Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

osweiler or peyton?

bap1331

I don't know why but this situation reminds me of the brady situation back in 2001.

Peyton is just worn out. His arm isn't as effective and osweiler is fresh and can make short and long passes. I have to go with osweiler but if you're kubiak, who do you go for in the playoffs?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock easily. 

Peyton is DONE. I don't know why you folks can't see this, but it's plain and obvious at this point. You guys want Peyton so bad, but if he gets back out there, it's going to be back to the usual - not being able to score, and interceptions all over the place. The Broncos offense was dead until Brock came in. Who cares if Peyton started 7-0, Brock beat the undefeated New England in the snow and icy wind, and he gets no credit for it. 

Yeah it's Brock next week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611550/article/broncos-could-turn-to-manning-if-they-fall-to-bengals

It appears Brock Osweiler's starting job is safe for another week thanks to the Broncos' 20-17 overtime win over the Bengals on Monday.

Earlier Monday on NFL Network's NFL Total Access, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Peyton Manning could start the Broncos' season finale Sunday against the Chargers if Denver fell at home against the Bengals.

After Monday's win, Kubiak also said Osweiler is set to start on Sunday

Well seeing how Peyton hasn't even practiced with the team in weeks, I think it was always going to be Brock, unless things fell apart.  

I still think we'll see Peyton in the Playoffs,  whether as a starter, or a backup,  I'm not counting him done yet.

I guess time will tell.   

Just now, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Well seeing how Peyton hasn't even practiced with the team in weeks, I think it was always going to be Brock, unless things fell apart.  

I still think we'll see Peyton in the Playoffs,  whether as a starter, or a backup,  I'm not counting him done yet.

I guess time will tell.   

I still would roll with Peyton if he's healthy. His Football IQ and experience are far greater than Brock's is. Brock has never started in a Playoff game. Denver only put up 20 points last night so it's not like he played lights out. He was good enough but in reality it's a game Denver should've won being in MileHigh against AJ McCarron. Brock deserves good credit for beating the Patriots but even in that game the fumbled Punt by the Pats is the main reason why they lost and CJ won that game with a 50 Yard run. Peyton played Great against the Packers and Good against us even in a loss. So I can handpick games where Peyton played at least Good or better too.

6 hours ago, Bogie said:

Brock easily. 

Peyton is DONE. I don't know why you folks can't see this, but it's plain and obvious at this point. You guys want Peyton so bad, but if he gets back out there, it's going to be back to the usual - not being able to score, and interceptions all over the place. The Broncos offense was dead until Brock came in. Who cares if Peyton started 7-0, Brock beat the undefeated New England in the snow and icy wind, and he gets no credit for it. 

29677137.jpg

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks. Sometimes I still quote the wrong person haha with this new format. How are you doing this morning?

Getting ready for work, wishing I was staying home.   haha   Feeling good about the win last night.

If a 20 year vet wasn't forced to learn a new offense that doesn't fit him he'd be his usual self. Peyton's own style is what makes Peyton he's not a plug in any system guy and has never been. The thing that has stopped Peyton has been his recievers not showing up in big games or lack of defense and when they finally got a defense they changed his way of playing offense.

The game last night by Brock was as impressive as his win over the Pats. Down 14 against one of the best defenses in the conference. He should have won in regulation had his RB not fumbled and his kicker shanked the FG.

Brock is going to be Denver's QB from here on out. He will start vs SD as Kubiak already named him the starter in a game they need to secure the bye and then into the playoffs. Peyton is still not healthy and Steve Young said last night he will not be fully healthy this season which we already knew so you roll with Brock and see how far they can go.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Forget Peyton for a second.

Does anyone think Denver wins the Super Bow with Brock at QB?

there's your answer

I don't. With a healthy Peyton I do. Brock could definitely win the first Playoff game but I cant see him going to Foxboro and winning if it comes to that. The guy has no Playoff experience! He has very little chance of winning a game like that, Patriots fans know this too. I understand Peyton hasn't played well in Foxboro either but with that Defense I give Peyton a decent chance against this Pats team. Pats have a lot key injuries and Peyton has won a SB so he knows what it takes to win the big game.

