Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BlueShoe’s Colts Mock (Post Rams Trade)

First Round #18

TRADE with New York Jets

New York Jets trade the 20th overall pick and the 83rd overall pick to Indianapolis for the 18th overall pick and a future 2017 Seventh Round Pick. With the 18th overall pick, the New York Jets select Paxton Lynch, quarterback, Memphis.

First Round #20

Ryan Kelly, Interior Offensive Lineman, Alabama

Solidifies the center of the offensive line over the next decade.

Second Round #48

Karl Joseph, Safety, West Virginia

Made from the same mold as Bob Sanders. A complete safety and ideal for our system. Can play in the box and also plays well in man overage. Punishes ball carriers (nicknamed The Hitman). The kind of traits Chuck Pagano will absolutely fall in love with.

Third Round #82

Kyler Fackrell, Rush Linebacker, Utah St.

Outstanding size for the position. Pro Day 3-cone (7.24). Plays against both the run and the pass very well.

Third Round #83

Joshua Perry, Inside Linebacker, Ohio St.

Over his last two seasons Perry finished his college career with 239 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, and 6 sacks.

Fourth Round #116

Willie Beavers, Right Guard, Western Michigan

We plug him in at Right Guard and never look back.

Fifth Round #155

Keith Marshall, Running Back, Georgia

Career was derailed by injury in sophomore season. Has the speed and the size coveted at the position. If not for injuries throughout his college career, then Marshall could be in the discussion as a first round pick. Pure breakaway speed. If he gets behind the defense, then it is over.

Seventh Round #239

Dean Lowry, 5 Technique Defensive End, Northwestern

Highly active player. Lowry has the Blue Traits that Grigson looks for. Under the radar player who has more tackles for loss than Joey Bosa.

#20 Ryan Kelly, Interior Offensive Lineman, Alabama
#48 Karl Joseph, Safety, West Virginia
#82 Kyler Fackrell, Rush Linebacker, Utah St.
#83 Joshua Perry, Inside Linebacker, Ohio St.
#116 Willie Beavers, Right Guard, Western Michigan
#155 Keith Marshall, Running Back, Georgia
#239 Dean Lowry, 5 Technique Defensive End, Northwestern

8 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Joseph will not make it to us at 48 if the medical check goes okay. We would either have to trade up in the second or take him in the first either at 18 or via trade back.

Just like Bob Sanders did not make it to us?

You can have an opinion, but to flat out say he will not make it to #48 - Well you just don't know. 

I gave it a lot of thought while creating this mock. I thought about moving up in the second, and decided I did not have to. I believe because of his recklessness (throwing his body around), injury concerns, and being undersized; he very well could make it to us at #48. 

I would take Dungy's advice. Remember when we drafted Bob Sanders and Bill Polian was worried? Polian wanted to trade up and Dungy kept telling Bill to wait. "He will be there." I think this is a similar situation. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

First Round #18

TRADE with New York Jets

New York Jets trade the 20th overall pick and the 83rd overall pick to Indianapolis for the 18th overall pick and a future 2017 Seventh Round Pick. With the 18th overall pick, the New York Jets select Paxton Lynch, quarterback, Memphis.

First Round #20

Ryan Kelly, Interior Offensive Lineman, Alabama

Solidifies the center of the offensive line over the next decade.

Second Round #48

Karl Joseph, Safety, West Virginia

Made from the same mold as Bob Sanders. A complete safety and ideal for our system. Can play in the box and also plays well in man overage. Punishes ball carriers (nicknamed The Hitman). The kind of traits Chuck Pagano will absolutely fall in love with.

Third Round #82

Kyler Fackrell, Rush Linebacker, Utah St.

Outstanding size for the position. Pro Day 3-cone (7.24). Plays against both the run and the pass very well.

Third Round #83

Joshua Perry, Inside Linebacker, Ohio St.

Over his last two seasons Perry finished his college career with 239 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, and 6 sacks.

Fourth Round #116

Willie Beavers, Right Guard, Western Michigan

We plug him in at Right Guard and never look back.

Fifth Round #155

Keith Marshall, Running Back, Georgia

Career was derailed by injury in sophomore season. Has the speed and the size coveted at the position. If not for injuries throughout his college career, then Marshall could be in the discussion as a first round pick. Pure breakaway speed. If he gets behind the defense, then it is over.

