Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why not try and sign Marshall Lynch?

Just now, krunk said:

Oh God just stop Jshipp!  It's too early for all this stuff bro

You wouldn't want a gore,  Lynch combo? I'd rather snag Proscise in 3rd or 4th for $$ reasons ...We sign Mack.in FA our oline won't be a joke I love Goode and Thornton esp run blocking..

Just now, jshipp23 said:

You wouldn't want a gore,  Lynch combo? I'd rather snag Proscise in 3rd or 4th for $$ reasons ...We sign Mack.in FA our oline won't be a joke I love Goode and Thornton esp run blocking..

The man is retiring from a team that goes to the playoffs and twice the Super Bowl every year. So he's going to come out of retirement to play for the Colts for what?  If he's going to leave all of that he's gone.  Second of all it's been made clear by Irsay that we need to get younger so I don't think our backfield is going to be lead by a 30 year old who was just out for much of the season injured and a 33 year old who was clearly beat up as the season wore on.  

Lynch would be a nice addition, but there are a lot of factors to consider.

1. How much money will he want?  He was apparently unhappy with his last contract, and that paid him something like $9 mil a year.

2. He's coming off an injury-riddled season.  At his age, with the type of runner he is, you'd need a very capable backup ready at all times.

3. How would be fit into the offense with our new blocking scheme?

4. If he's set to retire now, will his heart really be in it, or will he be playing just to collect weekly game cheques?

I would have loved to see Lynch in Indy in his prime, but I don't think we should make a move for him now

Seattle owns his rights. The guy has to pay back a signing bonus just to retire....he ain't playing. He has told many people he hasn't spent a single dime from any of his contracts (roughly $59 million). He has only spent his endorsement money. Sorry I don't think this guy is coming back....and again..he would have to get cut by Seattle to even be a FA.

On February 8, 2016 at 1:48 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Lynch would be a nice addition, but there are a lot of factors to consider.

1. How much money will he want?  He was apparently unhappy with his last contract, and that paid him something like $9 mil a year.

2. He's coming off an injury-riddled season.  At his age, with the type of runner he is, you'd need a very capable backup ready at all times.

3. How would be fit into the offense with our new blocking scheme?

4. If he's set to retire now, will his heart really be in it, or will he be playing just to collect weekly game cheques?

I would have loved to see Lynch in Indy in his prime, but I don't think we should make a move for him now

Unless we can pay Lynch in Skittles vs cold hard cash, you're right 21. Not a wise decision given Beast Mode's age, wear & tear, & "I'm just here so I won't get fined" press conferences.