph, and Isiah are my PG's. SF's are LeBron and Durant, Shaq and Kareem will have my Center duties, and Malone and Russell will be my PF's. I will pair up Russell with Kareem sort of like a Twin Tower combo off the bench. That is 11 players, I need one more outstanding 3 point shooter because I really only have Steph and Durant to spread the floor that are guys considered great from the 3. So my final pick of the Draft at #23 is Reggie Miller. I can enter change he, Kobe, and Wade and that gives me overall solid 3 point shooting as a team to go along with my Big's and SF's.

So my final Roster looks like this, depth chart wise:

PG's - Magic, Steph, (Pistons)Thomas

SG's - Kobe, Wade, Reggie

SF's - LeBron, Durant

PF's - Malone, Russell who I will play at PF/of course he can play Center as well

Center's - Shaq, Kareem

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now I only have 2 true SG's in Kobe and Wade. Magic, Steph, and Isiah are my PG's. SF's are LeBron and Durant, Shaq and Kareem will have my Center duties, and Malone and Russell will be my PF's. I will pair up Russell with Kareem sort of like a Twin Tower combo off the bench. That is 11 players, I need one more outstanding 3 point shooter because I really only have Steph and Durant to spread the floor that are guys considered great from the 3. So my final pick of the Draft at #23 is Reggie Miller. I can enter change he, Kobe, and Wade and that gives me overall solid 3 point shooting as a team to go along with my Big's and SF's.

So my final Roster looks like this, depth chart wise:

PG's - Magic, Steph, (Pistons)Thomas

SG's - Kobe, Wade, Reggie

SF's - LeBron, Durant

PF's - Malone, Russell who I will play at PF/of course he can play Center as well

Center's - Shaq, Kareem

My final pick is this guy, one of my top 5 players of all time!

2uiua2w.png

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best dunker of all-time IMO.

I can't disagree with that all though, I'd love to see MJ, Nique and Vince in a dunk contest(all in their primes).  Have you seen his pre game ritual now?  Makes a jump shot from half court then dunks one between his legs like its nothing, to finish out his pre game workout at age 40!

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I can't disagree with that all though, I'd love to see MJ, Nique and Vince in a dunk contest(all in their primes).  Have you seen his pre game ritual now?  Makes a jump shot from half court then dunks one between his legs like its nothing, to finish out his pre game workout at age 40!

Yeah I would love to see an all-time Dunk Contest between Carter, Jordan, Nique, Dr J, Drexler, and throw in Spud Webb for 6 competitors!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I would love to see an all-time Dunk Contest between Carter, Jordan, Nique, Dr J, Drexler, and throw Spud Webb for 6 competitors!

That'd be awesome!  Back in 98-99 I always argued with my dad over who was the next MJ.  He said Kobe and I said Carter, he was right obviously lol closer to MJ anyways.  Back then I couldn't stand Kobe though.  Vince still had a hell of a career. I'd like to see him join a contender next year and win one before he retires.

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

That'd be awesome!  Back in 98-99 I always argued with my dad over who was the next MJ.  He said Kobe and I said Carter, he was right obviously lol closer to MJ anyways.  Back then I couldn't stand Kobe though.  Vince still had a hell of a career. I'd like to see him join a contender next year and win one before he retires.

Yeah I always thought Vince would win a Ring sometime in his career but it hasn't happened. Sometimes great players don't win one. Reggie never won one for example. I have to admit I never thought Kobe would be a Top 10 player of all-time after his first years and thought maybe he would be similar to Drexler's greatness which is great but not Top 10. I gave Shaq most of the credit for the 3 straight Titles back in the day but looking back on it now, Kobe was just as great as Shaq actually in winning those Titles. Once Kobe went Back-to-Back with Pau Gasol as his 2nd best player and an injured Bynum, that locked up his Top 10 status and me a huge believer in his game/presence.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I always thought Vince would win a Ring sometime in his career but it hasn't happened. Sometimes great players don't win one. Reggie never won one for example. I have to admit I never thought Kobe would be a Top 10 player of all-time after his first years and thought maybe he would be similar to Drexler's greatness which is great but not Top 10. I gave Shaq most of the credit for the 3 straight Titles back in the day but looking back on it now, Kobe was just as great as Shaq actually in winning those Titles. Once Kobe went Back-to-Back with Pau Gasol as his 2nd best player and an injured Bynum, that locked up his Top 10 status and me a huge believer in his game/presence.

