Green Bay (+7) at Arizona (1-16-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is not Rogers fault his team couldn't play defense. It's called having a team that does it all, not just the QB. This is a team sport, sometimes that is forgotten or overlooked.

I understand...I prefer how college football does it...except in the Nfl I'd prefer of course they have to go the length of the field.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lots of stuff I did not know....for sure....I see where it could be offensive when used on a black person.

Jerry Clower  (now wait just a cotton picking minute...) I think made it popular and it was used on tv a lot....by black and whites.  It was never a racist term.  I understand how Mark would not have thought it bad.   

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Can't have a topic without somebody pretending to be offended about something. The first reply up there in more straightforward terms is HEY WAIT WHY IS NOBODY OFFENDED I BETTER ACT OFFENDED!!!!!!

What are you talking about? 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't agree. Do you honestly think that game would have been any less exciting if Aaron would have the ball again with a chance to tie it again....I don't. I've watched many college football games go to OT and they are all exciting....just my opinion. I know this is how it's done but doesn't mean it couldn't be better.

Just because that is your opinion does not mean it could be better. It just means you think it could be better. This is one of the reasons that the NFL is so popular. It's not like other sports nor should it be IMO.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What are you talking about? 

Political correctness. I think people get offended just for being human. Sad when you have to be careful of every thing you say because someone will be soft and let something offend them when nothing negative was meant. The old saying stick and stones does not hold true when you are weak minded.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just because that is your opinion does not mean it could be better. It just means you think it could be better. This is one of the reasons that the NFL is so popular. It's not like other sports nor should it be IMO.

Totally understand. Hasn't stopped the league from making changes before lol. I mean we just moved the extra point back like 20 yds...don't think that was popular either yet the game is still just as amazing as ever correct?! I know I'm not the commish or head of the rules committee......but trust me....take my word for it...I should be ; )

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Political correctness. I think people get offended just for being human. Sad when you have to be careful of every thing you say because someone will be soft and let something offend them when nothing negative was meant. The old saying stick and stones does not hold true when you are weak minded.

You may want to do some research on that term.   And if you aren't black,   you don't get to decide if it's offensive or not 

I knew Marc wasn't using it in the offensive sense.  But I figured I would let him know that it is indeed very offensive to a lot of people. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

You may want to do some research on that term.   And if you aren't black,   you don't get to decide if it's offensive or not 

I knew Marc wasn't using it in the offensive sense.  But I figured I would let him know that it is indeed very offensive to a lot of people. 

I agree...but let's not let a perfectly awesome thread get side tracked...amazing game and ending.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I don't mean to be argumentative but why even bring it up if you knew Marc didn't mean anything by it. It wasn't an issue till you brought it up. That is exactly what my meaning was with the political correctness statement.

10 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Jerry Clower  (now wait just a cotton picking minute...) I think made it popular and it was used on tv a lot....by black and whites.  It was never a racist term.  I understand how Mark would not have thought it bad.   

With respect, I disagree. I consider it a derogatory slur. I'm certain that @oldunclemark did not mean it in that manner, however.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't mean to be argumentative but why even bring it up if you knew Marc didn't mean anything by it. It wasn't an issue till you brought it up. That is exactly what my meaning was with the political correctness statement.

So maybe perhaps he doesn't use it anymore.      

16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

But you get to decide if it is when you aren't black or offended. 

You knew Marc wasn't using it in the offensive sense but just had to go there. 

And speaking of research, you'd be surprised at how many terms and sayings are offensive in history. If people could let ones left die like the others then it wouldn't be a thing. Now pardon me while I go eat some watermelon.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You're actually making it a bigger deal. This would have ended already had you made.your comment and ended there. Let's move on.

Yes...how about everyone be offended that I want to change the playoff rules so I can see Rodgers get another shot at winning the game...please?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I am sorry I offended you now. This is an open forum and I will comment as I want and see fit.

Omg....honestly.....this is why we can't have anything nice....every time we get a great thread going we have to derail and ruin it.....no wonder us Colts fans can't have any happiness lol.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes...how about everyone be offended that I want to change the playoff rules so I can see Rodgers get another shot at winning the game...please?

Thanks for bringing it back to football. :) I saw your previous posts. I don't like the college football OT rules. I don't like that they start drives on the opponent's side of the field. 

