Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Now....what about Leonard.........Spurs up 3-2 but they wont be if he cant play

It looked like a tweak, didn't look that bad. Guys on TNT were saying he wanted to stay in but POP wouldn't let him. I guess we will find out tomorrow. POP figured, what the hell I have the great Danny Green who needs Leonard :sarcasm:

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think he is a ways off as well but what do I know, I am just a silly hater lmao. Magic Johnson had over 10,000 Assists in just 12 and a half seasons of play basically. 10,000 Assists is basically accounting for 20,000 Points for other players and he won 5 Championships in the toughest era in Basketball.

You're right, Magic's another guy who has MJ beat in the Assist/Rebound category.  Magic only played 12 years or so too. 

Man Houston literally lives and dies by the 3.  I can't believe San Antonio couldn't exploit their small line up more on the offensive end of the floor.  Aldridge and Gasol should be able to back down Harden or Ariza every time. They have 6+ inches on each of them.  Hopefully Leonard's ok.  He said he's bound and determined to play in game 6.  Manu and Danny Green played excellent down the stretch for the Spurs.  The Rockets didn't prepare for those two lol.  I think Houston wins game 6 but if Leonard's able to be himself the Spurs are going to have a chance to close it out.  I think it's going 7.  I hope the Wizards Celtics series continues to be entertaining too.  I hope the Wizards can pull it out. 

21 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Houston Blew it man.. that was terrible. Game six is going to Houston there will be a game 7. I'm sorry Aldridge is big for no reason.. anyone else agree? He backs down and flings the ugliest shots. I will give these teams 1 game in the Next Series. Warriors in 5

Your right on about Aldridge.  He's not the same player as he was in Portland. Portland would probably be a top 2 or 3 team with him right now honestly lol.  I don't get how he can't seal Harden or Ariza lower or back them down.  He's got 5-6 inches on them, he should score every time.  I think the Warriors sweep the next series or with in 5. 

57 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Celtics just shellacked the Wizards last night. I think that ends in Game 6. On the West side, Spurs win tonight to close it out. I agree with you though Chris. Warriors will lose a game at the most in the conference finals. No way they lose twice

Yes they did, I can't see them shooting 60% again though.  The Wizards destroyed them both times back in D.C.  I think it'll be a good game but I think the Wizards will pull it off.  I think it goes 7. 

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yes they did, I can't see them shooting 60% again though.  The Wizards destroyed them both times back in D.C.  I think it'll be a good game but I think the Wizards will pull it off.  I think it goes 7. 

I think Game 6 will come down to coaching. Boston has a clear advantage in that department

46 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I think Game 6 will come down to coaching. Boston has a clear advantage in that department

They do have an advantage in that department but the Wizards have dominated them at home.  I want to see it go 7.  I also think the Wizards can give the Cavs more problems.  The Cavs are a horrible match up for the Celtics, I honestly think the Cavs would win in 4 or 5 for 3 reasons, Isaiah Thomas wouldn't get the calls he usually does, the Celtics wouldn't shoot lights out from 3 and the Cavs have to much size.  I guess we'll see tomorrow!

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

They do have an advantage in that department but the Wizards have dominated them at home.  I want to see it go 7.  I also think the Wizards can give the Cavs more problems.  The Cavs are a horrible match up for the Celtics, I honestly think the Cavs would win in 4 or 5 for 3 reasons, Isaiah Thomas wouldn't get the calls he usually does, the Celtics wouldn't shoot lights out from 3 and the Cavs have to much size.  I guess we'll see tomorrow!

I'm just not a believer in the Wizards. They did obliterate Boston twice at home. Those were impressive. But I've just been thinking that the Celtics are gonna come up big. Now whether or not they could beat the Cavs, that's a much steeper hurdle

55 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm just not a believer in the Wizards. They did obliterate Boston twice at home. Those were impressive. But I've just been thinking that the Celtics are gonna come up big. Now whether or not they could beat the Cavs, that's a much steeper hurdle

The Wizards have disappointed me. That was a team that I thought could be the one team to challenge the Cavs in the East before the Playoffs started. They play horribly on the road and cant guard the 3 which I am finding out this series. I thought they would beat Boston in 6.

