Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 7 round mock

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For future reference,  it would help your mocks if you could be kind enough to put the schools that these kids played at.   That way the reader has enough information to look them up and check them out.        Thanks.

1. Emmanuel Ogbah DE/OLB OKLAHOLMA STATE

2. Ethan Pocic C/G LSU

3. Carl Nassib DE/OLB PENN STATE

4. Kyle Murphy T STANFORD

5. D.J White CB GEORGIA TECH

7. Michael Caputo S WISCONSIN

I don't see Ogbah as an OLB. and I think we have to go CB the first 2 days. 

We should have a shot at Calhoun or Floyd in the first both are better fits for our D. Then I think we need a CB to go with Vontae in the second. I'd look at King Tankersly or Jackson. 

I would take Nassib and Murphy in a heart beat. 

I'm hoping C gets sorted out in FA' s either Wisnewski or Davis. That's the one position we can't play around with. I also like Jeff Allen KC in FA to solidify the O Line. He's a younger Reitz at 25. He can play anywhere I think he takes over at RG. 

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We should have a shot at Calhoun or Floyd in the first both are better fits for our D. Then I think we need a CB to go with Vontae in the second. I'd look at King Tankersly or Jackson. 

I'm hoping C gets sorted out in FA' s either Wisnewski or Davis. That's the one position we can't play around with. I also like Jeff Allen KC in FA to solidify the O Line. He's a younger Reitz at 25. He can play anywhere I think he takes over at RG. 

Floyd weighs about 215 lbs. He doesn't fit anywhere on our D.

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think Ogbah is alittle too small to play DE. he only weights like 270 pounds and hes a power guy not a speed rusher. im not too big of a fan of floyd or calhoun. I think the colts wanna see what they have in d'joun smith before they go early on a CB again

27 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think Ogbah is alittle too small to play DE. he only weights like 270 pounds and hes a power guy not a speed rusher.

Likebana I said in the edge rusher thread, I'm not high on Ogbah at all. He's slow off the line, looks incredibly slow/sluggish in general, gets manhandled by OL when trying to bullrush (despite being a "strength guy"), plays with no technique, and has a questionable motor. I'm going to look at more film on him, but from what I've seen, he'd be a Rd 3-4 guy on upside alone.

24 minutes ago, Shive said:

Likebana I said in the edge rusher thread, I'm not high on Ogbah at all. He's slow off the line, looks incredibly slow/sluggish in general, gets manhandled by OL when trying to bullrush (despite being a "strength guy"), plays with no technique, and has a questionable motor. I'm going to look at more film on him, but from what I've seen, he'd be a Rd 3-4 guy on upside alone.

he has 13 sacks 17.5 tackles for losses and 3 Forced Fumbles this season. last year he had 11 sacks 17 tackles for losses and one Forced Fumble. that is a first round grade. hes not lighting fast, but running inside 4.7 isnt bad

Dewight Freeney - 6'2" - 268#

Robert Mathis - 6'2" - 249#

Trent Cole - 6'3" - 270#

Emmanual Ogbah - 6'4" - 270#

I'd say he is the right size and has proven to be one of the best, most feared RUSH OLB for 2 years straight.

Definate 1st rounder and day one starter.

jm2c

5 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Trent Cole - 6'3" - 270#

I'd say he is the right size and has proven to be one of the best, most feared RUSH OLB for 2 years straight.

jm2c

their all speed rushers thats why I said he might be too small because he relys on power which is why I think he would be better off as a OLB

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

he has 13 sacks 17.5 tackles for losses and 3 Forced Fumbles this season and has a first round grade. hes not lighting fast, but running inside 4.7 isnt bad

Haven't looked at the stats, just game tape. He has nice stats, but those can mean next to nothing in the NFL. Michael Sam had awesome stats and was SEC DPOY coming out of college and we see what happened there. Like I said, I'm going to watch more tape on him, but from what I've seen, he's not worth a 1st Rd pick.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

1. Emmanuel Ogbah DE/OLB

2. Ethan Pocic C/G

3. Carl Nassib DE/OLB

4. Kyle Murphy T

5. D.J White CB

7. Michael Caputo S

Replace the 2nd round pick to Dan Voltz and the 3rd round pick to DT Sheldon Rankins and I'd be happy with that. 

Although I still feel like Indy could trade down and still get Ogbah. 

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Haven't looked at the stats, just game tape. He has nice stats, but those can mean next to nothing in the NFL. Michael Sam had awesome stats and was SEC DPOY coming out of college and we see what happened there. Like I said, I'm going to watch more tape on him, but from what I've seen, he's not worth a 1st Rd pick.

