Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts To Interview Eagles' Ryan Grigson For Gm Job

Coltswarriors

The Philadelphia Eagles have granted director of player personnel Ryan Grigson permission to interview for vacant general manager positions with the St. Louis Rams and Indianapolis Colts, thePhiladelphia Inquirer reported Thursday, citing a league source.

Grigson, 39, has worked for the Eagles since 2003 , when he was hired as the team's western regional scout. He was promoted into his current position in early 2010 -- replacing now-general manager Howie Roseman -- after serving four seasons as the director of college scouting.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi confirmed the Colts are one of the teams interested in Grigson.

The Colts' search for a general manager is underway after owner Jim Irsay fired Bill Polian. The Rams fired GM Billy Devaney on Monday, along with coach Steve Spagnuolo. The Rams have requested permission to interview Baltimore Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta and have already talked toMiami Dolphins director of player personnel Brian Gaine, according to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because the Eagles didn't make the playoffs, doesn't mean they weren't a talented team. This guy built a solid team, they just couldn't put it together for whatever reason. The guy brought in the second best corner in the league and it took him a few weeks to get acclimated in a short offseason. Nobody's going to say the Jason Babin signing was bad, or Cullen Jenkins. I'll be the first to say Vince Young was a bad signing, but we all talk about making a key free agent signing in the offseason, it looks like this guy would be one to pull that trigger.

why is everyone freaking out about it, even if we do seriously consider this guy? he's not the actual GM in Philly, so its not certain by any means that he's the guy who signed the "dream team", he is not the guy making those calls, his job is to scout the talent in both NCAA and the NFL, as well as on the Eagles' team and report what he sees and what the team needs...along with what the players market values are

I can't stand anything about the current Eagles squad, but it's Reids team. It's impossible to tell if this guy is any good or not, or what his opinion is of famous Eagles I've detested such as Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson, and Terrel Owens.

Actually I just searched on him and he's only had his player personnel job since 2010. He doesn't have as much experience as other candidates mentioned so far.

Regardless you'd be a fool to think this is the best option for the Colts.

What if Irsay believes he's the best fit? Perhaps he's done his research on the guy and has been eyeing him all year. Certainly someone who understands how a front office works in the NFL would be more qualified to make that decision than a bunch of couch experts who didn't even know the guy existed before today.

People are talking about Philly's disappointing season, but they did finish strong. Perhaps next year they will live up to the hype. The reason people around here get upset is because they don't instantly recognize the name; or, it's not a defensive team like the Ravens, so we assume it's the wrong guy. Whatever the reason, it's usually a bad one, and completely uninformed.

Irsay is probably just interviewing people right now, not begging them to come work here. That's the best way to find out about a person without making terrible, knee-jerk decisions based on a name.

What if Irsay believes he's the best fit? Perhaps he's done his research on the guy and has been eyeing him all year. Certainly someone who understands how a front office works in the NFL would be more qualified to make that decision than a bunch of couch experts who didn't even know the guy existed before today.

People are talking about Philly's disappointing season, but they did finish strong. Perhaps next year they will live up to the hype. The reason people around here get upset is because they don't instantly recognize the name; or, it's not a defensive team like the Ravens, so we assume it's the wrong guy. Whatever the reason, it's usually a bad one, and completely uninformed.

Irsay is probably just interviewing people right now, not begging them to come work here. That's the best way to find out about a person without making terrible, knee-jerk decisions based on a name.

What if Irsay belives he is the best fit? Was I talking about Irsay?

He is underqualified, and has very little experience in the front office, nothing to do with the name. I'm not saying he isn't a good option if you can't get what you want, but he surely isn't the BEST.

Edited by Maureen
Inflammatory Post

Regardless you'd be a fool to think this is the best option for the Colts.

Let me ask you - do you think Steeler fans thought the Rooney's were foolish when they brought in Tomlin over the in-house favorites, Grimm and Whisenhunt? Worked out pretty well even if most fans did not have any idea who he was.

