Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

8 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

We need to get the commissioner on the parity wagon like the NFL.  Other than Patriots and Browns.

I'm ready to see who we get in FA to make up for the loss of George , and to see who we get in draft.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/8/2017 at 4:43 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I hope Ball is great.. I hope he wins rookie of the year.. I hope he takes the Lakers to a championship.. I hope they go 16-0 in the playoffs sweeping the Cavs in the 2018 Finals... And I still won't buy his shoes for $500.00

HA!  Mike Brown laughed his butt off when asked if he would buy those shoes....the Ball Man is ridiculous!!  I think his son is grounded...his dad is not...

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

NBA already has rules against flopping. It was implemented in 2012-13 season.

It ticks me off that there is no longer a referee in America that can call the charge correctly.  College is horrible and NBA is pitiful. 

29 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

We need to get the commissioner on the parity wagon like the NFL.  Other than Patriots and Browns.

Problem with the NBA, they say they have a Salary Cap but they really don't if an owners willing to pay the luxury tax. Cavs are 34,000,000 million dollars over the Salary Cap. If they weren't allowed to go over at all they would be far from dominant even with James. They wouldn't be able to afford to Love or Korver. Warriors are over too but only 7 Million over, that team could actually still have the Big 4 but wouldn't have any bench at all which would still weaken them.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem with the NBA, they say they have a Salary Cap but they really don't if an owners willing to pay the luxury tax. Cavs are 34,000,000 million dollars over the Salary Cap. If they weren't allowed to go over at all they would be far from dominant even with James. They wouldn't be able to afford to Love or Korver. Warriors are over too but only 7 Million over, that team could actually still have the Big 4 but wouldn't have any bench at all which would still weaken them.

Agreed

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Problem with the NBA, they say they have a Salary Cap but they really don't if an owners willing to pay the luxury tax. Cavs are 34,000,000 million dollars over the Salary Cap. If they weren't allowed to go over at all they would be far from dominant even with James. They wouldn't be able to afford to Love or Korver. Warriors are over too but only 7 Million over, that team could actually still have the Big 4 but wouldn't have any bench at all which would weaken them.

I do like that they are basically doing a franchise tag on the Super MAX deals where can be paid more by the Pacers than anyone else.

Looking at some of the possibilities in return for PG are enticing to me.  I am not his biggest fan. 

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I do like that they are basically doing a franchise tag on the Super MAX deals where can be paid more by the Pacers than anyone else.

Looking at some of the possibilities in return for PG are enticing to me.  I am not his biggest fan. 

No not much of a leader

I hope we find a way to keep PG and somehow add another Good Free Agent to help him. Every team needs at least 1 Superstar to succeed in todays NBA and we have it, we just need to put the right guys around him. He has shown greatness at times by going to 2 ECFinals. If we trade him, I don't see us being a Playoff team. The Lakers want him but I am not a fan of Russell at all, I like Ingram and the possibility of having a Top 3 pick though.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with everything you said. I mean what is being a Top 5 player ever based on or being the GOAT based on, just asking? Is it Championships, is it Stats and MVP's and Finals MVP's? I think it's pretty much all 4. When I was growing up, Championships meant the most though when debating who was better than who only for the Alpha Dogs/not Role players. Back when I was in Highschool that is all Magic and Bird were judged on was Championships. Let me ask everyone this, if Peyton Manning was the one with 5 SB wins and Brady 2, would anyone be calling Brady the GOAT. Answer is a BIG FAT NO. Peyton has 5 League MVP's and he had the best statistical season of all-time in 2013 but yet Brady is the GOAT in most peoples eyes.

I totally agree!  To answer your question about Peyton and Brady, yes the Pats fan would still say Brady, even if he only had 1 ring but logically if Peyton had the 5 rings plus all of the other accomplishments many would consider him the best.  I consider Peyton the greatest regular season QB of all time.  2 superbowls were nice but I felt like he could have won more.  It's hard to put him in the same conversation as Brady as far as their legacies go but I'll take Peyton every day and twice on Sundays:thmup:

4 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

And we cannot wait until the 4th quarter for him to play during the season.  He was fantastic in the playoffs as we saw.

Yes leaders and superstars show up from the get go. I think he's lazy at times.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope we find a way to keep PG and somehow add another Good Free Agent to help him. Every team needs at least 1 Superstar to succeed in todays NBA and we have it, we just need to put the right guys around him. He has shown greatness at times by going to 2 ECFinals. If we trade him, I don't see us being a Playoff team. The Lakers want him but I am not a fan of Russell at all, I like Ingram and the possibility of having a Top 3 pick though.

I would like to as well.  I think he and Lance will be better next year together when Lance is actually in shape.

I have not seen much of Russell in the NBA.  He was hell on wheels at Ohio State.

Jeff Teague?

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes leaders and superstars show up from the get go. I think he's lazy at times.

We have seen that lazy a few too many times too.

I remember Alex English was considered lazy by some as was Billy Knight with his glide down the court.  Neither of these prolific scorers were lazy.

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

I would like to as well.  I think he and Lance will be better next year together when Lance is actually in shape.

I have not seen much of Russell in the NBA.  He was hell on wheels at Ohio State.

Jeff Teague?

