Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edelman has a broken foot

Kyle234

He should definitely be back in the playoffs. He may even come back by the end of the regular season. I believe a broken foot takes 4-6 weeks to heal. The only thing this may change is if the Patriots start losing without now 2 of their three best targets and get a 2nd seed instead of a 1st seed.

That is one downside of having an early bye week like the Pats - when the injuries mount, you have to hang by a thread and hope to get that 1st round bye which I am certain they will get. 

The weird part is the Patriots fans will be Broncos and Steelers fans for one week when the Broncos or Steelers play the Bengals, LOL.

That's a big loss for the Patriots. Amendola needs to step it up for them.

I remember someone stating that when Wes Welker went down for the 2009 playoffs and Brady had a 1-and-done, they said it was not just the fact that Welker went down but the fact that Welker and Edelman together on the field could do many more things than just 1 of them by themselves. The same will happen with Amendola, his impact is greater with Edelman on the field than without, IMO.

It don't matter, all they gonna do is cheat for NE until the end of season. Odell catch was a catch. Period. Same thing happened with Golden Tate about 2 weeks ago. So, Edelman and whoever else is hurt, don't even matter. Refs will take care of it. Don't worry.

Funny even Giant fans are split on wether it was a catch or not. That said he did not manta in control, OBJ can't be that careless with the ball!

That said losing Edelman hurts A LOT, Amondola going be earning his paycheck now.

I remember someone stating that when Wes Welker went down for the 2009 playoffs and Brady had a 1-and-done, they said it was not just the fact that Welker went down but the fact that Welker and Edelman together on the field could do many more things than just 1 of them by themselves. The same will happen with Amendola, his impact is greater with Edelman on the field than without, IMO.

I'm hoping Gronks presence as well as LaFell coming on now as well will help. I am also hoping some of the reg Oline man come back soon.

Thats a big loss for the Pats.  One of the most hard working, tough nosed players in the NFL.

Exactly BC1, the guy works his tail off & is tough as nails. I respect you as a rival Julian. That WR scares the crap out of me as an INDY fan even more than Gronk does. 

I knew when you went down it helped the Giants chances significantly. However, I hate to see competitors I admire leave games with a devastating injury. Much respect Jules. :hat:  

Exactly BC1, the guy works his tail off & is tough as nails. I respect you as a rival Julian. That WR scares the crap out of me as an INDY fan even more than Gronk does. 

I knew when you went down it helped the Giants chances significantly. However, I hate to see competitors I admire leave games with a devastating injury. Much respect Jules. :hat:  

Hard for me to include respect and anything to do with the Patriots in the same sentence :angry:

Nah, Edelman is a tool.   He's made to look better than he is by Brady.  When he gets too expensive, ala Welker, Branch, etc.  They will toss him aside, go get a cheaper tool to do the same job, if not better, and you will never hear from Edelman again..... he's not a great player by any measurable abilities of his own.  He fills a role, and does it well.  Same role many others have filled and shined in..... nothing new here.  He's also arrogant as heck considering he's just another cog in the machine.  It is a vital role in their offense, but he's far from the only player who has put up big stats in that specific role....

Nah, Edelman is a tool.   He's made to look better than he is by Brady.  When he gets too expensive, ala Welker, Branch, etc.  They will toss him aside, go get a cheaper tool to do the same job, if not better, and you will never hear from Edelman again..... he's not a great player by any measurable abilities of his own.  He fills a role, and does it well.  Same role many others have filled and shined in..... nothing new here.  He's also arrogant as heck considering he's just another cog in the machine.  It is a vital role in their offense, but he's far from the only player who has put up big stats in that specific role....

I was only addressing what Julian means to the Patriots organization Shafty. He's a 1st down chain mover man. That's why I call him "Mr. Death By A Thousand Papercuts." Edelman just isn't a cog in the system; He's much more than that. You put on any squad & that WR would be productive & a guy any DC would have nightmares over stopping don't kid yourself. 

I could care less about his personality. The dude just keeps drives alive. That's all that matters to any owner or head coach Shefty. Jules is "special" & no run of the mill WR. 

Aren't the Pats famous for winning with a bunch of nobodys? I would love to see the stats on the number of games Brady has won with being behind less than two minutes to play.

How much time was left when the Pats took the lead in last years SB?? I mean a 10 point deficit was erased.

