Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fisher Not Available (Schefter)

chrisfarley

Adam S is the "last" person I would count on for reliable info.

Twitter actually proved this too me. Him and Mort are clowns. The only thing they ever 'break' is another persons story. The timeline on twitter really put these two under the scope. Then the Manning thing and JMV really put it to bed for me.

I'm not even going to get into Jon Clayton. That little squeak is worthless. You cannot tell me in today's NFL that players confide in that guy.

No tears from me. I like Fisher a lot but I consider him a good-not-great coach, much like Dungy. For me Fisher made the most sense if Peyton was definitely coming back because I had real faith in his ability to compliment Peyton's strengths. Unfortunately we still don't know for sure that Peyton will be back.

I don't mind the idea of going after a lesser-known guy who might be a great coach.

At ESPN says he'll chosse Dolphins or Rams, guess Irsay was never interested, but at least have the chance to interview the guy, but due to being married to Caldwell, not the case I see.

There is a surprise team involved. It could be colts. Nobody knew eagles were talking to asomugha

Just reported on twitter there is a surprise team in the mix for fisher he will make decision by next week

Could be the Bucs or Jags. He likes warm weather and he's an AFC South "guy" maybe he likes what he sees in the Jags. I could see the Jags interested in him with his track record of doing more with less than anyone else in the league.

There is a surprise team involved. It could be colts. Nobody knew eagles were talking to asomugha

I agree with this. We really don't know who everyone is talking to, or who Irsay is talking to. There are whispers and rumors, but really, there's a lot we need to analyze going forward before just snatching a guy by name, or assuming we missed an opportunity because said candidate went to another team. For all we know, the person in question may not even want to be here, has family in some other city, or just sees another team as a better fit for his goals.

Of course he's not available, because another team will * him up, just like I said, because Irsay won't pull the trigger on firing Caldwell. We still have a coach, so we can't interview coaching candidates. Fisher will accept a job with another team before the Colts even decide whether to keep Caldwell or not.

Adam S is the "last" person I would count on for reliable info.

Really? From my experience with Schefter on Facebook, he is usually pretty reliable. I don't have Twitter, so I don't know what is going on there, but I assume that his (like many other people who have Facebook and Twitter) Facebook status and Tweets are the same thing. I've never had a problem with Schefter.

Jay Glazer is the best.

Don't you find him to be annoying? Anytime he is on NFL Total Access, all he does is say his opinion, then when the other person tries to counter, he yells and roid rages.

Really? From my experience with Schefter on Facebook, he is usually pretty reliable. I don't have Twitter, so I don't know what is going on there, but I assume that his (like many other people who have Facebook and Twitter) Facebook status and Tweets are the same thing. I've never had a problem with Schefter.

Don't you find him to be annoying? Anytime he is on NFL Total Access, all he does is say his opinion, then when the other person tries to counter, he yells and roid rages.

Schefter has this annoying bit of making it seem like he broke the news, when in actuality someone released it (Ex. Jay Glazer) before him and he will not give credit to them.

My problem is Shefty throws a lot of stuff out, and only hits on about 10%. And its always him AND Mort as the 'source'. When one says something, the other quickly "Shefty/Mort is reporting". Drives me crazy.

Now Glaze, he's into it with these NFL dudes, he's got them over to his house, training with them, etc, and when he says something, while not often, it is generally about 90% on the $. Now if you want to gripe with his opinions on NFL Network, or how he's a about 60/40 with NFL/MMA. Those are gripes, I can get behind, but his reporting, A+ in my book.

Schefter has this annoying bit of making it seem like he broke the news, when in actuality someone released it (Ex. Jay Glazer) before him and he will not give credit to them.

ALL THE TIME!

Thats what I was getting at with the twitter thing. I'll scroll down and see about 4 other guys who had already 'broke' it, and Shefty "FILED TO ESPN". Not that I don't like the guy, he seems like a pretty cool dude, but I cant imagine he's made alot of friends in journalism.

Of course he's not available, because another team will * him up, just like I said, because Irsay won't pull the trigger on firing Caldwell. We still have a coach, so we can't interview coaching candidates. Fisher will accept a job with another team before the Colts even decide whether to keep Caldwell or not.

If we keep Caldwell, I'd like to see a new Offensive Coordinator. Preferably a guy who's a real innovator. An Xs and Os guru. Really felt we got out-schemed in our SB loss to Saints.

If we keep Caldwell, I'd like to see a new Offensive Coordinator. Preferably a guy who's a real innovator. An Xs and Os guru. Really felt we got out-schemed in our SB loss to Saints.

??? the offense was excellent when they could get on the field.

Rams? Really the Rams? I could see the Dolphins - nice weather and a team that showed something the second half of the season. Give them a QB and they might be ready for the playoffs. The Rams are going no where any time soon.

Yes the Rams, they have some really nice young peaces already in place. Their biggest need is WR or OT and with the second pick they are in poistion to get a really good player of their choice at one of those poistions and can probably get the other with the second round pick.

Yes the Rams, they have some really nice young peaces already in place. Their biggest need is WR or OT and with the second pick they are in poistion to get a really good player of their choice at one of those poistions and can probably get the other with the second round pick.

Agreed. And when half of the team wasn't out on IR, they played pretty competitively. Last year they were a game away from the playoffs, and most of those pieces are still in place.

To be fair, they now need a new coach, which affects the decision of guys like Fisher, I'm sure.