Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

I thought my dad was bad at times but this is over the top. Honestly though if you ask anyone I know my true love is actually Kobe Bryant and not Lebron James. Lebron is kinda my Kobe replacement since I need muh GOAT material to follow.

See ya guys here for a while.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You and Bogie both constantly call him the GOAT on your Profile pages when you talk about him, go back and look at the archives. Tons of Posters that are Cavs fans do the same thing on ESPN. Everyone on ESPN has him 2nd behind Jordan at worse, I mean everyone and they always say can he catch Jordan for the GOAT? How is he even 2nd? What makes him better than Magic or Kareem or Kobe? What has he done those guys haven't done.

This is beyond ridiculous....

For one, we don't call him the GOAT. We call him one of them. It's subjective, something you don't seem to understand at all....Like I said, you literally are the biggest LeBron hater I have ever seen. I never even seen you mention Kareem before until I did. Before it was just MJ. I noticed a while back, you never mention any of these guys; Magic, Kareem, MJ, whatever unless you are bashing LeBron. 

In terms of modern NBA, yes, I believe LeBron is hands down, the greatest player of this generation and the greatest player we've seen in the modern era after the changes of zone defense. There you go, if you want me on record calling him one of the greatest to ever play the game. 

For two, This post is a great example of exactly what I am talking about...You hate LeBron, we get it. You have to bold this out, to make it known "look, these people think he's the GOAT and it bothers me so bad, cause they don't agree with me."...

Who cares if we like LeBron? Who cares if ESPN ranks him behind MJ? Christ, that's not enough for you. You want them to hate LeBron just like you do. 

As I told you, you need to start naming names in "the media" that put LeBron as the GOAT, cause just saying "the media" as a scapegoat ain't gonna cut it. ESPN loves MJ. I mentioned several people who worked and previously worked for ESPN to you. I don't just say "the media"...Steven A Smith, is the one who flat out tells people, quote for quote "it's blasphemous" when someone gives praise to LeBron. He loves that word "blasphemous" and goes off on tirades about how MJ is the greatest thing ever. Maybe you should try watching ESPN, you'd find that you would agree with the talking heads, since they go in circles criticizing LeBron and propping up MJ up. 

Any time someone gives LeBron praise, I wait for you to go "yeah, but he'll never be as good as X, Y, and Z, and i'm going to give you a lecture on why." 

Your X, Y, Z is usually always the same - MJ, Magic, and Kareem. You know, guys from a different era....an era before there was zone defense. 

Your hero MJ even protested the rule change of zone defense, citing that he would not have had the career he had if he had to play in zones. Many superstar players hate zone defense; Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett hated it, protesting it for years. Even Dwayne Wade in the past decade has said before how much he despises it. 

And these 3 guys who also played on historically great teams, much greater than any of the teams LeBron has ever been on. LeBron was on only one historically great team - the 2011-2013 Miami Heat. Magic Johnson won the Finals his rookie year with a loaded Lakers team. Magic also went 0-4 in the Finals without a healthy Kareem, and MJ's playoff record without Pippen speaks for itself. MJ couldn't get out of the first round for years until he got help with Pippen and others (and a rule change. The extended foul penalty that began in 1991 took the Bad Boy Pistons out of the equation. Before that rule change, MJ got owned by the Pistons.) 

LeBron is the bad guy to you, but none of these guys for playing with other superstars. I get it. You still prop Durant up as a hero, even though him going to Golden State is much worse than what LeBron did. That would've been like LeBron literally going to L.A. or Boston at the end of 2010. The Heat team he went to had practically no depth and was in rebuild mode. 

The NBA is a different animal from what it used to be. But I've told you that a dozen times before, I even showed you a video some time last summer demonstrating the changes of zone defense of modern day vs the old rules. You still went on about how bad LeBron is. 

I get it. You hate LeBron. You're hands down, the biggest LeBron hater I have probably ever encountered on a discussion board. Congrats. 

9 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

This is beyond ridiculous....

For one, we don't call him the GOAT. We call him one of them. It's subjective, something you don't seem to understand at all....Like I said, you literally are the biggest LeBron hater I have ever seen. I never even seen you mention Kareem before until I did. Before it was just MJ. I noticed a while back, you never mention any of these guys; Magic, Kareem, MJ, whatever unless you are bashing LeBron. 

In terms of modern NBA, yes, I believe LeBron is hands down, the greatest player of this generation and the greatest player we've seen in the modern era after the changes of zone defense. There you go, if you want me on record calling him one of the greatest to ever play the game. 

For two, This post is a great example of exactly what I am talking about...You hate LeBron, we get it. You have to bold this out, to make it known "look, these people think he's the GOAT and it bothers me so bad, cause they don't agree with me."...