I agree.  I think it was a big eye opener for Kobe when the Lakers sucked in 2004-05(The year after the Shaq trade), he grew up a lot after that in my opinion.  As far as our draft goes, what do we do next?  Break down one player at a time or what?

20 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree.  I think it was a big eye opener for Kobe when the Lakers sucked in 2004-05(The year after the Shaq trade), he grew up a lot after that in my opinion.  As far as our draft goes, what do we do next?  Break down one player at a time or what?

Not sure, here our Rosters -

Yours:

PG's - Oscar, West

SG's - Jordan, Baylor, Carter

SF's - Bird, Pippen, Dr J

PF's - Duncan, Dirk

Centers - Wilt, Hakeem

-Baylor would be a SG in todays league IMO so I see what you did, he was only 6'5. He played SF back in the 60's much like I believe Russell would be used as a PF more than a Center in todays game. Russell would be the perfect PF because of his Defense and Rebounding. The guys that scare me the most on your team are obviously Jordan and Wilt. Just having Jordan on your team gives you several advantages as he is the GOAT and having Wilt in the paint is pretty intimidating. Wilt vs Shaq would be fun as hell to watch!

My Roster is:

PG's - Magic, Steph, PistonsThomas

SG's - Kobe, Wade, Reggie

SF's - LeBron, Durant

PF's - KMalone, Russell

Centers - Shaq, Kareem

-I love Magic running my team (I think he is the greatest Leader in sports) and love my Centers as well in Shaq and Kareem - they have 2 different styles of play. I also like my balance as in I can go big or small. Having Magic and Kareem on the same team would bring great chemistry to the team when I do play them together as well. I also could play a 3 point shooting lineup at times with Steph PG, Reggie SG, Durant SF all in together at once.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure, here our Rosters -

Yours:

PG's - Oscar, West

SG's - Jordan, Baylor, Carter

SF's - Bird, Pippen, Dr J

PF's - Duncan, Dirk

Centers - Wilt, Hakeem

-Baylor would be a SG in todays league IMO so I see what you did, he was only 6'5. He played SF back in the 60's much like I believe Russell would be used as a PF more than a Center in todays game. Russell would be the perfect PF because of his Defense and Rebounding. The guys that scare me the most on your team are obviously Jordan and Wilt. Just having Jordan on your team gives you several advantages as he is the GOAT and having Wilt in the paint is pretty intimidating. Wilt vs Shaq would be fun as hell to watch!

My Roster is:

PG's - Magic, Steph, PistonsThomas

SG's - Kobe, Wade, Reggie

SF's - LeBron, Durant

PF's - KMalone, Russell

Centers - Shaq, Kareem

-I love Magic running my team (I think he is the greatest Leader in sports) and love my Centers as well in Shaq and Kareem - they have 2 different styles of play. I also like my balance as in I can go big or small. Having Magic and Kareem on the same team would bring great chemistry to the team when I do play them together as well. I also could play a 3 point shooting lineup at times with Steph PG, Reggie SG, Durant SF all in together at once.

I agree with you!  This would be an excellent match up.  Can you imagine Magic Kobe and Shaq on the same team or Jordan and Wilt?  Jordan's the GOAT but I honestly think Wilt is the most dominating player of all time.  Averaged 50 PPG and 26 RPG, averaged 30 PPG and 23 RPG for his career and I bet he averaged at least 6 blocks per game, probably more, they had to change rules because of him and he led the league in assists one year.  Wilt, Kareem and Hakeem would dominate today's game.  Russell I am not sure about, he was on some dang good teams but I saw his finals averages the other day and they were comparable to Tyson Chandler lol.  Jerry West was Mr. Clutch in the 60's and 70's.  Big O was a walking triple double for his career.  Isiah Thomas never gets enough credit imo, I think the reason is because of his dirty tendencies.  We have Bird and Reggie arguably two of the best shooters of all time.  I honestly think Duncan, Dirk and Malone would handle Russell quite easily lol, I am just not a big Russell guy lol.  Kobe vs Jordan, LeBron vs Jordan, Shaq vs Wilt. Kareem vs Hakeem all great match ups.  I honestly think Vince Carter and Reggie could both handle their own against Jordan, Kobe and Wade(In their primes anyways) too.

