Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've been told to find a place for Robert Nkemdiche in round 1. Maybe even top 20. Some teams very comfortable with him - Matt Miller

Even if Nkemdiche is HATED by 31 teams,  it only takes one team to love him.

I'm guessing he doesn't get past Seattle.     If I did a mock,  that's who I think would take him,  and it's not hard for me to see another team higher than 27 grabbing the kid.     Too talented.    Someone will be willing to play the risk/reward game with him.

Y'know, the supreme confidence in judging the life choices made by 18-22 year old kids is a little stale.... for every Maurice Clarett, Matt Leinart, Demitrius Underwood, Lendale White red flag pick...... there is an equal red flag pick that ends up being Randy Moss, Warren Sapp, Michael Vick, Luis Castillo.....for every Marinovich there is a Marino....both had red flags........  And for the love of god, stop acting like Werner was a colossal reach by Grigson, he was mocked anywhere from pick 10 to beginning of the 2nd round that draft......  

The red flag players made mistakes, GM's make mistakes..... have either learned in this scenario?  The law of averages says one of either Nkemdiche or Spence will end up having a very, very solid pro career..... which one is it?  I dunno.....but so many act like they are both doomed..... it's silly.  a 50% hit rate isn't far off the hit rate for Non-Red Flag guys.......

15 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Y'know, the supreme confidence in judging the life choices made by 18-22 year old kids is a little stale.... for every Maurice Clarett, Matt Leinart, Demitrius Underwood, Lendale White red flag pick...... there is an equal red flag pick that ends up being Randy Moss, Warren Sapp, Michael Vick, Luis Castillo.....for every Marinovich there is a Marino....both had red flags........  And for the love of god, stop acting like Werner was a colossal reach by Grigson, he was mocked anywhere from pick 10 to beginning of the 2nd round that draft......  

The red flag players made mistakes, GM's make mistakes..... have either learned in this scenario?  The law of averages says one of either Nkemdiche or Spence will end up having a very, very solid pro career..... which one is it?  I dunno.....but so many act like they are both doomed..... it's silly.  a 50% hit rate isn't far off the hit rate for Non-Red Flag guys.......

Some research actually points to off-the-field red flag players being great value in the draft(i.e. they produce better than the players drafted at about the same range).

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Mike Vick?  Guy went to prison lol

13 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Mike Vick?  Guy went to prison lol

True, and he's a P0S for abusing those dogs. But he was a beast with Atlanta for 4-5 years. Then came back and probably had his best year with Philly along with a couple other good years with them. Then he just fell off a cliff a couple years ago.

22 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

True, and he's a P0S for abusing those dogs. But he was a beast with Atlanta for 4-5 years. Then came back and probably had his best year with Philly along with a couple other good years with them. Then he just fell off a cliff a couple years ago.

He was never a beast.  But even if you believe that, drafting him didn't work out so well for the team that drafted him.

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

The 1st rd hit rate is about 60% i recently read. Talking about guys that meet or exceed expectations i believe.
 So lol!

36 minutes ago, BOTT said:

He was never a beast.  But even if you believe that, drafting him didn't work out so well for the team that drafted him.

LOL.....seriously?  We must have different ideas of "working out"  I guarantee you no one in ATL regrets drafting Vick.  When all was said and done, they wished he hadn't screwed up so royally that they had to distance themselves completely from him, and he had to go to prison.  The sheer amount of money he made Arthur Blank and the Falcons is ridiculous.  I promise you his drafting isn't viewed by a mistake by any higher up or Owner in ATL......  statistically, yeah he was a fad..... but dang his merch sold well.

27 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The 1st rd hit rate is about 60% i recently read. Talking about guys that meet or exceed expectations i believe.
 So lol!

lol?  I guess you can quantify 10% margin of error as never being worth increased risk......  depends on floor and ceiling of the player in question I suppose..... so lol!

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

LOL.....seriously?  We must have different ideas of "working out"  I guarantee you no one in ATL regrets drafting Vick.  When all was said and done, they wished he hadn't screwed up so royally that they had to distance themselves completely from him, and he had to go to prison.  The sheer amount of money he made Arthur Blank and the Falcons is ridiculous.  I promise you his drafting isn't viewed by a mistake by any higher up or Owner in ATL......  statistically, yeah he was a fad..... but dang his merch sold well.

Well, drafting a QB #1 and only getting a few good seasons from him before he disgraced the franchise and went to prison isn't "working out" IMO.

and I doubt you can guarantee that.  All the merchandise money is shared with the other teams and is nothing more than play around money for a billionaire.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Vick was good enough they justified paying him 130 million at the time...... he was the face of the NFL, if you think that didn't generate revenue for the Falcons, I don't know what to tell you.....   Guess Manning never increased Irsay's business's value either.

Yes, because I clearly stated he didn't generate any money for the Falcons.  Exactly what I said........

Just now, Shafty138 said:

Vick was good enough they justified paying him 130 million at the time...... he was the face of the NFL, if you think that didn't generate revenue for the Falcons, I don't know what to tell you.....   Guess Manning never increased Irsay's business's value either.

He was a much better runner then QB. He was exciting because he could run....Play QB at the time? Not so much....And no he was never at any point worth 130 mill