The point is we don't have a clue about these guys? Maybe he will blow away Irsay with their vision, attention to detail, ability to un-earth talent, all the things that go into making a great GM.

Edited by Maureen
removing what people are fighting about

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2012 - inflammatory

What if Irsay belives he is the best fit? Was I talking about Irsay?

He is underqualified, and has very little experience in the front office, nothing to do with the name. Once again only a FOOL would think this is the BEST option. I'm not saying he isn't a good option if you can't get what you want, but he surely isn't the BEST.

More uninformed nonsense.

Did you have to google the guy when you heard his name? Be honest.

I am not presuming to know anything about this search, which by definition does not make me a fool.

Let me ask you - do you think Steeler fans thought the Rooney's were foolish when they brought in Tomlin over the in-house favorites, Grimm and Whisenhunt? Worked out pretty well even if most fans did not have any idea who he was.

The point is we don't have a clue about these guys? Maybe he will blow away Irsay with their vision, attention to detail, ability to un-earth talent, all the things that go into making a great GM.

Let me just skip all your questions as they have nothing to do with my statement.

The point is this...... Based on his EXPERIENCE alone he is not the BEST option. how can you even argue that? It blows my mind that you can think anyone from the front office of a failing team that has little to no experience and no name recognition is better than someone that meets all those qualifications. I know you always want to be right but this time your digging a hole and you've fallen in.

Let me just skip all your questions as they have nothing to do with my statement.

The point is this...... Based on his EXPERIENCE alone he is not the BEST option. how can you even argue that? It blows my mind that you can think anyone from the front office of a failing team that has little to no experience and no name recognition is better than someone that meets all those qualifications. I know you always want to be right but this time your digging a hole and you've fallen in.

I can argue it very easily and successfully against your line of thinking.

I don't know if he would be the best candidate and neither do you. But Irsay will go through the process and determine if he is or not. But your rationale seems to be because he is young and the Eagles were not great this year makes him a bad candidate and that is certifiable hogwash.

On the age thing - Theo Epstein says hello. So does a young Bob Knight and Coach K. Tomlin is winking at you too. There is a litany of young, talented people who once they got their chance, proved to be wildly successful in their profession. Age means nothing.

I don't begin to see how this year with the Eagles means anything towards his capabilities. For years they have been a solid team and he has to have been at least in part responsible for bringing in some of the talent that has made them successful.

And the fact that John Clayton has not mentioned him means next to nothing.

Edited by Maureen
personal shot

I can argue it very easily and successfully against your line of thinking.

I don't know if he would be the best candidate and neither do you. But Irsay will go through the process and determine if he is or not. But your rationale seems to be because he is young and the Eagles were not great this year makes him a bad candidate and that is certifiable hogwash.

On the age thing - Theo Epstein says hello. So does a young Bob Knight and Coach K. Tomlin is winking at you too. There is a litany of young, talented people who once they got their chance, proved to be wildly successful in their profession. Age means nothing.

I don't begin to see how this year with the Eagles means anything towards his capabilities. For years they have been a solid team and he has to have been at least in part responsible for bringing in some of the talent that has made them successful.

And the fact that John Clayton has not mentioned him means next to nothing.

Give it up Junior. You are in over your head in this debate.

Your losing the argument, face it it's time to throw it in.

Your just filling your posts with useless information and making up a whole paragraph on how he is young. Did I say anything about him being young? Nope I don't care if he is 15. All I care about is that he is inexperienced.

As a matter of fact your right I do not "know" if he would be the best and neither does anyone, but I can make a firm hypothesis on why he is not as good as other candidtaes and that holds more water than your argument of nothing.

If we wanted experience and name recognition, why would we have fired Bill Polian?

The Eagles front office built a team with a LOAD of talent. That is why they got the "dream team" moniker. It's the coaches job to make use of the talent around them. Their DC was inexperienced, and did not properly use all their talent to his advantage.