Looking back on this one guy I almost Drafted was John Stockton so I could have that Malone/Stock connection. I just felt like Isiah is the better all-time player though so I took him instead for another PG.

Stockton was great but I'd roll with Isiah.  I think he was all around better. I almost took J Kidd over Jerry West.  Kidd was very underrated too. He's a top 4 PG of all time easily. 

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree with you!  This would be an excellent match up.  Can you imagine Magic Kobe and Shaq on the same team or Jordan and Wilt?  Jordan's the GOAT but I honestly think Wilt is the most dominating player of all time.  Averaged 50 PPG and 26 RPG, averaged 30 PPG and 23 RPG for his career and I bet he averaged at least 6 blocks per game, probably more, they had to change rules because of him and he led the league in assists one year.  Wilt, Kareem and Hakeem would dominate today's game.  Russell I am not sure about, he was on some dang good teams but I saw his finals averages the other day and they were comparable to Tyson Chandler lol.  Jerry West was Mr. Clutch in the 60's and 70's.  Big O was a walking triple double for his career.  Isiah Thomas never gets enough credit imo, I think the reason is because of his dirty tendencies.  We have Bird and Reggie arguably two of the best shooters of all time.  I honestly think Duncan, Dirk and Malone would handle Russell quite easily lol, I am just not a big Russell guy lol.  Kobe vs Jordan, LeBron vs Jordan, Shaq vs Wilt. Kareem vs Hakeem all great match ups.  I honestly think Vince Carter and Reggie could both handle their own against Jordan, Kobe and Wade(In their primes anyways). 

I am not the biggest Russell fan either but he was the anchor on those Celtics Championship teams. He averaged 22 Rebounds a game back then and played great Defense. I wouldn't need him to score with my lineup. Big O is in the Top 10 on most peoples all-time list, he was the greatest PG of all-time IMO until Magic came along. Magic was really only better because of his size, a 6'9 PG back in 1980 was a freak of nature, it still is today. Big O was still 6'5 and very strong though.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not the biggest Russell fan either but he was the anchor on those Celtics Championship teams. He averaged 22 Rebounds a game back then and played great Defense. I wouldn't need him to score with my lineup. Big O is in the Top 10 on most peoples all-time list, he was the greatest PG of all-time IMO until Magic came along. Magic was really only better because of his size, a 6'9 PG back in 1980 was a freak of nature, it still is today. Big O was still 6'5 and very strong though.

No I know what you mean.  I kind of think Russell would be a liability in today's game or even in the 80's and 90's, 22 RPG is still impressive though.  A 6'9" PG now a days isn't even really heard of lol.  Here are my top 5 PG's of all time.  Magic #1, Big O #2, Kidd #3, West #4 and Stockton #5.  You can make an argument for Isiah Thomas, Steve Nash, Walt Frazier, Bob Cousy etc.  I think Curry will be in the top 5 all time when his career is over.  You know who else was a really good true PG that doesn't get enough credit is?  Mark Jackson.  He wasn't a great scorer but he knew how to run a team and is 4th all time in assists. 

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

No I know what you mean.  I kind of think Russell would be a liability in today's game or even in the 80's and 90's, 22 RPG is still impressive though.  A 6'9" PG now a days isn't even really heard of lol.  Here are my top 5 PG's of all time.  Magic #1, Big O #2, Kidd #3, West #4 and Stockton #5.  You can make an argument for Isiah Thomas, Steve Nash, Walt Frazier, Bob Cousy etc.  I think Curry will be in the top 5 all time when his career is over.  You know who else was a really good true PG that doesn't get enough credit is?  Mark Jackson.  He wasn't a great scorer but he knew how to run a team and is 4th all time in assists. 

The thing about West is he played both SG and PG, it depends how one would classify him. Much like Duncan, is Duncan more of a PF or Center? Most people classify Duncan as the best PF of all-time. West played PG on the Lakers 1972 Championship team, Goodrich was the SG. So with that example West was a PG.

Here is a Top 10 list of all-time players and why it is tough to make a Top 10.

