Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson tore meniscus, Danny Woodhead tears ACL, the injuries this season keeps on piling up

Happy2BeHere

I don't know if anyone has done the stats for it, but it seems like injuries have really gone up since the new CBA was implemented and the amount of hitting done in practice was reduced.  Of course, things like ACL tears and whatnot can be non-contact, but it does make you think the players might have made a mistake when lobbying for that

19 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't know if anyone has done the stats for it, but it seems like injuries have really gone up since the new CBA was implemented and the amount of hitting done in practice was reduced.  Of course, things like ACL tears and whatnot can be non-contact, but it does make you think the players might have made a mistake when lobbying for that

It's not your imagination. Not only the increase in injuries but the lack of basic skills like tackling too! haha

7 hours ago, BertJones said:

Peterson will be back in a month. No big deal.

As of this moment, that is not a certainty. A scope from the Doc and discussion with AD will decide course of action.  Nothing done, could play immediately... unless / until knee locks again.  Trim, 3 - 4-weeks.  Full surgical repair, > 9 - 12 weeks

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

As of this moment, that is not a certainty. A scope from the Doc and discussion with AD will decide course of action.  Nothing done, could play immediately... unless / until knee locks again.  Trim, 3 - 4-weeks.  Full surgical repair, > 9 - 12 weeks

he'll be back in a month.

2 hours ago, BertJones said:

he'll be back in a month.

Percentages favor this, as most every player does opts for trim over repair if given the choice.

But how can you be so sure before the arthroscope has even been performed? Do you have an inside source to AD or medical team?  Just curious.

8 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Percentages favor this, as most every player does opts for trim over repair if given the choice.

But how can you be so sure before the arthroscope has even been performed? Do you have an inside source to AD or medical team?  Just curious.

I have him on my fantasy team,he'll be back in a month.

also, I had  3 windows open and a couple forums on the same topic and a couple beers. I forgot which forum I was on and was redundant here. I tried to correct it but there seems to be an expire time to correct mistakes around here.

On 9/19/2016 at 11:51 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Peterson has opted to have surgery and is expected to miss a few months. 

20 hours ago, BertJones said:

also, I had  3 windows open and a couple forums on the same topic and a couple beers. I forgot which forum I was on and was redundant here. I tried to correct it but there seems to be an expire time to correct mistakes around here.

It appears he doesn't care about your fantasy team

21 hours ago, BertJones said:

Peterson opted for the complete repair just to spite you. 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Peterson has opted to have surgery and is expected to miss a few months. 

Sorry for the loss, after covering for the Bridgewater saga too.  My inclination was that a scope showed a tear too long to trim satisfactorily, and/or maybe some undesired and unexpected extras as well.  Thus a possible discussion with AP to not take shortcuts that may not be as early as effective as hoped.  His long term prognosis is much better this way in any event; when he returns and in the future (advanced age arthritis concerns).

Additions EDIT:

After researching, have found that AP suffered a Bucket Handle meniscus tear, something I felt might have been but hoped wasn't when AP's knee was 'locked' in a bent position after the injury.  I gues it was found there was indeed additional damage in that his Lateral Collateral Ligament was damaged as well.

Hoping this surgery goes well, but recovery time may prevent him to play anymore this year.  He is owed 6 million roster bonus next Mar. 9, and a total of up to 18 mil next year.  If cut before Mar 9, no penalty to Vikings at all.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sorry for the loss, after covering for the Bridgewater saga too.  My inclination was that a scope showed a tear too long to trim satisfactorily, and/or maybe some undesired and unexpected extras as well.  Thus a possible discussion with AP to not take shortcuts that may not be as early as effective as hoped.  His long term prognosis is much better this way in any event; when he returns and in the future (advanced age arthritis concerns).

Additions EDIT:

After researching, have found that AP suffered a Bucket Handle meniscus tear, something I felt might have been but hoped wasn't when AP's knee was 'locked' in a bent position after the injury.  I gues it was found there was indeed additional damage in that his Lateral Collateral Ligament was damaged as well.

Hoping this surgery goes well, but recovery time may prevent him to play anymore this year.  He is owed 6 million roster bonus next Mar. 9, and a total of up to 18 mil next year.  If cut before Mar 9, no penalty to Vikings at all.

Thank you for this.  If AD does not play again this year, he may have played his last game with the Vikes. Matt Kalil may also be a goner. He was placed on IR today. We won't re-sign him. I am pretty sure that they were the highest paid players on our team before the Bradford trade.

There are too many injuries; I hope it does not hurt us too much.

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for this.  If AD does not play again this year, he may have played his last game with the Vikes. Matt Kalil may also be a goner. He was placed on IR today. We won't re-sign him. I am pretty sure that they were the highest paid players on our team before the Bradford trade.