Who cares if we like LeBron? Who cares if ESPN ranks him behind MJ? Christ, that's not enough for you. You want them to hate LeBron just like you do. 

As I told you, you need to start naming names in "the media" that put LeBron as the GOAT, cause just saying "the media" as a scapegoat ain't gonna cut it. ESPN loves MJ. I mentioned several people who worked and previously worked for ESPN to you. I don't just say "the media"...Steven A Smith, is the one who flat out tells people, quote for quote "it's blasphemous" when someone gives praise to LeBron. He loves that word "blasphemous" and goes off on tirades about how MJ is the greatest thing ever. Maybe you should try watching ESPN, you'd find that you would agree with the talking heads, since they go in circles criticizing LeBron and propping up MJ up. 

Any time someone gives LeBron praise, I wait for you to go "yeah, but he'll never be as good as X, Y, and Z, and i'm going to give you a lecture on why." 

Your X, Y, Z is usually always the same - MJ, Magic, and Kareem. You know, guys from a different era....an era before there was zone defense. 

Your hero MJ even protested the rule change of zone defense, citing that he would not have had the career he had if he had to play in zones. Many superstar players hate zone defense; Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett hated it, protesting it for years. Even Dwayne Wade in the past decade has said before how much he despises it. 

And these 3 guys who also played on historically great teams, much greater than any of the teams LeBron has ever been on. LeBron was on only one historically great team - the 2011-2013 Miami Heat. Magic Johnson won the Finals his rookie year with a loaded Lakers team. Magic also went 0-4 in the Finals without a healthy Kareem, and MJ's playoff record without Pippen speaks for itself. MJ couldn't get out of the first round for years until he got help with Pippen and others (and a rule change. The extended foul penalty that began in 1991 took the Bad Boy Pistons out of the equation. Before that rule change, MJ got owned by the Pistons.) 

LeBron is the bad guy to you, but none of these guys for playing with other superstars. I get it. You still prop Durant up as a hero, even though him going to Golden State is much worse than what LeBron did. That would've been like LeBron literally going to L.A. or Boston at the end of 2010. The Heat team he went to had practically no depth and was in rebuild mode. 

The NBA is a different animal from what it used to be. But I've told you that a dozen times before, I even showed you a video some time last summer demonstrating the changes of zone defense of modern day vs the old rules. You still went on about how bad LeBron is. 

I get it. You hate LeBron. You're hands down, the biggest LeBron hater I have probably ever encountered on a discussion board. Congrats. 

I am absolutely done with this discussion, OK. I am going to take the high road here because I agree this beyond ridiculous and I am done chatting with you guys. Trust me I am far from the worst LeBron hater but believe what you want too.

49 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Pacers played the Cavs better than Toronto has. Easy road for the Cavs again this year.

Cavs will roll through the East as usual, LeBron is the best player in the league. They could very well win it all which if they do I wont have a problem with it at all despite what some may think. I am not a Warriors, Spurs, or Rockets fan. If it comes down to the Cavs vs Warriors that should be a classic. I hope both teams are healthy so we can see how it plays out fairly. Kyle Korver is an incredible 3 point shooter, he doesn't even look at the basket and makes it lmao.

Cavs take a commanding 3-0 series. 

lmao And the LeBron haters really thought Toronto could take them to 7 games. lmaolmao

There was no chance Toronto had a real prayer in this series. They play like they're traumatized. From game 1, as soon as those dunks started happening, they looked scared. They looked even more afraid in game 2. Tonight they looked OK until getting worn down mentally. 

For the LeBron haters, here you go....

He's not scared of Ibaka whom was hyped up as a "LeBron stopper" when Toronto picked him up months back.

l9lYNbP.gif

MVP right here

pOlEDy8.0.gif

LeBron still averaging 30+ points a game in the playoffs with 35, 39 and 35 again tonight vs Toronto. 

Keep hatin, haters....

Related image

Old Uncle Mark picked Toronto to win the series lmao so I must get the Silver Medal on being a LeBron Hater since I picked the Cavs in 7 in this series. I did say the Cavs would not only win this series but would win the East actually beating the Wizards in 7. Yeah I am the biggest LeBron hater of all-time, eventhough I say he is Top 10 ever and best player today and picked them to win the East. I am thinking about changing my name to The Biggest LeBron Hater because someone is butt hurt that I don't think he is the GOAT. :billiejean:Lets just get the Finals started so the Warriors can put this crap to sleep :lol:.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Old Uncle Mark picked Toronto to win the series lmao so I must get the Silver Medal on being a LeBron Hater since I picked the Cavs in 7 in this series. I did say the Cavs would not only win this series but would win the East actually beating the Wizards in 7. Yeah I am the biggest LeBron hater of all-time, eventhough I say he is Top 10 ever and best player today and picked them to win the East. I am thinking about changing my name to The Biggest LeBron Hater because someone is butt hurt that I don't think he is the GOAT. :billiejean:Lets just get the Finals started so the Warriors can put this crap to sleep :lol:.

