Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags can be something special in two or three years

CR91

I really like their offensive weapons especially the allen brothers as I call them robinson and hurns. bortles looks pretty good this year. He actually has similar stats to brady. yeldon has shown some flashes and thomas played well vs the texans. on defense, there are still some questions especially in the secondary, but ive been impressed so far 

I was impressed by their cabanas with the pools when we were there for the season opener last month. Several hundred Panther fans bought out all 8 of their cabanas and had 2 huge pool parties in Jax stadium. Jax fans were simultaneously impressed and disappointed we did that to them. As far as the team, I was impressed by their defense and not so much by their offense. Jax only managed 75 total yards of offense in the second half compared to about 150+ in the first half up until Luke Kuechly suffered his concussion with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Then the Jax offense just imploded. Guess they had trouble adjusting to our back-up MLB the same way the Panthers have had trouble in the past adjusting to the opponent's back-up QBs.

It may not take 2 or 3 years. All you have to do is look at Bortles numbers. No QB puts up those types of numbers without being pretty good.

Are you suggesting they're gonna be something special this year? Edit- I guess you could be referring to next year, sorry, just woke up. Anyways, if they're really giving Gua another year it'll take them 2-3 years because Bradley isn't a good coach, IMO

It may not take 2 or 3 years. All you have to do is look at Bortles numbers. No QB puts up those types of numbers without being pretty good.

And yes, Bortles was drafted high in round 1.  Yes, high draft round 1 QB's typically see a 3rd year leap in numbers.  If Jags don't screw it up, Blake should see a career high in TD passes, and an approximate 17% increase in passer rating and an approximate 12% increase in yards per game. Mariota won't be rook forever either... and 2 years to his 3rd year leap...

One day soon, AFC South will not be the worst in the NFL anymore.

I was impressed by their cabanas with the pools when we were there for the season opener last month. Several hundred Panther fans bought out all 8 of their cabanas and had 2 huge pool parties in Jax stadium. Jax fans were simultaneously impressed and disappointed we did that to them. As far as the team, I was impressed by their defense and not so much by their offense. Jax only managed 75 total yards of offense in the second half compared to about 150+ in the first half up until Luke Kuechly suffered his concussion with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Then the Jax offense just imploded. Guess they had trouble adjusting to our back-up MLB the same way the Panthers have had trouble in the past adjusting to the opponent's back-up QBs.

Welcome to the board!

I really like their offensive weapons especially the allen brothers as I call them robinson and hurns. bortles looks pretty good this year. He actually has similar stats to brady. yeldon has shown some flashes and thomas played well vs the texans. on defense, there are still some questions especially in the secondary, but ive been impressed so far

Jags up 14-3 on Buffalo early....you da man..CR!

We didn't play EJ Manuel. The Jags have a fumble recovery for a touchdown, a pick six, and another touchdown coming off of another interception.

Yeah I just kind of realized that.  Still have the same personnel on defense though, but I am sure the offensive play has something to do with any mishaps on defense. 

Out of our Division opponents the Titans scare me the most in the upcoming future. It's because they actually have a decent QB that can put up a lot of points. He is just a rookie but in a couple of years they will be our main competition IMO. Texans had something nice going for a couple of years but only won the Division when Peyton was injured and Luck was a Rookie.

Bortles really showed something on the drive at the end of the game when Buffalo took the lead.  84 yard drive and an incredible TD throw/catch to Hearns to re-take the lead.  Blake will only improve too.  Jags D is getting better, they can't screw up the talent around Bortles, if they want to make noise in the AFC south and NFL.

It's up to the Jags D to preserve the lead Bortles got for them.  Let's see if the Jags can finally close out a one score game, but in their favor.

Bortles really showed something on the drive at the end of the game when Buffalo took the lead.  84 yard drive and an incredible TD throw/catch to Hearns to re-take the lead.  Blake will only improve too.  Jags D is getting better, they can't screw up the talent around Bortles, if they want to make noise in the AFC south and NFL.

It's up to the Jags D to preserve the lead Bortles got for them.  Let's see if the Jags can finally close out a one score game, but in their favor.

Yeah that was a nice drive. The Texans have the worst QB's in our Division.

I hope we don't hire Payton.  I'd rather keep Pagano.  

Sean Payton coached circles around Chuck Pagano yesterday.

Don't worry, he's not leaving New Orleans any time soon, but if you had him, he'd be a lot better coach suited for Luck. Pagano has done nothing to help him improve whatsoever this year.