You have Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and LeBron as floor players and Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Russell, and Duncan for Big's. See that is 10 players right there and no Big O?? Keeping Big O off that list seems like blasphemy doesn't it but who would you take off that Top 10 to put him in that.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The thing about West is he played both SG and PG, it depends how one would classify him. Much like Duncan, is Duncan more of a PF or Center? Most people classify Duncan as the best PF of all-time. West played PG on the Lakers 1972 Championship team, Goodrich was the SG. So with that example West was a PG.

I consider West a PG.  Duncan was a Power Forward his whole career until his last 4 or 5 seasons.  He's the best PF to ever play imo.

Here is a Top 10 list of all-time players and why it is tough to make a Top 10.

You have Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and LeBron as floor players and Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Russell, and Duncan for Big's. See that is 10 players right there and no Big O?? Keeping Big O off that list seems like blasphemy doesn't it but who would you take off that Top 10 to put him in that.

I see what you mean, but I'd  have Jordan, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, LeBron, Duncan and then Big O in that order.  Big O only won one ring but the dude averaged a triple double for an entire season, averaged 25 10 and 8 for his career.  He led the league in assists multiple times, made 11 All NBA Teams, won the 1964 NBA MVP, was top 5 in MVP voting every year he was in the league except 1 or 2.  I am hoping I can meet him this year at the National Sports Card Convention in Rosemont.  I met Pippen and Rodman last year and it was a blast!

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I see what you mean, but I'd  have Jordan, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Bird, Kobe, Shaq, LeBron, Duncan and then Big O in that order.  Big O only won one ring but the dude averaged a triple double for an entire season, averaged 25 10 and 8 for his career.  He led the league in assists, made 11 All NBA Teams, won the 1964 NBA MVP, was top 5 in MVP voting every year he was in the league except 1 or 2. 

I just cant see keeping a guy like Russell out of the Top 10 that won 11 Championships, averaged 22 Rebounds a game, and was known as the best Defensive player in his era. 8 of his 11 Championships were won by only having to win 2 series but it was a different era. I do think that still does take a little from winning 11 though but 11 is 11. I actually would have Big O 11th and that makes me cringe but the emergence of players like Kobe and LeBron over the last decade have put them in the Top 10 IMO. I do have Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, LeBron in my Top 10 as far as floor players. I have Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Russell, and Duncan as far as Big's = 10 players. Big O would be 11th, Hakeem probably 12th, and West 13th. Before I do an official Top 10 list again I want to see how LeBron finishes this season because if he beats the Warriors again, a lot changes IMO.

I just cant see keeping a guy like Russell out of the Top 10 that won 11 Championships, averaged 22 Rebounds a game, and was known as the best Defensive player in his era. 8 of his 11 Championships were won by only having to win 2 series but it was a different era. I do think that still does take a little from winning 11 though but 11 is 11. I actually would have Big O 11th and that makes me cringe but the emergence of players like Kobe and LeBron over the last decade have put them in the Top 10 IMO. I do have Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, LeBron in my Top 10 as far as floor players. I have Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Russell, and Duncan as far as Big's = 10 players. Big O would be 11th, Hakeem probably 12th, and West 13th. Before I do an official Top 10 list again I want to see how LeBron finishes this season because if he beats the Warriors again, a lot changes IMO.

I see what you're saying, I am just not a big Bill Russell guy.  Yes he averaged 18 PPG and 22 RPG and won 11 rings which is impressive but I'd have Big O in my top 10.  Let me ask you this, other than Wilt, what other big 6'9+ guy did Russell have to go up against?   Obviously Wilt held his own against Russell, Russell just had a better all around team.  Not many true NBA Fans can name 1 player on Wilts 76ers teams without looking it up.  I can't see him not being top 10 but obviously there is no wrong answer.  I know if I had to start a team from scratch right now, I am taking Big O over Russell, just my opinion though.

7 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I see what you're saying, I am just not a big Bill Russell guy.  Yes he averaged 18 PPG and 22 RPG and won 11 rings which is impressive but I'd have Big O in my top 10.  Let me ask you this, other than Wilt, what other big 6'9+ guy did Russell have to go up against?   Obviously Wilt held his own against Russell, Russell just had a better all around team.  Not many true NBA Fans can name 1 player on Wilts 76ers teams without looking it up.  I can't see him not being top 10 but obviously there is no wrong answer.  I know if I had to start a team from scratch right now, I am taking Big O over Russell, just my opinion though.

