Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

if its peytons last rodeo....

bap1331

32 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

I doubt that matters not one bit. It wouldn't with me. The Colts discarded him like yesterday's rubbish. He will never forget that and he should not. I don't think he will ever have anything to do with the Colts again. If I were him, I would not trust them one bit.

Overly dramatic at all?  That was not the reality of the situation at all.  Some fans took it more personally and as a much bigger insult than Manning does.  I believe he probably can also see now in hindsight that the decision benefited him by extending his career ... He is surrounded by a much better team in Denver than he would have here, he would not have been able to endure even half the punishment Luck has taken and would likely have been forced to retire before now due to that punishment. 

I think he knows the fans and city love him and won't punish them even if he does hold a grudge against the Colts organization, but If he chooses to never associate with the Colts/Indy again over the decision they made under bad circumstances than he is a small vindictive man and not the high integrity guy that many believe him to be ... and if that's the case who care's what he does.  

Trust? What does that have to do with coming back to be inducted into the ring of honor, etc ... He's not coming back to work for the Colt's trust is not even an issue. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, esmort said:

Overly dramatic at all?  That was not the reality of the situation at all.  Some fans took it more personally and as a much bigger insult than Manning does.  I believe he probably can also see now in hindsight that the decision benefited him by extending his career ... He is surrounded by a much better team in Denver than he would have here, he would not have been able to endure even half the punishment Luck has taken and would likely have been forced to retire before now due to that punishment. 

I think he knows the fans and city love him and won't punish them even if he does hold a grudge against the Colts organization, but If he chooses to never associate with the Colts/Indy again over the decision they made under bad circumstances than he is a small vindictive man and not the high integrity guy that many believe him to be ... and if that's the case who care's what he does.  

Trust? What does that have to do with coming back to be inducted into the ring of honor, etc ... He's not coming back to work for the Colt's trust is not even an issue. 

I don't think I am overly dramatic. Peyton was on the sideline hearing the "Suck for Luck" chants. Well, the Colts got Luck and Peyton got cut. I would remember all of that if I were him. But, I already said that he is a better man than I am and perhaps he will come. I can assure you that I would not.

16 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I don't see it.  Peyton doesn't seem the coaching type.  

Theres a reason the TOP players don't coach after retirement. I think Peyton would get frustrated by players who don't have the drive and commitment.  Type A's like that can't understand anything but 200% effort.  Mike Singletary is the perfect example.

i see Peyton going into broadcasting before coaching.

i could see ownership or a gm role, but coaching?.....no.

Well, if peyton gets frustrated by players who don't have drive and commitment, shouldn't they not be on the colts team? Lol.

7 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I don't see where Peyton could have thought it was the best decision for both. He isn't going to retire a Colt either. He owes the Colts not one damned thing.

Drama queen much???  Peyton is certainly NOT going to retire as a Bronco, nor should he.  Peyton absolutely knows it was the best decision to let him go. None of us know the conversations that went on during that time, altho it has been stated that Peyton basically said Irsay was crazy to not draft Luck.

5 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Well, if peyton gets frustrated by players who don't have drive and commitment, shouldn't they not be on the colts team? Lol.

You missed the point.

its possible NO ONE has the drive of Manning, or are capable of it.

but you knew that.

On 1/31/2016 at 0:17 AM, bap1331 said:

Well, Jeff fisher does like peyton. Firing him didn't mean anything. He said it himself "my heart will always be with indianapolis..."

I have a feeling this was more of a PR move than an actual sentiment.

Don't get me wrong, he loved and loves the fans for all the appreciation over the years etc, but I doubt his heart is still with the franchise.

Put it this way, I'll be surprised if he does the whole sign a 1 day contract and then retire as a Colt.

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Don't get me wrong, he loved and loves the fans for all the appreciation over the years etc, but I doubt his heart is still with the franchise.

Put it this way, I'll be surprised if he does the whole sign a 1 day contract and then retire as a Colt.

He won't do that 1 day contract thing with us, he'll retire as a Bronco.  And we'll be lucky if we can get him back into the building for a Ring of Honor ceremony.  He knows what his legacy is with the fan base and I'd imagine he's happy enough with that legacy for it to stand on its own without him having to come back and do more. 

Colts fans desperately need to move on from Peyton Manning. They have morphed into the new post-Bob Knight IU basketball fans.

15 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I don't think I am overly dramatic. Peyton was on the sideline hearing the "Suck for Luck" chants. Well, the Colts got Luck and Peyton got cut. I would remember all of that if I were him. But, I already said that he is a better man than I am and perhaps he will come. I can assure you that I would not.

You do know that was a saying people said and was never really chanted at a game right?  

3 hours ago, Chucklez said:

He will come back and be honored by the Colts when they ask.  If for no other reason he will understand the PR aspect of it and that most of those things are for the fans.  If he turns those down he becomes the bad guy and Manning is too smart for that.  

