Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get use to this kind of ending in the Cavs Celtics series.  The Cavs are such a horrible match up for the Celtics.  If they can be physical the whole game like they were in the 3rd quarter they may win a game but like I said before the series started, the Celtics wouldn't make 3's, IT wouldn't get the same calls he's been getting all playoffs and the Cavs would dominate the rebounds.  That's exactly what happened in game 1.  Only 1 game but I see this being a trend.  Celtics better find a way to win game 2 or it's a sweep.  I don't think a team has ever swept its way to the finals?  It could be the case with both teams this year. 

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He has pressure to answer the questions......whether he brought it on himself or not..

...He's under contract.....Folks are asking him if hes going to do something he cant do right now

All he had to say was I love Los Angeles but I am totally committed to Indiana right now. The fact that he didn't makes me believe he'd much rather be there than here.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

All he had to say was I love Los Angeles but I am totally committed to Indiana right now. The fact that he didn't makes me believe he'd much rather be there than here.

I won't be shocked one bit when he is in LA I just hope the pacers are smart enough to move him so we won't be completely screwed after 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I did too he just wasn't as good as other players this year a lot of great forwards in the league 

I was just hoping his April performance would put him over Jimmy Butler but that's just not the way it worked out.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was just hoping his April performance would put him over Jimmy Butler but that's just not the way it worked out.

This really sucks but honestly I don't think it really matters I feel he was leaving even if he made the all nba team  

Report out now that says lakers aren't likely to give up assets for PG they are confident they can sign him in 2018. so that window is closed and we prolly missed our chance to get a good return in a trade for him now. Most teams see that he isnt an All NBA player so he cant get that huge deal no more likely to hit the open market. :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Report out now that says lakers aren't likely to give up assets for PG they are confident they can sign him in 2018. so that window is closed and we prolly missed our chance to get a good return in a trade for him now. Most teams see that he isnt an All NBA player so he cant get that huge deal no more likely to hit the open market. :facepalm:

Yep. That ship has sailed. Unless he makes it next year we have no shot. We should have traded him to Atlanta or Denver or Boston at the trade deadline. Fact is now the only team that desperately wants him is LA and they have no incentive to do a deal anymore. Instead of getting a jump start at a rebuild its going to be a long 4 or 5 years in Indy. There is still a possibility a deal could happen....but it wouldn't be for the 2nd pick. Maybe a Russell/Ingram/Nance deal possibly? Pacers are pretty screwed.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No way Jimmy Butler is better than Paul George, what a shaft! Man people hate Indy in the media. Oh well.

He had better numbers last year I'm pretty sure. Green was the questionable one...George got lucky Davis was considered a center. George checked out for the better part of the year until the last month. Hard to ignore that.....but yes...the league wants PG in LA....so they will make it happen. That's why we need to get something for him before he is gone for nothing.

Just now, dgambill said:

He had better numbers last year I'm pretty sure. George checked out for the better part of the year until the last month. Hard to ignore that.....but yes...the league wants PG in LA....so they will make it happen. That's why we need to get something for him before he is gone for nothing.

Brian Windhorst of all people voted Butler on over George and he knows damn good and well George is LeBron's toughest opponent one on one. I would almost guarantee LeBron would say PG is better than Butler.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

He had better numbers last year I'm pretty sure. George checked out for the better part of the year until the last month. Hard to ignore that.....but yes...the league wants PG in LA....so they will make it happen. That's why we need to get something for him before he is gone for nothing.

No one worth getting will want to come to Indy. This team just isn't able to compete for a title. Best chances were 2012-2014, and of course the only time Reggie made it to the Finals.

Was obvious then and it's obvious now. The NBA doesn't want Indiana to be contending team. My interest in the NBA is slowly going away.

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

No one worth getting will want to come to Indy. This team just isn't able to compete for a title. Best chances were 2012-2014, and of course the only time Reggie made it to the Finals.

Was obvious then and it's obvious now. The NBA doesn't want Indiana to be contending team. My interest in the NBA is slowly going away.

This has nothing to do with the NBA hating indiana our management didn't try hard enough to support our superstar it's their fault not the NBA

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This has nothing to do with the NBA hating indiana our management didn't try hard enough to support our superstar it's their fault not the NBA

You don't think the NBA plays favorites with big market teams and certain players? Come on.

i didnt think he was gong to make all nba.

i do think we should trade him now for the highest pick we can get, plus one more player, preferably a forward

i dont see this as tanking or giving up.  we werent good anyway, this could be better in the long run, especially after next year

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

To me it really doesn't matter why PG wasn't selected but nobody on that panel is going to tell me with a straight face that he isn't one of the best 15 players in the league. That is just ridiculous. So it has to be something.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brian Windhorst of all people voted Butler on over George and he knows damn good and well George is LeBron's toughest opponent one on one. I would almost guarantee LeBron would say PG is better than Butler.

