19-18!

oldunclemark

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Missed the first half but the 2nd half Colts looked lethargic. Looks like we're still bad in the same areas: O-Line, running the ball, and pass rush.

True..but we didn't play all our guys and we had a lot of O-linemen playing their first game..

We might have some backup good skill players ...

....it was fun..and we didn't get wasted like the Bears did

Just now, oldunclemark said:

True..but we didn't play all our guys and we had a lot of O-linemen playing their first game..

True. I know the O-line is really young when you talk about the 2nd-3rd string guys. I was just hoping to see some improvements in the problem areas. I gotta go back and watch the first half but the commentators said it was a rough start so apparently I didn't miss much.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

True. I know the O-line is really young when you talk about the 2nd-3rd string guys. I was just hoping to see some improvements in the problem areas. I gotta go back and watch the first half but the commentators said it was a rough start so apparently I didn't miss much.

Well..Def..

If you were hoping to see improvement in the O-iine...you might NOT want to go back and watch the first half.

Not so good.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Well..Def..

If you were hoping to see improvement in the O-iine...you might NOT want to go back and watch the first half.

Not so good.

Im not going to be too concerned about the Oline until the third preseason game.   Also wasn't real impressed with Ferguson, although he had no help.  

14 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Missed the first half but the 2nd half Colts looked lethargic. Looks like we're still bad in the same areas: O-Line, running the ball, and pass rush.

It was all 2nd string answer beyond guys...probably not gonna look that great. And as far as pass rush....there were a few bright moments. D line looked pretty good up the middle for the most part, but on the outside our contain wasn't very good at all.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I was surprised at how bad Reitz was. Hopefully just an anamoly

agreed...we looked like we did in the in the opener last year at Buffalo...

But Monroe is right...it takes a awhile for the line to come together

(but they definetly have some coming together to do!)

I was pretty shocked at how well TJ Green played. They weren't kidding when they said this guy was fast. He was all over the field making plays, even won a 1 on 1 coverage battle! And had a nice hit too. I know hes kind of a project but he looked nothing like a project tonight.

Morrison had a nice game too I thought. He smacked a few people around. Good stuff from these 2!

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This may have already been reported in here but TY Hilton X-Rays are negative. It's only a bruised knee. Per SB Nation's Site. We dodged a bullet there!

Definitely good to hear, also just saw a tweet from Holder quoting Pagano as also saying Good knee is not bad. Another relief.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I was pretty shocked at how well TJ Green played. They weren't kidding when they said this guy was fast. He was all over the field making plays, even won a 1 on 1 coverage battle! And had a nice hit too. I know hes kind of a project but he looked nothing like a project tonight.

Morrison had a nice game too I thought. He smacked a few people around. Good stuff from these 2!

Morrison is just what they said he was...

Not that big..not that fast but he never stops...always hustling

Just now, weslo1812 said:

Definitely good to hear, also just saw a tweet from Holder quoting Pagano as also saying Good knee is not bad. Another relief.

Well, a friend told me over the phone TY was fine but misread the SB Nation Site. I looked it up to confirm and the article was from last season when he bruised his knee on opening day against the Bills. Sorry guys, nothing is confirmed yet that I have seen. I should've looked this up myself before Posting but was excited about the news so I posted quickly.

Looked like we have some actual depth for once. I liked what I saw from Morris at QB. Chester Rogers looks like he's catching on really quick on the play book and played well. Williams at RB looked super fast and shifty. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm being picky but I think Green was supposed to help Butler on the score.  I'll have to watch the replay.  Either way, he's talented but very green.  

Backup players looked decent, I'm used to seeing our twos and threes getting trashed.  I guess that's a sign of better coaching.  

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Looked like we have some actual depth for once. I liked what I saw from Morris at QB. Chester Rogers looks like he's catching on really quick on the play book and played well. Williams at RB looked super fast and shifty. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

I've been talking up Trey Williams for a while now.  Super Fast and can cut on a little piece of a dime.

He's more Sproles like than any of them if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Won a coverage battle against a guy with Olympic speed in Goodwin. I thought all the rookies played pretty well with the exception of Clark. Liked what I saw out of Thompson and Maggitt. Maggitt looked fast and active and better against the run than as a pass rusher. 

32 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Well..Def..

Not so good.

Oh boy. I hope it's just a familiarity issue and not anything else. But I need to see improvement somewhere with the Colts. 30 total rushing yards is almost as bad as the O-Line issues.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Won a coverage battle against a guy with Olympic speed in Goodwin. I thought all the rookies played pretty well with the exception of Clark. Liked what I saw out of Thompson and Maggitt. Maggitt looked fast and active and better against the run than as a pass rusher. 

I thought Bates looked decent too. He helped stuff a few runs from what I remember.

42 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

that is completely what worries me. Drafting the majority of oline of rookies. Not even the Patriots were able to manage that this past season, Brady was getting pummeled late in the season and not even Belichick  was able to resolve that. It cost them the game against the Broncos.

3 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Also, i really like our Lb'er...like nearly all of them.  I know it is just preseason...and yes they had a fews mistakes like over persueing and such, but I really think over all they did great.  Very Impressed.  The depth on the corners has me somewhat worried though.

Got to remember neither Djoun Smith nor Tevin Mitchel played the game.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This may have already been reported in here but TY Hilton X-Rays are negative. It's only a bruised knee. Per SB Nation's Site. We dodged a bullet there!

Nothing is confirmed yet, I looked the article up to verify and the article is from last seasons Buffalo game. Sorry guys but I haven't heard anything bad either. A friend of mine told me over the phone he read where TY was fine on SB Nation but after looking it up it was an article from last season. Nobody is saying anything about this for some reason on any Site.

1 minute ago, krunk said:
  • I've got to watch the full game, but from skimming over highlights I think Chester Rogers will definitely make the final roster.  He's smooth.

Reminds me of Pierre Garçon when he was a rookie, except I think Rogers has better hands. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:
  • I've got to watch the full game, but from skimming over highlights I think Chester Rogers will definitely make the final roster.  He's smooth.

Roger is also so slim.  6'1" 180lb.  He is smooth like you said, and very Nimble.  his borken tackle through me for a loop cause with his frame i would expect a strong wind to tackle him. but he proved me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

True.  And Winstone Rose is Very slim, but seemed the most stand-out to me.  He had a few good cover plays.

Good to hear he had some good coverage out there.  He runs a 4.3 so he's real fast.