43 minutes ago, General_Hux said:

He won't do that 1 day contract thing with us, he'll retire as a Bronco.  And we'll be lucky if we can get him back into the building for a Ring of Honor ceremony.  He knows what his legacy is with the fan base and I'd imagine he's happy enough with that legacy for it to stand on its own without him having to come back and do more. 

Colts fans desperately need to move on from Peyton Manning. They have morphed into the new post-Bob Knight IU basketball fans.

IU basketball fans still want Bobby Knight or someone like him to come back and coach,. I think Colts fans are happy with Andrew Luck.  They have gotten over that part of it.  Most have come to understand why the decision was made and that the Colts got it right across the board.

The whole honoring him stuff is Colts fans wanting to say thank you.  That will happen if for no other reason Manning is smart enough to understand if he starts saying no to that he becomes the bad guy and that most of that stuff is for the fans and him more than it is Irsay.  We just saw the Packers and Favre kiss and make up and they had much messer divorce than the Colts and Manning.  You have to be extremely bitter (like Bobby knight) to turn down being honored by someone and I don't think Manning is that bitter or has the personality to become the bad guy over something like that.  

As as for him coming back to run the Colts or coach the Colts I agree that's out there and isn't going to happen in all likely hood.

6 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

There were signs saying it.

You don't hear a sign and signs don't chant like you said and few fans with signs  who probably didn't fully realize what suck for luck truly meant at the time is a far cry from a majority which is what it would take for Peyton to have noticed on the sidelines.

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You don't hear a sign and signs don't chant like you said and few fans with signs  who probably didn't fully realize what suck for luck truly meant at the time is a far cry from a majority which is what it would take for Peyton to have noticed on the sidelines.

And you think he didn't notice all of that. I think people did chant "Suck for Luck" and he was well aware of it. I was well aware of it as a spectator. But feel free to believe anything you want. He won't be retiring as a Colt, I am very sure of that.

7 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

And you think he didn't notice all of that. I think people did chant "Suck for Luck" and he was well aware of it. I was well aware of it as a spectator. But feel free to believe anything you want. He won't be retiring as a Colt, I am very sure of that.

Peyton WILL be retiring as a Colt, I am very sure of that.

1 minute ago, Live and let live said:

No they didn't.  That is purely made up by you.  A few fans brought signs but fans were not openly chanting suck for luck and no a very small group of people who thought they were being funny doesn't count.  

I doubt he cared.  People used to openly talk trading Peyton for a defense from about 1998 - 2003 yet he re-signed here not once but twice.  Peyton Manning is not thin skinned enough to care about a minority of fans signs at a football game.  Honestly, knowing what I know about Peyton he is probably so wrapped up in the game to pay any attention to the crowd and what they are chanting let alone read a sign.  

2 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

That would be an insult to the fans in Denver.  Peyton would never do that. Denver took him on, paid him big money and let him come back from his injury. He will NOT be retiring as a Colt and he won't be signing a one day contract to do so.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No they didn't.  That is purely made up by you.  A few fans brought signs but fans were not openly chanting suck for luck and no a very small group of people who thought they were being funny doesn't count.  

I doubt he cared.  People used to openly talk trading Peyton for a defense from about 1998 - 2003 yet he re-signed here not once but twice.  Peyton Manning is not thin skinned enough to care about a minority of fans signs at a football game.  Honestly, knowing what I know about Peyton he is probably so wrapped up in the game to pay any attention to the crowd and what they are chanting let alone read a sign.  

OK, That Colts Gatorade is a pretty strong drink. We will see and I think you will be waiting for a very long time.

That would be an insult to the fans in Denver.  Peyton would never do that. Denver took him on, paid him big money and let him come back from his injury. He will NOT be retiring as a Colt and he won't be signing a one day contract to do so.

Why would it be an insult to Denver fans??  That's ridiculous. Peyton has only been in Denver 4 years.  It would be a bigger insult to the Indy fans for Peyton to retire as a bronco, which he will NOT do. Peyton will retire a Colt.

2 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

Why would it be an insult to Denver fans??  That's ridiculous. Peyton has only been in Denver 4 years.  It would be a bigger insult to the Indy fans for Peyton to retire as a bronco, which he will NOT do. Peyton will retire a Colt.

Keep dreaming and let me know when that happens. Good luck to you and Peyton. Go Broncos...

19 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I attended a few games that season and never heard any chant of that nature. Quite making stuff up. I do call making stuff up overly dramatic.

1 minute ago, JlynRN said:

Not to mention Bronco fans were openly calling for the backup to play early this year and yet somehow that won't bother Peyton but a made story about Colts fans chanting suck for luck at games will...

Peyton will be honored by both the Colts and Broncos (as he should be) and because he's the humble person he is he will probably gratefully accept.  

(For the record I am just building on what you said not disagreeing with what you said)

2 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

Keep dreaming and let me know when that happens. Good luck to you and Peyton. Go Broncos...

Aha it's clear to me now, you're a bronco troll, gotcha. Peyton will be a Colt for life. Once a Colt, always a Colt.

5 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

Aha it's clear to me now, you're a bronco troll, gotcha. Peyton will be a Colt for life. Once a Colt, always a Colt.

