Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congratulations to Peyton and Broncos

danlhart87

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just over the moon & ecstatic for "The Sheriff" right now. I knew the Broncos defense was gonna make all the Denver doubters eat their words. I'm also happy for Gramz, Jvan, FX Stryker, Susie Q, Bayone, & The Peytonator who knew Peyton would emerge victorious as well. 

2006CBE & I knew all this talk that the Broncos had no shot was just crazy too. We called it bro! SW1 is giving you a high 5 online as we speak. :thmup:

You deserve this Yoda. The smartest football player of my generation at the line of scrimmage. You deserve all the praise you get Peyton. And Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, & CJ Anderson I could kiss you man. You guys were absolute studs tonight. Bravo gentlemen Bravo! 

I so wanted Micheal Irvin & Deion Sanders to eat crow tonight. Yet again, these 2 bafoons who always think they are never wrong tried to act like the Broncos was their SB pick all along...Yeah right, INDY fans & Broncos fans know the truth. Just sayin'. 

2 time SB Champion, 5 time MVP, & the only QB in NFL history to win a ring with 2 different franchises. Hades yeah baby! 

4 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes, congrats to Peyton, von Miller and the rest of the Broncos

Thanks Yehoodi. This is why I admire you so much as a regular on the Colts Forum. You do the right thing when your Patriots don't win it all at the end of the NFL season, you are always gracious with your kind complements, & you still contribute here weekly deciding not to disappear if your favorite squad comes up just a tad short in the playoffs. 

You're my kind of guy man. Thanks for the class you always show Peyton, me, & numerous other football fans on here. 

The best part of this 24-10 victory tonight is that it permanently erases the bitter taste in so many fans mouths of 43-8 in 2013 vs the Seahawks. That loss is forever dissolved now because Peyton & the D gets to ride off a winner.

So it shall be written; So it shall be done. SW1 drops the microphone & strolls confidently out of the room. Nothing more needs to be said. 

Mike Silver, a reporter on NFL Network, had a really nice TV feature on Peyton Manning's legacy & how this season unfolded in Colorado. I hope it becomes an integral part of 18's HOF induction ceremony in 5 years when Peyton gets his bust & yellow jacket. 

I want nothing but the best for you Manning. I will miss seeing you in your heyday, 2004-2009, but I admire you for how smoothly you handled adversity this year. When Jeff Saturday hugged you on the field after your 2nd Championship win, I darn near cried. Yes, I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that publicly too.  

Maybe this is the wrong time to ask this question, but what do you think owner Jim Irsay is thinking at this very moment? Euphoria over drafting him or a slight hint of regret over releasing him following the 2011 season?

Yeah, I know Denver's defense sealed the deal tonight but still, Peyton is getting the last laugh right now. Well, what do ya know, 18 was right. Peyton could still play ball. :D 

Soooo happy for Peyton! My wife and I were saying all year, if the Colts couldn't make it, would love to see Peyton get another ring. Dream come true!

No one will ever know, but how many rings would Peyton have, if he had comparable defenses his whole career? (And a kicker who actually made the clutch kicks, instead of Vandershank).

Love ya Peyton!

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Mike Silver, a reporter on NFL Network, had a really nice TV feature on Peyton Manning's legacy & how this season unfolded in Colorado. I hope it becomes an integral part of 18's HOF induction ceremony in 5 years when Peyton gets his bust & yellow jacket. 

I want nothing but the best for you Manning. I will miss seeing you in your heyday, 2004-2009, but I admire you for how smoothly you handled adversity this year. When Jeff Saturday hugged you on the field after your 2nd Championship win, I darn near cried. Yes, I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that publicly too.  

Great Line , I was half out of it on my meds and unfortunately missed that & then so happy I wonder if I even slept

Tell ya my heart was beating so fast Ii was like pacemaker was kick starting it constantly

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Maybe this is the wrong time to ask this question, but what do you think owner Jim Irsay is thinking at this very moment? Euphoria over drafting him or a slight hint of regret over releasing him following the 2011 season?

Yeah, I know Denver's defense sealed the deal tonight but still, Peyton is getting the last laugh right now. Well, what do ya know, 18 was right. Peyton could still play ball. :D 

That is a fantastic question especially after the "Star Wars numbers" comment.

