Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

osweiler or peyton?

bap1331

13 hours ago, JimJaime said:

They also bet KC BEFORE they got going on this amazing run I could see them going into Denver and winning again.

Also, didn't the Chiefs basically have that game locked up before some crazy, flukey thing happened that got the Broncos back in the game?  I seem to recall it being similar to the "Rosencopter" game from several years ago.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs had the choice to kneel or run it for 1 play then go to OT...they chose to run it and a fumble 6 happened. It was as probable as the Packers Hailmary the other day. It's just been forgotten because it was week 3 or 4 or whatever. And I didn't see the Browns game the following week but that supposedly topped the Chiefs bailout.

51 minutes ago, Jules said:

He is not a seasoned pro yet mark, you have to give him some wiggle room at times here. Like I said they may or may not win in the playoffs with Brock but it still makes more sense to go with him considering the circumstances.

Let's not recall Peyton's first year playing or anything lol these Peyton fanboys

6 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Let's hot recall Peyton's rookie year or anything lol these Peyton fanboys

Peyton's rookie year has nothing to do with this topic. It's who would be better a healthy Peyton or Brock in the Playoffs? Also as much as you pile on Peyton why don't you bring up Brock not scoring a TD on 23 straight possessions. Even in the Patriots win, it took a fumbled Punt by the Pats and a walk off 50 yard TD run by CJ. What are the odds of that happening? About like the Chiefs fumble when Peyton was playing. Last night Brock put up 20 points. Why would you think that is impressive? CJ had huge TD run as usual to help too. The Bengals made a ton of blunders including the game ending fumble. You seem to love to criticize Peyton but don't point out Brock playing like garbage as well. I am happy Denver won and want to see Brock play well but he hasn't done anything mind blowing for me to say he should be the man over a healthy Peyton Manning so don't twist my Post in your response I see coming. I think Patriots fans in general don't want to see Peyton get a 2nd Ring and Brett Favre fans don't either for many reasons. #1 it would give Peyton more Rings than Favre, #2 Peyton would become the only QB in NFL history to lead 2 different teams to a SB win as a starter, which Tom wont have on his resume. You guys may be able to fool a lot of people but I see right through the Postings of Pats fans and Favre fans.

If people are going to keep going back to the fact that this is Brock's first year, will be good someday, etc and allow no wiggle room then yes it does. Your motive in the topic naw...but the topic yes which should be over now  that the Favre card has been pulled. That's the go to desperation move in a topic with me at this point (or did he have something to do with this topic).

6 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

If people are going to keep going back to the fact that this is Brock's first year, will be good someday, etc and allow no wiggle room then yes it does. Your motive in the topic naw...but the topic yes which should be over now  that the Favre card has been pulled. That's the go to desperation move in a topic with me at this point (or did he have something to do with this topic).

Favre and Peyton are very comparable. If I have a favorite player I don't want another one to have more Rings than him that are pretty even when discussing greatest ever's. This has nothing to do with you but I can guarantee you Pats fans don't want to see Peyton win that 2nd Ring because then a lot of people will say Peyton is the best ever based on winning with 2 different teams + his 5 MVP's. That is just how people think in general. Pats fans worst nightmare would be a Peyton Manning led team going into Foxboro and winning in the Title Game, then winning another SB.If they say otherwise they are lying.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Favre and Peyton are very comparable. If I have a favorite player I don't want another one to have more Rings than him that are pretty even when discussing greatest ever's. This has nothing to do with you but I can guarantee you Pats fans don't want to see Peyton when that 2nd Ring because then a lot of people will say Peyton is the best ever based on winning with 2 different teams + his 5 MVP's. That is just how people think in general. Pats fans worst nightmare would be a Peyton Manning led team going into Foxboro and winning in the Title Game, then winning another SB.If they say otherwise they are lying.

A) Favre isn't Pats fans favorite

B) Favre and Manning are comparable...but not in this topic man sheesh. You were just going for what I guess I'll refer to as the Favre Card from now on.

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

B) Favre and Manning are comparable...but not in this topic man sheesh. You were just going for what I guess I'll refer to as the Favre Card from now on.

You missed my point completely regarding Pats fans. A 2nd SB win by Peyton would make Pats fans sick. I brought up Favre because I know you like him and think he is a the greatest QB ever.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Yeah the Favre Card...Favre was 40 billion miles away from this topic until you had nothing else.

Pats fans shmats fans. The Peyton/Tom debate will never end no matter what happens. If anything ends it, it won't be Peyton winning half the amount of rings Tom did.

