Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest Flops of 2015

King Colt

Colts, 49ers, Ravens, Dallas, San Diego are the biggest flops of this season while New England and Pittsburgh maintain success year after year after year.. To all fans of all teams, your team  is no good for a reason and most teams share the bottom line-the DESIRE to be the best. No pride, lots of talk. Until other teams can match the life long commitments to succeed instead of "this year only" all the others will be also-rans for decades, like they are now. How many SBs have your teams appeared in?/How many have they won? Why is it the Yankees and the Cubs have the records they have for the last 100 years?

Dallas was decimated by injury and the Colts should know what happens when you lose your starting QB. (I think they have won 1 game so far without Romo and Colts won 2 without Manning that year) So I am hard press call them a flop.

Ravens got old fast but also lost a lot to injuries... tons even .

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Colts, 49ers, Ravens, Dallas, San Diego are the biggest flops of this season while New England and Pittsburgh maintain success year after year after year.. To all fans of all teams, your team  is no good for a reason and most teams share the bottom line-the DESIRE to be the best. No pride, lots of talk. Until other teams can match the life long commitments to succeed instead of "this year only" all the others will be also-rans for decades, like they are now. How many SBs have your teams appeared in?/How many have they won? Why is it the Yankees and the Cubs have the records they have for the last 100 years?

Steelers have not won a playoff game since 2010.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Quite a comment to make when only one team can win a super bowl. You really think that teams that don't win super bowls don't have the desire or have pride? Sorry, your comment makes no sense.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

It has been a frustrating season and very disappointing but we have only had 2 bad seasons in the last 14 (since 2002) being 2011 and this season. We have won 10 games or more in 12 others/made the Playoffs too. The Steelers have had several bad seasons in the last 10 seasons alone where they have missed the Playoffs being 2006, 2009, 2012, and 2013. It's not like they are Good every season. Really only the Patriots have been Good for a long time, we actually have too but we lost our starting QB so what can we do.

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Quite a comment to make when only one team can win a super bowl. You really think that teams that don't win super bowls don't have the desire or have pride? Sorry, your comment makes no sense.

I know we have been Good to Great every season since 2002 except in 2011 and this season. In both of those we lost our QB. Peyton didn't play in 2011 and Andrew has missed half the season this year. We have had more success than anyone except the Patriots since the realignment in 2002 as far as overall wins.

I don't see how most of those teams are considered flops. 

Dallas; would be a powerhouse team if Romo don't go out early in the season. So far, they've only been blown out in 3 loses. Even with the worst quarterbacks in the league, they've managed to keep the games close. And as per usual; if Jerry Jones didn't own that team, they would be a powerhouse built for the future that could withstand damage. Sadly, they're never going to win anything again thanks to Jones. 

San Diego; overrated every year. Had no hope for them when the season started. 

San Fran; predicted to be a mess with how they had one of the worst off seasons ever. 

Baltimore; see the Saints from last year. They have the same issues the Saints had, losing those close nail biter games. They could be 8-5 or better right now, if they finished some of those close games. Now that is the only one you could call a true flop, I guess. 

As a Ravens fan, we are certainly a flop. It is the first losing season since 2007. 19 players on IR, mediocre drafts, and horrendous dead money are the main culprits. Because of the last two reasons , you don't have the depth to overcome injuries like in the past. 

The Steelers have had some bad years recently, but the Patriots have been able to overcome their injuries because they don't have the dead money like we do, and have drafted better, and picked free agents a bit better than we have recently. 

John and Ozzie have a tough job ahead of them , and like Jim Irsay, Steve Bisciotti does not like losing .

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

DeMarco Murray

On the surface, this player is a slam dunk regarding all the hoopla he generated & his total meltdown in Philly. But, I blame Chip Kelly for using him incorrectly as a scat back vs a straight down hill back that needs frequent reps to wear a defense down. 

Should Murray have stayed in Dallas? I don't think so since that team ran him into the ground last year & never really appreciated the yards he generated which kept Romo upright, healthy, & opened up easy play action passes. 

Murray didn't just forget how to run, cut, or stutter step on cue. 

7 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

This is absurd. ANY team in this year's NFL that lost their starting QB would not win a playoff game (and most likely not even make the playoffs). Calling any team that lost it's starting QB a flop is crazy.

I don't think that Luck was necessarily playing all that well before he went out.  I think that until that o-line is fixed, he (and any other QB, really) will struggle. 

By "flop" I intended only to point in the OP where the teams ended up. As to the reasons they flopped I don't care. When all pick a team to do well and they sink to the cellar or near it that is a flop. If anyone here looks at the Colts season as anything other than a flop then so be it. Don't blame Luck's absence on the flop. If anything this season revealed some things about him that need work.

4 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

I don't think that Luck was necessarily playing all that well before he went out.  I think that until that o-line is fixed, he (and any other QB, really) will struggle. 

I agree with you there.  Of course a better offensive scheme would help too.

49er's where expected to lose

If you told people that Tony Romo would only play in 3 or 4 games this season for Dallas then they would have expected this result.

Ravens are a bit of a flop.  Part of it's due to injury but it can't be blamed solely on that.

SD was a big flop, as was Colts

Eagles where also a flop.  After all the stupid offseason moves and people saying we should all just trust Chip because he knows what he's doing it's clear to me that Chip doesn't know what he's doing.

7 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

He played well before this season with bad Oline play.  I think playing for a horrible OC in Pep just caught up to the entire offense.

10 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

He played well before this season with bad Oline play.  I think playing for a horrible OC in Pep just caught up to the entire offense.

I agree with both of you gentlemen on this one. I'm no expert on either o-line gap assignments or X's & O's play calling in professional football games certainly, but both your points are sound & reasonable VL & BOTT.