It's not about who is the better player. It's who had the better season and that was definitely a debate. I was hoping Paul George would make it over Butler, but Butler was more consistent this year.

Keep in mind it's not just the Lakers and Celtics that were interested in George.  Denver and Atlanta both made aggressive trade offers.  So just because the Lakers think they can get him in 2018, doesn't mean the window is closed for Pritchard to make a deal. 

My prediction....after Celts get swept...they trade #1 plus an asset to Chicago for Jimmy Butler...they need more help (after Hayward re-ups with Jazz) because they can't hang with Lebron. I don't see why the Celtics couldn't see they need some down and dirty dogs to beat Cleveland and a legit star as well. I think LA will sign Blake Griffin this offseason and thus that will free up a trade to us like a two of three Randle/Russell/Ingram and a future pick to go ahead and get PG out there. They keep the second pick to select Ball. That would give them a team that can make it to he playoffs and a good start at building a championship caliber team that could attract other stars. It really would screw us over but we just got to hope with a couple down years we hit on our picks and build something great here.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Its not who the better player is...its who had the best season...sorry. From game 1 to game 82 I think Butler was the more consistent player....no doubt PG is better when he wants to be. Too bad that was only in the playoffs or maybe we wouldn't have been a 7 seed.

34 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I disagree that teams don't see him as an all-NBA player. Teams are not stupid. But I do think that the only team that would trade for PG was the Lakers because he only has one year left and they would feel confident about re-signing him. 

This makes it harder to trade him to the Lakers and also basically guarantees that unless we somehow form a contender next year, PG is gone for nothing.

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Keep in mind it's not just the Lakers and Celtics that were interested in George.  Denver and Atlanta both made aggressive trade offers.  So just because the Lakers think they can get him in 2018, doesn't mean the window is closed for Pritchard to make a deal. 

I don't think any team is going to trade for PG unless its a sign and trade which Paul won't agree to. If he wants to be on the Lakers or a contender, The Hawks and Nuggets would be playing themselves with one year left on his contract.

16 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

You don't think the NBA plays favorites with big market teams and certain players? Come on.

Sure but that don't mean they hate us if we would have drafted better and made better trades we would have been a lot better plus not going into the luxury tax hurt this team more then anything 

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No way Jimmy Butler is better than Paul George, what a shaft! Man people hate Indy in the media. Oh well.

George 24 PPG 6 RPG 3 APG

Butler 24 PPG 6 RPG 5 APG

They were pretty much a wash honestly.  There are so many great forwards in the league that a few were going to get shafted, this case Hayward and George.  You could make an argument that George could make it over Green?  Green will be 1st team all defense for sure. 

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

No other team is gonna offer a better young nucleus then the Lakers could offer 

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My prediction....after Celts get swept...they trade #1 plus an asset to Chicago for Jimmy Butler...they need more help (after Hayward re-ups with Jazz) because they can't hang with Lebron. I don't see why the Celtics couldn't see they need some down and dirty dogs to beat Cleveland and a legit star as well. I think LA will sign Blake Griffin this offseason and thus that will free up a trade to us like a two of three Randle/Russell/Ingram and a future pick to go ahead and get PG out there. They keep the second pick to select Ball. That would give them a team that can make it to he playoffs and a good start at building a championship caliber team that could attract other stars. It really would screw us over but we just got to hope with a couple down years we hit on our picks and build something great here.

I really don't want the Bulls to trade Butler but he'd be an excellent pick up for Boston, him with the addition of one other player could get them over the top(Hayward or Griffin maybe?).  I think the Bulls would make that deal too with Boston because they won't commit to Butler long term which is ridiculously stupid, he's one of the top two way players in the league.  I think the Lakers will stand pat and try to sign PG13 next year.  Question is, can the Pacers make a good deal with a team this upcoming year to deal PG13?  Maybe that team can convince PG13 to stay?  Maybe that team just wants to rent him for a year?  It'll be interesting after the Warriors and Cavs play. 

