Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Adams and Henry Anderson are key players to this team...

bap1331

Some have, yes. But few are the same. Good news is that he's young so he has a chance. But that's assuming it's an ACL tear. Could be a PCL or MCL too.

I'm going to assume you have been in a coma or something for 25 years. Well, here in 2015 athletes come back just fine from ACL injuries.

Sadly I think Anderson's season is over which is disappointing.  Pagano made it seem like Adams's injury is minor so I am guessing he'll be back in Atlanta which is good, 10 INTS since he signed with the Colts, the most in the league.  Not too bad for just a stop gap summer signing!  He might be Grigson's best free agent pick up. 

I'm going to assume you have been in a coma or something for 25 years. Well, here in 2015 athletes come back just fine from ACL injuries.

Well that, and in 2015, if you have an internet connection (which, if he really did have a coma, the internet is a place where people get on TVs with keyboards and go to school on things called websites, which is basically like a course in whatever you want to know - i.e., the chive, webmd, the inquisitr, etc. - just ask anyone on facebook), that's pretty  much the same as having a license to practice law and medicine.  

In connection with the foregoing, I'd also like to state that those who have sustained ACL/MCL tears have a higher likelihood of re-injuring the ACL/MCL as compared to those who have never sustained such injury.

We should be hearing the MRI results at any moment now for Anderson.  Since it is likely that he will be done for the year and probably some even into next year with the almost certain ACL tear, what do you think Grigson might do? I hope it's not a "Triad" injury, where he sustained the devastating hat-trick. I just don't think we can live with what we have behind him.  I know the trade deadline has come and gone and now we are on our own,,, but we do have options to snag someone through other means. Keep in mind, Henry Anderson was on the NFL, top ten ROOKIE OF THE YEAR WATCH.

We should be hearing the MRI results at any moment now for Anderson.  Since it is likely that he will be done for the year and probably some even into next year with the almost certain ACL tear, what do you think Grigson might do?  I just don't think we can live with what we have behind him.  I know the trade deadline has come and gone and now we are on our own,,, but we do have options to snag someone through other means.

Any chance that Art Jones can be back before the play offs? Or is he ruled out for the whole season? Can't remember that.

Edit: Ah, he is on IR so can't be back in regular season even if he is ready.

Any chance that Art Jones can be back before the play offs? Or is he ruled out for the whole season? Can't remember that.

I think we used the IR exemption on a different player.  I think you have to designate one player and one player only for this benefit.  But I think Art is on a long-track, not a short-track....I think he's done. 

I think we used the IR exemption on a different player.  I think you have to designate one player and one player only for this benefit.  But I think Art is on a long-track, not a short-track....I think he's done. 

Used it on D'joun Smith.

Whos on the PS that we would raise up?

You think a veteran will be signed if Anderson goes IR?  Who?

Exactly. That is pure guesswork. But once in the locker room , trainers and doctors can perform many non imaging tests and get a good idea of what is wrong, and an inkling how bad it could be. For a knee, this could be (as below) -

Inspection

Examine for an effusion

Examine for tenderness

Examine range of movement

Examine stability

MCL and LCL

The valgus and varus stress tests can be used.

Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)

The anterior drawer test:

Lachman's test: **

Pivot shift test:

Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)

Posterior drawer test:

Posterior sag test:

It is known early in these whether follow up imaging tests need to be scheduled.

Thanks doc!!!

yeah, may have been an overdramtication of it by me.  However, it could be a career changer for sure.  I really like Anderson and think he can become a huge force for us.  So I'm praying its not an ACL or anything season ending

yeah, may have been an overdramtication of it by me.  However, it could be a career changer for sure.  I really like Anderson and think he can become a huge force for us.  So I'm praying its not an ACL or anything season ending

It's almost assuredly an ACL or other VERY serious nasty injury --- season ending any way you slice it up.  He was on Mel Kipers top 20 rookie list, NFL top ten rookie of the year watch, and numerous other accolade lists.  He was a great player for us and one of the reasons why our defense was so good.  This is devastating.  He got in a massive pile of bodies and he was flung one direction while his right leg, the other.  knees cant take that type of motion, add to that - he is 6 foot 6 300 (every bit of 300), and the other massives on top of his leg/knee, and you have a ripping apart action.  I think we can survive but we will be giving up those "gashing" type of yards to players like Foster and similar.  So it's hang on for dear life on defense from now on.  We are going to have to score more points for sure.

It's almost assuredly an ACL or other VERY serious nasty injury --- season ending any way you slice it up.  He was on Mel Kipers top 20 rookie list, NFL top ten rookie of the year watch, and numerous other accolade lists.  He was a great player for us and one of the reasons why our defense was so good.  This is devastating.

well, when pagano said it was "significant" he probably meant to the team. Keep our hopes up! I wouldnt mind a month off.

Used it on D'joun Smith.

Whos on the PS that we would raise up?

You think a veteran will be signed if Anderson goes IR?  Who?

I think we'd have to sign a veteran..problem is, not alot out there right now to chose from that'd be good for anything other than a body so I have no clue whod we'd look towards

It's almost assuredly an ACL or other VERY serious nasty injury --- season ending any way you slice it up.  He was on Mel Kipers top 20 rookie list, NFL top ten rookie of the year watch, and numerous other accolade lists.  He was a great player for us and one of the reasons why our defense was so good.  This is devastating.  He got in a massive pile of bodies and he was flung one direction while his right leg, the other.  knees cant take that type of motion, add to that - he is 6 foot 6 300 (every bit of 300), and the other massives on top of his leg/knee, and you have a ripping apart action.  I think we can survive but we will be giving up those "gashing" type of yards to players like Foster and similar.  So it's hang on for dear life on defense from now on.  We are going to have to score more points for sure.

I agree with everything you said.  I, myself suffered one, while just running back in 08.  It took me forever to get comfortable with it and for my strength to come back.  I'm praying its not an ACL, but I'm sure it is, that or one of the other ligaments.  I'f he's lucky, it'll just be a miniscus tear

Thanks doc!!!

Well, not a doc. But I am in the medical field (very long time), travel the country (mainly SE U.S.) and work very closely with them every day. But my opinions are my own, are somewhat generic in content. and represent thought or opinions of nobody but myself.  Disclosure complete.

Seems those preliminary tests showed the medical staff what the MRI will soon confirm.  I believe they IR'd Anderson before an MRI was even administered, yes?

Well that, and in 2015, if you have an internet connection (which, if he really did have a coma, the internet is a place where people get on TVs with keyboards and go to school on things called websites, which is basically like a course in whatever you want to know - i.e., the chive, webmd, the inquisitr, etc. - just ask anyone on facebook), that's pretty  much the same as having a license to practice law and medicine.  

In connection with the foregoing, I'd also like to state that those who have sustained ACL/MCL tears have a higher likelihood of re-injuring the ACL/MCL as compared to those who have never sustained such injury.

LOL, yes, except practice only in the public venue, not in an actual courtroom, an ER, or an OR.

So even with proper information avaialble at ones fingertips, understanding can still be an issue. ;-)