Pats fans will use that, 4-2 Rings but if Peyton wins the SB it would be with 2 different teams. Something that has never been done before by a starting QB. If he goes through Foxboro and beats Tom, that is 3-1 also in Title games. Believe me that would be their worst case scenario for their fanbase. Like I said I only brought up Favre because of the Ring argument between 2 players that are comparable. If that didn't even cross your mind then I apologize. Pats fans could live with Brock beating them because it would have nothing to do with the Peyton/Brady debate. If Peyton starts and wins another SB there is definitely a debate again to who is better. Peyton has 5 MVP's to Tom's 2 and has more TD's and Yards. They want Brock to play because there would be no chance for Peyton to beat them, if you cant see that then you are naive. Every Michael Jordan fan in the world didn't want Kobe to get #6 because they know that would increase Kobe's legacy argument just to use that as an example.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats fans will use that, 4-2 Rings but if Peyton wins the SB it would be with 2 different teams. Something that has never been done before by a starting QB. If he goes through Foxboro and beats Tom, that is 3-1 also in Title games. Believe me that would be their worst case scenario for their fanbase. Like I said I only brought up Favre because of the Ring argument between 2 players that are comparable. If that didn't even cross your mind then I apologize. Pats fans could live with Brock beating them because it would have nothing to do with the Peyton/Brady debate. If Peyton starts and wins another SB there is definitely a debate again to who is better. Peyton has 5 MVP's to Tom's 2 and has more TD's and Yards. They want Brock to play because there would be no chance for Peyton to beat them, if you cant see that then you are naive. Every Michael Jordan fan in the world didn't want Kobe to get #6 because they know that would increase Kobe's legacy argument just to use that as an example.

Any debate ended last year when Brady beat in the SB in historic fashion securing his 3rd Sb MVP the same team that trounced Peyton 43-8 when he had the most historic offense in football. The only debate left with Brady is with Niner/Montana fans for who is the GOAT.

5 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Favre may have had a lot of drama at the end but no one can deny that he never lost his ability to play down the stretch. His arm stayed strong and he was mentally tough. Even after he retired at age 41, there were still teams that wanted him and were willing to pay a boat load.

6 hours ago, amfootball said:

Any debate ended last year when Brady beat in the SB in historic fashion securing his 3rd Sb MVP the same team that trounced Peyton 43-8 when he had the most historic offense in football. The only debate left with Brady is with Niner/Montana fans for who is the GOAT.

I actually agree with this. :)

If Peyton's arm was anywhere close to his 2012/2013 levels, he would still be starting. It is clearly not. When Peyton's wide out DT comes out and says this, you know his arm is officially shot:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611528/article/demaryius-peyton-cant-throw-as-hard-as-osweiler

"You know, Brock is a different type of quarterback," Thomas told NFL Media's James Palmer on Monday, "so you know his (ball) is for sure faster with a little more thump behind it. Peyton doesn't really have a route he can throw hard on unless it's a short route. That's the main thing."

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton would become the only QB in NFL history to lead 2 different teams to a SB win as a starter, which Tom wont have on his resume. 

I don't understand why you think that this would be some great additional accolade...like, oooooh bonus points for Peyton because he played for two different teams!!!

Winning a championship in two places is no better than winning two (or 4 for that matter) in one. Star quarterbacks are so seldom cut and then allowed to hand pick their next destination while they can still perform...that's why it hasn't been done before. It isn't exactly a case of Peyton being able to do something that no one else has been able to do because he's just so darn good like you are making it sound.

The Brady and Manning homers are in a competition to top themselves I guess. If the Seahawks were the same team last year as they were in 2013, then I guess the Panthers are the same team now as the were last year. Granted they made it to the SB, but only because they got to play sub .500 Carolina who got to play depleted Arizona. Then fast forward to the Packers and Cowboys which I don't even have the energy to get into.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Peyton's arm was anywhere close to his 2012/2013 levels, he would still be starting. It is clearly not. When Peyton's wide out DT comes out and says this, you know his arm is officially shot:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611528/article/demaryius-peyton-cant-throw-as-hard-as-osweiler

"You know, Brock is a different type of quarterback," Thomas told NFL Media's James Palmer on Monday, "so you know his (ball) is for sure faster with a little more thump behind it. Peyton doesn't really have a route he can throw hard on unless it's a short route. That's the main thing."

Exactly, and really even if Manning was effective as the first half of last season he would be starting.  Osweiler has been riding the bench for a while and although I didn't know he was the next plan for starter, if there is any consideration might as well find out now.  So far, he seems like he could be a good, not great starter in this league.  

But I do think it's funny, many still clinging on to the belief, "what if Manning was healthy?" well he's not and he hasn't been for the better part of the last two seasons.  I think it's obvious to most, Manning's body is starting to show the effects of time and breaking down.  For a player that was as healthy for a large portion of his career, this should be a tell tale sign that he's at the end of the road.

But some don't want to let go.  To those, I want to say shame on you.  If you truly loved Peyton as a player, don't encourage to keep going.  Johnny Unitas couldn't lift a football in his last years because of the effects of playing until he was 43.  Look at other players that played well past their prime, most aren't very healthy today.  Manning's body is telling him no, but he doesn't want to listen.  Do you want him to retire crippled?  If you really appreciated watching him as a player and what he did for the Colts, you don't want him to play another season. 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Wow. Those are some pretty pointed comments by DT who has always been a big fav of Manning. It would seem the team is behind Brock at this point which is not surprising.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Favre and Peyton are very comparable. If I have a favorite player I don't want another one to have more Rings than him that are pretty even when discussing greatest ever's. This has nothing to do with you but I can guarantee you Pats fans don't want to see Peyton win that 2nd Ring because then a lot of people will say Peyton is the best ever based on winning with 2 different teams + his 5 MVP's. That is just how people think in general. Pats fans worst nightmare would be a Peyton Manning led team going into Foxboro and winning in the Title Game, then winning another SB.If they say otherwise they are lying.