7 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Pretty insightful column today from Ian O'Connor on Manning's season and career, http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14457019/denver-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-deserved-better-ending-nfl

An interesting read there AMF. I do feel bad for Manning with this nonsense HGH scandal in the headlines right now & even though I don't subscribe to a word of the steroid allegation & that Mr. Sly recanted his unfounded allegation, it bothers me that a man of Peyton's character is having his impeccable reputation tarnished thru no fault of his own. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't. With a healthy Peyton I do. Brock could definitely win the first Playoff game but I cant see him going to Foxboro and winning if it comes to that. The guy has no Playoff experience! He has very little chance of winning a game like that, Patriots fans know this too. I understand Peyton hasn't played well in Foxboro either but with that Defense I give Peyton a decent chance against this Pats team. Pats have a lot key injuries and Peyton has won a SB so he knows what it takes to win the big game.

Right now Brock gives the Broncos the best chance to win...period. Peyton's playoff record and cold weather record is abysmal...how anyone could 'prefer' him at this point of the season when Brock has won them some huge prime time games in tough conditions makes no sense. 

This isn't Peyton of 10 years ago we're talking about here and you people need to start to understand that. A healthy Peyton is still a 39 year old Peyton...and 37+ Peyton has NOT looked good. The guy won't even stand on the sideline if there's cold weather let alone lead his team through the playoffs in it. Stick with the hot hand...if you put Peyton out there in the playoffs and he spits his pants that would solidify his legacy in a way nobody wants to see.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

^^^ Agree ^^^    I like watching Brock play and grow but last night he still made some rookie mistakes which is to be expected.  He has done what was ask of him and kept things afloat and that is to be commended.  He can run  Kubiaks system and that is a plus for him. :popcorn: 

5 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

^^^ Agree ^^^    I like watching Brock play and grow but last night he still made some rookie mistakes which is to be expected.  He has done what was ask of him and kept things afloat and that is to be commended.  He can run  Kubiaks system and that is a plus for him. :popcorn: 

Peyton Manning has the most interceptions this season and he's played in 6 fewer games than the next few guys on the list. 

When Peyton was starting, the Broncos were winning despite his poor play.

Brock has been fine for them and has proven he can beat the best the AFC has in both the elements AND the cold. 

Why anyone would want to take the ball away from him at this point is beyond me.

1 minute ago, dynasty13 said:

Peyton Manning has the most interceptions this season and he's played in 6 fewer games than the next few guys on the list. 

Brock has been fine for them and has proven he can beat the best the AFC has in both the elements AND the cold. 

Why anyone would want to take the ball away from him at this point is beyond me.

Being a Pats fan as you are I can see why you think like you do LOL. You know if you get Brock in Foxboro he will probably doo doo his pants in a Title Game.

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I usually dislike the cross pollination of sports [NBA & NFL] but in this case, it's appropriate because the author is addressing the appropriate way to pay homage to living legends in their respective fields or HOF occupations. Initially, I said to myself after this season is over Manning will leave the game for good, but now in light of this ridiculous scandal that has taken on a life of it's own, I could now see #18 trying to sign with another AFC team next year to show his fans that he's a follow the rules kind of guy just to rub it in his detractor's faces even if the Broncos defense got him his 2nd SB ring. 

For the record, I think Manning should retire after this season because he's universally respected with nothing left to prove to me or any other NFL fan for that matter. 

I do think Peyton should retire after the season so I will say that because I don't think he can stay healthy anymore for a whole season and he has nothing big to prove anyway. He has a Ring and a ton of mind blowing stats + he has 5 MVP's. Nobody in the history of the NFL will ever win 5 MVP's.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Being a Pats fan as you are I can see why you think like you do LOL. You know if you get Brock in Foxboro he will probably doo doo his pants in a Title Game.

