Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Tirico leaving MNF for NBC

RockThatBlue

Peyton Manning and Jon Gruden on MNF, now that would be something I would watch.

"Hey Jon, remember when I took you down on Monday Night, down by 21 with less than 5 minutes to go, you thought you had me, didn't you?" :)

On a serious note, I wonder if Brian Billick would be interested in teaming up with Jon. However, Michael Irvin would be more entertaining :)

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Peyton Manning and Jon Gruden on MNF, now that would be something I would watch.

"Hey Jon, remember when I took you down on Monday Night, down by 21 with less than 5 minutes to go, you thought you had me, didn't you?" :)

On a serious note, I wonder if Brian Billick would be interested in teaming up with Jon. However, Michael Irvin would be more entertaining :)

I would love a show with those two talking x's and o's.   

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Who does their radio broadcasts?

'Cause I'd hate to miss the game altogether (volume off, radio on).

Haven't cared about broadcasters since the last 3 who hosted MNF during my childhood in the 80's/90's (Al, Frank, Dan). 

I honestly could watch with no sound at this point, I usually do when Simms/Nance do our games.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I liked Tirico. I wonder who they will get to replace him?

I know he's very popular, but I don't like him. He just talks too much for me, and often about things that I really couldn't care less about. All his back-filler and fluff -- designed to make him sound smart and informed -- rubbed me the wrong way. 

I'm sure he'll take over for Al Michaels at some point, but I won't miss him in the meantime.

On April 26, 2016 at 7:02 AM, chad72 said:

Brian Billick and Jon Gruden can't team up -- they're both color analysts.   

The person that's missing,  is a play by play guy.    And ESPN has plenty of those.

Typically,  3 people is a crowded booth....  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Brian Billick and Jon Gruden can't team up -- they're both color analysts.   

The person that's missing,  is a play by play guy.    And ESPN has plenty of those.

Typically,  3 people is a crowded booth....  

Yeah they will need a Play-by-Play guy. Not sure who fits the mold for Monday Night Football? I only want 2 people in the booth as well, 3 is too many IMO. It worked with Cosell, Gifford, and Dandy Don but Dandy Don was a rare talent and funny so he didn't hurt things.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they will need a Play-by-Play guy. Not sure who fits the mold for Monday Night Football? I only want 2 people in the booth as well, 3 is too many IMO. It worked with Cosell, Gifford, and Dandy Don but Dandy Don was a rare talent and funny so he didn't hurt things.

I think one of the front runners is Sean McDonough.    Does baseball and basketball.   Fantastic voice and knows when to add drama and when to back off.     He's a good host and know hot to set-up his color man.    He doesn't get in the way of the game.

I'd be thrilled if he's the choice....

12 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Neither is a play by play guy.

Yeah,   I'm not talking about games.    I'm talking about a weekly show with just the 2 of them breaking down a few of the games from the previous week.  I don't care who does the games.

On 4/26/2016 at 1:37 PM, IinD said:

Haven't cared about broadcasters since the last 3 who hosted MNF during my childhood in the 80's/90's (Al, Frank, Dan). 

I honestly could watch with no sound at this point, I usually do when Simms/Nance do our games.

We got Frank and Al and Dan! Gone get this thing started!

I read earlier that he and Collinsworth are doing TNF this year. So in TNF on NBC now? And what happened to Al Michaels?