Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

osweiler or peyton?

bap1331

Most here are too young to remember....

,...but in another era..old fossils like George Blanda and Sonny Jorgensen came off the bench late more

than once to rally their teams..

........its very hard to do......but if yu get down and all you're going to do is run the shotgun and go

2-minute offense..that's right down Peyton's alley..

...unless Brock leads the team to the Super Bowl, I've got to believe you'll see the old Sheriff again

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. So Peyton as a back up. Never thought I would see that. Good for him to agree but that has to be unbelievably difficult - healthy enough to suit up and riding the bench. Will be interested to see how Brock performs with Peyton sitting right there. I think he will be fine vs Chargers but this adds another layer of pressure for sure.

If, and it's a big if, Peyton plays at any point this season I'd be less worried about his level of play and more worried he'd get crushed behind that line again. There's only so much a QB can do with a line like that unless you have some very good scrambling ability. Even then, you're just putting yourself in harm's way by scrambling...

Denver doesn't exactly have a dynamite run game to take the pressure off, either. Mike Schofield has GOT to go.....he is a turnstile at tackle.

You just get rid of the ball, Moose..Peyton has been sacked less than Brock has..same line.

the only way Peyton doenst play again is if Denver  leads early and wins every game and wins the Super Bowl with Brock..

..I just cant imagine Brock leading Denver to victory at New England

27 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You just get rid of the ball, Moose..Peyton has been sacked less than Brock has..same line.

the only way Peyton doenst play again is if Denver  leads early and wins every game and wins the Super Bowl with Brock..

..I just cant imagine Brock leading Denver to victory at New England

I cant either. If it's Denver at New England for the AFC I give Brock a 25% chance of winning and that is being generous. He has played well so I am being generous with that %. Patriots rarely lose at Foxboro and no way will Tom Brady lose to a QB with no Playoff experience unless they just lay an egg with Turnovers. If Peyton is healthy and it is probable that it is his last season and because of the rivalry he has with Tom/BB, I give Peyton a 50/50 chance/50%. I think it goes either way. Peyton has won big games in the Playoffs, a SB, and has the experience playing Tom when it counts.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant either. If it's Denver at New England for the AFC I give Brock a 25% chance of winning and that is being generous. He has played well so I am being generous with that %. Patriots rarely lose at Foxboro and no way will Tom Brady lose to a QB with no Playoff experience unless they just lay an egg with Turnovers. If Peyton is healthy and it is probable that it is his last season and because of the rivalry he has with Tom/BB, I give Peyton a 50/50 chance/50%. I think it goes either way. Peyton has won big games in the Playoffs, a SB, and has the experience playing Tom when it counts.

How can you give Peyton a 50/50 chance of winning in Foxboro when he is 2-8 lifetime there which ironically is a 25% win percentage? His only two wins came in 05/06 and he has never won there while playing in Denver (0-3) or in the post-season (0-2). I will give you that Brock is an unknown but Peyton is a known quantity and he is lousy in Foxboro especially when it is cold.

Just now, amfootball said:

How can you give Peyton a 50/50 chance of winning in Foxboro when he is 2-8 lifetime there? His only two wins came in 05/06 and he has never won there while playing in Denver (0-3) or in the post-season (0-2). I will give you that Brock is an unknown but Peyton is a known quantity and he is lousy in Foxboro especially when it is cold.

Because of Denver's Defense mainly but I think if Peyton knows he is going to retire he will play lights out and he's capable of winning the big game. Peyton will have a lot of motivation if it is indeed his last season + a lot of people think he is washed up.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because of Denver's Defense mainly but I think if Peyton knows he is going to retire he will play lights out and he's capable of winning the big game. Peyton will have a lot of motivation if it is indeed his last season + a lot of people think he is washed up.

That same defense will be playing for Brock as well. That is hardly a compelling reason. Peyton is passed playing lights out and Foxboro is a house of horrors for him.

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

That same defense will be playing for Brock as well. That is hardly a compelling reason. Peyton is passed playing lights out and Foxboro is a house of horrors for him.

We will see? It may not even come to that though as Brock may remain the man. I just think if Peyton knows he is going retire he doesn't want to go out losing so I could see him playing Good in the Playoffs.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see? It may not even come to that though as Brock may remain the man. I just think if Peyton knows he is going retire he doesn't want to go out losing so I could see him playing Good in the Playoffs.

I know what you are saying. It will seem strange if Peyton does not at least get one more shot. I would love for him and Brady to go at it again in the playoffs but it will be difficult for him to supplant Brock. I think this has probably been the plan all along after Brock beat the Pats and continued to progress in Kubiak's offense. It is not a bad thing though to have Peyton come off of the bench in emergency.