I am not a Bronco troll but I am a big fan and rooting for them this week. Peyton was not a Colts for life. He should have been. Did Marshall Faulk retire as a Colt? Peyton had the greatest year of his career in Denver and he is going to his second Super Bowl there. He will retire a Bronco in spite of what you claim. Why not start a thread and run a poll? Arguing between us will accomplish nothing. I will vote but I will not comment. Say what you want, I am done with this thread.

21 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I doubt that matters not one bit. It wouldn't with me. The Colts discarded him like yesterday's rubbish. He will never forget that and he should not. I don't think he will ever have anything to do with the Colts again. If I were him, I would not trust them one bit.

What planet are you from?

2 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

I am not a Bronco troll but I am a big fan and rooting for them this week. Peyton was not a Colts for life. He should have been. Did Marshall Faulk retire as a Colt? Peyton had the greatest year of his career in Denver and he is going to his second Super Bowl there. He will retire a Bronco in spite of what you claim. Why not start a thread and run a poll? Arguing between us will accomplish nothing. I will vote but I will not comment. Say what you want, I am done with this thread.

Good.

No one expected Faulk to retire a Colt.

Faulk did comeback to be put in the Ring of Honor like he deserved.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am very happy with Andrew and Peyton will go in our Ring of Honor, nobody will ever wear 18 again. Best of both worlds.

Exactly.  Will Peyton retire a Colt? I have no idea.  He might just send out a statement saying he's retiring as to not upset either fan base.  Regardless of if he retires as a Colt he is going to be honored many times over here once he's done playing.

14 hours ago, JlynRN said:

I think you are in the minority then dude. Peyton and Irsay aren't close anymore, despite them both saying otherwise when publicly asked.

I would take it as Peyton loves the Colts fans still, but not the Franchise itself anymore... and who can blame him? I for one, will be shocked if he retires as a Colt... I would really like him to, but I dont think its gonna happen.

10 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I think you are in the minority then dude. Peyton and Irsay aren't close anymore, despite them both saying otherwise when publicly asked.

I would take it as Peyton loves the Colts fans still, but not the Franchise itself anymore... and who can blame him? I for one, will be shocked if he retires as a Colt... I would really like him to, but I dont think its gonna happen.

I don't think there is a problem that you seem to think there is. Not anymore than any other Player and owner that have moved on in a business choice. Both are grown men and know exactly where things stand and why they stand that way. They may not be a hateful as you would like them to be?

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think there is a problem that you seem to think there is. Not anymore than any other Player and owner that have moved on in a business choice. Both are grown men and know exactly where things stand and why they stand that way. They may not be a hateful as you would like them to be?

I never said there was hate. I just dont think Peyton feels the same about Indy or the Franchise anymore.. Not enough to come back and retire as a Colt. If he wins the SB on Sunday I wouldnt be surprised if he announces his retirement right there and then on the podium after the game in his Broncos Jersey.

4 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I never said there was hate. I just dont think Peyton feels the same about Indy or the Franchise anymore.. Not enough to come back and retire as a Colt. If he wins the SB on Sunday I wouldnt be surprised if he announces his retirement right there and then on the podium after the game in his Broncos Jersey.

So what if he did? That is his team at this point. It will take five more years to answer that question. If he does win a ring with Denver it's not going to diminish what he done in Indy to him. You think like a media person. haha

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what if he did? That is his team at this point. It will take five more years to answer that question. If he does win a ring with Denver it's not going to diminish what he done in Indy to him. You think like a media person. haha

I do work in Marketing.... Might have something to do with it....

On January 31, 2016 at 11:14 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Me either. I love Peyton as much as anybody, but...

1. There's no guarantee he would even be a good coach. As smart as he is he would have a good shot being a good coach but he could also suck. Nobody knows.

2. I don't think he wants to have a chance to be fired again by Indy as others stated above.

I think he could be a good position coach but he would never lower himself to that position.  I think he'd be a terrible head coach.  

21 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I don't think Peyton Manning will retire as a Colt either. He is a Bronco now. Although four years is short compared to fourteen, it isn't really that short in and of itself; especially considering the success that they have had during that four year time period. 

I hope he retires as Colt, but I don't see that happening. 

There have been 2 times, that I know of, that we've seen Irsay cry during a presser. One was when Dungy retired and the other was during the release of Manning. I HIGHLY doubt there is ANY animosity between Manning and Irsay. 

I don't know why this continues to be brought up - "Manning was thrown out by Irsay". If you're that much of simpleton to believe that Manning would have had the same success here the last 4 years that he's had in Denver, I've got ocean-front property on the moon that I would love to sell you.

Irsay did the absolute best thing he could for Manning, which was to let him continue building his legacy - which wasn't going to happen here, especially with all of the turnover and limited cap space the Colts had. 

I don't see where the "bad guy" role has a place in this. It worked out for both parties. I'm going to one-up everyone on the whole "He'll retire a ___". Once Manning is exclusively retired, there will be a statue of Manning outside of Lucas Oil Stadium. I'll bet everything I have on it happening.