Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Four round mock by NFL.com

Here's the link for anyone that wants to read the whole thing:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000643905/article/fourround-mock-40-cowboys-land-bosa-henry

I'd really like Correa in the second, but he's the only pick from here that I'd really like. I'd rather take Noah Spence or Mackensie Alexander in the first, Nick Martin, Carl Nassib, and Xavien Howard are available in the third, and Adolphus Washington or Deiondre' Hall would be good picks in the fourth.

Just now, SuperJoe33 said:

I like your mock except for the wide receiver.   And now being picky I think you might be able to get Booker in the 4th round and get a CB in the 3rd round. Just a thought

its not my mock, it was done by nfl.com

I like it, and it seems like the most realistic one they've mocked so far for us. Not big on the WR but kinda looks like a Moncreif clone. I'd rather pick a WR in the 6th or an UDFA since we only have 4 WR including Bray

Well, I'm going to go against the trend and say that we should draft Ryan Kelly in Rd 1 and Cody Whitehair in Rd 2.

I know everyone is saying we have to go edge rusher based on what Von Miller did in the SB, but I reckon what he did in the SB emphasises the greater need to protect the Franchise QB.  Let's build a wall that, even the best pass rushers can't breach.  If we can keep Luck upright, and provide a top tier O-line, we end up with a much better running game, and a QB that tears up the opposition.  Imagine what guys like TY and Dorsett will do if their QB has plenty of protection, and time, to get the ball downfield.  Kelly and Whitehair would be instant impact starters

In Rd 3 I would draft Xavien Howard--physical guy who would give our secondary some mongrel.

In Rd 4--Kyler Fackrell--athletic OLB who will be a more than adequate pass rusher

1 hour ago, twfish said:

I like it, and it seems like the most realistic one they've mocked so far for us. Not big on the WR but kinda looks like a Moncreif clone. I'd rather pick a WR in the 6th or an UDFA since we only have 4 WR including Bray

Agreed. I like Ricardo Louis, but not in round 4 for us. Cody Core in round 7 would be a great WR to look at. We have way too many holes, and need to retool a defense and offensive line with our top picks.

8 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

I would cry!

I would take a baseball bat in my back yard and beat the crap out of some trees LOL. But in all seriousness. That would be a terrible draft. And I would be furious. It should look more like.....

1) Floyd EDGE

2) Martin C

3) Garnett G

4) Dixon RB

15 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

A draft like this would.be realistic?

1st: Andrew Billings;

2nd: Scooby whrite III;

3rd: Carl Nassib;

4th: Paul Perkins.

5th: Evan Bhoem.

What ya'll think

I would actually love this. Only thing is I think I don't like the scheme fit with Carl Nassib. Plus that would mean our only O lineman would be a 5th round centre. I think if you swap Nassib with Garnett, then it would be a really good draft.

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I would take a baseball bat in my back yard and beat the crap out of some trees LOL. But in all seriousness. That would be a terrible draft. And I would be furious. It should look more like.....

1) Floyd EDGE

2) Martin C

3) Garnett G

4) Dixon RB

I could be wrong, but it seems like the Colts drafted a thin fast pass rusher from Georgia during the Peyton days and he was a bust.  Everytime a scout talks about Floyd, I think of that and it scares me away.  

5 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I could be wrong, but it seems like the Colts drafted a thin fast pass rusher from Georgia during the Peyton days and he was a bust.  Everytime a scout talks about Floyd, I think of that and it scares me away.  

That has nothing to do with Floyd. Floyd has the potential to be a dominant pass rusher IMO. I'd be good with Floyd or Lawson, but I really want Spence.

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I would actually love this. Only thing is I think I don't like the scheme fit with Carl Nassib. Plus that would mean our only O lineman would be a 5th round centre. I think if you swap Nassib with Garnett, then it would be a really good draft.

I just like Nassib alot . I think he can add more bulk and be a future replacemant for Langford. But Garnett would be nice.

I also think we will sign Wienewski. So Bhoem would sit behind him for 1 or 2 seanson. Then get the starting hole.

not a fan of Decker at #1 unless we move him to guard, love Correa at #2, if he falls that far WOW, and there is abslutely 0% chance we go RB WR in 3 and 4, if we do i will be absolutely speechless, and again with this type situation we almost certainly will have Geathers and Smith as Day 1 starter which im not sure how i feel about, but it is looking like it could very well be the case.

1 hour ago, crestmount said:

the NFL mock, which I based my thoughts has Garnett going in Rd 1

It's possible,  but not likely.....

Garnett feels very 2nd round to me...   and if not there,  more likely 3rd round than 1st.     And I'm a Stanford fan, and like Garnett a lot.

For whatever it's worth,  the 4-round mock by the OP is NOT his mock, but a mock from NFL.com

And I think it's the 3rd mock of this type they've done.    I think they're doing a new one roughly every week to 10 days.     So there will be many more before the draft.......

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's possible,  but not likely.....

Garnett feels very 2nd round to me...   and if not there,  more likely 3rd round than 1st.     And I'm a Stanford fan, and like Garnett a lot.

Hey NCF I forgot you're a Stanford guy. I like Garnett a lot. I see him as being a beast run blocker who has a little work to do in pass pro. Is that accurate? I do think he's going to end up being a very, very good starting guard for a long time and I think he's a guy who'll come in and start and play well from day 1 on. I don't really think his issues in pass pro are too big a deal, and I think they will be worked out with a good coaching staff. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Hey NCF I forgot you're a Stanford guy. I like Garnett a lot. I see him as being a beast run blocker who has a little work to do in pass pro. Is that accurate? I do think he's going to end up being a very, very good starting guard for a long time and I think he's a guy who'll come in and start and play well from day 1 on. I don't really think his issues in pass pro are too big a deal, and I think they will be worked out with a good coaching staff. Thoughts?

