Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay (+7) at Arizona (1-16-16)

oldunclemark

8:15 EST.....Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth on NBC

uppers 50s, low 60s........over-under 50

Prime time showdown with MVP Aaron Rodgers (347 of 572, 3,821 yards, 31 TDs, 8 INTs) forced to go without WR DeVontae Adams (50 catches, 482 yards)

Top WR Randall Cobb (79 catches, 829 yards) will team with old-timer James Jones (50 catches, 890 yards, 8 TDs)

RB Eddie Lacy (187 carries, 758 yards)  is ready to go...as is injured CB Sam Shields and OT David Bahktari

Arizona QB Carson Palmer (342 of 537, 4,671 yards, 35 Tds, 11 INTs)  has old man Larry Fitzgerald (109 catches, 1,215 yards) as his top receiver.

Cardinals have only 30 QB sacks but ex-Colt star Dwight Freeney has eight of them.

Arizona beat Green bay 38-8 3 weeks ago (Cards got 9 sacks in that game) but lost to Seattle 36-6 two weeks ago.

Cardinals are healthy and they will know by game time whether Seattle has beaten Carolina...If that happens, Arizona could play the NFC title game at home.

Cardinals average 6.4 yards per play, No.2 in the NFL

////This just has to be a high scoring game and conditions favor a shootout. Top QBs is a winner-take-all game should light up the scoreboard....

I like Green Bay getting seven points. Rodgers will be throwing until the clock runs out and a 13-point lead could become a 6-point lead in the final minute.

The best bet is the over....and for the game to last 4 hours

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to ESPN Radio on the way home last night (I'm not usually into self harm fetishes I promise) and they were picking the Packers. I could have met them halfway if they were saying something like the Cardinals weren't even gameplanning for anything different from the other week, hard to beat any team twice, etc. But it was all "O Aaron Rodgers and his comeback against Washington O Aaron Rodgers putting the team on his back O Aaron Rodgers etc etc etc." 

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Listened to ESPN Radio on the way home last night (I'm not usually into self harm fetishes I promise) and they were picking the Packers. I could have met them halfway if they were saying something like the Cardinals weren't even gameplanning for anything different from the other week, hard to beat any team twice, etc. But it was all "O Aaron Rodgers and his comeback against Washington O Aaron Rodgers putting the team on his back O Aaron Rodgers etc etc etc." 

I had GB vs Denver in the SB before the year started but I cant see how they beat the Cards.

I think Arizona wins but I would not bet the house either it's a major blowout like last time. People thought the Seahawks would cream the Vikings again and it was close. You just never know.....it's the playoffs. I think we have some battles coming somewhere this weekend....just hard to predict where and when. :)

17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Folks seem, to think so but Id take Aaron Rodgers over anybody in a close game

I wouldn't.

I'd take Rodgers if they were leading for 3 quarters.  But no way in heck would I take him if he's needed for a comeback.

There are maybe... 20 other QB's I'd rather have... even Eli would be there before Rodgers.

And if it's a back in forth game I'd still take 15 or so others lol.  He just doesn't have it.  He doesn't throw interceptions and he is deadly accurate but he never takes risks.  The passers who are willing to take risks have magic and Rodgers isn't one of em.  Look at Favre... Hey may have thrown his share of INT's but you could never count him out 14 points down in the 4th.

8 hours ago, Surge89 said:

I'd take Rodgers if they were leading for 3 quarters.  But no way in heck would I take him if he's needed for a comeback.

There are maybe... 20 other QB's I'd rather have... even Eli would be there before Rodgers.

You'd lose a lot....GB seems ready to play and they have the MVP

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pack was my before season SB pick in the NFC, Broncos was AFC but I don't think they win this game. Their Defense is very suspect.

I agree but I don't trust any team to play well with a bye week unless it's the Patriots. I think the panthers and cards are gonna be one&done 

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I agree but I don't trust any team to play well with a bye week unless it's the Patriots. I think the panthers and cards are gonna be one&done 

I been more worried about the Panthers then the Cards. I would hate to go 15-1 and be at home and the team that waltzes in is the luckiest NFC team ever created aka the Seahawks.

44 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You'd lose a lot....GB seems ready to play and they have the MVP

I'd lose a lot? Do you have any idea what Rodgers record is when losing late?  

Rogers has lost a lot in crunch time... so I guess ya if I chose him I'd lose a lot 

21 minutes ago, Jules said:

I been more worried about the Panthers then the Cards. I would hate to go 15-1 and be at home and the team that waltzes in is the luckiest NFC team ever created aka the Seahawks.

And yet, you and I both know that the Seahawks defense is going play phenomenal and Wilson will make a few amazing scramble/lucky plays that will keep them right in the game.

16 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I'd lose a lot? Do you have any idea what Rodgers record is when losing late?  

Rogers has lost a lot in crunch time... so I guess ya if I chose him I'd lose a lot 

Who cares?

I know his record overall...,he isn't losing late that much .....You know he was the MVP of the NFL last year

This year 31 TDs..8 INts...10 wins

I'll take Rodgers.,.you can have everybody else...

Those are Skip Bayless stats....He'll tell you that Tim Tebow was No, 1in the NF if you only count the final 5 minute s of the game. If you are good, you aren't behind much and your 'come from behind' stats are irrelevant

You cant parse the game..How does a QB do all the time.

If you win as much as Rodgers does, his come-from-behind stats fall in the 'who cares'; bin

7-6 now....strong half for GB