Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Archie Manning's Comments About Peyton(Merge)

Restored

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are saying the bigger issue isn't whether Manning can co-exist, but whether Luck can. Some think he will want to start right away and will not be willing to sit for a few years. Not saying that's my belief, just giving the message.

Imagine seeing a healthy Peyton out there. If Peyton played all these years with neck pain, imagine what he will do when he is pain-free!

People are saying the bigger issue isn't whether Manning can co-exist, but whether Luck can. Some think he will want to start right away and will not be willing to sit for a few years. Not saying that's my belief, just giving the message.

Imagine seeing a healthy Peyton out there. If Peyton played all these years with neck pain, imagine what he will do when he is pain-free!

I think alot of people are missing this huge point. We're talking about a player who theoretically could have a neck that is stronger and healthier than he originally had it right before it was injured. His performance with the injury has been amazing and he's got a chance to be even better after this process is completed.

Our situation here in indy isn't the same as the lions when they picked Stafford. It's not the same as the Ravens when they picked Joe Flacco. We have a HOF QB, and the only situation that resembles the one we have here is the one in Green Bay, with Farve and Aaron Rodgers.

We are trying to stay competitive between QB's, and even tho I don't agree with the sitting of high round QB's, in this 1 instance I do. It not about his development that we need him to sit, its 100% about keeping us from going back to the Pre Manning Era. If Luck is picked 1st overall and he can't wait, even though he would no doubt be our future, then I don't think I want him. He would then not be the same kind of prospect, mentally that I would think deserved to be that pick.

message??? if you were a luck guy you would sure point out the "flaw" with manning and then post the link so we could read about it on ESPN.

but since im infavor of keeping Peyton, i will suggest everyone youtube "andrew luck post bowl game interview"...hahaha wow never mind that idea, i cant find it anywhere, not even google. ill admit only spent about 10 mins searching, but surely i thought it would be a bigger deal then what lil publicity it did get.

message??? if you were a luck guy you would sure point out the "flaw" with manning and then post the link so we could read about it on ESPN.

but since im infavor of keeping Peyton, i will suggest everyone youtube "andrew luck post bowl game interview"...hahaha wow never mind that idea, i cant find it anywhere, not even google. ill admit only spent about 10 mins searching, but surely i thought it would be a bigger deal then what lil publicity it did get.

What did he say?

What did he say?

Erm, stuff about how it wouldn't be ideal to be sitting behind someone else but if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. He didn't sound happy about it but sounded as if he was a professional. I'll have a quick look.

he was asked if he would mind getting drafted by the colts and sitting behind Peyton for a couple years. And he went from calm and smoth through out the interview, to nervous and jittery.

You sure? Watch the interview again, he was more jittery at the start! Boy doesn't interview well.

thanks,

you think it would just be on espn, what a site to find it on.

With how much ESPN love their draft stuff you would, wouldn't you? Surprised it took me more than a quick search to find it to be honest, had to keep rewording it.

Watching the interview again though it doesn't seem like he'd really mind, I just think he wants to be a starter as soon as possible. Don't think we can take his body language to mean too much considering how much the manner of that result probably annoyed him.

Hopefully you can find the interview.

With how much ESPN love their draft stuff you would, wouldn't you? Surprised it took me more than a quick search to find it to be honest, had to keep rewording it.

Watching the interview again though it doesn't seem like he'd really mind, I just think he wants to be a starter as soon as possible. Don't think we can take his body language to mean too much considering how much the manner of that result probably annoyed him.

it surprised me too

Why would Manning have a problem with a qb learning under him in his last years? You would think he would relish in the idea of a furure replacement to keep this team on track after he is done. I fail to see the issue on Mannings side. Luck on the other hand.. who know how he really feels..

Thanks! He didn't seem too upset at the idea of sitting behind Peyton. He said he would try hard wherever he goes and do his best. And if he ends up sitting, so be it, that's how life is sometimes. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I don't expect him to say he is going to be happy not playing. Not a big issue, in my opinion

Thanks! He didn't seem too upset at the idea of sitting behind Peyton. He said he would try hard wherever he goes and do his best. And if he ends up sitting, so be it, that's how life is sometimes. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I don't expect him to say he is going to be happy not playing. Not a big issue, in my opinion

I think the head bobbing and eye movements are what people are looking at. To me though doesn't seem bad. He does it the whole interview. Not just about the Peyton Manning questions.

I think the head bobbing and eye movements are what people are looking at. To me though doesn't seem bad. He does it the whole interview. Not just about the Peyton Manning questions.

Yeahh I think/hope it's just general annoyance at the result. Regardless, what Archie has said is brilliant news for anyone (like me) hoping for a sit and learn partnership between the two :)

Rememer in about July or August when Tony Dungy said Peyton Manning would have to be dead in order to miss the opener? And then Manning missed the opener, but he's not dead? That's why Archie isn't saying anything with any degree of certainty. Nobody knows anything.

As I recall, Addai implied he was throwing at game form, but that's a bit vague. I presume if it was going to Addai it was short passes. I am a bit discouraged by this referenced article as well as the lack of formal good news at this point. If his arm strength is not already good or significantly improving, we might not see much more progress.

Going back, a fusion just stabilizes the joint (and the anterior decompression might further decompress a nerve), whereas the surgery this spring 2011 to decompress only from posterior apparently didn't give him enough strength by August.

Well, there's not much to do other than wait for some formal news on this from peyton himself.

You sure? Watch the interview again, he was more jittery at the start! Boy doesn't interview well.

I think the jitteryness and the lack of eye contact was more due to the fact his team just lost the fiesta bowl and he probably wasn't in the mood to answer questions about his NFL future. I know that I would not feel like talking after a tough losses

Erm, stuff about how it wouldn't be ideal to be sitting behind someone else but if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. He didn't sound happy about it but sounded as if he was a professional. I'll have a quick look.

He didn't say it wouldn't be ideal. He said and I'm paraphrasing he just wants to get a chance to play football and he will do what asked if him and he's looking forward to it. I'm not sure if your talking about the same interview as me but he did seem a little nervous but he's a shy guy it seems.

Why can't Archie just stop talking about this? Seriously. If I was Peyton, I would tell him to stop talking about this stuff. Don't make a story out of nothing.

I think that's what he was trying to do by saying he didn't know.

He's been involved in the college football stuff going on and with the game being played at the superdome tonight. Natural he gets asked about Peyton and I think he was trying not to give out any info.

I think the jitteryness and the lack of eye contact was more due to the fact his team just lost the fiesta bowl and he probably wasn't in the mood to answer questions about his NFL future. I know that I would not feel like talking after a tough losses

Yeahhh I know, I pointed this out :)

He didn't say it wouldn't be ideal. He said and I'm paraphrasing he just wants to get a chance to play football and he will do what asked if him and he's looking forward to it. I'm not sure if your talking about the same interview as me but he did seem a little nervous but he's a shy guy it seems.

Yeah I was going off memory, he didn't say it but he didn't say it'd be a dream come true :D