Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I picked them to win it all even over LeBron. They are that great. Jazz have played them well in all 3 games though. It sucks Hill is injured.

Anyone with a brain would pick them to win. This team is that good. Jazz are solid but never had a chance against the Warriors

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Anyone with a brain would pick them to win. This team is that good. Jazz are solid but never had a chance against the Warriors

Nice bandwagon jump there...I note this post don't come when Utah was up 8 30 minutes ago

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I picked them to win it all even over LeBron. They are that great. Jazz have played them well in all 3 games though. It sucks Hill is injured.

That hurts them......yo have to play so well defensively to beat GSW

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I think with Hill tonight, Jazz may have won but we will never know. Warriors weren't going to lose the series by no means anyway. You say anyone with a brain would pick the Warriors to win but many think LeBron walks on water and pick the Cavs actually. Many Spurs fans actually believe they can beat the Warriors too.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think with Hill tonight, Jazz may have won but we will never know. Warriors weren't going to lose the series by no means anyway. You say anyone with a brain would pick the Warriors to win but many think LeBron walks on water and pick the Cavs actually. Many Spurs fans actually believe they can beat the Warriors too.

I do

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Nice bandwagon jump there...I note this post don't come when Utah was up 8 30 minutes ago

Not a bandwagon jump at all. I said the Jazz would win a game at the most. You can go back to my post about this series. I guarantee you that's what it will say. And even though the Warriors were down eight points earlier, they were gonna come back. They usually do

That's the reason the Warriors signed Durrant. Last nights example... The "trash brothers" were in town yesterday. I love them. But they can have some bad nights where nothing goes down, it happens. Shots just weren't falling! And their whole offense changed to the Cavs offense.. Iso KD and let him score whenever he wanted. Great game by the Jazz last night, but this team is just too good

43 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

That's the reason the Warriors signed Durrant. Last nights example... The "trash brothers" were in town yesterday. I love them. But they can have some bad nights where nothing goes down, it happens. Shots just weren't falling! And their whole offense changed to the Cavs offense.. Iso KD and let him score whenever he wanted. Great game by the Jazz last night, but this team is just too good

Yeah it's huge having him, makes a huge difference because he can create his own shot. So when Curry and Thompson are both off, they have him now to fall back on. Last season, the Warriors would've lost this Playoff game IMO. The Cavs basically have a 3 headed monster in LeBron/Irving/Love, Warriors have a 4 headed monster in Curry/Thompson/Green/and now Durant. If those 2 do end up playing as long as guys like Korver and Smith don't kill the Warriors from the 3 point line, Warriors should win. LeBron always plays Durant well but Durant will still get points to take the pressure off of Curry just enough. The Warriors bench is better than what people think too, David West (although old) is always solid if needed for a game or 2 in every series if it is needed. Having a VET like that is huge. Iguodala is Very Good coming off the bench as well.

34 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

KD is really good. I've been on record saying I'd take Kawhi before KD but that's not to say that KD isn't great. He's a great basketball player. And he had it going last night. Splash Brothers can have off nights and last night was indeed one of them. However, Steph still makes that team go. Warriors wouldn't be what they are without him

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

KD is really good. I've been on record saying I'd take Kawhi before KD but that's not to say that KD isn't great. He's a great basketball player. And he had it going last night. Splash Brothers can have off nights and last night was indeed one of them. However, Steph still makes that team go. Warriors wouldn't be what they are without him

If KD can get this Ring and be either the main reason why or at least a huge contributor in doing so that proves to me he is officially bigtime at the biggest moment. I still honestly would only take LeBron over him with todays players. I like KD slightly better than Curry and Westbrook and I do think he's better than Kawhi talent wise anyway. KD gets a bad rap from some in the media because he hasn't won a Championship but to his defense he is never played on a team better that what LeBron has had since 2012. He finally is playing on a stacked team. For years it was just he and Westbrook basically carrying that team. They had Harden in 2012 but Harden wasn't great yet, he was good on that team but hadn't developed into a Star.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am honestly done talking about all-time greats on this Thread as all it does is cause ridiculous unnecessary heated arguments if you disagree with someone. Then you get called a hater because you don't agree with someone's opinion eventhough you present solid facts to defend your case. Yes LeBron is in the convo with the GOAT's, I never have ever said he wasn't. I have in my Top 10 which I have Posted a thousand times. Do I think he is the GOAT, no I don't but that is my opinion, should my opinion be crapped on by being called an hater, no it shouldn't. He is the convo with Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Bird, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, and Duncan no doubt. It just gets tiring to hear Mike and Mike, Stephen A Smith and Max, - I just named 4 guys by name on ESPN, that say daily LeBron is #2 without a doubt only behind Jordan and is challenging Jordan for the GOAT. So basically all the other names I named just get crapped on by those 4 guys! I didn't even mention Oscar Robertson either. Brian Windhorst - another name, says LeBron is the GOAT. So I just named 5 huge ESPN names BY NAME. I am done with this discussion for real now. I have gave my opinions on it over the last year and have presented facts like Stats and Championships to why several players are better than LeBron all-time. Cant say no more on the subject.