Hers a rare comment by me, medical opinion for what its worth , stll have active license but not practiced since 1988 injury

1. I Would love Peyton to ride into the sunset , those who know me know this, unfortunately

Peyton Manning isn't all the way back. He won't get to that point, at least not during this season. The nature of the chronic & partial torn plantar fascia injuries ensures that. If he was to play he would play in some pain and his throws may thus be affected by what that foot can take as he plants and his confidence in it. Also Peyton love repition, he hasnt practiced till recently and ran the scout team i read this week with limited # of throws to # 1 team. We all know Peyton relies on practice & more Practice too get timing down with receivers, thus how he would perform is a total mystery

Ankle & Foot reconstructive surgery was my specialty

2. As far as HGH  , it wouldn't of helped with a nerve issue & post surgical  nerve recovery even if took , which I doubt he did  until proven otherwise. One must separate the nerve issue first as its needed to heal in order for the muscle to regain strength , without a healed nerve the HGH wouldnt really build up the muscle in ? . Also the HGH would of helped buildup all his healthy muscles further , have u ever seen a muscular picture of Peyton since the surgery, or ever, not me. The most HGH may have done was helped with the bone healing by increasing its mineralization but doubt someone would take it for just that when so much more was the problem

23 hours ago, bayone said:

Hers a rare comment by me, medical opinion for what its worth , stll have active license but not practiced since 1988 injury

1. I Would love Peyton to ride into the sunset , those who know me know this, unfortunately

Peyton Manning isn't all the way back. He won't get to that point, at least not during this season. The nature of the chronic & partial torn plantar fascia injuries ensures that. If he was to play he would play in some pain and his throws may thus be affected by what that foot can take as he plants and his confidence in it. Also Peyton love repition, he hasnt practiced till recently and ran the scout team i read this week with limited # of throws to # 1 team. We all know Peyton relies on practice & more Practice too get timing down with receivers, thus how he would perform is a total mystery

Ankle & Foot reconstructive surgery was my specialty

2. As far as HGH  , it wouldn't of helped with a nerve issue & post surgical  nerve recovery even if took , which I doubt he did  until proven otherwise. One must separate the nerve issue first as its needed to heal in order for the muscle to regain strength , without a healed nerve the HGH wouldnt really build up the muscle in ? . Also the HGH would of helped buildup all his healthy muscles further , have u ever seen a muscular picture of Peyton since the surgery, or ever, not me. The most HGH may have done was helped with the bone healing by increasing its mineralization but doubt someone would take it for just that when so much more was the problem

'B

'Things change in 2 weeks...  a bye week is crucial for Denver (Brock is hurt, too)

The question I keep asking is: Does anyone see Brock QB-ing the Broncos to the Super Bowl.?

No one says yes.

..and 'B' ....everyone is so simple-minded on the Manning-HGH connection.

The HGH was sent to his WIFE.

Women use HGH for weight loss, anti-aging, recovery from pregnancies.

You see ads for it on TV... Peyton even hinted that when he said that "What was sent to my wife is none of anybody's business and I would never use anything sent to my wife."

Why does sports media (never very bright) assume that stuff sent to Ashley Manning was not for Ashley Manning?  The HGH was probably for her and Peyton wont talk about that because it puts people into her medical business.

I read that Peyton IS getting limited time with the No,.1 offense and its good to hear that.

Its also good to hear from you. Hope everything is OK

54 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

'B

'Things change in 2 weeks...  a bye week is crucial for Denver (Brock is hurt, too)

The question I keep asking is: Does anyone see Brock QB-ing the Broncos to the Super Bowl.?

No one says yes.

..and 'B' ....everyone is so simple-minded on the Manning-HGH connection.

The HGH was sent to his WIFE.

Women use HGH for weight loss, anti-aging, recovery from pregnancies.

You see ads for it on TV... Peyton even hinted that when he said that "What was sent to my wife is none of anybody's business and I would never use anything sent to my wife."

Why does sports media (never very bright) assume that stuff sent to Ashley Manning was not for Ashley Manning?  The HGH was probably for her and Peyton wont talk about that because it puts people into her medical business.

I read that Peyton IS getting limited time with the No,.1 offense and its good to hear that.

Its also good to hear from you. Hope everything is OK

Mark

Brock going all the way to the SB & winning , quite questionable, he 1st must hold up and learn to get rid of the ball and not take so many sacks to last, Kubiack has said he is worried about his health for that reason - think he has 3 injuries , shoulder, elbow , rib cage 

Defense will have to stay healthy, get healthier and help out quite alot

----

Ashley & Peyton hid the fact that she was pregnant with twins till after the birth,. She likes her privacy , u know Peyton was in an uproar when she was brought onto the front pages as being part of an illicit scheme

----

1 thing i read once was truly revealing on one reason Peyton was missing receivers, apparently throwing where someone wasn't & throwing those  IT'S etc

