Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Heard It From His Mouth Directly..

DILLIGAFER

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing medical situation last yr. n still paying $26,000,000.00 to #18,I've no regrets.It was right thing2do,I'm not ticked,contrary2rumor

That was about last year. How would he feel about paying $28MM to #18, knowing his medical situation this year? We will all know the answer to this come March 8.

God I just wish we already had all pieces in pace and stop this speculation game it's really frustrating and stupid.

No specualtion in this post. Fact only. He has no regrets paying Manning 26M knowing his situation. people have said he did. He laid that to rest.

That was about last year. How would he feel about paying $28MM to #18, knowing his medical situation this year? We will all know the answer to this come March 8.

He already said he has no problem with the $28 million before the Texans game. Then Deion tried to spin it into he was fed up with it. I HATE DEION. :flaming:

He already said he has no problem with the $28 million before the Texans game. Then Deion tried to spin it into he was fed up with it. I HATE DEION. :flaming:

You are not alone. The guy is a chump. Herm Edwards is right up there with him too IMO.

I think that is a big stretch to make.

Do you? If he has no regrets about spending $26m with an unclear future then how is it stretching to suggest he'd be willing to spend $28m with a more evaluated one? Especially considering he has said money isn't an issue himself.

I have never doubted Irsay. He already stated, as others mentioned, on national TV that he will pay 28m to Peyton and he will remain a Colt if he is healthy. There is no reason for him to reiterate that. It was stated on national TV. I have no idea why all the media and even some fans on these boards refuse to believe that.

Do you? If he has no regrets about spending $26m with an unclear future then how is it stretching to suggest he'd be willing to spend $28m with a more evaluated one? Especially considering he has said money isn't an issue himself.

Good points that you make with regards to just the financials of paying Manning. But there is still a level of uncertainty for the season even if he makes the $28 million payment in March. Does the path to being healthy guarantee that he will be? And on top of that, there is still a large investment to make in the # 1 pick, presumably Luck, meaning you would have alot of out of pocket cash and cap space tied up in one position.

That is why I think it is a stretch to say he has a willingness to pay the bonus.

I have never doubted Irsay. He already stated, as others mentioned, on national TV that he will pay 28m to Peyton and he will remain a Colt if he is healthy. There is no reason for him to reiterate that. It was stated on national TV. I have no idea why all the media and even some fans on these boards refuse to believe that.

I hope Irsay and Manning are playing with the media. Manning Just came out and said he was frustrated with the situation and everyone is walking on eggshells in the building. If this is true, somebody needs to talk to him one way or the other. Kravits hung up the phone after thier interview and said Peyton is done here.

I think that is a big stretch to make.

Perhaps it is a stretch, that is up to debate. But the fact remains that Irsay has said numerous times that the $28 million due to PM next year is NOT an issue when considering if he will play with the Colts next year. The only thing to take into consideration is his health, which I fully believe will be up to par come March. I personally think he's at least very close to pre-surgery form, and is going to surpass his athleticism that he had before the surgery. However, that is purely conjecture and is based upon my interpretation of the amount of time it takes to heal from this sort of surgery combined with the amount of rehab he has done (and the comments made by teammates and Polian after his December post-practice throwing session).

Edit: And before you respond with anything about Luck or the number one pick, it was pretty clear at the time that Irsay said on national television that he was willing to pay $28 million to Manning this year that we would be getting the number one pick. And Irsay had already hinted multiple times that he wanted Luck.

I hope Irsay and Manning are playing with the media. Manning Just came out and said he was frustrated with the situation and everyone is walking on eggshells in the building. If this is true, somebody needs to talk to him one way or the other. Kravits hung up the phone after thier interview and said Peyton is done here.

Excuse me? Can you elaborate on your final statement about Kravtiz? Is that fact or your thoughts?

Excuse me? Can you elaborate on your final statement about Kravtiz? Is that fact or your thoughts?

It is true. Kravits does believe Manning will not be a Colt in 2012, but what does he really know? I mean he is jumping to what he feels are logical conclusions. I think the media is in for an upset on this one.

Good points that you make with regards to just the financials of paying Manning. But there is still a level of uncertainty for the season even if he makes the $28 million payment in March. Does the path to being healthy guarantee that he will be? And on top of that, there is still a large investment to make in the # 1 pick, presumably Luck, meaning you would have alot of out of pocket cash and cap space tied up in one position.

That is why I think it is a stretch to say he has a willingness to pay the bonus.