Sam was a late round prospect. Ogbah will go in the first round

2 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

Trent Cole - 6'3" - 270#

jm2c

Mathis is really only 6'0" 235.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Replace the 2nd round pick to Dan Voltz and the 3rd round pick to DT Sheldon Rankins and I'd be happy with that. 

Although I still feel like Indy could trade down and still get Ogbah. 

I'm high on pocic. He was a big reason why fournette had a great season. Nassib could be a steal. He would go in the first round if he didn't get hurt. Besides we have a lot of depth on the dline with langford Parry winn McGill Kerr also Anderson and Jones coming back

Here is mine...

I went aggressive and traded up to get ILB Jaylon Smith. (Indy gives up 1st, 2017 1st for 10th overall, 2017 3rd)

The other pick I made was trading a 2017 2nd to Tennessee for their 3rd, 2017 4th

Round 1 Pick 10 (DET): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 17: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1 (TENN): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 17: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: Bryce Williams, TE, East Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 17: D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (B)
Round 7 Pick 13 (PITT): Leon Allen, RB, Western Kentucky (A)

Pick analysis...

1 - Smith is one of those players who can be a cornerstone for your defense. He is a good leader, and is extremely versatile and can do everything at LB.

2 - Conklin could possibly fall here if he doesn't have a great combine. He is more of a steady mauler than a great athlete at OT. Something Indy needs to create more of a running game.

3 - Jenkins is another potential leader for this defense and gives Indy some much needed pass rush.

3 - Rankins is a DT I really like since he is a very good run stopper and has pass rush ability as well. Between him, Parry, McGill, and Kerr, this DT rotation looks very good. I think Art Jones should either be restructured or cut.

4 - Bryce Williams is a surprise pick here, but I still don't see Indy resigning both Allen and Fleener, and I haven't been happy watching Fleener play soft and not breaking tackles getting extra yak. Williams is a more physical blocker, and has experience playing from the WR spot creating miss matches.

5 - White is an underrated CB I like who can provide much needed depth at corner since I don't expect Toler to be brought back, at least I hope that's the case.

7 - Allen is a tough between the tackles runner and maybe Indy lucks out and finds a gem here.

My draft obviously doesn't include free agency but with this draft they would need to sign a C, RG, starting CB, and RB.

MOCK 2016

1. Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida or Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama

2. Jordan Jenkins ILB, Georgia or Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin

3. Landon Turner, G, North Carolina or Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State

4. Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn or Tyler Martz, ROT, Wisconsin

5. Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota or Tony Conner, S, Ole Miss

BPA

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Here is mine...

I went aggressive and traded up to get ILB Jaylon Smith. (Indy gives up 1st, 2017 1st for 10th overall, 2017 3rd)

The other pick I made was trading a 2017 2nd to Tennessee for their 3rd, 2017 4th

Round 1 Pick 10 (DET): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 17: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1 (TENN): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 17: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: Bryce Williams, TE, East Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 17: D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (B)
Round 7 Pick 13 (PITT): Leon Allen, RB, Western Kentucky (A)

Pick analysis...

1 - Smith is one of those players who can be a cornerstone for your defense. He is a good leader, and is extremely versatile and can do everything at LB.

2 - Conklin could possibly fall here if he doesn't have a great combine. He is more of a steady mauler than a great athlete at OT. Something Indy needs to create more of a running game.

3 - Jenkins is another potential leader for this defense and gives Indy some much needed pass rush.

3 - Rankins is a DT I really like since he is a very good run stopper and has pass rush ability as well. Between him, Parry, McGill, and Kerr, this DT rotation looks very good. I think Art Jones should either be restructured or cut.

4 - Bryce Williams is a surprise pick here, but I still don't see Indy resigning both Allen and Fleener, and I haven't been happy watching Fleener play soft and not breaking tackles getting extra yak. Williams is a more physical blocker, and has experience playing from the WR spot creating miss matches.

5 - White is an underrated CB I like who can provide much needed depth at corner since I don't expect Toler to be brought back, at least I hope that's the case.

7 - Allen is a tough between the tackles runner and maybe Indy lucks out and finds a gem here.

My draft obviously doesn't include free agency but with this draft they would need to sign a C, RG, starting CB, and RB.

So we'd be without a 2017 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? Ouch....

Way early for this, but I'll take a stab:  Trade down a bit in the first and pick up a 3rd.

1st: Shilique Calhoun OLB/Edge, Mich St

2nd: Germain Ifehdi: OT/G TX A&M

3rd: Jarrad Davis: ILB Florida * Junior assumed to declare

3rd: Yannick Ngakoue OLB/Edge Maryland

4th: Eric Murray: CB Minnesota

5th: DeVondre Campbell: OLB SAM Minnesota

Not sure of our pick status in the 6th or 7th.