Here's the thing: we actually don't know that Brock would doo doo his pants in a title game at Gillette in the cold.

We do, however, know that Peyton has. And he has never...not once...played well in the snow OR the cold at Gillette.

34 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Right now Brock gives the Broncos the best chance to win...period. Peyton's playoff record and cold weather record is abysmal...how anyone could 'prefer' him at this point of the season when Brock has won them some huge prime time games in tough conditions makes no sense. 

This isn't Peyton of 10 years ago we're talking about here and you people need to start to understand that. A healthy Peyton is still a 39 year old Peyton...and 37+ Peyton has NOT looked good. The guy won't even stand on the sideline if there's cold weather let alone lead his team through the playoffs in it. Stick with the hot hand...if you put Peyton out there in the playoffs and he spits his pants that would solidify his legacy in a way nobody wants to see.

^^^This.

The Peyton of this year has not shown me much when he was healthy enough to play, that is the issue. If you are talking Peyton of about 3 years ago, 2012 or 2013, he obviously gave them a better chance. But that is not the case here. The winds of Foxboro have never been kind to Mr. Manning :) and it bothers his throws because he does not have a gun of an arm to throw into tight windows in bad windy weather, cold or not. The defensive player will be in his face by the time he is in the middle of his bootleg, unlike Brock. Unless it is a cameo appearance for Brock, Peyton should stay where he is right now, on the sidelines getting healthy to play back up as needed. Maybe he gets his swan song as a back up???

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do think Peyton should retire after the season so I will say that because I don't think he can stay healthy anymore for a whole season and he has nothing big to prove anyway. He has a Ring and a ton of mind blowing stats + he has 5 MVP's Nobody in the history of the NFL will ever win 5 MVP's.

Yep, there are a ton of QBs who would love to achieve half of what Peyton has done & as we so eloquently learned from Brett Favre in that alls right with the world Footlocker commercial: 

"Sometimes, you've gotta know when to walk away" 

Timing means everything. When you lead a comeback & when you say it's time to do something else. 

48 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

What rookie mistakes did he make?  I'm curious.

33 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Discussing who will play is probably moot at this point. I don't think Peyton is going to be healthy enough to play. However, I don't give Brock all the credit for the games won. Especially the game against NE. NE isn't even close to the team it has been in the past. A weaker NE team, NE errors and a good Denver run game, top D helped Denver.

2 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

Discussing who will play is probably moot at this point. I don't think Peyton is going to be healthy enough to play. However, I don't give Brock all the credit for the games won. Especially the game against NE. NE isn't even close to the team it has been in the past. A weaker NE team, NE errors and a good Denver run game, top D helped Denver.

That's certainly true...but do you give Peyton Manning all the credit for the first 7 games? 

No logical person would...we can only speak to fact and the fact is that Brock has beaten the other top AFC teams in rough conditions, in prime time. 

1 minute ago, dynasty13 said:

That's certainly true...but do you give Peyton Manning all the credit for the first 7 games? 

No logical person would...we can only speak to fact and the fact is that Brock has beaten the other top AFC teams in rough conditions, in prime time. 

No. I credit the Denver D with some of those victories. I qualified all my answers with "a healthy Peyton Manning". I don't know that Peyton can be healthy again this season. If he can be healthy again, and only healthy for a few games, it would be preposterous to choose a rookie QB over Peyton Manning. Even a less effective, physical Peyton Manning (the qualities not associated with health, but age), knowing his limitations can win with a good run game and the top Defense. A healthy Peyton has never had at his disposal a good run game and a top Defense. IMO, given only those 2 benefits, Peyton can win in the rain, snow and cold too.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Forget Peyton for a second.

Does anyone think Denver wins the Super Bow with Brock at QB?

there's your answer

The more relevant question is who gives the Broncos the best chance to win in the playoffs and to me that answer is very clearly NOT Manning.  Noodle-armed and gimpy is not a recipe for playoff success.

There is your answer.