There's no certainty at all he'll be back (despite what some users will tell you) and less certainty still that he'll be back to 100%. I think Irsay wants to take the punt though, I don't think he could bear to lose Manning. If it's a stretch it's because it's what I want to believe!

Agreed. The bottom line determining factor will be is Peyton healthy by the time the Colts have to assess him? If he is, then I believe Irsay will do all he can to keep him a Colt. But if he isn't then all bets will be off. Irsay already paid $26 million last year out of appreciation for Peyton. He did this with the right attitude not grudgingly, so he's already shown his gratitude for Peyton's past services rendered in my opinion. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he'd pony up another $28 mil just to keep an unhealthy star around to appease fan sentiment.

I know im in the minority, but I agree with Kravitz that Manning will not be back in Indy. I've been saying it for a few weeks now, but I think every single sign points to the Colts cutting Manning. I know there are a lot of people in utter denial, but those people really should start preparing theirselves for the very real possibility that Manning will be gone.

I heard Jackie MacMullin on ESPN say that the Colts medical experts have already convinced the Colts front office that Manning will never be fully recovered from his injury. I have no idea who her sources are or if they are reliable at all, but I don't think it matters. I think Manning knows his days in Indy are over.

I know im in the minority, but I agree with Kravitz that Manning will not be back in Indy. I've been saying it for a few weeks now, but I think every single sign points to the Colts cutting Manning. I know there are a lot of people in utter denial, but those people really should start preparing theirselves for the very real possibility that Manning will be gone.

I heard Jackie MacMullin on ESPN say that the Colts medical experts have already convinced the Colts front office that Manning will never be fully recovered from his injury. I have no idea who her sources are or if they are reliable at all, but I don't think it matters. I think Manning knows his days in Indy are over.

Unless Jackie MacMullin provides her sources, I have a hard time believing that is true. With how unreliable news sources have been lately, everything I hear from national media I take with a grain of salt, or even less.

I guess that is the bottom-line difference. I don't want to believe in what I want to be the truth. I want to believe the truth, even if it is something I don't like.

I'll believe in the truth when we're given the truth, things like this I can't help but interpret favourably!

Not only do I 100% agree with you but at the same time I sort of want the Colts to start a new chapter with Luck. I want to see the franchise do it right this time and not have one player carry the load for 10,11, 12 seasons. How rare is it for a franchise to get two back to back franchise hof type QBs? Extremely rare. Montana to Young Favre Rodgers, I know I'm getting ahead of myself proclaiming Luck as a hof type QB but he has the tools.

Unless Jackie MacMullin provides her sources, I have a hard time believing that is true. With how unreliable news sources have been lately, everything I hear from national media I take with a grain of salt, or even less.

Come on, a lot of these guys sources are pretty spot on most of the time. A lot of the media got it wrong about Caldwell and now everybody acts as if they have never gotten anything right. Besides that, I don't think it really matters. The Colts have made it clear they are in complete rebuild mode and for people to think that is going to include a 36 yr. old QB with serious health concerns is probably being a little naive.

I t would be nice if the Colts were not so secrative about injuries. We speculated with Harrison from week to week for ever with no imformation. With Sanders it went on for years. Somebody on this board needs to have beers with the team doctor, oh, do they still have one?

It is true. Kravits does believe Manning will not be a Colt in 2012, but what does he really know? I mean he is jumping to what he feels are logical conclusions. I think the media is in for an upset on this one.

I heard the interview with Kravitz on ESPN today too. And I agree with you - what does he know? It's just his 'feeling'. Man, if you listen to ESPN, Peyton is gone.

I'm glad Fan of MANning posted that tweet from Irsay. He's been honest with us all along, although cryptic at times. But I truly believe that if Peyton is healthy, he will be a Colt.

I t would be nice if the Colts were not so secrative about injuries. We speculated with Harrison from week to week for ever with no imformation. With Sanders it went on for years. Somebody on this board needs to have beers with the team doctor, oh, do they still have one?

I don't know if they do.

Come on, a lot of these guys sources are pretty spot on most of the time. A lot of the media got it wrong about Caldwell and now everybody acts as if they have never gotten anything right. Besides that, I don't think it really matters. The Colts have made it clear they are in complete rebuild mode and for people to think that is going to include a 36 yr. old QB with serious health concerns is probably being a little naive.

Perhaps you are right, but I have a hard time seeing anything past what Irsay stated before the Texans game... that money is NOT an issue, only health is.