I don't even know what olduncleM said.......but lets move on. He's a good guy and probably got excited in the heat of the moment.

Lets try to focus on a terrific game tonight. I am thrilled for Arizona but also GB did have a great showing this postseason as well.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for bring it back to football. :) I saw your previous posts. I don't like the college football OT rules. I don't like that they start drives on the opponent's side of the field. 

Yep that's the only thing I don't like about it. I think they thought teams wouldn't be able to score form say the opponents 35....but we all know that's generally not a problem with college defenses. I agree there...I just like both teams get a chance to have the ball....and even from the 35 it's still incredibly fun and exciting. Thanks for your comment...however I'm out of this thread....the magic has wore off. Night y'all!

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Green Bay is by FAR a better road playoff team then home playoff team under Rodgers. I trust them more on the road to hang in there over some of the home playoff eggs they have laid.

So far I am 5-1 in picking these games. I almost knew the Cards would win this game. Alex Smith is my only loss, LMAO. I fully expect the Broncos and Panthers to win their games as well but the odds are 1 home team should lose like we mentioned the other day.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far I am 5-1 in picking these games. I almost knew the Cards would win this game. Alex Smith is my only loss, LMAO. I fully expect the Broncos and Panthers to win their games as well but the odds are 1 home team should lose like we mentioned the other day.

I expected Arizona to win, but I said on the first page......these rematches of previous blowouts are often close the second time around.

GB showed up very well this postseason, sadly I kinda wish they could have advanced but I also wanted Arizona. Tough game for me.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

I expected Arizona to win, but I said on the first page......these rematches of previous blowouts are often close the second time around.

GB showed up very well this postseason, sadly I kinda wish they could have advanced but I also wanted Arizona. Tough game for me.

GB was my before season SB pick in the NFC so I was good either way on who won tonight. I would've got the pick wrong tonight had the Cards lost though. I like Rodgers and that hailmary was awesome stuff! As the season has went along I just couldn't stick with GB because their Defense isn't that good and some of their injuries were just hurting them. The main reason why I have stuck with Denver is because of their Defense and I was hoping Peyton could stay healthy. Peyton is healthy now and they have HFA. So we will see.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

GB was my before season SB pick in the NFC so I was good either way on who won tonight. I would've got the pick wrong tonight had the Cards lost though. I like Rodgers and that hailmary was awesome stuff! As the season has went along I just couldn't stick with GB because their Defense isn't that good and some of their injuries were just hurting them. The main reason why I have stuck with Denver is because of their Defense and I was hoping Peyton could stay healthy. Peyton is healthy now and they have HFA. So we will see.

THAT is the kind of Rodgers I want to see more often and the one I love. The kind that lets it rip down the field and runs like a maniac at times. A lot of times I feel Rodgers for weeks on end plays it too safe or the coaches do and they try too hard to avoid interceptions and mistakes and be the "anti Favre".

Rodgers has huge play ability and they need to let him loose at times more often to me. 

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

THAT is the kind of Rodgers I want to see more often and the one I love. The kind that lets it rip down the field and runs like a maniac at times. A lot of times I feel Rodgers for weeks on end plays it too safe or the coaches do and they try too hard to avoid interceptions and mistakes and be the "anti Favre".

Rodgers has huge play ability and they need to let him loose at times more often to me. 

I love it when Luck plays relentless too, like he did against Denver. Unfortunately he just got hit wrong when running. Rodgers always slides when he runs and avoids a lot of big hits. Luck should study tape of him.

The only thing that offends me are easily offended people.

And people called me crazy for saying Rodgers was an MVP candidate. Of course he is being the best QB in the league he's a candidate by default. Who else could roll out and make those crazy throws? I don't think Newton or Brady could, but I do think it's Newton's this year.

Also lol at refs who can't even get a coin toss right. At least when Broadway Joe screwed up he was plastered.

haha   I'm glad I signed off and went to bed when I did.  Looks like I missed quite a bit of conversation I wouldn't have liked. :sigh:

It was a great game,  probably right up there as one of the best of the season.   The ending with Aaron throwing yet another hail mary, and that Catch.  My goodness.    Then Larry answering......What can I say?

I personally was pulling for Arizona, and Fitz in particular,   so I was happy with the ending.