-This Post wasn't directed at you Chad, just basically to everyone on the Forum. Also I hated Michael Jordan much more than I do LeBron so a dislike of someone has nothing to do with how great I think they are. If you people want to see real LeBron haters, go to ESPN.com and read the Game Threads. I have nothing on those dudes.

I know, man. I never felt you were a hater. It is a very valid case that folks who have watched both MJ and Lebron can make that Lebron does not have enough game winning shots in the final 5 seconds like MJ does. Even with the Heat, Ray Allen or Wade made more when it counted, it felt like that to the eye test.

However, Lebron's impact is more like a Magic Johnson impact, with rebounds, blocked shots and is more than shooting. However, the clutch aspect focuses only on the shooting part. For him to be close to surpassing MJ's point production in the playoffs with him playing more of a Magic role constantly for all his teams is more than remarkable.

If you look for stat based articles, there are those that are on both sides of the spectrum (as you know, you can always cherry pick stats that suit your argument): 

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

Then, there is this article too:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/11/8584749/lebron-james-michael-jordan-game-winning-shots

That is just my take on it. :) 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If KD can get this Ring and be either the main reason why or at least a huge contributor in doing so that proves to me he is officially bigtime at the biggest moment. I still honestly would only take LeBron over him with todays players. I like KD slightly better than Curry and Westbrook and I do think he's better than Kawhi talent wise anyway. KD gets a bad rap from some in the media because he hasn't won a Championship but to his defense he is never played on a team better that what LeBron has had since 2012. He finally is playing on a stacked team. For years it was just he and Westbrook basically carrying that team. They had Harden in 2012 but Harden wasn't great yet, he was good on that team but hadn't developed into a Star.

KD gets a bad rap because he hasn't shown up in the big moments to this point. We'll see if that changes this season. His kryptonite is LeBron but he'll also be surrounded by Steph, Klay and Draymond. That should help him shake the nerves in those big games. Still, the Warriors are not what they are without Steph Curry. There's no debating that

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I know, man. I never felt you were a hater. It is a very valid case that folks who have watched both MJ and Lebron can make that Lebron does not have enough game winning shots in the final 5 seconds like MJ does. Even with the Heat, Ray Allen or Wade made more when it counted, it felt like that to the eye test.

However, Lebron's impact is more like a Magic Johnson impact, with rebounds, blocked shots and is more than shooting. However, the clutch aspect focuses only on the shooting part. For him to be close to surpassing MJ's point production in the playoffs with him playing more of a Magic role constantly for all his teams is more than remarkable.

If you look for stat based articles, there are those that are on both sides of the spectrum: 

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

Then, there is this article too:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/11/8584749/lebron-james-michael-jordan-game-winning-shots

That is just my take on it. :) 

Yeah great stuff, I may come off looking like a hater with some of my Posts but I am really not. I admit I am not a LeBron fan but there have been many other players and teams I have actually truly hated like Jordan, the Knicks of the 90's, etc.. Jordan prevented Reggie from getting a Ring which still eats at me but he was a great player. I Post about LeBron a lot because everyday the media talks about him 24/7 about either being the GOAT or 2nd best and his fanbase is relentlessly annoying.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah great stuff, I may come off looking like a hater with some of my Posts but I am really not. I admit I am not a LeBron fan but there have been many other players and teams I have actually truly hated like Jordan, the Knicks of the 90's, etc.. Jordan prevented Reggie from getting a Ring which still eats at me but he was a great player. I Post about LeBron a lot because everyday the media talks about him 24/7 about either being the GOAT or 2nd best and his fanbase is relentlessly annoying.

Oh god all the media talk about him is nauseating. I'd rather go deaf than hear the media slobber all over LeBron. And to actually hear him talk as well. I can't stand the guy. Such pointless stories always written about him, including his beliefs, politics, religion and all that other stupid crap. There's only one thing I care about when it comes to a sports athlete and that's how you play on the court, field or ice. I could give a * about anything else

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

KD gets a bad rap because he hasn't shown up in the big moments to this point. We'll see if that changes this season. His kryptonite is LeBron but he'll also be surrounded by Steph, Klay and Draymond. That should help him shake the nerves in those big games. Still, the Warriors are not what they are without Steph Curry. There's no debating that

Curry is the face of the franchise so I don't think anyone would argue with you there. They don't win at all without him obviously.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Oh god all the media talk about him is nauseating. I'd rather go deaf than hear the media slobber all over LeBron. And to actually hear him talk as well. I can't stand the guy. Such pointless stories always written about him, including his beliefs, politics, religion and all that other stupid crap. There's only one thing I care about when it comes to a sports athlete and that's how you play on the court, field or ice. I could give a * about anything else

I am still out of LIKES but I agree 100%. It's almost to the point where I have quit watching ESPN because of it, I'll watch a little Mike and Mike at times and First Take at times if nothing else is on but I usually only tune in to ESPN when games are on anymore.