Yeah, not a good year injury wise for Vikes or Colts.  Unfortunately, you will feel it. Loss of AD and Kalil.  Maybe the other RB's step up, and Bradford can pass well enough to get 7 in the box and the other RB's can run effectively.  We'll see.

On 9/19/2016 at 5:34 PM, 21isSuperman said:

I agree with this 100%. I believe the new CBA has watered down the NFL to the point where I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to. The tackling is awful, a majority of offensive lines have no chemistry or coherence, there isn't as much depth in the NFL as there used to be and it's very noticeable. There is a reason that TV ratings are down 10-15% so far this season.

25 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I agree with this 100%. I believe the new CBA has watered down the NFL to the point where I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to. The tackling is awful, a majority of offensive lines have no chemistry or coherence, there isn't as much depth in the NFL as there used to be and it's very noticeable. There is a reason that TV ratings are down 10-15% so far this season.

Per Colin Cowherd, that's because of the election.  I don't want to make things too political, but Fox continues to have normal ratings because they have so much election coverage.  But CBS has lower ratings because people are so focused on the election.  Apparently, this drop in ratings happens periodically when big events like a national election take place

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry about this news, it's bad enough you lose Teddy and now this. Vikings still have a Good team and are well Coached so making the Playoffs isn't out of the question. It's nice being 2-0 as well.

44 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Per Colin Cowherd, that's because of the election.  I don't want to make things too political, but Fox continues to have normal ratings because they have so much election coverage.  But CBS has lower ratings because people are so focused on the election.  Apparently, this drop in ratings happens periodically when big events like a national election take place

Interesting. That never really crossed my mind I guess, as football is one of the places people tend to go to get away from that sort of stuff. I guess playoff and Super Bowl ratings will be a better indicator of such. I know that Amazon Firesticks and streaming games online are getting more and more popular but 10-15 % just sounds like a large gap to me, especially with an organization that has been as Teflon as the NFL has over the last few years.

2 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

Ratings are down because of the anthem kneeling. I know several who stopped watching because of it.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry about this news, it's bad enough you lose Teddy and now this. Vikings still have a Good team and are well Coached so making the Playoffs isn't out of the question. It's nice being 2-0 as well.

Your relative who is a Vikes fan must be devastated. Most of us, however, don't have that sense of doom and gloom that others would expect. We prefer having AD but we believe that the offense will be less predictable now that he is out. We like our backup RBs (Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiata) although I am not a fan of the Hillman signing. I don't like signing too many new players. I would have preferred going with CJ Ham or Jhurell Pressley, 2 guys who were in training camp with us.

Replacing the LT is more problematic. Kalil was pretty bad but he was better than anyone else we have. We will play TJ Clemmings but he will need a lot of help. We don't have anyone else.... Can you spare one of your OTs? ;)

57 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Your relative who is a Vikes fan must be devastated. Most of us, however, don't have that sense of doom and gloom that others would expect. We prefer having AD but we believe that the offense will be less predictable now that he is out. We like our backup RBs (Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiata) although I am not a fan of the Hillman signing. I don't like signing too many new players. I would have preferred going with CJ Ham or Jhurell Pressley, 2 guys who were in training camp with us.

Replacing the LT is more problematic. Kalil was pretty bad but he was better than anyone else we have. We will play TJ Clemmings but he will need a lot of help. We don't have anyone else.... Can you spare one of your OTs? ;)

Yeah, I talked to him earlier and he wasn't very optimistic with Peterson being out. He is happy about 2-0 but to him Peterson is the straw that stirs the drink.

On 9/22/2016 at 7:00 AM, NFLfan said:

Kalil was pretty bad but he was better than anyone else we have.

Very true.

.... Can you spare one of your OTs? ;)

Reitz, he's just behind Kalil in pressures allowed... ;-)

And now, on top of it all, there are reports Sharrif Floyd had a menisectomy (likely partial - meniscus trim) on his knee.  That would be 3-4 weeks recovery minimum, with potential for up to 6. Dr. James Andrews performed this at the Andrews Institute in Pensacola, FL.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Very true.

Reitz, he's just behind Kalil in pressures allowed... ;-)

And now, on top of it all, there are reports Sharrif Floyd had a menisectomy (likely partial - meniscus trim) on his knee.  That would be 3-4 weeks recovery minimum, with potential for up to 6. Dr. James Andrews performed this at the Andrews Institute in Pensacola, FL.

Yes, I was aware of Floyd's surgery. Our D-line is playing well and we are deep there. The backups Tom Johnson (former Colt) and Shamar Stephen have played well.

Kalil was playing poorly but  unfortunately our backups may be worse. The line is a mess.

Re: Dr. Andrews 

I thought he was with the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. Is he in Florida full-time now?