51 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

You might be right.  I think the NBA is about matchups.  The Cavs are not a good matchup for the Celtics. The Wizards scored the most points per game in the East this year that's one of many reasons why I believe they could give the Cavs problems because of their defensive problems this year.  The Celtics are a bad matchup for the Wizards so it kind of goes both ways. 

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Wizards have disappointed me. That was a team that I thought could be the one team to challenge the Cavs in the East before the Playoffs started. They play horribly on the road and cant guard the 3 which I am finding out this series. I thought they would beat Boston in 6.

This Wizards team did start 2-8 so maybe that's the team they were all along. Maybe they overachieved all year

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

This Wizards team did start 2-8 so maybe that's the team they were all along. Maybe they overachieved all year

Could be? I guess when they wiped out the Cavs in Cleveland late in the season with LeBron playing I put more stock in that than I should've. They looked so much more athletic than the Cavs in that game and were rolling too.

POP holding Leonard out for Game 6. Huge gamble putting all your marbles into a Game 7. Just because Game 7 will be played in SanAntonio doesn't mean they will win. Here lately some teams have been winning Game 7 on the road like Cavs over Warriors, Jazz over Clippers. In a 1 game situation the Rockets may go ballistic from 3 like in Game 1.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Could be? I guess when they wiped out the Cavs in Cleveland late in the season with LeBron playing I put more stock in that than I should've. They looked so much more athletic than the Cavs in that game and were rolling too.

That's when the Cavs were struggling. Everyone was beating the Cavs at that time

24 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

That's when the Cavs were struggling. Everyone was beating the Cavs at that time

I get all of that, Regular Season is different. I am just saying the Wizards are more athletic from top to bottom than the Cavs so I figured if any one team could challenge them in the East it would be the Wizards.

71-43 Spurs! Rockets are proven to be what we thought = Regular Season scary but Coach MDA as usual and Harden as usual fail in the Playoffs. No way they should've lost this game with Leonard being out. Great job by the Spurs tonight and POP. They might be able to get a couple of games from the Warriors? Who knows?

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

71-43 Spurs! Rockets are proven to be what we thought = Regular Season scary but Coach MDA as usual and Harden as usual fail in the Playoffs. No way they should've lost this game with Leonard being out. Great job by the Spurs tonight and POP. They might be able to get a couple of games from the Warriors? Who knows?

very strange playoffs..Washington didn't have much last night In Boston...

.....83-58 now...Houston looks dazed and confused

13 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

This is a massacre. Spurs have always done this without their star players. Poppovich always has his team ready to play against the odds. It's to be respected

True but they have bench warmers out there and Houston isn't competing..

I dont get it....no runs...no late surge...nothing...

I thought losing a 25-point halftime lead was bad.

Spurs are not playing all that well..Houston just isn't in the building

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pretty embarrassing that Houston is being beaten this badly and the Spurs best player isn't even playing.

Harden looks like doo doo, dude is so overrated it isn't even funny. He led the league in Turnovers as well, led it in flops too. I really hope the league does the right thing and gives Westbrook the League MVP. I am Just basing things on the Regular Season but tonight once again shows Harden is fools gold. If you put Westbrook on Houston I think they beat the Spurs. I had the Spurs winning this in 7 - posted here before the series just because I had no faith in Harden or MDA.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@BullsColtsFan1, if you want to do an all-time Draft let me know. I will give you the first pick as long as I get picks 2 and 3, then we just take turns picking our Roster of 12. Once we get our 12 we can compare them and break them down.

Lets do it!

With the first pick I take the White Mamba Brian Scalabrine haha.  I'll take his airness first!  1st Pick- Michael Jordan

Houston got destroyed!  Houston needs another superstar player along side Harden to compete with the big guns.  Tons of good shooters and role players but he needs more.  Aldridge finally came around last night.  Hopefully that carries over to the Warriors series, if so the Spurs have a small shot at giving the Warriors problems.

4 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Houston got destroyed!  Houston needs another superstar player along side Harden to compete with the big guns.  Tons of good shooters and role players but he needs more.  Aldridge finally came around last night.  Hopefully that carries over to the Warriors series, if so the Spurs have a small shot at giving the Warriors problems.

Warriors will beat the Spurs in 6 IMO.