Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cousins VS RG3

dw49

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Robert could still play..He just needs to sit and learn like Osweiler (and most pro QBs) did

I'm not saying RG3 is done. But your comparison (IMO) is not really apples to apples.

10 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

There are at least five teams interested in Griffin. I'm sure he's going to be starting somewhere next season. 

Maybe , but sure is a pretty strong word. I hope he does as it's pretty sad to watch him on the sidelines. I'm shocked that Cousins looks this good .. I guess Gruen was smarter than most gave him credit for.

25 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Going in to the game yesterday Cousins completion % was 67.3, the best in the NFL. No one can predict the future but RG3 has one heck of a mountain to climb just to get respectability much less success.

Yeah.. some are saying he's been terrible because he didn't get a chance to sit and watch. He's been tutored by two very good QB head coaches and 4 years later , his mechanics are borderline horrible. His instincts are as bad as I've ever seen.. zero pocket presence . Plus he's very injury prone. 

What he does have is speed and arm talent . That will give him another shot but IMO it will not be as a starter. Some team will bring him in as a back up and then as you say the "climb" will begin. I guess there is a chance one of the 4-5 teams that are weak at QB signs him and then the starter is injured . Then RG3 somehow comes in and is good and etc etc. But IMO it's pretty unlikely that this happens.

8 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Can someone tell me who Gruen is.......?

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:
1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We all know who Jay Gruden is...but who the hell is Gruen?

Guys... did you ever not hit a letter hard enough on your keyboard ? If you put the "d" in Gruen .. you would get Gruden. Actually as Im typing Gruden , my laptop is defaulting to Gruen... strange . Anyway , I hope this solves this mystery for you all. 

2006.. I can't get you out of the quote.

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Guys... did you ever not hit a letter hard enough on your keyboard ? If you put the "d" in Gruen .. you would get Gruden. Actually as Im typing Gruden , my laptop is defaulting to Gruen... strange . Anyway , I hope this solves this mystery for you all. 

LOL I was going to say I didn't type that Post. What you are saying happens to me too though. I accidentally have ended up quoting the wrong person as well. It's this new format. I like the old one better.

2 hours ago, Solon said:

Both QB's had one good season as the Redskin quarterback. Let's not act like Cousins is the savior. We'll see next season.

Cousins had a great second half of this season.   He did it running a pro style offense,   not a one read and then run offense

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL I was going to say I didn't type that Post. What you are saying happens to me too though. I accidentally have ended up quoting the wrong person as well. It's this new format. I like the old one better.

What happens to me is if I start to answer a post and don't end up doing it , it stays "active " in the thread. Then when I reply to another post , it includes that post that I hit quote on and never answered. Stays forever as I have no idea of how to get rid of it. I deleted what that person said but can't delete his name.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He can't play football.   He lost all remaining eligibility when he left for the nfl.  

I knew he couldn't play football for a college. I was just stating that he has a year of college eligibility left. It was for the guy trying to make an issue on Gruen.

20 minutes ago, dw49 said:

What happens to me is if I start to answer a post and don't end up doing it , it stays "active " in the thread. Then when I reply to another post , it includes that post that I hit quote on and never answered. Stays forever as I have no idea of how to get rid of it. I deleted what that person said but can't delete his name.

It happens to me too. I cant get rid of it either.

33 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Happens to me as well

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

I was just being silly.  I knew what he meant.