Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Why> Because this is an all-time team. Not just who played lately

Steph and Magic Johnson in the same sentence..Really? Blasphemy!!

I am not saying I will even take Steph, DG was commenting on that I didn't have any floor spreaders/that I loved Big's so I just threw out possible names that are great 3 point shooters. Steph isn't on Magic Johnson's level, I know this but he is a Top 50 player of all-time whether you think so or not. He is the best 3 point shooter I have ever seen and already has 2 MVP's and a Championship.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not saying I will even take Steph, DG was commenting on that I didn't have any floor spreaders/that I loved Big's so I just threw out possible names that are great 3 point shooters. Steph isn't on Magic Johnson's level, I know this but he is a Top 50 player of all-time whether you think so or not. He is the best 3 point shooter I have ever seen and already has 2 MVP's and a Championship.

I'm kidding.

You wont be suspended.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If you pick Steph Curry over Dirk, you will be suspended from the board.!

Or either of those over Ray Allen or Durant would be crazy too.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Still on the board.....

Bob Cousy.....Pete Marovich......Allen Iverson......Bill Walton.......Julius Erving

Yep good ones...and Jerry West, Isiah, Earl Monroe, Ewing, Barkley, Gervin you could go on and on. In fact I bet we could name a 3rd and 4th team with left overs and possibly be just as good if not beat the first two. Ton of all time greats.

Little fyi about Clyde Drexler:  Drexler averaged more rebounds, assists, steals and blocks than Kobe Bryant for his career, while also shooting a higher percentage from the floor. And Drexler never missed the postseason during his 15-year career. Can't forget how great some of these guys were.....some just ran into some all-time great. Like Jerry West running into the Celtics and so many others running into Jordan.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Or either of those over Ray Allen or Durant would be crazy too.

Yep good ones...and Jerry West, Isiah, Earl Monroe, Ewing, Barkley, Gervin you could go on and on. In fact I bet we could name a 3rd and 4th team with left overs and possibly be just as good if not beat the first two. Ton of all time greats.

Little fyi about Clyde Drexler:  Drexler averaged more rebounds, assists, steals and blocks than Kobe Bryant for his career, while also shooting a higher percentage from the floor. And Drexler never missed the postseason during his 15-year career. Can't forget how great some of these guys were.....some just ran into some all-time great. Like Jerry West running into the Celtics and so many others running into Jordan.

Durant is another I could add to spread the floor. BullsColts took Larry Bird who I wanted actually so I just countered with LeBron but I will add an all-time great that is deadly from 3, something I had planned after my last pick. I have a ton of options, It's an all-time team but I also am trying to form a team that has chemistry and balance. So it's kind of a mix when doing this kind of Draft. I had to snag Kareem for example when he was still there at 9 eventhough I had Shaq being that it is a 12 man Roster. BullsColts has the next pick and I am sure his thinking is like mine but he does have Bird who can spread the floor.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Drexler is a good one.,.forgot him.and John Havlicek....Gail Goodrich..Chet 'The Jet' Walker

Yeah. I'm not a huge Kobe fan. Great scorer....great volume scorer...but he was not always the most efficient player. Depending on what your team needed on an all-time team...its interesting to see that there are easily more complete players out there than him. Now could he have done more rebounding, assists, steals and blocks...possibly but he wasn't asked to. That said he could score in ways few else could.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Curry is heating up.

I think Mark Jackson is wrong..

You cant expect Gasol to come out on a screen to guard Curry...cant happen

....Pau has trio do something at the other end..becuse if you take him out and go small..that's how the Warriors want to play

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I think Mark Jackson is wrong..

You cant expect Gasol to come out on a screen to guard Curry...cant happen

....Pau has trio do something at the other end..becuse if you take him out and go small..that's how the Warriors want to play

I'm honestly not a fan of this commentating crew. They are terrible to listen to IMO. Van Gundy is especially awful.

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm honestly not a fan of this commentating crew. They are terrible to listen to IMO. Van Gundy is especially awful.

and what happened to leonard was not a 'flagrant foul' 

....Van Gundy saing that is just trolling.....you really don't need 2 analysts

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah idk what he was talking about curry is already a fantastic player he has proven the doubters wrong and he is only getting better 

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

To be fair that was a cheap call. He did touch him but it wasn't anything that bad. Durant has whined a lot though.

Warriors get a lot of calls at home....Its okay to cry..but once you see you aren't swaying the refs..give it up