Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of people cant stand the fact they live and die by the 3 but isn't that what Cleveland did last year and does now. I mean the Cavs are a 3 point happy team. It is basically LeBron driving and if he cant get to the hoop he just dishes out to Love or Korver or Smith for 3, etc.. Same with Kyrie he does the same thing.

A lot of teams live and die by the 3 pointer in today's game. Warriors are just the best at it. That's why they're hated

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Amen, I don't have a favorite basketball team I watch for just pure love of the game.. and you nailed it. Klay can only score 6 points... but that's okay other people pick up the slack.. the next game he'll score 20

I'm a Pacers fan but Steph Curry is my favorite player. So I have an investment in the Warriors

8 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Amen, I don't have a favorite basketball team I watch for just pure love of the game.. and you nailed it. Klay can only score 6 points... but that's okay other people pick up the slack.. the next game he'll score 20

I think had the Warriors stand pat, LeBron would've had a Repeat in the bag. He along with Kyrie figured them out last season. Adding Durant adds a huge other dimension.

44 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The hate for the Warriors is unwarranted. They play as a team and don't usually beat themselves. That's something I want to see in a basketball team

I wouldn't be swayed by media and Message boards..

//////there's a lot to like and dislike about both the Warriors and Cavs

......Golden State plays basketball the 'wrong' way....They pass up good shots for bad ones because they can make bad shots.....they go against virtually a century of basketball theorry in that respect

the Cavs have one guy in the middle of the floor setting up 3s for everybody else...

Without LeBron scoring or the threat of LeBron scoring, they dont really have an offense fior any extended period of time.

But you do what you have to do to win.

That's our issue. We say we want to play faster. But the game slows in the playoffs. You have to play faster and then you have to play slower again.  You need 'two different teams'\

We want a better defense but the NBA is all about offense.   GSW knows they can overplay everyone, foul a lot and give up 2s...because they can make 3s....

Cleveland is slow and they cant rebound when Thompson isn't out there.

But they can drop those 3s at the other end and it puts pressure on your offense...

You do what you have to do to win

In some draft projectioons..one name is missing

Wouldn't Caleb Swanigan be available at #18 ?

If so, he would be perfect for us...He could play alongside or in place of Myles Turner//

..he's an improving shooter...excellent shot blocker....played at high D-1..still just 21 year old..

...unless we can offer Gordon Hayward a max deal   ..Swanigan seems to fit us, right?

What do the Falcons, Pacers, and Spurs all have in common? They all blew 25 point leads in huge games! By the time the Cavs play Wednesday, Warriors will be up 2-0 more than likely. I am just glad the Warriors won today because the haters were ready to pounce on them and Post all kinds of nonsense on ESPN. Durant would've got the brunt of it too eventhough Klay only had 6 points. Now it's all sweet silence :scoregood:. Hey what's up with the dude on the right only giving a 9.9? Should be 3 10's :violin:

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

You guys love big men clearly.....so is there a 3pt line in this theoretical game because the paint is going to be terribly clogged up and you guys need someone to stretch the defense for sure!

Larry Bird?  I have Jordan and Big O and then two solid bigs.  Bird will supply enough shooting, arguably the 3rd best shooter of all time.  I can't speak for coltesbestever 3pt shooting, but I have mine figured out:thmup:

16 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

A lot of teams live and die by the 3 pointer in today's game. Warriors are just the best at it. That's why they're hated

It is also because they added Durant. They had a Big 3, they wanted the Big 4, I guess. Lebron teamed with Wade and Bosh, then teamed with Kyrie and Love, the Warriors decided to one up. 

All I want is the officiating to let them play and not call touch fouls which benefits Warriors and their 3 point shooters who do not like to drive inside as much. 

I guess they may be considered "soft in philosophy" and maybe that is the fundamental reason why the Warriors are getting flak now because they do not want to bang it inside with the others and play tough nosed basketball, at least in the eyes of fans who grew up watching the Bad Piston Boys, MJ, Shaq etc. and that includes me.

However, rules have changed and fans who like offense, the Warriors are the latest thing since sliced bread. It is like the 2007 Patriots, the fact that their O was played at such a high level overshadowed the fact that they did play very good D that led to the blowout wins. The same thing with the Warriors.