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

54 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

That is a fantastic question especially after the "Star Wars numbers" comment.

He's probably thinking he & Polian never built a proprt team around him and purely put it all on his shoulders & that was their mistake , it will Give Irsay, Grigson, Chuck pause on what to build around luck

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

It is absolutely the wrong time to ask this question.  His biggest regret likely has something to do with not having the pieces around Peyton enough times to get more than one SB, but should have nothing to do with releasing him when he did.  It was the right decision then, it is the right decision now. 

We're a good 10-12 years away from knowing whether he made the right decision, most likely.  A lot of Colts "fans" (not so much here, but on other platforms) are making me sick today with the "Peyton sure showed Irsay" nonsense.  What's to gain from that line of thinking?  It certainly reinforces a lot of stereotypes about Indianapolis sports fans, that's for sure. 

28 minutes ago, bayone said:

He's probably thinking he & Polian never built a proprt team around him and purely put it all on his shoulders & that was their mistake , it will Give Irsay, Grigson, Chuck pause on what to build around luck

THIS.  This is a teaching moment for Colts ownership and management. 

This is 1 of the few sites that just doesn't work well on my phone so I wasn't in and out throughout the playoffs (on my Uncle's comp now). Have any Pats fans resurfaced here? I almost want them to come back and be all "well this really doesn't count because Peyton fumbled twice in the 4th quarter which would have led to 2 touchdowns before the 2 point conversion yap yap yap yap yap Brady never had any top defenses."

Just pre ordered

1 of 18 edition  as noted on the SB 50 LOGO  ball

Peyton Manning signed & Inscribed

SB 50 Champs

2/7/16

San Fran

Den 24- Car 10

Of course comes with Denver SB champ case and a plaque saying only QB  with 2 SB wins with 2 teams  

58 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

This is 1 of the few sites that just doesn't work well on my phone so I wasn't in and out throughout the playoffs (on my Uncle's comp now). Have any Pats fans resurfaced here? I almost want them to come back and be all "well this really doesn't count because Peyton fumbled twice in the 4th quarter which would have led to 2 touchdowns before the 2 point conversion yap yap yap yap yap Brady never had any top defenses."

Well, that argument wouldn't really work since Brady did have really good defenses for his early Super Bowls. In 2001 he had a top 6, 2003 they had #1, 2004 #2, and had a top 5 in 2007 when they lost. In 2011, they had a very average defense, but they had a top 8 when they won it all last year. 

From profootball-reference.com

I am am looking at that from a scoring defense perspective of course, but this shows that Brady has had good defenses and won his titles with total team effort. HeHasn't had to do it by himself as Pats' fans' revisionist history would have us believe.

58 minutes ago, bayone said:

Just pre ordered

SB 50 Champs

2/7/16

San Fran

Den 24- Car 10

Of course comes with Denver SB champ case and a plaque saying only QB  with 2 SB wins with 2 teams  

Wish   Case  said Indy Colts SB 50 Champs & Peyton inscribed besides the above  Go Golts instead of  Go Broncos,  

he will always be a colt to me

1 hour ago, bayone said:

Just pre ordered

SB 50 Champs

2/7/16

San Fran

Den 24- Car 10

link?

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Congratulations to Peyton and the Broncos!  His 200th win is a Super Bowl win! Nice weekend for Colts fans!

I thought it was a really cool stat when Jim Nantz brought up in the 200th quarter of the Super Bowl, Manning could get his 200th win.  Also, very appropriate for Nantz and Simms to be calling, what should be Manning's last game.   I am glad Manning went out a winner.  

19 minutes ago, ColtsRule815 said:

Congratulations to Peyton, I am so happy for you.  Now, PLEASE retire as a Colt.

Not a big deal if he doesn't at this point. With this win he is allowed to leave the game rather than the game leave him. Just leave the way you should, which is on top right now.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

link?

