Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aside from Zeke and Henry, who are the other RB prospects to watch?

1. Paul Perkins - UCLA, rd 3/4 quick fast exciting, sometimes easier to ankle tackle
2. Alex Collins - Arkansas - rd 3/4, good back vision, powerful
3. Wayne Gallman - Clemson rd 3/4 - if he comes out 6'1" 215# he's going to be good. Really like him.
4. Jordan Howard - IU, rd 4/6 doesn't high step a lot seems like josh Robinson

Jonathan Williams.  He's as good as Alex Collins but blocks better.  He's projected as a 3-4 round pick.  The only thing is that he had foot surgery earlier this year.  A lot will be riding on that.  I know it's coach speak, but I saw  somewhere that his coach said he will come back strong as ever.

Paul Perkins and Jordan Howard are two other guys I really like.

If you want a later round guy, Aaron Green.  Dude is a human highlight reel.  His games on DB aren't all that impressive, but his speed/COD/decisiveness is practically off the charts.  I think CBS has his projection about right.  Guy can't block (yet) and probably doesn't have the frame for it, but I think he'll be a nightmare matchup against LBs (a good comp I think is a quicker version of James White).

I really like Paul Perkins too. He's one of those lightning quick homerun backs you know. He'd be perfect to pair with a big power back. I like Booker a lot too. He reminds me of Arian Foster. And another guy I like is Prosise. I actually wouldn't mind us going RB in back to back rounds in the right guys on the board. For example Booker in the 3rd. Perkins in the 4th.

33 minutes ago, midmoColtsfan said:

Kenneth Dixon from La Tech is probably my favorite rb in the class. I think he can be a 3 down rb in the league. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FU29Y0Rc70I

His running style reminds me a little bit of LeSean McCoy.  Maybe that's in part because he's running around in what looks like a Bills uniform.  He's clearly not as fast, but not a bad prospect.  His blocking will keep him from being a 3 down back.  He couldn't handle the weaker competition he was going against, let alone a guy that's bigger and faster.  I wish they played better teams so I could watch film of him going up against a ranked team (or close to ranked).    I think he tops out as a 4th round prospect, and maybe that's a little high.  

A guy you'll see me put in my mocks as a late round pick or UDFA is Keith Marshall from Georgia. Completely under the radar because he played behind Gurley and Chubb, but this guy was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school. He's got ridiculous speed but he's not just one of those change of pace backs.

He can juke defenders out of their shoes. You haven't heard of him because he's been injured. Tore his ACL his sophomore year, and had small injuries his junior year. But if you watch his highlights, you'll see that he's really talented.

Could be a steal later.  Here are his freshman highlights.

http://youtu.be/CEDaTV4p28o

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I actually wouldn't mind us going RB in back to back rounds in the right guys on the board. For example Booker in the 3rd. Perkins in the 4th.

Curious; why do we need all of these RBs?  We have 6 picks, spending 2 on RBs (especially a 3 and a 4) to play behind Gore seems unnecessary to say the least.  I feel like Gore did a good enough job to come back next year, we can worry about it after that.

• I really like Alex Collins. His bowl game against K-State was enjoyable. K-State is annually one of the better defenses in the country and especially the BIGXII, and Alex literally ran through them. He was at around 80 yards at the half and I believe he was only at 7 or 8 carries. He finished with, I believe, 170 yards or so and was also doing KR duty, which I was also impressed with. I don't think he has elite top end speed, but he does have elite quickness. He's great at finding the hole and immediately up to speed. He gets to the second level extremely quickly and has very nimble feet to shake defenders.

I think he was the best RB in the SEC, yes better than Henry and better than Fournette. He can return kicks, and is very good at catching out of the backfield. I do agree that he probably needs to improve on his pass blocking but that can be taught. I think he's got 2nd round talen and MAY last until the 3rd, but there is no way he gets past the 3rd in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Traines said:

Curious; why do we need all of these RBs?  We have 6 picks, spending 2 on RBs (especially a 3 and a 4) to play behind Gore seems unnecessary to say the least.  I feel like Gore did a good enough job to come back next year, we can worry about it after that.

Well we don't actually need 2. But Gore's getting old. Next season will be his last year with us. And I think if we can get 2 good backs in the 3rd and 4th round we should do it. Booker and Perkins could give us a dynamic running gam for the next 4 years. And if we don't draft at least 1 this year we'll have to next year. And I also worry about Gore staying healthy all of next season. I'd hate to lose him and be stuck with Herron or Josh Robinson as our main back. With Booker we'd have a big power back, and Perkins would be perfect to complement him as he's a speedy home run threat type.

I wish we could find the Thomas Rawles of this years UDFA class if their is one. There's all these really, really good UDFA's playing at a pro bowl level and we cant ever seem to find any. Chris Harris Jr., Tashaun Gibson, Vontaze Burfect (When he's healthy) La'el Collins, etc. Then there's a back like Thomas Rawels or Crowell that goes undrafted every year that ends up being good. I hope we find that gem this year.

For what it's worth,  here are Kiper's top-10 RB's as of mid-December....

1. *Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State
2. *Derrick Henry, Alabama
3. *C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame
4. *Paul Perkins, UCLA
5. Devontae Booker, Utah
6. *Alex Collins, Arkansas
7. *Jordan Howard, Indiana
8. Jonathan Williams, Arkansas
9. Tyler Ervin, San Jose State
10. *Corey Clement, Wisconsin

For what it's worth,  here are Kiper's top-10 RB's as of mid-December....

1. *Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State
2. *Derrick Henry, Alabama
3. *C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame
4. *Paul Perkins, UCLA
5. Devontae Booker, Utah
6. *Alex Collins, Arkansas
7. *Jordan Howard, Indiana
8. Jonathan Williams, Arkansas
9. Tyler Ervin, San Jose State
10. *Corey Clement, Wisconsin