However, the Warriors and Cavs are flat out killing the competitive balance in the NBA, IMO. There needs to be a not-to-exceed cap at some point in the NBA if other teams need to stand a chance.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

It is also because they added Durant. They had a Big 3, they wanted the Big 4, I guess. Lebron teamed with Wade and Bosh, then teamed with Kyrie and Love, the Warriors decided to one up. 

All I want is the officiating to let them play and not call touch fouls which benefits Warriors and their 3 point shooters who do not like to drive inside as much. 

I guess they may be considered "soft in philosophy" and maybe that is the fundamental reason why the Warriors are getting flak now because they do not want to bang it inside with the others and play tough nosed basketball, at least in the eyes of fans who grew up watching the Bad Piston Boys, MJ, Shaq etc. and that includes me.

However, rules have changed and fans who like offense, the Warriors are the latest thing since sliced bread. It is like the 2007 Patriots, the fact that their O was played at such a high level overshadowed the fact that they did play very good D that led to the blowout wins. The same thing with the Warriors.

However, the Warriors and Cavs are flat out killing the competitive balance in the NBA, IMO. There needs to be a not-to-exceed cap at some point in the NBA if other teams need to stand a chance.

Great post. I totally agree about the "soft in philosophy" mentality. I'm one who likes the Warriors and they do just want to outshoot the opposition. They do drive to the basket in certain situations but it's not often. That's definitely not how basketball was played back in the day. However, to me, they're just fun to watch. And I love me some Steph Curry

6 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I'll take Scottie Pippen next with my 8th pick

I'll update our list here in a little while, we will have to finish this tomorrow. I am off work tomorrow so will be on a lot of the day. I am at work right now so don't have much time but with the 17 pick I'll take Steph Curry (my 9th pick). I need a backup PG for Magic and a deadly 3 point shooter to spread the floor.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'll update our list here in a little while, we will have to finish this tomorrow. I am off work tomorrow so will be on a lot of the day. I am at work right now so don't have much time but with the 17 pick I'll take Steph Curry. I need a backup for Magic and a deadly 3 point shooter to spread the floor.

Sounds good, my 9th pick will be Dirk Nowitzki

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have as starters:

Oscar Robertson PG

Michael Jordan SG

Larry Bird SF

Tim Duncan PF

Wilt Chamberlain Center

Bench so far:

Elgin Baylor SF

Hakeem Olajuwon Center

Scottie Pippen SF

Dirk Nowitzki PF

Jerry West SG/PG

I have as starters:

Magic Johnson PG

Kobe Bryant SG

LeBron James SF

Karl Malone PF

Shaq O'Neal Center

Bench so far:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center

Bill Russell Center/PF

Dwyane Wade SG

Steph Curry PG

Kevin Durant SF

I am up with the 21st pick which would be my 11th pick. Our Rosters have been updated.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

I guess it really is Steph Curry us "little" guys can relate to.. Growing up a small PG I hardly ever went inside. Just too many "trees" my dad/coaches always told me to be aggressive and get inside the paint. It just never worked.. so outside game became great. And it was always unheard of.. until little ole Steph Curry came along. Now he can finish at the rim because guys have to meet him beyond the 3 then he has plenty of space to get in the paint. It's so nice to see you can be successful this way. Sorry we all can't be 6'8" and 250 lbs and just bang in the paint for 48 mins haha 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

I agree with most of this but LeBron had a Big4 in Miami when Ray Allen joined in 2013. Also one can argue he does now with Korver, Korver is a deadly shooter and one of the best 3 point shooters of all-time and they got him for a sack of doo.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with most of this but LeBron had a Big4 in Miami when Ray Allen joined in 2013. Also one can argue he does now with Korver, Korver is a deadly shooter and one of the best 3 point shooters of all-time and they got him for a sack of doo.

By the time Ray Allen was on the heat he was not a big 3 type of player and Korver is in no way a big 3 type player either.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

By the time Ray Allen was on the heat he was not a big 3 type of player and Korver is in no way a big 3 type player either.

The Heat wouldn't of won it all in 2013 without Ray Allen so he was huge against the Spurs nailing 3's left and right, Allen also had a couple of huge games vs the Pacers in the Conference Finals. Allen is the all-time leader in made 3's. Korver is a deadly shooter as well, the 3 is a huge part of the game today. Korver was an All-Star in Atlanta.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am up with the 21st pick which would be my 11th pick. Our Rosters have been updated.