Perhaps you are right, but I have a hard time seeing anything past what Irsay stated before the Texans game... that money is NOT an issue, only health is.

Money is not an issue, it never has been with Irsay. The thing is, rebuilding with a 36 yr. old QB is ludicrous, and thats what many people are missing. Irsay didn't care about paying Manning his money and if Manning would have been healthy last season, we would not be having this conversation, but Irsay got a reality check this past season and he realized IMO that it was time to move on and start over. Thats why the Polians, Caldwell, and most of the other coaches are in the unemployment line now.

I heard the interview with Kravitz on ESPN today too. And I agree with you - what does he know? It's just his 'feeling'. Man, if you listen to ESPN, Peyton is gone.

I'm glad Fan of MANning posted that tweet from Irsay. He's been honest with us all along, although cryptic at times. But I truly believe that if Peyton is healthy, he will be a Colt.

That is the key statement "if he is healthy" let me ask all of you this. If Irsay were to let a "healthy" Peyton Manning walk, and let's say he goes to a team like the Jets (just saying) and wins at least two more Super Bowls and Andrew Luck is still struggling to perform up to his "hype"?

How would you feel about Mr. Irsay at that point?

I think the city of Indianapolis would run him out of town :) He cannot afford to let a "healthy' Peyton Manning just walk.

Just my 2 cents!

Great point that what leads me to believe that this is him playing his cards right and Peyton is just playing the game with him.

I'm glad someone pointed this out....

Money is not an issue, it never has been with Irsay. The thing is, rebuilding with a 36 yr. old QB is ludicrous, and thats what many people are missing. Irsay didn't care about paying Manning his money and if Manning would have been healthy last season, we would not be having this conversation, but Irsay got a reality check this past season and he realized IMO that it was time to move on and start over. Thats why the Polians, Caldwell, and most of the other coaches are in the unemployment line now.

Take away the surgeries and give Manning a completely clean bill of health and in these current circumstances - aging roster, several key free agents, could be franchise QB in the offing, albatross of a contract - and it would still be very hard for Irsay to bring Manning back.

That is the key statement "if he is healthy" let me ask all of you this. If Irsay were to let a "healthy" Peyton Manning walk, and let's say he goes to a team like the Jets (just saying) and wins at least two more Super Bowls and Andrew Luck is still struggling to perform up to his "hype"?

How would you feel about Mr. Irsay at that point?

I think the city of Indianapolis would run him out of town :) He cannot afford to let a "healthy' Peyton Manning just walk.

Just my 2 cents!

I would think that Irsay was presented with a very difficult decision and he made what he thought at the time was the best thing for the franchise. But I am a rational fan and that thinking would definitely put me in the minority. With the benefit of hindsight, there would be those clamoring for his head.

Take away the surgeries and give Manning a completely clean bill of health and in these current circumstances - aging roster, several key free agents, could be franchise QB in the offing, albatross of a contract - and it would still be very hard for Irsay to bring Manning back.

Take away the surgeries, and you're where you were in July when Irsay gave Manning a five year, $90 million contract. Actually better, because he'd already had two surgeries at that point, and still didn't have a clean bill of health. Hadn't thrown in months. And Irsay still cut the check.

Of course, that was before we secured the #1 pick in the draft, so that's a variable to take into consideration. But it's not as if Irsay was itching to get out of paying this 36 year old quarterback. Matter of fact, it was Irsay proclaiming that he was going to make Manning the highest paid player in the history of the NFL.

Plus I always had the feeling Irsay had a man crush on Peyton?? Is this true? Kinda like Jon Gruden.

So the question is if he believes they can win 2-3 SB in the next 4-5 years do u give up the "next franchise" QB for the next 10-12 yrs....

I say yep.....

And there's no better QB to lead our team then the great PM himself

4 more years 4 more years 4 more years.......

Take away the surgeries, and you're where you were in July when Irsay gave Manning a five year, $90 million contract. Actually better, because he'd already had two surgeries at that point, and still didn't have a clean bill of health. Hadn't thrown in months. And Irsay still cut the check.

Of course, that was before we secured the #1 pick in the draft, so that's a variable to take into consideration. But it's not as if Irsay was itching to get out of paying this 36 year old quarterback. Matter of fact, it was Irsay proclaiming that he was going to make Manning the highest paid player in the history of the NFL.

Absolutely right - all of it. But like you said, the # 1 pick changes the dynamics of the situation entirely and forces a tough decision out of Irsay.