Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did I miss something? Mathis hurt?

csmopar

Was just watching wthr news and they said Robert Mathis injured his knee?!?!?!? I rewound the dvr and watched it 3 times to make sure I heard it right. Was this known ? I'd seen reports where Pags said he was healthy so is this a new injury and does anyone have any further on it?

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

http://www.wthr.com/article/morris-leads-colts-13-10-comeback-win-over-bengals-hopes-for-roster-spot

Read the injury section

" Linebacker Robert Mathis missed his fourth preseason game after suffering a knee injury early in camp."

Then I doubt it's serious if it happened early in camp and no one has been talking about it.

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

If it's not on Twitter, it didn't happen. 

Do you mean that sarcastically or like social media gospel BC? I chose to view it as the former not the latter. Either way, it stuck me as funny. Well played sir.  

It does make you wonder what those of us who learned on a typewriter & watched black n white TVs considered cutting edge information technology though. Probably Atari & thick phones as heavy as a brick. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Do you mean that sarcastically or like social media gospel BC? I chose to view it as the former not the latter. Either way, it stuck me as funny. Well played sir.  

It does make you wonder what those of us who learned on a typewriter & watched black n white TVs considered cutting edge information technology though. Probably Atari & thick phones as heavy as a brick. 

Well said Brother.....hope all is well?  This world is not one that I envelope...it is filled with instant gratification...filled with cowards that dance behind the guise of anonymity...

37 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Well said Brother.....hope all is well?  This world is not one that I envelope...it is filled with instant gratification...filled with cowards that dance behind the guise of anonymity...

A very profound & accurate piece of wisdom & life experience stated there RR7. I was looking for the last Colts Preseason game vs the Bengals AKA Tony the "Frosted Flakes" Tigers, but NFL Network has not listed it's re-airing yet. 

I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking. I won't elaborate much in this thread because I don't wanna derail it other than to say medication mishaps are no barrel of laughs for my mother right now. It's getting resolved slowly but surely..."And don't call me Shirley." Sorry, old school 'Airplane' movie reference from my youth. Thanks for your concern brother. It means a lot. More than you know. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

http://www.wthr.com/article/morris-leads-colts-13-10-comeback-win-over-bengals-hopes-for-roster-spot

Read the injury section

" Linebacker Robert Mathis missed his fourth preseason game after suffering a knee injury early in camp."

I'm not doubting you csmopar. You're definitely a well respected regular on the Forum who has no need to defend themselves. It's cool. You don't need to convince me man. I believe you. Trust me. 

That being said, I hope it's just precautionary naturally. Hades, we all want & pray for that of course. Love ya Robert! 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I'm not doubting you csmopar. You're definitely a well respected regular on the Forum who has no need to defend themselves. It's cool. You don't need to convince me man. I believe you. Trust me. 

That being said, I hope it's just precautionary naturally. Hades, we all want & pray for that of course. Love ya Robert! 

It's all good. I was merely confused about the whole thing. And still don't get how only wthr knows this

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It's all good. I was merely confused about the whole thing. And still don't get how only wthr knows this

It's a valid question Csmopar. I have no idea. You're right though, why would an Ohio media source report on a possible injury glitch on a guy not on Marvin Lewis roster? Odd. Mathis is a superstar name & all, but still, it's peculiar I agree. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

It's a valid question Csmopar. I have no idea. You're right though, why would an Ohio media source report on a possible injury glitch on a guy not on Marvin Lewis roster? Odd. Mathis is a superstar name & all, but still, it's peculiar I agree. 

Wthr is channel 13 in Indy...

22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Wthr is channel 13 in Indy...

Okay, thanks for the correction CS. I don't live in "The Hoosier State" so I have no idea what the local outlets are. 

I just use NFL Sunday Ticket & watch all the Horseshoe games from the Badger State where I endure strange looks from my Packers relatives for my Colt loyalty. I'm used to it by now. LOL! 

I remember local newscasters in WI rooting for Saints fans in the 2009 SB & I was like what the hades is wrong with these fools? New Orleans? Really? Crazy. 

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Okay, thanks for the correction CS. I don't live in "The Hoosier State" so I have no idea what the local outlets are. 

I just use NFL Sunday Ticket & watch all the Horseshoe games from the Badger State where I endure strange looks from my Packers relatives for my Colt loyalty. I'm used to it by now. LOL! 

I remember local newscasters in WI rooting for Saints fans in the 2009 SB & I was like what the hades is wrong with these fools? New Orleans? Really? Crazy. 

It's all good. What part of WI?

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Then I doubt it's serious if it happened early in camp and no one has been talking about it.

Even though its probably not serious, it still looks like we would have heard something about it. You almost can't get a scrape or a bruise without it being reported these days. Unless it was false info.

13 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Even though its probably not serious, it still looks like we would have heard something about it. You almost can't get a scrape or a bruise without it being reported these days. Unless it was false info.

This is the Colts we're talking about though. Everything with them is super hush-hush. Especially injuries. We still don't know what happened to Luck's shoulder and no one even knew Vontae was injured off and on last season.