Bulls/Colts, If you scroll up a few Posts I have updated everything to your West pick, I am up at #21. I have to jump off here for now. Only 2 more picks to go for each of us.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now the All-Time Draft looks like this folks:

1. Michael Jordan to Bulls

2. Magic Johnson to 2006

3. Kobe Bryant to 2006

4. Wilt Chamberlain to Bulls

5. Shaq O'Neal to 2006

6. Larry Bird to Bulls

7. LeBron James to 2006

8. Tim Duncan to Bulls

9. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to 2006

10. Oscar Robertson to Bulls

11. Karl Malone to 2006

12. Elgin Baylor to Bulls

13. Bill Russell to 2006

14. Hakeem Olajuwon to Bulls

15. Dwyane Wade to 2006

16. Scottie Pippen to Bulls

17. Steph Curry to 2006

18. Dirk Nowitzki to Bulls

19. Kevin Durant to 2006

20. Jerry West to Bulls

21. Isiah Thomas(Pistons Isiah)to 2006, I now have 1 pick left

22. DR J to Bulls

23. 2006 up next to Draft

-As of now my Starters would be:

PG Magic Johnson

SG Kobe Bryant

SF LeBron James

PF Karl Malone

C Shaq O'Neal, he has Wilt so I am starting Shaq

2nd 5 would be:

PG Steph Curry

SG Dwyane Wade

SF Kevin Durant

PF Bill Russell, put him in as a PF, he was only 6'10

C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

11th man - Pistons Isiah Thomas for an extra PG

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Heat wouldn't of won it all in 2013 without Ray Allen so he was huge against the Spurs nailing 3's left and right, Allen also had a couple of huge games vs the Pacers in the Conference Finals. Allen is the all-time leader in made 3's. Korver is a deadly shooter as well, the 3 is a huge part of the game today. Korver was an All-Star in Atlanta.

Both are good players neither are superstars Allen was at one time his time in Miami was not when he was a superstar he was old and a great role player same with Korver he can't do anything besides shoot 3's no way he could be considered a superstar 

Boston wins.....I wrote them off when they were down 0-2 to the Bulls..

Hard loss for the Wiz..//other teams are coming...they may not be I the top-3 next year

...and the top two seeds in each conference meet in the conference  finals

Edited by oldunclemark

I was really hoping Washington would pull it out.  I can't believe Wall finished the game 0-11 and Olynk scored 26 points!  The Celtics may get 1 against the Cavs but I think it'll be a clean sweep.  I don't think the Celtics role players will play as well, I don't think IT will get all of the calls and I don't think they'll shoot lights out from 3.

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I was really hoping Washington would pull it out.  I can't believe Wall finished the game 0-11 and Olynk scored 26 points!  The Celtics may get 1 against the Cavs but I think it'll be a clean sweep.  I don't think the Celtics role players will play as well, I don't think IT will get all of the calls and I don't think they'll shoot lights out from 3.

Only chances they have in the series, is win Game 1 to pressure on Cleveland, have a series where they are hitting over 40% from 3, and they have to guard the 3 point line well throughout the series. Otherwise this will either be a sweep or in 5 for the Cavs. I would let LeBron have his 30-35. He is going to score a lot anyway.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only chances they have in the series, is win Game 1 to pressure on Cleveland, have a series where they are hitting over 40% from 3, and they have to guard the 3 point line well throughout the series. Otherwise this will either be a sweep or in 5 for the Cavs. I would let LeBron have his 30-35. He is going to score a lot anyway.

Here's my honest opinion, I think game 1 will be close(if the Celtics are going to win 1 it'll be this one) but I think Cleveland wins by 5 or 6 then blows the Celtics out in game 2. I hope I am wrong and I hope the Celtics sweep the Cavs but that's not realistic lol

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Here's my honest opinion, I think game 1 will be close(if the Celtics are going to win 1 it'll be this one) but I think Cleveland wins by 5 or 6 then blows the Celtics out in game 2. I hope I am wrong and I hope the Celtics sweep the Cavs but that's not realistic lol

Yeah this is really a bad matchup for the Celtics. They have to be hitting 3's at a high rate to even have a chance. Thomas has to outplay Irving as well.