If we wanted experience and name recognition, why would we have fired Bill Polian?

The Eagles front office built a team with a LOAD of talent. That is why they got the "dream team" moniker. It's the coaches job to make use of the talent around them. Their DC was inexperienced, and did not properly use all their talent to his advantage.

We fired Bill Polian because he wouldn't stay if we fired Chris............

We fired Bill Polian because he wouldn't stay if we fired Chris............

Firing isn't the only way to restructure a company. Jim Irsay could have reorganized the front office to give Chris less authority without getting rid of either of them. He chose to get rid of them.

Firing isn't the only way to restructure a company. Jim Irsay could have reorganized the front office to give Chris less authority without getting rid of either of them. He chose to get rid of them.

I don't know what you took from Irsay's press conference but the fact that they didn't mention Chris at all meant to me that Chris was way too bad to keep around.

It's been confirmed by multiple sources but you can believe what you want.

No offense, but saying it has been confirmed by multiple sources, without providing a link to a source or mentioning a source, seems a little fishy.

Could you please provide a source, so I can verify this. It would help clear up some confusion on my part.

Thanks!

No offense, but saying it has been confirmed by multiple sources, without providing a link to a source or mentioning a source, seems a little fishy.

Could you please provide a source, so I can verify this. It would help clear up some confusion on my part.

Thanks!

http://twitter.com/#...964234315804673

Edited by Maureen
inflammatory

why do people freak out? chemistry was the problem and their D-coord, not talent.

the eagles have a great deal of talent everywhere and that is a team that focuses on both lines, what we need. you are talking about namdi, cullen jenkis, desean jackson, maclin, mccoy (who is the best rb in the game right now), babin, trent cole,watkins, jason peters, tod herremans...whats not to like? they are solid all around

google is your friend... do you want me to hold your hand while we cross the street too?

http://twitter.com/#...964234315804673

Twitter?

I can google up sources too, but that doesn't make them credible.

ESPN says he was fired because:

"In the end, it was the Polians' inability to find a suitable backup for Manning that doomed the Colts." in

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7414912/indianapolis-colts-fire-bill-polian-chris-polian-peyton-manning-stunned-decision

that doesn't make it true.

I still don't trust twitter as the best of sources.

... And I wouldn't want to trouble a nice middle school boy scout like yourself, helping me across the street... :)

Please cut the attitude when someone asks for your help.

Twitter?

I can google up sources too, but that doesn't make them credible.

ESPN says he was fired because:

"In the end, it was the Polians' inability to find a suitable backup for Manning that doomed the Colts." in

http://espn.go.com/n...tunned-decision

that doesn't make it true.

I still don't trust twitter as the best of sources.

... And I wouldn't want to trouble a nice middle school boy scout like yourself, helping me across the street... :)

Please cut the attitude when someone asks for your help.

What makes something credible? Obviously our opinions idffer on credible, and the statment makes logical sense.

Sometime facts are involved, just making it clear as your statment was presented as if it was fact.

Oh c'mon man. Quit nitpicking me ok? Sometimes facts are involved obviously but I don't think I need to write imo on every post I make.

Some things are obvious. How would I know better than anyone else on this board? Sheesh.

What makes something credible? Obviously our opinions idffer on credible, and the statment makes logical sense.

Credibility is being able to quote sources. He cannot release his sources (even if it is for anonymity purposes). That makes Twitter not the best source in my eyes. How do we know his two sources aren't his imaginary friends?

The ESPN article listed their sources at the end.

"Information from ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen, ESPN's Ed Werder and The Associated Press contributed to this report."

That helps it's credibility.

Credibility is being able to quote sources. He cannot release his sources (even if it is for anonymity purposes). That makes Twitter not the best source in my eyes. How do we know his two sources aren't his imaginary friends?

The ESPN article listed their sources at the end.

"Information from ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen, ESPN's Ed Werder and The Associated Press contributed to this report."

That helps it's credibility.

To each there own.