Kubiack totally changed the route trees for all receivers - so in a split second Peyton not only has to read the defense & react at the line for changes but then for the first time since his career started he must think and go against all instincts to do so in the same way against what  he has all years past. He also has to trust that especially DT, Sanders Etc  also are on the same page as what he is thinking & the OL is doing what he thinks it will do with certain calls, there were times supposedly he went with old routes by instinct and receivers read the D alignment running the new routes and vicer vercer - thus he has to trust not just his own decisions but that his receivers and all the offense is reacting with him to the D and his instructions on adjustments with the same route tree & offensive calls  as one , being on the same page all the time, while in essence sometimes they are on different pages

I am in no way explaining this as eloquently as what i had read , was months back and quite a detailed analysis

Take care, I must go , enjoy the day and Prey the Colts get in

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Was hard enough watching Manning in a Broncos uni. Seeing him as a back up is tough. 

supposedly they are hoping he helps with play calling and adjustments as an extra assit coach

but yeah u know he will be there just iching to get in, will be very tough on me to see let alone how he must feel

38 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

at least Denver now has the best backup QB in the NFL..

..no offense to Matt Hasselbeck

Ian Rapaport  in an interview said as I said earlier, Peyton is not expected to be 100% all season & doubtful even for playoffs, also said Denver Doubts that Peyton's foot can handle a full games worth of plays even if doesn't take hits and with Denver's OL that's doubtful  

, interviews continues  with Billick, Mouch etc & if Peyton does play , let Peyton be Peyton, not try Kubiacks offense they say

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613837/article/broncos-sticking-with-brock-until-peyton-is-healthy

I'm sure I'm in the minority,  but I don't see how you can go back to Peyton. 

Yes, I understand he came in the game and won it in the second half.  He did change up the plays and read the defense correctly,  while only throwing for 69 yards.  Peyton was essentially a game manager.  While this is good enough to beat a bad Chargers team with nothing to play for, it won't be for the playoffs.  

Maybe he will play and surprise me and be able to do more.  But right now,  as is,  I don't think game manager is enough to win in the playoffs.  That doesn't mean Brock is the answer either.  But I do think he gives them a better chance to win in the postseason. 

23 hours ago, bayone said:

Ian Rapaport  in an interview said as I said earlier, Peyton is not expected to be 100% all season & doubtful even for playoffs, also said Denver Doubts that Peyton's foot can handle a full games worth of plays even if doesn't take hits and with Denver's OL that's doubtful  

, interviews continues  with Billick, Mouch etc & if Peyton does play , let Peyton be Peyton, not try Kubiacks offense they say

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613837/article/broncos-sticking-with-brock-until-peyton-is-healthy

This must be why Kubiak is hesitant to name Manning the starter. Maybe the best case is have Brock start and then have Manning come off the bench again. Not ideal but do whatever you have to do give the team a chance to win.

34 minutes ago, amfootball said:

This must be why Kubiak is hesitant to name Manning the starter. Maybe the best case is have Brock start and then have Manning come off the bench again. Not ideal but do whatever you have to do give the team a chance to win.

I'm the biggest Peyton supporter I know but there is no way you can pull Peyton for Brock if you start Peyton. That said if Brock struggles or the team isn't clicking you can bring Peyton in. So I agree it might make more sense to start Brock and save Peyton. I do think Peyton will probably get the start if he is healthy...but his foot may not hold up. I'm glad he had that one shining moment in the sun...but to expect him to play from start to finish may be too much. Peyton still has it up top its very very clear but the body is failing him. I want him to go out in a flash of glory...but realize it is more likely to be the agonizing pain like the KC game. Rarely do players get to go out on their own terms. Even an old (healthy) Peyton is better than Brock but an old (unhealthy) Peyton probably isn't enough.

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

IMO, that's actually not a bad idea.

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm the biggest Peyton supporter I know but there is no way you can pull Peyton for Brock if you start Peyton. That said if Brock struggles or the team isn't clicking you can bring Peyton in. So I agree it might make more sense to start Brock and save Peyton. I do think Peyton will probably get the start if he is healthy...but his foot may not hold up. I'm glad he had that one shining moment in the sun...but to expect him to play from start to finish may be too much. Peyton still has it up top its very very clear but the body is failing him. I want him to go out in a flash of glory...but realize it is more likely to be the agonizing pain like the KC game. Rarely do players get to go out on their own terms. Even an old (healthy) Peyton is better than Brock but an old (unhealthy) Peyton probably isn't enough.

I agree with this 100%.

3 hours ago, 18Manning said:

IMO, that's actually not a bad idea.

I think so as well....and I love me some Peyton. Remember when Tom got hurt in that first SB run in the playoffs and Drew came in and helped lead them to the win. They didn't stick with Drew...they went back to Tom. I think they will go back to Brock...and know they have Peyton if things start to derail. The only thing helping Peyton is he gets two weeks to rest....would play back to back...then two weeks off again. The finish line is in sight...he can probably play through the pain...but does he have anything left in the tank.