Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts' chance of making playoffs: about 3,300-to-1

scooter4910

12 hours ago, dw49 said:

If every game there were a toss up , the odds would be 1,023 to 1.

If I remember the Chargers needed about 4 games to go right. Those odds would be 15-1, if all games were picks .

Just seeing ESPN has it at 3,300 . Why it's different than mine is because NE  is a huge favorite , Jets are favored , Houston is favored etc... I looked up SD and they only need about 3 things to happen i the final week. But they also had some breaks in week 15 and 16 to get into position. But there is no comparison or even remote similarities of the Chargers' odds compared to what the Colts are looking at. 

wgw7c.jpg

12 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Those are interesting numbers.  I concede your point.  

Long shots are very exciting however.  How about the year we were 4-8 and Denver started 6-0.  We had to win all four of our last games and they had to lose all four.  We did.  They did.  The Colts hated us for it.  Crazy year.

Miracles do happen - of course what's a miracle for one team means disaster for another ;-)

No doubt the Chargers were involved in at least two of the crazy insane playoff scenarios we're talking about. Maybe even the 2 most unlikely ones I can remember. But that laundry list for this one makes it next to impossible. 6 of those games involve teams with nothing to play springing major upsets. It's so unlikely that the Colts should even start Luck if he's cleared.Why I say that is there's a way bigger chance the doctors are wrong than the Colts have to make the playoffs. Plus it's just been such a smelly year , it's worth it just to protect him against an unrelated injury even if the kidney is 100% healed.

52 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Miami beating NE, Baltimore beating Cinci, and Oakland beating KC are unlikely.

Baltimore just beat Pittsburgh.  Cincy is playing with their backup quarterback as well.  It's likely, the only one I feel that has a high chance of not happening is a Miami loss to New England.

All this whining about your team winning a game is laughable. Had the Jet lost, and the Jags won, it would have been a different story. You complain when we lose, you complain when we win. I just hope we don't tie the game on Sunday. We'll need Bruce Willis to save the Forum if that happens.....

5 hours ago, GoDeep said:

Odds are very similar to the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field.

Very well put.......yippie now we get to pick right in the middle of the draft next year (makes me sick).  Should have just tanked the season after the first 5 games.  I'm not an expert obviously but even I knew the season was over by then.

With McCarron possibly being out this is not looking quite as silly as you might think. The big one of course if Phins to beat the Pats. The others I can all see. 

So what we need:

2. Street QB to beat Zach "Selfie" Mettenberger

3. Bortles to show he's the real deal

4. Timmy Mallet to show he's the real deal 

5. The annual "Win one for the Gipper... I mean Rex" game

6. Monster by Jones on a poor Saints D

7. Brock winning the audition for the playoffs

8. Phins... just because it's the Pats? Suh to show he's worth $900 Million a year?

9. It's the Browns....

10. Raiders win.. Cooper.. it's like Cooper Manning... it's DESTINY!