Seventh Round #239

Dean Lowry, 5 Technique Defensive End, Northwestern

Highly active player. Lowry has the Blue Traits that Grigson looks for. Under the radar player who has more tackles for loss than Joey Bosa.

#20 Ryan Kelly, Interior Offensive Lineman, Alabama
#48 Karl Joseph, Safety, West Virginia
#82 Kyler Fackrell, Rush Linebacker, Utah St.
#83 Joshua Perry, Inside Linebacker, Ohio St.
#116 Willie Beavers, Right Guard, Western Michigan
#155 Keith Marshall, Running Back, Georgia
#239 Dean Lowry, 5 Technique Defensive End, Northwestern

I love all the names,  but the trade is simply not realistic.

By the trade value chart, we can't get a 3 from the Jets for only dropping back 2 slots.

2 slots is worth just 50 points.    The 3rd round pick is worth something around 150 points.

The Jets 4th round pick might do it,   but its worth 58 points,  so we'd owe the Jets a couple of 7's.....

The trade chart is in this section under draft and free agency resources....  it's worth checking out.     Lots of good stuff in there....

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the trade value chart, we can't get a 3 from the Jets for only dropping back 2 slots.

2 slots is worth just 50 points.    The 3rd round pick is worth something around 150 points.

The Jets 4th round pick might do it,   but its worth 58 points,  so we'd owe the Jets a couple of 7's.....

The trade chart is in this section under draft and free agency resources....  it's worth checking out.     Lots of good stuff in there....

I am well aware of the "Jimmy Johnson" chart. Everyone knows about the chart, unless they have lived under a rock for the past 15 years. 

What would possess you to think you need to tell someone about the trade chart? Really? 

Did you know the NFL draft is an event where NFL teams select collegiate athletes and add them to teams? There is a draft order. Did you know that too? Would it be offensive if someone told you that as if you did not already know it? Stop it! You do this crap all the time. You do not need to explain anything to me. I am not asking for your help. I do not need it. I have followed every draft since the 80's. I got this.

My reasoning, and I should have pointed this out (for certain people) is "IF" Paxton Lynch is still on the board at #18 then our phone is going to start ringing off the hook, and that pick becomes more valuable. Not all trades are the same so not all go by the value chart. Look up the past few years and see if every trade falls within the specs of that chart. They don't always. 

I can see the Jets giving up more than the chart suggest, if they know we have other offers on the table. 

Although we would be moving back further, (according to the chart) Denver would be giving us a #31 (600), #63 (276), and a #136 (38) in exchange for our #18 (900) and next years seventh rounder (15). The Jets would have to compete with that. Its always going to be about supply and demand. The Jets could sell us on taking the third rounder and only moving back 2 spots. They get their quarterback and we win too. 

7 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I am well aware of the "Jimmy Johnson" chart. Everyone knows about the chart, unless they have lived under a rock for the past 15 years. 

What would possess you to think you need to tell someone about the trade chart? Really? 

Did you know the NFL draft is an event where NFL teams pick collegiate athletes to become a part of their team? Would it be offensive if someone told you that as if you did not already know it? Stop it! You do this crap all the time.

My reasoning, and I should have pointed it out was "IF" Paxton Lynch is still on the board at #18 then our phone is going to start ringing off the hook, and that pick becomes more valuable. Not all trades are the same so not all go by the value chart. Look up the past few years and see if every trade falls within the specs of that chart. They don't always. 

I can see the Jets giving up more than the chart suggest, if they know we have other offers on the table. 

Although we would be moving back further, Denver would be giving us a #1 (31), #2 (63), and a #4 (136) in exchange for out #18 (900) and Next years seventh rounder (15). The Jets would have to compete with that. Its always going to be about supply and demand. The Jets could sell us on taking the third rounder and only moving back 2 spots. They get their quarterback and we win too. 

I don't know who you are.     I don't know what you are.     

But there are plenty of people who don't know about the chart.     And since you proposed a ridiculous trade,  which I was kind enough NOT to point out,  I thought you were one of the ones who didn't know about it.

If you're under the impression here that everyone knows everything then you're kidding yourself.

Now that I know I rub you the wrong way,   I'll be happy not to respond to you and you can extend me the same courtesy.    I thought I was being polite in my response.      Apparently,  you couldn't recognize that.