3 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

From Colts website:

Robert Mathis
#98 OLB
Experience: 
13 years 
Height:
6' 2" 
Weight:
College: 
Alabama A&M 

Yeah I know it says that, but his twitter page Mathis writes himself for his own bio: "Im TOO (SMALL235lbs,DUMB 3.4GPA, SLOW4.5forty,SHORT6'0,TALENTLESS 2SBs& 6ProBowls 2013SackKing) to be where I am today."

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Way early for this, but I'll take a stab:  Trade down into the late first and pick up a 3rd.

1st: Shilique Calhoun OLB/Edge, Mich St

2nd: Germain Ifehdi: OT/G TX A&M

3rd: Jarrad Davis: ILB Florida * Junior assumed to declare

3rd: Yannick Ngakoue OLB/Edge Maryland

4th: Eric Murray: CB Minnesota

5th: DeVondre Campbell: OLB SAM Minnesota

Not sure of our pick status in the 6th or 7th.

I like your overall selections, but Davis has stated he's returning to Florida. He would be an early (top 40) pick currently and next year mid first round.

I would rate him currently on par with Jack and Smith at ILB.

17 hours ago, Dustin said:

Floyd weighs about 215 lbs. He doesn't fit anywhere on our D.

He just needs to bulk up. But 215 is probably a stretch. I've heard 232 on some sites. He's under weight but that's easily fixable.

18 hours ago, akcolt said:

Ogbah would be fine at OLB. If you watch his tape, they move him around a lot at OSU. He stands up a decent amount in most games.

Ogbah is good but I think Calhoun is better. Watching his technique more and more and seeing how he performed against that Iowa OL, that kid is special.

7 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Yannick Ngakoue  OLB Maryland

Su'a Cravens S USC

Sebastian Tretola OG Arkansas

Nate Sudfeld  QB Indiana

David Morgan II.  TE UTSA

Taylor Fallin OT Memphis

I only watched a little bit of his tape but I don't like Ngakoue at all. What do you like about him? Are there any good games from him on DraftBreakdown?

44 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I only watched a little bit of his tape but I don't like Ngakoue at all. What do you like about him? Are there any good games from him on DraftBreakdown?

I picked him in the third.  At this point, I've just read the write-ups saying that he was very disruptive in the MSU and Iowa games.  I think MSU has the OT that a lot of folks like.  I'm thinking Ngakoue in rounds 3-5..not 1 or 2.

Also, the OLBs in the 34 defense need to be able to backpedal and or cover the flat,and he is 250-260.  Some folks are selecting DEs in the 280 pound range that are more suited for a 43.

10 hours ago, SP_21 said:

He played against good offensive lines and consistently won. His first 2 seasons he played in a 3-4. This past season he played in a 4-3. He's versatile. Ogbah is a 4-3 DE, so is Shaq Lawson. Ngakoue played the same teams that Shilique Calhoun did and put up comparable, if not better, numbers. Ngakoue reminds me of Terrell Suggs.

10 hours ago, DougDew said:

I picked him in the third.  At this point, I've just read the write-ups saying that he was very disruptive in the MSU and Iowa games.  I think MSU has the OT that a lot of folks like.  I'm thinking Ngakoue in rounds 3-5..not 1 or 2.

Also, the OLBs in the 34 defense need to be able to backpedal and or cover the flat,and he is 250-260.  Some folks are selecting DEs in the 280 pound range that are more suited for a 43.

It wasn't just MSU and Iowa though. Compare Ngakoue's numbers to Shilique Calhoun versus the same teams. Ngakoue played in both the 3-4 and 4-3 as well.

I agree with you that some people are selecting DEs in the 280 lb range that are suited for a 4-3.

5 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

It wasn't just MSU and Iowa though. Compare Ngakoue's numbers to Shilique Calhoun versus the same teams. Ngakoue played in both the 3-4 and 4-3 as well.

I agree with you that some people are selecting DEs in the 280 lb range that are suited for a 4-3.

That's fine.  I like what I have read about Ngakoue.  If he is actually worthy of a 1st or 2nd I'd have no problems since I think he is suited for a 34, as is Calhoun. 

OTOH the 280 pound guys I'd pass on....unless we're going back to a 43.  And I know that we sometimes now play a 43...but a 1st round pick needs to be a three down player...not just a situational player that plays a series where we decide to go 43 for a while.

19 hours ago, DougDew said:

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

That's fine.  I like what I have read about Ngakoue.  If he is actually worthy of a 1st or 2nd I'd have no problems since I think he is suited for a 34, as is Calhoun. 

OTOH the 280 pound guys I'd pass on....unless we're going back to a 43.  And I know that we sometimes now play a 43...but a 1st round pick needs to be a three down player...not just a situational player that plays a series where we decide to go 43 for a while.

I totally agree!  A 1st Rd. pick should be a three down, game changer.