LOL!!!!!!!!

4>2.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will return to team practice Wednesday night, leaving him in position to be an active backup Sunday against the San Diego Chargers as the Broncos seek their fifth consecutive AFC West title.

"It's always been about Peyton's health, getting him back in position to help this football team," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said.

"It's the next step we need to take. He hasn't played in [nearly two] months."

"It's a combination of things," Kubiak said, citing Manning's health as well as the fact that Osweiler has "done one hell of a job" as the starting quarterback the past six games.

"Brock's our quarterback, and nothing has changed from that standpoint," Kubiak said. "... The team knows that Brock is our quarterback."

13 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

True.  One thing I like about you is you aren't a malicious guy.

Nah, it's all in fun. I actually enjoy reading yours, AM, and Dynasty's Posts and some of the others. It brings a different aspect to the Site. I pretty much would hope you guys wouldn't think I was trying to be malicious or a hater haha I am still pretty new here so I never know how some will take my Posts.

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will return to team practice Wednesday night, leaving him in position to be an active backup Sunday against the San Diego Chargers as the Broncos seek their fifth consecutive AFC West title.

Yeah he looks to be at least the backup. Brock is still named the starter.

2 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

I'm curious what kind of game shape Peyton is in, if he hasn't been able to walk/run that well.

Me too. It's a mystery. I don't think the Broncos will have any problems beating the Chargers so he probably wont play at all is my guess unless the Broncos are up big. I would like to see how he looks for a Qtr or so.

1 minute ago, ViriLudant said:

I'm curious what kind of game shape Peyton is in, if he hasn't been able to walk/run that well.

Curiosity killed the Cat.   haha

Sorry, couldn't resist.     You know what a fan I am of his, but in all seriousness,  I don't see him playing.  It will be good to see him on the sideline supporting his team though.  Gotta admit.

14 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I do wonder if Peyton standing there in his uniform ready to go will get in Brock's head ... he may come out tight. Although it should not matter much vs the awful Chargers.

Not so much that but Brock is not 100%. Bad left shoulder. Left elbow.

He takes a lot of hits and had he not stayed on the field Monday night, they'd have had to throw  a rookie in there..

Kubiak, I think, would like to start Brock in the playoffs with Manning in the 'bullpen' if things go badly

Its not a role Peyton likes, but I think that's where we are

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

I do wonder if Peyton standing there in his uniform ready to go will get in Brock's head ... he may come out tight. Although it should not matter much vs the awful Chargers.

Chargers will lay down. They suspended Weddle and I believe a Chargers win will drop them from 3rd in the draft to 9th. 

"By agreeing to be Brock Osweiler's backup, Manning is making the ultimate team-before-self move.

"Can't be easy but for him to do that it shows that he's all about the team," said Broncos backup linebacker Corey Nelson.

"He continues to show how unselfish of a guy he is, how much of a team player he is,'' said Broncos tight end Owen Daniels. "I think he's always been like that. Maybe it takes something like this to not leave any doubt in anyone's mind. This is a reiteration of what kind of guy he is."

Because he won't start against the Chargers, Manning won't get the all-time win record. He will remain tied with Brett Favre for the victory lead with 186 wins.

So much for that national report two weeks back that essentially said Manning was refusing to be No. 2. Manning has mentored Osweiler for four years. Yet, Manning won't take credit for Osweiler's fine play in leading the Broncos to a 4-2 record the past six games.

"No, I'm not taking any satisfaction,'' Manning said. "He deserves all the credit for that—how hard he's worked. He has done a heck of a job, really played well under tough conditions Monday night against a really good team. Really good win. All the credit goes to him. That's where it belongs. He's really worked hard. I'll be there to help and support him anyway I can." 

The thing is: Its hard not to like Brock..

..and he's been Peyton's protégé  his student......its hard to bench him after Monday

...But this situation is fluid....

Here's a question. Denver fell down 14 against NE..and fell down 14 against Cincy.

What happens if they fall down 14 against SD with Peyton in uniform in a near must-win game?

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The thing is: Its hard not to like Brock..

..and he's been Peyton's protégé  his student......its hard to bench him after Monday

...But this situation is fluid....

Here's a question. Denver fell down 14 against NE..and fell down 14 against Cincy.

What happens if they fall down 14 against SD with Peyton in uniform in a near must-win game?

I think Kubiak still keeps Brock in unless Brock is also playing injured. Because he has shown the ability to come from behind against good competition is why.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Kubiak still keeps Brock in unless Brock is also playing injured. Because he has shown the ability to come from behind against good competition is why.

That would be a tough call.....

..but on the flip side...how would Peyton do attempting to come into a game after standing idle for and hour or two?