I'm getting too old for this internet nonsense.     Thanks for nothing.....      Have a good life....

:peek:

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know who you are.     I don't know what you are.     

But there are plenty of people who don't know about the chart.     And since you proposed a ridiculous trade,  which I was kind enough NOT to point out,  I thought you were one of the ones who didn't know about it.

If you're under the impression here that everyone knows everything then you're kidding yourself.

Now that I know I rub you the wrong way,   I'll be happy not to respond to you and you can extend me the same courtesy.    I thought I was being polite in my response.      Apparently,  you couldn't recognize that.

I'm getting too old for this internet nonsense.     Thanks for nothing.....      Have a good life....

:peek:

Bye.

That piece of wood that you shut on your way out is called a door.

Thanks Mr. Obvious for everything. The forum would have never made it without your quick wit and teaching's about the draft trade chart. We never understood how to read it before you arrived. All this time (about 15 years) we had these numbers and never knew what they were. 

We never made the connection.

You're a Life Saver!

11 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Bye.

That piece of wood that you shut on your way out is called a door.

Thanks Mr. Obvious for everything. The forum would have never made it without your quick wit and teaching's about the draft trade chart. We never understood how to read it before you arrived. All this time (about 15 years) we had these numbers and never knew what they were. 

We never made the connection.

You're a Life Saver!

Do you know who I am now MF?

No.     And I don't care to.      By the way,  the Trade Value chart was included by Superman in his comprehensive collection of links for the draft and free agency.     It's only been up a few years --- not 15.

Before it was posted in that collection,  most here had heard of it,  but were not really aware of it.   

But you're such a genius,  you already knew that.     That's why you proposed such a non-sensical trade.

And since you attacked me first....   this is all on you...

If you know me,  then you know I don't suffer fools easily.     You and I won't miss each other.

Hey,  my life is looking better every day!      

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.     And I don't care to.      By the way,  the Trade Value chart was included by Superman in his comprehensive collection of links for the draft and free agency.     It's only been up a few years --- not 15.

Before it was posted in that collection,  most here had heard of it,  but were not really aware of it.   

But you're such a genius,  you already knew that.     That's why you proposed such a non-sensical trade.

And since you attacked me first....   this is all on you...

If you know me,  then you know I don't suffer fools easily.     You and I won't miss each other.

Hey,  my life is looking better every day!      

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Go play in the street somewhere. 

The NFL draft chart has been discussed on NFL message boards ever since Jimmy Johnson waved it around on live TV. NFL Draft fans have been intrigued with it ever since. 

Trust me - NO ONE on this board needs you to tell them about the NFL draft chart.

34 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Go play in the street somewhere. 

The NFL draft chart has been discussed on NFL message boards ever since Jimmy Johnson waved it around on live TV. NFL Draft fans have been intrigued with it ever since. 

Trust me - NO ONE on this board needs you to tell them about the NFL draft chart.

Guess what......

YOU apparently do.     And you proved it by your post.

You're on a long, hot losing streak.....      do you want to continue or quit while you're way behind?

Your call.......

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Guess what......

YOU apparently do.     And you proved it by your post.

You're on a long, hot losing streak.....      do you want to continue or quit while you're way behind?

Your call.......

LOL.

We are a long way from anyone winning or losing.

I haven't been on here for months mostly because the mods don't like me but it is nice to see all the childish squabbling still runs rampant. I think your draft is ok but I would take Jack Conklin in the first and move Denzelle Goode to guard.

3 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I haven't been on here for months mostly because the mods don't like me but it is nice to see all the childish squabbling still runs rampant. I think your draft is ok but I would take Jack Conklin in the first and move Denzelle Goode to guard.

The mods don't like you? The only time I have any problem with the mods is when I push or go over the line with the rules.

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

If Conklin is there then I would take him over Kelly too.

I have always heard from former front office people the few weeks leading up to the NFL draft is considered mostly smoke. We can't believe any of it. However, several media rankings have moved Conklin up and some have him as high as Stanley now. 

3 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Wow...

Watch out people Mock Draft Rage is on the rise.

Did you hear about that new Draft Value Chart?

Yeah. Our NewColtsFan informed me about it last night.

Interesting stuff. Must read.

Who would have thought that Jimmy Johnson would have given us the keys to the draft several years ago, and we just did not know how to use it.

I am just thankful for people like NewColtsFan who take the time to explain stuff to us mere mortals. 