Your thoughts are basically my thoughts....    

Josh is a good to very good guard,  but he's not great guard.    I don't see him as a 1st round pick.     I don't think Whitehair is either.       He's a good guy and will be good in the locker room and the community.      A solid player.      If he's not ready to go Week 1 of his rookie year,  I don't think it will take too much longer before he is ready.....     He doesn't have as much familiarity with ZBS,  he's mostly been man/power.     But I'm sure he'll get up to speed soon enough....

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your thoughts are basically my thoughts....    

Josh is a good to very good guard,  but he's not great guard.    I don't see him as a 1st round pick.     I don't think Whitehair is either.       He's a good guy and will be good in the locker room and the community.      A solid player.      If he's not ready to go Week 1 of his rookie year,  I don't think it will take too much longer before he is ready.....     He doesn't have as much familiarity with ZBS,  he's mostly been man/power.     But I'm sure he'll get up to speed soon enough....

Cool. From what I understand he's a very good, intelligent kid. So that should only help him max out his potential.

7 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Here's what I hope plays out....

1) Noah Spence EDGE

2) Nick Martin C

3) Josh Garnett G

4) Karl Joseph S

5) Matt Judon EDGE

7) Alex McCalister EDGE

I absolutely love your first 4 picks. That would be picture perfect. I've never heard of Judon or McCalister, so I honestly don't know if they are good or not. I would take the first 4 if offered though, that would be a tremendous upgrade to the team.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I absolutely love your first 4 picks. That would be picture perfect. I've never heard of Judon or McCalister, so I honestly don't know if they are good or not. I would take the first 4 if offered though, that would be a tremendous upgrade to the team.

Check out Judon and McCalister. They're the 2 late round pass rushers I really like. Both have a lot of raw potential. If McCalister's career had gone different we may be talking about him as a 1st-2nd rounder. Judon's a small school kid with monster production.

Sounds good, I'll give them a look. Your draft makes up for not taking an O-Lineman in round 1 and makes it look excellent in rounds 2 and 3. You got me on board to take either Floyd or Spence. The only thing I'd change is I would take an rb in either the 5th or 7th round to split time with Gore and only take 1 late edge rusher. I can't stand our running game right now with just Gore, and we can easily get a start material guy in the 5th or 7th. Might be a better use of a pick for us. Someone like Aaron Green or Tre Madden in the 7th could be beneficial.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Cool. From what I understand he's a very good, intelligent kid. So that should only help him max out his potential.

Super intelligent.    He and Michael Rechtor both want to be doctors.    They're currently doing stem cell research!       And Josh eventually wants to be a trauma surgeon!     Can't believe he puts his hands at risk playing football if he wants to be a surgeon....     but,  go figure?!?

He'll help whatever team drafts him....

19 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Here's what I hope plays out....

1) Noah Spence EDGE

2) Nick Martin C

3) Josh Garnett G

4) Karl Joseph S

5) Matt Judon EDGE

7) Alex McCalister EDGE

i dont know if Garnett falls to us in the 3rd but if he does love your top 3, i have wanted Spence and Martin 1 and 2 since the end of the season, even though Spence's value has seemed to fallen quite a bit i still think if he is there at 18 we have got to take a chance on him

I don't mind the first 2 picks, but I almost feel like it's hard for Grigson to foul up the first two rounds. There are a bunch of guys... If we grab a Tackle in the first, it should solidify two O-Line positions because we can move Reitz to guard if need be. I'm not huge on starting rookies on the O-Line, but this looks to be where we are at now, folks.

I'd like to see it fall where we can go Corner, Edge, Center in the first 3 rounds... In that scenario, Correa in the second works nicely... Of course, they could pick a guy like Spence or Floyd in the first and still get a solid corner in the second, I'd wager. There should still be a good center on the board where we pick in the 3rd or even 4th rounds. 

15 hours ago, crestmount said:

Well, I'm going to go against the trend and say that we should draft Ryan Kelly in Rd 1 and Cody Whitehair in Rd 2.

I know everyone is saying we have to go edge rusher based on what Von Miller did in the SB, but I reckon what he did in the SB emphasises the greater need to protect the Franchise QB.  Let's build a wall that, even the best pass rushers can't breach.  If we can keep Luck upright, and provide a top tier O-line, we end up with a much better running game, and a QB that tears up the opposition.  Imagine what guys like TY and Dorsett will do if their QB has plenty of protection, and time, to get the ball downfield.  Kelly and Whitehair would be instant impact starters

In Rd 3 I would draft Xavien Howard--physical guy who would give our secondary some mongrel.

In Rd 4--Kyler Fackrell--athletic OLB who will be a more than adequate pass rusher

The Colts have needed an edge rusher for the past two years, it has nothing to do with what Von Miller did in the playoffs.

I am really starting to like Eli Apple, CB from Ohio State. He has great size and tremendous athleticism. He is a bump and run corner with TONS of upside. 

I am hoping Ryan Kelly will last until the 2nd round, otherwise I would be happy with Nick Martin. I do not see Correa making it to our pick in the 2nd round. 

In the 3rd round, I like Kyler Fackrell, LB from Utah State. He will be two years removed from an ACL tear. He can play either inside or outside. 

In the 4th round, I like Cyrus Jones, CB from Alabama. He seems like he could become a Chris Harris type corner. He is shorter, but is fast and has the potential to become a good corner. Plus, he could be a really good return man.