I just admit.

Toronto is getting wiped out just like we did...

I like LeBron.....and Kevin Love ios one of my favorites.

But, as I guess I said..Toronto built this aprticular team to face The Cavs.

...Getting a LeBron stopper" and adding Ibaka...

..and they are getting wasted. I could not have ben more wrong.

I cant see Washington or Boston stopping the Cavs..They're too busy beating each other up.

(One game suspenson for Kelly Oubre)..

Cavs looking 'so bad defensively' during the regular season just didn't matter

14 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Cavs take a commanding 3-0 series. 

lmao And the LeBron haters really thought Toronto could take them to 7 games. lmaolmao

There was no chance Toronto had a real prayer in this series. They play like they're traumatized. From game 1, as soon as those dunks started happening, they looked scared. They looked even more afraid in game 2. Tonight they looked OK until getting worn down mentally. 

For the LeBron haters, here you go....

He's not scared of Ibaka whom was hyped up as a "LeBron stopper" when Toronto picked him up months back.

l9lYNbP.gif

MVP right here

pOlEDy8.0.gif

LeBron still averaging 30+ points a game in the playoffs with 35, 39 and 35 again tonight vs Toronto. 

Keep hatin, haters....

Related image

when he starts making left-handed jump shots...Toronto can plan tee times for Monday

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

when he starts making left-handed jump shots...Toronto can plan tee times for Monday

I was thinking, this guy never stops improving, when he hit that left handed shot, ala Tayshaun Prince. That is why Lebron will definitely be one of the all-time greats. 

Here's exactly what I had before I the Playoffs started so there is no confusion or twisting things:

East

Cavs over Pacers 4-2, was wrong on the games, it was a sweep, right on the winner

Celtics over Bulls 4-2, nailed it 100%

Wizards over Hawks 4-2, nailed it 100%

Raptors over Bucks 4-0, was wrong on the games, it went 6, right on the winner

Round 2

Cavs over Raptors 4-3, will get the winner right

Wizards over Celtics 4-2, this is looking shaky!

ECFinals

Cavs over Wizards 4-3, Wiz may not even be here??

Cavs = Eastern Conference Champions (LeBron is the best player in the League - yeah what a hater I am).

West

Warriors over Blazers 4-0, nailed it 100%

Spurs over Grizzlies 4-2, nailed it 100%

Rockets over Thunder 4-3, was wrong on the games, it went 5, right on the winner

Clippers over Jazz 4-3, only series I got wrong/Jazz won in 7

Round 2

Warriors over Clippers 4-1, Warriors are playing the Jazz

Spurs over Rockets 4-3, I am on way of getting this right!

WCFinals

Warriors over Spurs 4-2

Warriors = Western Conference Champions. The combo's of Curry, Durant, Thompson,

and Green just too much for everyone.

NBA Finals

Warriors over Cavs 4-2, Cavs will split the 1st 2 games IMO and I even think the series will be 2-2 but I have the Warriors wearing the Cavs out and winning games 5 and 6 with their 4 headed monster. Finals MVP will be Curry, he is due to win one of those, he hasn't won one yet.

39 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I was thinking, this guy never stops improving, when he hit that left handed shot, ala Tayshaun Prince. That is why Lebron will definitely be one of the all-time greats. 

I am honestly done talking about all-time greats on this Thread as all it does is cause ridiculous unnecessary heated arguments if you disagree with someone. Then you get called a hater because you don't agree with someone's opinion eventhough you present solid facts to defend your case. Yes LeBron is in the convo with the GOAT's, I never have ever said he wasn't. I have in my Top 10 which I have Posted a thousand times. Do I think he is the GOAT, no I don't but that is my opinion, should my opinion be crapped on by being called an hater, no it shouldn't. He is the convo with Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Bird, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, and Duncan no doubt. It just gets tiring to hear Mike and Mike, Stephen A Smith and Max, - I just named 4 guys by name on ESPN, that say daily LeBron is #2 without a doubt only behind Jordan and is challenging Jordan for the GOAT. So basically all the other names I named just get crapped on by those 4 guys! I didn't even mention Oscar Robertson either. Brian Windhorst - another name, says LeBron is the GOAT. So I just named 5 huge ESPN names BY NAME. I am done with this discussion for real now. I have gave my opinions on it over the last year and have presented facts like Stats and Championships to why several players are better than LeBron all-time. Cant say no more on the subject.