13 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I disagree that teams don't see him as an all-NBA player. Teams are not stupid. But I do think that the only team that would trade for PG was the Lakers because he only has one year left and they would feel confident about re-signing him. 

This makes it harder to trade him to the Lakers and also basically guarantees that unless we somehow form a contender next year, PG is gone for nothing.

I'm sorry that's not how I meant that comment I mean he isn't All NBA this year so they know he can't get the big extension my mistake lol

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yep. It would depend on how much faith we think PG has in Indiana and how stubborn the front office is about keeping him. Not very safe right now.

I agree cause like i said i dont even think making the all NBA team matters much I still have a feeling he would go to LA for less money. I also have a bad feeling about the front office being stubborn they will try and keep him and the same thing will happen to us that happened to OKC except we don't have a Russel Westbrook to fall back on.

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

George 24 PPG 6 RPG 3 APG

Butler 24 PPG 6 RPG 5 APG

They were pretty much a wash honestly.  There are so many great forwards in the league that a few were going to get shafted, this case Hayward and George.  You could make an argument that George could make it over Green?  Green will be 1st team all defense for sure. 

Their Stats are even so Butler in a career year doesn't even have better Stats. By the eye test, at least mine PG is the better player. Even if I didn't like the Pacers I would say he is. It would be one thing if Butler averaged like 24 and PG only 20, and the Rebounds were 1 sided as well but they are even. I think Butler is a Very Good player but IMO he isn't better than PG. Going by the Stats that couldn't have been the deciding factor as they are even. Pacers even had a higher Seed over Chicago.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their Stats are even so Butler in a career year doesn't even have better Stats. By the eye test, at least mine PG is the better player. Even if I didn't like the Pacers I would say he is. It would be one thing if Butler averaged like 24 and PG only 20, and the Rebounds were 1 sided as well but they are even. I think Butler is a Very Good player but IMO he isn't better than PG. Going by the Stats that couldn't have been the deciding factor as they are even. Pacers even had a higher Seed over Chicago.

Yea but it's about this year though not previous years or else CP3 would have made one of the teams or should have at least.  I see where you are coming from, I think both players(Butler and George) deserved to make it.  I don't think the NBA got it wrong by giving it to Butler.  Like I said, I think both players had better offensive years than Draymond so if anything George and Butler should have both made it over Draymond. 

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yea but it's about this year though not previous years or else CP3 would have made one of the teams or should have at least.  I see where you are coming from, I think both players(Butler and George) deserved to make it.  I don't think the NBA got it wrong by giving it to Butler.  Like I said, I think both players had better offensive years than Draymond so if anything George and Butler should have both made it.

Yeah I am not trying to take away from Butler but that is why people in the media are saying PG didn't make it. Butler is a Top 20 player easily in the league IMO. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not trying to take away from Butler but that is why people in the media are saying PG didn't make it. Butler is a Top 20 player easily in the league IMO. 

I think out all of the SF's in the league Butler, Durant George, Giannis and LeBron are the best all around.  When you look at  Butler and George, they don't have as good of a supporting cast and they still each drop close to 25 PPG grab 5 or 6 boards a game and dish out 5 assists per game AND guard the best player on the other team.  Not many players can say they can do that.  George and Butler can also play the 2.   That's one main reason why I don't want the Bulls to trade Butler because I don't think their is a player right now in the draft as good as him on both ends. 

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I think out all of the SF is in the league Butler, Durant George, Giannis and LeBron are the best all around.  When you look at  Butler and George, they don't have as good of a supporting cast and they still each drop close to 25 PPG grab 5 or 6 boards a game and dish out 5 assists per game AND guard the best player on the other team.  Not many players can say they can do that.  That's one main reason why I don't want the Bulls to trade Butler because I don't think their is a player right now in the draft as good as him on both ends. 

I hear ya, I hope Paul George stays in Indy but not sure now. Superstars/Top 10-20 players in the league don't grow on trees. George is even great Defensively at times like Butler is.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hear ya, I hope Paul George stays in Indy but not sure now. Superstars/Top 10-20 players in the league don't grow on trees. George is even great Defensively at times like Butler is.

Honestly, if PG13 doesn't sign an extension before the deadline next year, the Pacers should trade him.  I am sure some team out there is willing to rent him for a year or half of year with the hope of signing him long term.  That might also scare the Lakers into making a deal with the Pacers, who knows?  The Lakers have a lot of young pieces, Boston has the #1 pick plus young assets, the T'Wolves have young assets, those 3 teams would be 3 good ones to trade with.