My friend there isnt a link as only is called a custom item  &  not on web site but

here is person who helped me  Michael tanella

Personally his # is

305 340-2735

company 800-689-2001

here is link for Peytons Denver Balls  the above 800 #is at bottom  of web site

, have many with just his name and SB  logo or his name inscribe sb 50 Champs & another with SBXLI / 50 Champs

and others on site

Reputable as got colts 41 SB MVP & a Unitras v47 consecutive TD completiuons etc game t hey inscribed from them

check out all items and give a call

Need to ask for that case & ask for a plague to attach to case to be thrown in free

case they adverise with balls is nice but generic

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/player/Peyton_Manning/autographed-footballs/

1 minute ago, bayone said:

My friend there isnt a link as only is called a custom item  &  not on web site but

here is person who helped me  Michael tanella

Personally his # is

305 340-2735

company 800-689-2001

here is link for Peytons Denver Balls above 800 #is at bottom  , have many with just his name and SB logo or his name inscribe sb 50 Champs & another with SBXLI / 50 Champs

and others on site

Reputable as got colts 41 he inscribed from them

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/player/Peyton_Manning/autographed-footballs/

Thanks for the info. My friend worked for sports memorobilia and said not all of it is legit. I'll be ordering the DVD for sure and maybe a couple other items for my man cave like the championship bobblehead from clarktoys.com. I want his jersey but the ones they are selling on nfl website are screen printed and the white one is an all white one, the youth one is the legit one but its a youth size.

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Thanks for the info. My friend worked for sports memorobilia and said not all of it is legit. I'll be ordering the DVD for sure and maybe a couple other items for my man cave like the championship bobblehead from clarktoys.com. I want his jersey but the ones they are selling on nfl website are screen printed and the white one is an all white one, the youth one is the legit one but its a youth size.

Not sure when u worked for them, they are actually now branch of Fanatics Authentic that bought out mounted memories - each has own site with different phone #'s, I called all and all said same about said ball, know u can    put in  as did in past hologram # on website and get Verification of what that hologram is for

same footballs advertised on other sites and all have different phone #'s and caled to make sure as said above, bye

9 minutes ago, bayone said:

Not sure when u worked for them, they are actually now branch of Fanatics Authentic that bought out mounted memories - each has own site with different phone #'s, I called all and all said same about said ball, know u can    put in  as did in past hologram # on website and get Verification of what that hologram is for

same footballs advertised on other sites and all have different phone #'s and caled to make sure as said above, bye

My friend worked for them in Miami and was saying like some of the memorobilia was fake but that was before it was bought out by fanatics. Im def gonna get some balls from here some day when i have the money. thank you for sharing

3 hours ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

Well, that argument wouldn't really work since Brady did have really good defenses for his early Super Bowls. In 2001 he had a top 6, 2003 they had #1, 2004 #2, and had a top 5 in 2007 when they lost. In 2011, they had a very average defense, but they had a top 8 when they won it all last year. 

From profootball-reference.com

I am am looking at that from a scoring defense perspective of course, but this shows that Brady has had good defenses and won his titles with total team effort. HeHasn't had to do it by himself as Pats' fans' revisionist history would have us believe.

You missed on the sarcasm.

9 minutes ago, bababooey said:

My friend worked for them in Miami and was saying like some of the memorobilia was fake but that was before it was bought out by fanatics. Im def gonna get some balls from here some day when i have the money. thank you for sharing

Thanks, Fanatics bought out alot of separate companies like fans edge too, I must go now, late Dr tonight , early 1 in AM

take care friend

9 hours ago, General_Hux said:

It is absolutely the wrong time to ask this question.  His biggest regret likely has something to do with not having the pieces around Peyton enough times to get more than one SB, but should have nothing to do with releasing him when he did.  It was the right decision then, it is the right decision now. 

We're a good 10-12 years away from knowing whether he made the right decision, most likely.  A lot of Colts "fans" (not so much here, but on other platforms) are making me sick today with the "Peyton sure showed Irsay" nonsense.  What's to gain from that line of thinking?  It certainly reinforces a lot of stereotypes about Indianapolis sports fans, that's for sure. 

Well, he did show him didn't he?

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:26 PM, VDB said:

Im so happy for Peyton, Ware, and our entire team!!! That sure was a great way to ride off into the sunset. Go Broncos!

Congrats bud! Considering you are a Broncos fan but I knew this would happen. You had one of the best Defenses ever + a Top 5 QB of all-time. I know Peyton didn't play his best but he didn't make any crucial mistakes either, even his INT didn't hurt Denver.