-This Post wasn't directed at you Chad, just basically to everyone on the Forum. Also I hated Michael Jordan much more than I do LeBron so a dislike of someone has nothing to do with how great I think they are. If you people want to see real LeBron haters, go to ESPN.com and read the Game Threads. I have nothing on those dudes.

Been away for a bit lol. But yeah Cavs gonna sweep tomorrow. They learned from last year to not let up at all. Spurs will still get past the Rockets but they won't beat the Warriors without Tony Parker. They wouldn't have beaten the Warriors with Tony Parker so I guess it doesn't really matter. Celtics are gonna win in 6 games. Oubre getting suspended was the correct decision by the NBA. And the Warriors will lose one game at the most to the Jazz. That could be a sweep too

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I just admit.

Toronto is getting wiped out just like we did...

I like LeBron.....and Kevin Love is one of my favorites.

But, as I guess I said..Toronto built this particular team to face The Cavs.

...Getting a LeBron stopper" and adding Ibaka...

..and they are getting wasted. I could not have been more wrong.

I cant see Washington or Boston stopping the Cavs..They're too busy beating each other up.

(One game suspenson for Kelly Oubre)..

Cavs looking 'so bad defensively' during the regular season just didn't matter

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

a new owner would certainly do what he had to do to keep Paul George but

(and its a big but) a sale of the team could mean a move of the team..

...at Mr. Simons age...its possible....and its something to worry about

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

35 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

a new owner would certainly do what he had to do to keep Paul George but

(and its a big but) a sale of the team could mean a move of the team..

...at Mr. Simons age...its possible....and its something to worry about

Agreed. Would hate to see the Pacers move

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Agreed. Would hate to see the Pacers move

I dont think its likely but I don't know....we're a relatively small market..

..obviously...Seattle used to have team....Buffalo used to have a team...Kansas City used to have a team

.......the Pittsburgh Pacers seems funny.....but I'm not laughing..

..somebody call Mr. Irsay

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Do you really think it's possible that they could move? That would be surreal to say the least. I would have to become a Bulls fan

I'd give it a low chance of happening, but if Simon sells it, I guess its possible.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I'd give it a low chance of happening, but if Simon sells it, I guess its possible.

I mean the Pacers have been in Indianapolis for 50 years now. That's actually a pretty long time for a small market team. I would think it's possible as well

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I mean the Pacers have been in Indianapolis for 50 years now. That's actually a pretty long time for a small market team. I would think it's possible as well

Baltimore/....New Orleans.......aren't they other towns that used to have a team?

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Well New Orleans still has a team. And I don't believe Baltimore has had a team

True..the New Orleans Jazz moved to Utah..

....and NOLA Got another team.

The Washington Wizards were originally the Baltimore Bullets..

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True..the New Orleans Jazz moved to Utah..

....and NOLA Got another team.

The Washington Wizards were originally the Baltimore Bullets..

I didn't know they were the Baltimore Bullets at one time. Too hard to keep track of teams switching cities haha

14 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The odds of them moving the pacers an extremely popular team out of the basketball state are very very very slim 

Mr. Simon would never move them.

But if the team is sold..anything can happen..Louisville, Kentucky used to have a team and they are in what they consider the 'basketball state'....

.....most teams that move are popular

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

It is a bit surprising that the NBA hasn't put a team in Kentucky. I know they had one but that was a long time ago. I bet they'll get another one some day.

A team in Louisville would sell out every game and be the arch rival for the Pacers (unless, of course, that team WAS the Pacers)

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Mr. Simon would never move them.

But if the team is sold..anything can happen..Lexington, Kentucky used to have a team and they are in what they consider the 'basketball state'....

.....most teams that move are popular

Whoever bought the team wouldn't move it's a stupid idea they have a great fan base and a great field house it's a non issue 

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Kentucky Colonels back in the day

Kentucky Colonels had Artis Gilmore and Maurice Lucas..and when they folded for the merger and Gilmore went to the Bulls..Lucas went to Portland.//

.....played in Louisville.........an NBA team now in Louisville would have a license to print money....it would be so popular.

I'd like to see Sacramento move to Louisville but a Pacers move there would bring a built in fan base within driving distance.

I'd hate it but its a concern.

when you think about it...St Louis has lost 2 very, very popular NFL teams

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Kentucky Colonels had Artis Gilmore and Maurice Lucas..and when they folded for the merger and Gilmore went to the Bulls..Lucas went to Portland.//

.....played in Louisville.........an NBA team now in Louisville would have a license to print money....it would be so popular

Both the Pacers and Colonels were in the ABA from 1967-1976. So I think it went like that there would be one team that transitioned to the NBA and one that wouldn't. That's the main reason why I think Kentucky doesn't have an NBA team. I bet a lot of those Kentuckians are Pacers fans