Russell is very immature and inconsistent, I almost bet Magic trades him. I think Ingram is the best player they have or he will be in a couple of years out their young core.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

LeBron isn't as good of a pure scorer, but he's a much better overall player when you look at rebounds and assists per game.  I wouldn't say LeBron has that far to go.

My point regarding the playoffs is Jordan lost in the first round whereas LeBron never has.  If you want to make the claim that the playoffs is what matters most, then losing in the very first round should be seen as a bigger flaw.

If you compare how both guys did and what they accomplished at this age, LeBron actually leads Jordan in some categories.  Now, that's an argument that goes both ways.  More time in the league (for LeBron) means more stats.  But it also means that by the time they reach 32, LeBron will have more wear and tear on him from the rigours of the NBA, so you'd think he'd slow down more by now.

I still don't get how the first round matters.  So here's a question for you.  If Russell Westbrook wins 3 or 4 rings a few MVP's and surpasses LeBron in Rebounds, Assists and Triple Doubles, would be go down as a better player in the history of the game than LeBron?  He'd have more rebounds and assists?  I say no.  I don't think you can say LeBron's better all time just because he had more rebounds and assists.  Jordan beats him in literally every other category including blocks and steals.  Heck the Big O and Jason Kidd averaged more rebounds and assists per game than MJ.   I'll tell you this, if LeBron wins 2 more rings, 2 more Finals MVP's, another regular season MVP, a defensive player of the year award, a few scoring titles and it ends up being 1st or 2nd all time in Points, I'll admit he's most definitely in the conversation.  If he wins it all this year, he'll have a dang good resume going but I think the Warriors are too good, if there healthy there winning it this year. 

3 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Jeff Teague?

I like Teague

I remember Alex English was considered lazy by some as was Billy Knight with his glide down the court.  Neither of these prolific scorers were lazy.

I agree they didn't mope either

Roger Brown ?

7 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Roger Brown ?

When Roger's knees were good he was terrific all over the floor.  When his knees gave out he only had 2 more good years.

Now McGinnis was referred to as the Baby Bull because he got a little ticked when Slick told him to get his 'butt' in the game.  Big Mac turned it on big time in the playoffs.  Sounds familiar doesn't it?  :pokerface::)

When Roger's knees were good he was terrific all over the floor.  When his knees gave out he only had 2 more good years.

Now McGinnis was referred to as the Baby Bull because he got a little ticked when Slick told him to get his 'butt' in the game.  Big Mac turned it on big time in the playoffs.  Sound familiar doesn't it?  :pokerface::)

:groan: very

6 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I still don't get how the first round matters.  So here's a question for you.  If Russell Westbrook wins 3 or 4 rings a few MVP's and surpasses LeBron in Rebounds, Assists and Triple Doubles, would be go down as a better player in the history of the game than LeBron?  He'd have more rebounds and assists?  I say no.  I don't think you can say LeBron's better all time just because he had more rebounds and assists.  Jordan beats him in literally every other category including blocks and steals.  Heck the Big O and Jason Kidd averaged more rebounds and assists per game then MJ.   I'll tell you this, if LeBron wins 2 more rings, 2 more Finals MVP's, another regular season MVP, a defensive player of the year award, a few scoring titles and it ends up being 1st or 2nd all time in Points, I'll admit he's most definitely in the conversation.  If he wins it all this year, he'll have a dang good resume going but I think the Warriors are too good, if there healthy there winning it this year. 

Yeah I think he is a ways off as well but what do I know, I am just a silly hater lmao. Magic Johnson had over 10,000 Assists in just 12 and a half seasons of play basically. 10,000 Assists is basically accounting for 20,000 Points for other players and he won 5 Championships in the toughest era in Basketball.

16 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I still don't get how the first round matters.  So here's a question for you.  If Russell Westbrook wins 3 or 4 rings a few MVP's and surpasses LeBron in Rebounds, Assists and Triple Doubles, would be go down as a better player in the history of the game than LeBron?  He'd have more rebounds and assists?  I say no.  I don't think you can say LeBron's better all time just because he had more rebounds and assists.  Jordan beats him in literally every other category including blocks and steals.  Heck the Big O and Jason Kidd averaged more rebounds and assists per game than MJ.   I'll tell you this, if LeBron wins 2 more rings, 2 more Finals MVP's, another regular season MVP, a defensive player of the year award, a few scoring titles and it ends up being 1st or 2nd all time in Points, I'll admit he's most definitely in the conversation.  If he wins it all this year, he'll have a dang good resume going but I think the Warriors are too good, if there healthy there winning it this year. 

Yes would have to agree

58 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

If Russell Westbrook can manage to do all of that, he's still have some catching up to do.  In 5 more seasons than Westbrook, LeBron has 3 more rings, 7 more All-Star games, 4 more MVPs, 3 more Finals MVPs, and 6 total All Defense teams.  I'm a huge fan of Westbrook, but he isn't anywhere near LeBron, nor do I think he would be in the (highly unlikely) scenario you listed.

We agree as of now that Jordan > LeBron, but I'm saying by the time his career ends, LeBron could have a very good shot at having the better career

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Demoralizing loss for Houston, Leonard tweaks ankle and Houston couldn't even take advantage. They basically let Danny Green beat them LOL. I am sure Leonard will be fine, looked like a tweak. Houston is cooked stew!

Risky block by Ginobli but he got it done...

...harden must've been tired...3 turnovers in OT.

You're right...that was the Rockets chance to grab the series