Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers experiment with new robot tackling technology - MVP

BlueShoe

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Have you seen these? Might not be that far off...

There you go, pretty soon they will replace players with robots.  At least it will solve the concussion issue.

37 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

There you go, pretty soon they will replace players with robots.  At least it will solve the concussion issue.

With mass production they could become cheaper that human player too. Instead of voting on head coaches we will be voting on best technical programmer? 

On 5/21/2016 at 11:12 PM, crazycolt1 said:

With mass production they could become cheaper that human player too. Instead of voting on head coaches we will be voting on best technical programmer? 

Not to make this all serious but the human element is what largely makes the game what it is. Human error and judgement affect the outcomes so much that it has become a fabric in the league's appeal.

1 hour ago, Restored said:

Not to make this all serious but the human element is what largely makes the game what it is. Human error and judgement affect the outcomes so much that it has become a fabric in the league's appeal.

I wasn't at all serious. I guess you just didn't pick up it was sarcasm after the sarcastic comments that was before and after my comment.

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I wasn't at all serious. I guess you just didn't pick up it was sarcasm after the sarcastic comments that was before and after my comment.

I understood you were sarcastic. I just made it known that this should never be considered as a real possibility (and believe me, in the near future, people will consider this for sure).

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

I understood you were sarcastic. I just made it known that this should never be considered as a real possibility (and believe me, in the near future, people will consider this for sure).

I am not too sure about that at all in the future. The young people are dwindling down to where high schools are not able to field teams all over the country. Football programs are dropping out every year. Slowly there are people who are not letting their kids play because of long term injuries. Young men are turning to other sports gradually. We may not live long enough to see the ending but it is something to think about.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not too sure about that at all in the future. The young people are dwindling down to where high schools are not able to field teams all over the country. Football programs are dropping out every year. Slowly there are people who are not letting their kids play because of long term injuries. Young men are turning to other sports gradually. We may not live long enough to see the ending but it is something to think about.

Yeah the long-term injuries are scaring people off and now you add in the NFL's alleged coverup of a study coupled with players retiring at a "young" age and the NFL could be looking at the start of its slide. Like you said, I don't think we will see the full collapse it in our lifetime but we will certainly start to see the decline.

• 2 weeks later...

With the CBA limiting player on player contact, these robots will evolve and fill many needs of clubs/coaches.

Maybe a certain coach and a certain team can find out how to 'loan' their robots out to the opposing team (whose robots have suddenly stopped working) and then download their whole schemes when returned...

:76evil::lecture: :Nuke:

On 5/25/2016 at 7:57 AM, crazycolt1 said:

High school football is down in some states,    but up in others.      There are double the high school football players than any other sport.     

20 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

High school football is down in some states,    but up in others.      There are double the high school football players than any other sport.     

Not according to MMQB. There are a couple of southern states where football is rising in high school football players but not on the national average. According to Roger Blake who is the executive director of California Interscholastic Federation states that high school football programs are at a critical level on a national level.

27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not according to MMQB. There are a couple of southern states where football is rising in high school football players but not on the national average. According to Roger Blake who is the executive director of California Interscholastic Federation states that high school football programs are at a critical level on a national level.

They're are still well over a million high school football players 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am sure you are citing your sources correctly but that does not coincide with the actual numbers that are collected by National Federation of State High School Associations

They have tracked it since 1969.  The (11 man) football participants seemed to have peeked in the 2008/2009 seasons at 1,112,303 and then in the 2014/2015 season it was down to 1,083,617, so a pretty insignificant drop of about 2.5%  And it you look at the numbers through the years, it has leveled out to about the same as it has been since 2000.

I'm not surprised that California football programs are at a critical level, every government funded venture in California is at a critical level.  HS in CA need to quit spending $500 million + on new stadiums and $100 million weight rooms.

7 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I am sure you are citing your sources correctly but that does not coincide with the actual numbers that are collected by National Federation of State High School Associations

They have tracked it since 1969.  The (11 man) football participants seemed to have peeked in the 2008/2009 seasons at 1,112,303 and then in the 2014/2015 season it was down to 1,083,617, so a pretty insignificant drop of about 2.5%  And it you look at the numbers through the years, it has leveled out to about the same as it has been since 2000.

I'm not surprised that California football programs are at a critical level, every government funded venture in California is at a critical level.  HS in CA need to quit spending $500 million + on new stadiums and $100 million weight rooms.

He was talking about the future in case you missed it.    Actual data has no place in fortune telling

9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You sure you got the right state?     Are you thinking of perhaps, Texas?

I'm not saying something like this has not happened in California,  only that I'm unaware of it.

The *s who schools have spent $500 Mill on an actual high school.    In fact, in LA, they did it TWICE!!

And,  they also spent ONE BILLION DOLLARS on a school as well.     It's a long story,   but it actually happened.

The two $500 Mill schools came after the 1B school.      Incredible.

But on a stadium or weight room?      Can you provide a link?

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You sure you got the right state?     Are you thinking of perhaps, Texas?

I'm not saying something like this has not happened in California,  only that I'm unaware of it.

The *s who schools have spent $500 Mill on an actual high school.    In fact, in LA, they did it TWICE!!

And,  they also spent ONE BILLION DOLLARS on a school as well.     It's a long story,   but it actually happened.

The two $500 Mill schools came after the 1B school.      Incredible.

But on a stadium or weight room?      Can you provide a link?

No link sorry but when I lived out there there were several SD area schools that built $500 million plus dollar stadiums and one school was closing in on the Billion.  Yes it was for an entire sports complex not just football.

When I moved back to Kansas city I actually interviewed with a company that specializes in sports complexes for HS, college and Pros(their most famous one is Cowboys Stadium) and as they were selling me on the company one thing that was mentioned is the increase in nine figure HS stadiums, they saw that as the biggest growth area for the company for the next 5 years.

On 6/6/2016 at 9:01 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

Robots are great... until their eyes turn red and they try to enslave the human race to protect us from ourselves.

We're working on it. Start practicing genuflecting to your metal masters now. Not!