19 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Did you hear about that new Draft Value Chart?

Yeah. Our NewColtsFan informed me about it last night.

Interesting stuff. Must read.

Who would have thought that Jimmy Johnson would have given us the keys to the draft several years ago, and we just did not know how to use it.

I am just thankful for people like NewColtsFan who take the time to explain stuff to us mere mortals. 

Whine about NewColtsFan while you yourself are pushing buttons too? That makes you just as bad as what you are complaining about him IMO.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Whine about NewColtsFan while you yourself are pushing buttons too? That makes you just as bad as what you are complaining about him IMO.

It might. You're probably right. 

However, he is going to get the point. And hopefully it teaches him to quit the condescending remarks to everyone. It is not just me. I have read several of his responses to others too. Maybe he will lose the know-it-all attitude and start talking to people like they're actual human beings who just want to discuss the Colts. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

It might. You're probably right. 

However, he is going to get the point. And hopefully it teaches him to quit the condescending remarks to everyone. It is not just me. I have read several of his responses to others too. Maybe he will lose the know-it-all attitude and start talking to people like they're actual human beings who just want to discuss the Colts. 

You take this way too serious. Not everyone is going to like or get along with everybody any of the time. I am sure there are a lot more important things in your life than to worry about anything said in this forum. Having a problem with someone doesn't get any better when you push the buttons to make it continue.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

You take this way too serious. Not everyone is going to like or get along with everybody any of the time. I am sure there are a lot more important things in your life than to worry about anything said in this forum. Having a problem with someone doesn't get any better when you push the buttons to make it continue.

Sometimes the issue needs to be brought to the table so it can be resolved. 

Most of the time I just act like I did not even see the insult and move on. This time I decided not to.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Sometimes the issue needs to be brought to the table so it can be resolved. 

Most of the time I just act like I did not even see the insult and move on. This time I decided not to.

If you go back and reread your comments you were passing out the insults just as well. Maybe it's time to let it go and move on? An exciting time is just around the corner and wasting time with stuff like this gets all of us nowhere.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you go back and reread your comments you were passing out the insults just as well. Maybe it's time to let it go and move on? An exciting time is just around the corner and wasting time with stuff like this gets all of us nowhere.

If its wasting time then why are you wasting your time?

My point is reaching its target.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course the trade value chart CAN be thrown out the window if a Team wants a QB and is afraid of losing him to another interested party. See Rams. ;-) 

10 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Did you know the NFL draft is an event where NFL teams select collegiate athletes and add them to teams? There is a draft order. Did you know that too? Would it be offensive if someone told you that as if you did not already know it? Stop it! You do this crap all the time. You do not need to explain anything to me. I am not asking for your help. I do not need it. I have followed every draft since the 80's. I got this.

My reasoning, and I should have pointed this out (for certain people) is "IF" Paxton Lynch is still on the board at #18 then our phone is going to start ringing off the hook, and that pick becomes more valuable. Not all trades are the same so not all go by the value chart. Look up the past few years and see if every trade falls within the specs of that chart. They don't always. 

Although we would be moving back further, (according to the chart) Denver would be giving us a #31 (600), #63 (276), and a #136 (38) in exchange for our #18 (900) and next years seventh rounder (15). The Jets would have to compete with that. Its always going to be about supply and demand. The Jets could sell us on taking the third rounder and only moving back 2 spots. They get their quarterback and we win too. 

Exactly! Just what i`m looking for.
 Of course i would trade back another time or two to get more early in the round pics. 3rd, 4th,5th. Load up!
 Because we are Holey! ;-)  Go Colts

53 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Of course the trade value chart CAN be thrown out the window if a Team wants a QB and is afraid of losing him to another interested party. See Rams. ;-) 

Yes,  it can.   It's not set in stone.

But I don't think yesterday's Rams-Titans deal is a good example.    Depending on how you score it,  it can match up rather well.  (or not)

I really like the draft! As far as the trade and the meaning of the chart, if the pick is for a QB in the first round, then the chart is a guideline imho. Simple supply/demand with QB's, especially if Denver wanted to move up, then the pot would have to be sweetened.

I think their were other teams wanting Tenn. 1st, thus why they got so much. Regardless, these are only my pure opinions, and not gospel. If you don't agree, that is what America is about, but fair and friendly discourse is nice.