Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets look at the positives

CR91

54 minutes ago, Archangel said:

I was impressed on how the offenses played after the first quarter, IMOP the Colts need to play a up tempo style of game from the beginning it gets the players involved in the game, Even though I like gore I would rather see Ferguson in their a little more often he can get you a few more yards from what I can see, Gore is more of a punishing kinda of back. The O-line had a shakey start but did settle down which was good considering mewhort is still mending. Center is a rookie RG this is his first year and he handled Nagata pretty good Reitz was good at RT, The one that concern me is LT a lot of money went his way for him to get pushed around like he did yesterday Also believe they do need to stay with the run block a little longer for gore.. The colts started to run a 3 WR Combo which became a good threat need to keep working on it, the lions were playing 8 in a box and luck was biting on it. As for the defense not much can be said they looked tired at the end out of control at times no containment on the edges, no pass rushing. And probably should of paid freeman for one more year to help the LB corp because to be honest the LB corp were totally undisciplined allowing the RB to run free, Now saying that the upside is in a couple of weeks the colts should get back Anderson and Arthur Jones and hope they can keep their DB and Safeties healthy.  

Sio Moore & Freeman together in our 4-2-5 would have been a serious upgrade over what we may be Forced to watch.
 Morrison in on 3rd and long yesterday was and will Forever be a JOKE!

A Gimmee!

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Sio Moore & Freeman together in our 4-2-5 would have been a serious upgrade over what we may be Forced to watch.
 Morrison in on 3rd and long yesterday was and will Forever be a JOKE!

A Gimmee!

the LB cor is a complete mess, watched DQ tell Mcnary about a play and the play was coming to him and Mcnary got blew up and detroit scored, they had better fix this

12 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

So the positive are that the players we've spent high draft picks on and a lot of money on may not be complete garbage? We're starting Antonio Cromartie at CB for probably the next month. Where is the positive in that???

Nothing is positive when you live in negativity and that is all you look for.

6 minutes ago, Archangel said:

the LB cor is a complete mess, watched DQ tell Mcnary about a play and the play was coming to him and Mcnary got blew up and detroit scored, they had better fix this

If McNary would lose 10lbs and had Morrison`s brain, that could be a Very good player. Unfortunately he lacks foot speed, and reacts a little too slowly.
  Sorry, at best he is a special teamer and perhaps short yardage guy.
 The Packers drafted a LB just after Morrison that is starting and is a 3 down back. How nice for them eh'. lol

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Looking at positives when the team loses is like looking for old crumpled bread crumps. Are we at the pont of needing to look for positive excuses after a lost? It seems so.

IF you are not looking at the whole picture you are being narrow minded.

We were 2 or 3 uninjured players away from a win but when you are so consumed with being so negative you will not see anything you are not looking for.

I Positively enjoyed watching our opened up passing game.
How about Allen`s running of those New jiggy pass routes and how well "still a little high" Lucky threw the ball overall.
 And Doyle? I guess you don`t have to run like Tony Gonzalez.
 Great job Jack, Chud, and to Lucky for seeing and using the whole Field.
 All three wide outs were all in and have me excited.
 This is the Base for building our Monster O. IMO!

Here i go, this is gonna hurt a wee bit, way to go O-Line even Castanzio, you guys were really decent, in the pass protection!!!
 Lucky didn`t get pounded to the turf. Clearly a big deal! Nice plan Chud!

This is one of the rare losses where I left the game with an actual sense of enjoyment.   I really enjoyed watching our Offense carve those boys up!  And it was really exciting consider it was a good defense that we played.  If we can just get some guys back on the D and establish some continuity I do believe we can make a run.  Not afraid of Jax, Houston, or Tennessee.  I'm only afraid of us right now.  Enemy is in our own camp.  We have to shore up what is holding us back along with a little improving of the health of this team.

Davis Cro Adams Geathers/Green Robinson.

Moore Jackson

Anderson/Kerr Parry Langford!

I don't know, but if 3 out of 6 injured starters on defense played. We would have won this game. It's week 1. Everyone on here worries to much. We lost by a point and our offense looked effective to say the least. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the defensive backs that were out there weren't even on our roster at the beginning of training camp. We need to get healthy in a hurry, but I won't be supposed if we win next week. Go Colts !

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

Luck looked fantastic especially after the first three drives

The pass protection was great and gave luck plenty of time

Dorsett made a terrific 51 yard grab

Ty made one heck of a catch in the red zone

We almost survived a game with the most deflated secondary I've ever seen

Luck looked perhaps the best I have seen him look (after the first 3 series).  He was checking down, not forcing things, made good decisions to run and was very accurate for the most part.

Our WRs looked very good, TY and Dorsett both made a couple of very nice catches.  Our TEs were involved, and I thought Allen looked pretty darn good when he got a chance in the receiving game.

Our OL, particularly in pass protection looked better than it did pretty much all of last year.  There were still some problems, mainly with Castonzo and Reitz (IMO), but the interior I thought looked good. 

Vinatieri looked good, hitting  a 50 yarder and making all his extra points.

The coaching staff going for 2 to give us 18 points, I really liked.  There were some problems (mainly time management, I didn't like).

Gore rushed for >4 yards per carry -- this is probably biased because he had a fairly big run late and only had 14 total carries -- however, I think we may actually have the ability to estabilsh a run game this season (if we can avoid starting down 14-0 and 21-3).

On defense, I thought Ridgeway looks like he is going to be a player in this league.  Sio Moore was all over the place, considering he's coming off injury. I thought Ayers looked like he'll be a good fit in this system (#56).  Adams seems to still have it, and I thought Robinson and Cromartie were good together when they were in there and healthy (save Cromartie on the last drive, I thought he had a good game overall).  I also thought Morris and Melvin looked OK, and think if we can get guys healthy the DB unit may be pretty good when all of our guys are back.

Overall, this was a kind of demoralizing loss, but there were certainly positives to take away from it.  I think the biggest positive (at least I hope) is that in a few weeks we'll have a whole new, hopefully improved crew on defense (with hopeful returns of Jones, Anderson, Geathers, Davis, plus hopefulness that Robinson, Butler, Greene, and others all return to full health after getting banged up a little yesterday).

2 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Needs to overhaul this team with new GM and coaches.  GM and coaches we have pretty much can't pick talents, let alone manage.....It'll be a pathetic season, but on the bright side we'll pick a blue chip player.

I guess you didn't understand the topic of the thread?