Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh McNary

AKB

he is from Army, has played for us on and off for a few years, was investigated for rape or assault cant remember so we released him, was cleared of his charges so we brought him back. Played situation LBer for us late in the season last year and stunk up the place, he is depth if that. Im not sure what his contract is but he is cheap. IMO not good and would rather Herrera or Sylvestre take his spot on the roster 

7 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

He made it to the NFL, I'd say trash is a little overboard. 

Well at least I considered him something  lol I could just be petty and say he doesn't exist? But yeah his play is trash I should say instead

9 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

i know he is a linebacker, wish i could remember what game it was. But I think he played a couple snaps at NT near the goalline in a game where we were badly injured on defense.

Uhh, no.

McNary was a rookie several years ago and was older because he had to serve his military commitment.  He showed promise, but as he was inserted into the lineup at ILB, he really did not play well.  I expect him to not make the team next season.

15 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

i know he is a linebacker, wish i could remember what game it was. But I think he played a couple snaps at NT near the goalline in a game where we were badly injured on defense.

14 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Probably some kind of goaline blitz.  

this

7 hours ago, will426 said:

Well at least I considered him something  lol I could just be petty and say he doesn't exist? But yeah his play is trash I should say instead

I dunno I guess I just don't feel like someone who did military service for his country should be called trash, deserves at least some respect. Yah he's not a superstar but hes a good special teams contributor.  Not everyone on the roster has to be a pro bowler. 

11 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I dunno I guess I just don't feel like someone who did military service for his country should be called trash, deserves at least some respect. Yah he's not a superstar but hes a good special teams contributor.  Not everyone on the roster has to be a pro bowler. 

Hey hey now I wasn't judging what he does off the field I respect that but he just hasn't been the slight bit good when given the opportunity  but I understand where you're coming from

15 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

Im scratching my head wondering how a Colts fan does not know who McNary is? After 3 years of being on the team and quite a bit of playing time here and there, sheesh.. But not a very good player, easily replaceable.

not everyone follows the roster as closely as some of us

I think that team management likes the young depth at ILB, which is why they moved on from Freeman.  I'm talking about Moore, Irving, Herrera, and Junior Sylvestre (Toledo), who was a college FA from last year that I was pretty excited about.  McNary is just another such possibility, though more of a known quantity (ST player who is okay as an emergency option at ILB).