I was only addressing what Julian means to the Patriots organization Shafty. He's a 1st down chain mover man. That's why I call him "Mr. Death By A Thousand Papercuts." Edelman just isn't a cog in the system; He's much more than that. You put on any squad & that WR would be productive & a guy any DC would have nightmares over stopping don't kid yourself. 

I could care less about his personality. The dude just keeps drives alive. That's all that matters to any owner or head coach Shefty. Jules is "special" & no run of the mill WR. 

We agree on some points and not on others, that's cool....  It's really unanswerable until he leaves to go to another team, QB, and system..... I'm just going by other WR's having great success filling the same role before him.....  eg, I think Welker was a better WR than Edelman....  in that system.... Branch, Edelman may be better than, raw ability wise...... just not sure he is irreplacable..... now, all bets are off this season, as I don't think NE has another WR of similar ability on their roster.... 

Aren't the Pats famous for winning with a bunch of nobodys? I would love to see the stats on the number of games Brady has won with being behind less than two minutes to play.

Pretty much most of the games he won in the last 2 to 3 minutes when behind were FG games. That is why when Peyton went up by 4 vs Brady in the AFCCG 38-34, I felt good about it. When Eli went up by 4 vs Brady in the SB 21-17, I felt good about it. That is why when the Panthers went up by 4 vs Brady during that MNF game 24-20, I felt good about it. All of those games were losses for Brady. 

That is why the Giants had to get the TD in this weekend's game, I felt. Even if Brady has time within the last 2 minutes and he has to get that TD to win it, his odds are less. He needs a PI like he got vs the Browns when the Browns and Jason Campbell & Josh Gordon had them miraculously on the ropes.  :thmup:

That was one difference I noticed between him and Peyton while in their primes. Peyton, if he had to score a TD in the last 2 or 3 minutes, more often delivered, even as recently as that Seahawks game in Seattle with just over a minute and no timeouts left. The 4th & 2 game, he didn't have much to go but he did have to score a TD and he did. 35 seconds in SB 42 and 13 seconds in that 4th & 2 game, not enough time for Brady to get in FG range vs the Giants or the Colts respectively. Brady needs time due to his dink and dunk style and he had the 4 minute 50 second drive to go ahead 28-24 vs the Seahawks. 

Just some random observations. You have to go up by 4 at least vs Brady with 2 minutes to go, anything less is asking for trouble because he and the Patriots play for 60 minutes and you have to prepare yourself for that.

I say Brady did pretty good in 2006 and we all know how great those WR were lol

I thought he was talking about the team as a whole.

IMO, the wide receiver position is overvalued anyway. You need good players, but you don't don't need to spend top dollar for studs.

Pretty much most of the games he won in the last 2 to 3 minutes when behind were FG games. That is why when Peyton went up by 4 vs Brady in the AFCCG 38-34, I felt good about it. When Eli went up by 4 vs Brady in the SB 21-17, I felt good about it. That is why when the Panthers went up by 4 vs Brady during that MNF game 24-20, I felt good about it. All of those games were losses for Brady. 

That is why the Giants had to get the TD in this weekend's game, I felt. Even if Brady has time within the last 2 minutes and he has to get that TD to win it, his odds are less. He needs a PI like he got vs the Browns when the Browns and Jason Campbell & Josh Gordon had them miraculously on the ropes.  :thmup:

That was one difference I noticed between him and Peyton while in their primes. Peyton, if he had to score a TD in the last 2 or 3 minutes, more often delivered, even as recently as that Seahawks game in Seattle with just over a minute and no timeouts left. The 4th & 2 game, he didn't have much to go but he did have to score a TD and he did. 35 seconds in SB 42 and 13 seconds in that 4th & 2 game, not enough time for Brady to get in FG range vs the Giants or the Colts respectively. Brady needs time due to his dink and dunk style and he had the 4 minute 50 second drive to go ahead 28-24 vs the Seahawks. 

Just some random observations. You have to go up by 4 at least vs Brady with 2 minutes to go, anything less is asking for trouble because he and the Patriots play for 60 minutes and you have to prepare yourself for that.

Did you "feel good" when Brady drove the offense down the field with just over a minute to go against the Saints, down by 4, and threw a TD pass to Thompkins as time expired, or does that not suit your argument?

They probably won't miss a beat. Amendola can fill Edelmans spot. Losing Gronk would be the real killer. And their remaining schedule is easier than once thought. Unless Denver can right the ship, I don't see another loss.....maybe @Jets, if they show up to play. Of course it is the NFL....we'll see.