Oh I respect your opinion, I took Shaq 1st over Kareem in our Draft and I think Kareem had the better overall career. Shaq was just so dominant in the paint!

Oh I respect your opinion, I took Shaq 1st over Kareem in our Draft and I think Kareem had the better overall career. Shaq was just so dominant in the paint!

Kareem definitely had the better career but Shaq's was pretty impressive as well.  You really can't go wrong with Wilt, Kareem or Shaq.  The 3 best Centers to ever player imo.  All Lakers too lol

53 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Kareem definitely had the better career but Shaq's was pretty impressive as well.  You really can't go wrong with Wilt, Kareem or Shaq.  The 3 best Centers to ever player imo.  All Lakers too lol

Didnt Kareem have the nost ungaurdable shot ever?? I grew up watching shaq.. and i hated how unstoppable he was down low..

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Didnt Kareem have the nost ungaurdable shot ever?? I grew up watching shaq.. and i hated how unstoppable he was down low..

Arguably the most unguardable shot (Sky Hook).  This photo proves how much of a freak Wilt was.  This was at the end of Wilts career lol  Only person to ever block the sky hook.  Shaq, Wilt and Kareem were all unstoppable, I'll take Wilt out of those 3 tho!  Just my opinion.

14bma3c.jpg

2moa4ps.jpg

48 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Arguably the most unguardable shot (Sky Hook).  This photo proves how much of a freak Wilt was.  This was at the end of Wilts career lol  Only person to ever block the sky hook.  Shaq, Wilt and Kareem were all unstoppable, I'll take Wilt out of those 3 tho!  Just my opinion.

14bma3c.jpg

2moa4ps.jpg

The only reason Shaq was unstoppable was a rule change adding the circle at the rim. If that rule had not been changed Shaq would have fouled out of 75% of every game he played in.

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Boston always had the best team money could buy back in those days.

Was over at ESPN for a few and watching some pre game stuff leading up to Warriors/Spurs. It sucks Leonard is injured and that is all anyone is talking about now. Now that will take away from the Warriors from winning the West and give the Warriors haters/Spurs fans an out/excuse for losing. Kawhi Leonard himself - his own words even said he didn't think Zaza's play was dirty. Pop goes ballistic but yet I have 2 words for Pop = Bruce Bowen. Pop had no problem at all with Bowen sticking his feet under Kobe for years in many Playoff battles. What a hypocrite!

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

Trade PG for Bradley, Smart, Crowder, and the 1st pick. 

That was the deal the Pacers wanted back in February. Celtics didn't want to give up three of four from the group of Bradley, Smart, Crowder and Brown. They would've given up two of those players

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn, Curry is on fire with 4 3's already. 33-16 Warriors up big already. I want the Warriors to win but I hate the fact Leonard is out because now it's boring. I am hopeful both the Cavs and Warriors are healthy come Finals time.

I love seeing Steph go off on the opposition. It's so fun to watch

25 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

That was the deal the Pacers wanted back in February. Celtics didn't want to give up three of four from the group of Bradley, Smart, Crowder and Brown. They would've given up two of those players

Bird was stupid to not even entertain that, IMO. If PG goes to LA eventually, what do we have in return? Are we hanging on to slim hope that he will stay (or) do we think we are just a couple of players away from a NBA final worthy roster? Neither of that is the case, IMO. 

However, I want Lonzo Ball to drop in the draft, mainly because of his Dad. I wouldn't want that headache in any big market team. He might actually be better served going to a small market team. Send him to the 76ers and let us see if losing in Philly serves his Dad any humble pie.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Bird was stupid to not even entertain that, IMO. If PG goes to LA eventually, what do we have in return? Are we hanging on to slim hope that he will stay (or) do we think we are just a couple of players away from a NBA final worthy roster? Neither of that is the case, IMO. 

However, I want Lonzo Ball to drop in the draft, mainly because of his Dad. I wouldn't want that headache in any big market team. He might actually be better served going to a small market team. Send him to the 76ers and let us see if losing in Philly serves his Dad any humble pie.

I'm of the mindset that the Pacers need to trade Paul George. You can't lose him for nothing. The last chance is to get Gordon Hayward. If the Pacers get him, that changes everything. And I agree about Lonzo Ball. I wouldn't have any part of him with my franchise. And he can thank his loud mouthed dad for that