Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas in ruins

Synthetic

This team, I feel so bad for. They could have been something great this year.

All it took was Romo's injury to completely undo them. 

That's 3 games they've lost now, that were all close and could have been winnable if they had a better quarterback right now. 

Matt Cassel was a huge mistake. Typical Jerry Jones, getting in the way and screwing that team up. They were better off with Brandon Weeden after what I just saw from this game, and the Giants game last week, where his interceptions practically gave the game away. That Giants team as you seen today, has a very poor defense. Dallas had over 230 rushing yards in that game, and they ended up losing. 

But I kept hearing that the Bills letting go of Matt Cassel was going to just obliterate that franchise...

Will never understand why Cassel has been treated as a king his entire career. 

Jerry Jones pulled a Dan Synder here and totally messed this team up worse than they were with Weeden. 

Some years back, Synder had Brad Johnson benched for Washington in favor of a washed up old Jeff George, that played terrible. That's practically what Jones just did now placing old Cassel in, who has always been overrated. 

2-5 with 5 road games left..one of them at Green Bay

home vs. Philadephia next week...must win..and they must win without Tony Romo

Not sure I see them beating Philly without Romo. 

The Giants proved today, they have no business winning that division as god awful as their defense is. Give up 233 rushing yards last week, and then 500 passing yards this week.

Philly could win that division, I'm convinced. It depends on how they handle the rest of the year. 

Not sure I see them beating Philly without Romo. 

The Giants proved today, they have no business winning that division as god awful as their defense is. Give up 233 rushing yards last week, and then 500 passing yards this week.

Philly could win that division, I'm convinced. It depends on how they handle the rest of the year.

Giants could have taken control with a win today...but they couldnt hold the saints under 50

Weeden has never won a game as a starter. I think the switch to Cassell was the right move but the team has been unable to close. The STs lost the game last week for them. This week, they could just not get into the end zone against a tough Seattle defense.

East is a quagmire. It is anyone's division of one team can get hot for a few weeks.

Branden Weeden is probably enjoying the fact that Matt Cassel hasn't panned out yet..on the other hand, he probably isn't enjoying the losses while bring benched though either.

He could have done that himself. So maybe all he needs to worry about is how much money he has saved, cause he's going to need to start tapping into it sooner than later.

Weeden has never won a game as a starter. I think the switch to Cassell was the right move but the team has been unable to close. The STs lost the game last week for them. This week, they could just not get into the end zone against a tough Seattle defense.

East is a quagmire. It is anyone's division of one team can get hot for a few weeks.

Last week I thought for certain Dallas should have beat the Giants. The Special Teams, and also the interceptions really killed it for them. They rushed over 233 yards on the Giants. NY has a very pathetic defense. Last week, they got run all over by Dallas, yesterday Drew Brees had the game of his career against them. 

The NFC East may just be the worst division of the NFC. I never bought the talk the South was as weak as they say, cause the teams are at least competitive against one another in divisional games. People rag on Tampa Bay for being a dumpster fire, but they can make life miserable for their divisional rivals; as witnessed yesterday in Atlanta, and earlier this year against the Saints. 

That's 3 games they've lost now, that were all close and could have been winnable if they had a better quarterback right now. 

Matt Cassel was a huge mistake. Typical Jerry Jones, getting in the way and screwing that team up. They were better off with Brandon Weeden after what I just saw from this game, and the Giants game last week, where his interceptions practically gave the game away. That Giants team as you seen today, has a very poor defense. Dallas had over 230 rushing yards in that game, and they ended up losing. 

Everybody on here knows that I'm the happiest when Dallas crashes & burns, but I will acknowledge that with the fall of Romo & Dez for long stretches this season, the Cowboys would have done some serious damage in the NFC East. I will always ride with Big Blue no matter what. I actually like Cassel over Weeden who hasn't really played that badly & he seems faster on his feet to me. 

Last week I thought for certain Dallas should have beat the Giants. The Special Teams, and also the interceptions really killed it for them. They rushed over 233 yards on the Giants. NY has a very pathetic defense. Last week, they got run all over by Dallas, yesterday Drew Brees had the game of his career against them. 

The NFC East may just be the worst division of the NFC. I never bought the talk the South was as weak as they say, cause the teams are at least competitive against one another in divisional games. People rag on Tampa Bay for being a dumpster fire, but they can make life miserable for their divisional rivals; as witnessed yesterday in Atlanta, and earlier this year against the Saints. 

I agree Bogie. The East is horrible.  The South is a probably the toughest division this year because of the Bucs who are a better team than the niners so I would give the nod to the South over the West at this point.

It was awesome to see Brees slinging it on Sunday. You are right. He is probably going to do down as one of the best Qbs to never win a league MVP. But still, he is a joy to watch. I am so happy he finished off the Giants in that game. :)

Branden Weeden is probably enjoying the fact that Matt Cassel hasn't panned out yet..on the other hand, he probably isn't enjoying the losses while bring benched though either.

He could have done that himself. So maybe all he needs to worry about is how much money he has saved, cause he's going to need to start tapping into it sooner than later.

Doubt money is an issue for him. Football & Baseball he's gotten money from. And could probably go back to baseball if football doesn't work out

Yes.....    let's forget injuries to Dez Bryant and the decision not to bring back DeMarco Murray and not replace him with a solid RB.

And lets forget a bunch of injuries on the defense.

Yes,  the Romo injury is the biggest of them all.....    but the Cowboys have serious issues most everywhere on that roster.

As for Cassell and Weeden.....      I'm not sure what you were expecting?       Most teams don't have a great back-up.

When there aren't even 32 quality STARTING quarterbacks,  then you know lots of teams have poor back-ups.

Will never understand why Cassel has been treated as a king his entire career. 

Because everything Bill Belichick touches turns to gold. Look at Ryan Mallett (once a starter), Brian Hoyer (now a starter), Tim Tebow… Well, can't win 'em all.

Because everything Bill Belichick touches turns to gold. Look at Ryan Mallett (once a starter), Brian Hoyer (now a starter), Tim Tebow… Well, can't win 'em all.

Lol in BB defense Tebow never made it to the regular season lol

As for Cassell he earned it with his play as Patriots starter going 11-5, people forget he had the most explosive O on planet earth and a weak schedule. If Brady was healthy pats are worse 14-2