Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans May Have Found A QB

King Colt

Hoyer looked good yesterday. I wonder if he gels in to the starter what will they draft next year. If he continues to improve the Texans mgt. will have to decide draft a QB or not and if they don't that could be a formula for city wide rioting in the streets but if they do what will thast say to Hoyer? Not a good dilemma.

Hoyer looked good yesterday. I wonder if he gels in to the starter what will they draft next year. If he continues to improve the Texans mgt. will have to decide draft a QB or not and if they don't that could be a formula for city wide rioting in the streets but if they do what will thast say to Hoyer? Not a good dilemma.

it was against the Jags....even Dan O beat the jags....

Hoyer has looked solid against our D who had no pass rush a week and a half ago and the Jags. He is a career journeyman QB, and while certainly a good backup, I don't think he is going to lead the Texans to the playoffs.

Teams are going to begin to adjust to Hopkins as a threat and I am not sure there is enough on that offense to put points up after he is taken away.

The Texans are in a terrible QB circus. Hoyer will look good enough to start games, but seems to fade the further he goes in the season. Not to mention if he makes a mistake, he'll get replaced by Mallett. Who in turn will make a mistake and be replaced by... oh brother, you get the idea...

Hoyer is a great back up QB to have.   Not really the guy to move forward with in Houston's situation. 

I suspect Houston will have a draft pick in the 9-14 range.  Not sure what QB's will be available.   They are in situation in Houston where they need to stay away from drafting a QB that has any doubts.  

Statically been good this year. But not likely to be the answer at QB in Houston... IMO .

Hoyer can look good in a perfect situation but he's not the type of quarterback who can consistently take a bad situation and make things better.

They will be looking for a QB in the draft if they can get one.  

I would think that anyways, but then again the people that run that team drafted Clowney and not a QB.

Hoyer can look good in a perfect situation but he's not the type of quarterback who can consistently take a bad situation and make things better.

They will be looking for a QB in the draft if they can get one.

I would think that anyways, but then again the people that run that team drafted Clowney and not a QB.

Clowney was a once in a generation prospect whereas none of the QBs stood out or were worth the first pick. To the Texans credit, they did draft a QB in a later round.

Clowney was a once in a generation prospect whereas none of the QBs stood out or were worth the first pick. To the Texans credit, they did draft a QB in a later round.

How was he a once in a generation prospect?  Because he hit that Michigan RB really hard??  He ran really fast in a straight line??

I keep hearing about how he's a once in a generation prospect and I keep waiting for that once in a generation prospect to record a single NFL sack.  Maybe even a half a sack.  

I mean that's not asking much from a once in a generation player.

Meanwhile Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr are busy winning games against non terrible teams.

I called it then and I'm calling it now.  Clowney was extremely overhyped.  He had major red flags when it came to work ethic, his own college coach basically admitted to that.  Half his draft stock was based on how he hit that Michigan RB really hard that one time and the other half was based on running in a straight line for 40 yards pretty fast for his size/position.  Too bad pass rushers don't get to run in a straight line too much.

I just hope the Texans don't fool our GM into sending another 1st round pick out for a mega bust.  Because if I was the Texans I would be calling GM's trying to trade Clowney away and who better to try first then the guy that sent a 1st rounder for Trent Richardson.    

How was he a once in a generation prospect? Because he hit that Michigan RB really hard?? He ran really fast in a straight line??

I keep hearing about how he's a once in a generation prospect and I keep waiting for that once in a generation prospect to record a single NFL sack. Maybe even a half a sack.

I mean that's not asking much from a once in a generation player.

Meanwhile Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr are busy winning games against non terrible teams.

The guy is coming off of two surgeries. You talk to the people who actually PLAYED football and all those experts who predicted he would be the number one pick when he was in high school. If you don't see why he was rated why he was then you clearly didn't watch him at all and you're just a part of the Michigan hype crowd that don't know anything about the guy. The Raiders have two wins like the Texans do and the Vikings have 3. Yeah, huge difference. Watch the Texans on Sunday and you'll see J.D.'s improvement. Sacks don't tell the whole story.

Neither of those were close to a sure thing.  

I do think Houston should have traded down though.

Bridgewater was a really good prospect, not Andrew Luck level but pretty darn good.  Took Louisville and beat some really good teams with inferior talent on his squad.

He was pegged for 2 years to be the #1 overall pick when he came out.  

What happened?  NFL GM's overthought it. . . at the last minute they started questioning his arm strength. . . Arm strength is always the thing they question last minute when they are over thinking it.  Tried to do that with Luck til he sent the ball 70 yards into the wind on his pro-day.  

Meanwhile people still couldn't get over how just really hard Clowney hit that Michigan RB that one time.  Too busy drooling over Clowney hitting a guy really hard when he wasn't even really blocked.  Forgot that Clowney was lazy.  Forgot that Clowney only recorded 3 sacks his last year of college, either because he was trying to protect himself or because he was lazy or because in real life Clowney actually isn't that good.

Then he ran in a straight line really fast and jaws dropped as though pass rushers run in a lot of straight lines.

And you have what you have now.  Clowney who wanted to sack Andrew Luck can't even get his hands on a 40 year old and sick Matt Hasselbeck.

The guy is coming off of two surgeries. You talk to the people who actually PLAYED football and all those experts who predicted he would be the number one pick when he was in high school. If you don't see why he was rated why he was then you clearly didn't watch him at all and you're just a part of the Michigan hype crowd that don't know anything about the guy. The Raiders have two wins like the Texans do and the Vikings have 3. Yeah, huge difference. Watch the Texans on Sunday and you'll see J.D.'s improvement. Sacks don't tell the whole story.

The NFL is results oriented man.  Your once in a generation guy has 0 sacks on his entire career.

I don't care about what the experts and the people that played football thought.  They where the ones drooling over just how really hard he hit that Michigan RB and forgot about how the guy is lazy and uncommitted.

But please keep playing your zero sack on his career once in a generation pass rusher. . . heck give him a big extension because of just how hard he hit that Michigan RB.  Makes winning the division that much easier.

Too bad Andrew didn't play the last game...I'm sure he would've been dropped at least twice while squeezing the football. Those hits against the Patriots D looked nasty.

Luckily we don't have to worry about the things "you are sure of." But then again you are due to be right about something.

The NFL is results oriented man. Your once in a generation guy has 0 sacks on his entire career.

I don't care about what the experts and the people that played football thought. They where the ones drooling over just how really hard he hit that Michigan RB and forgot about how the guy is lazy and uncommitted.

But please keep employing him. . . heck give him a big extension because of just how hard he hit that Michigan RB. Makes winning the division that much easier.

Watt is the best player in football today and he wasn't a sack master his first 16 games either. Clowney has gotten noticeably better and your Michigan mantra is really uneducated. You're probably right about him protecting himself his last year in college, but he was a dominant force no doubt in college. You referencing the Michigan hit over and over tells me you didn't watch much SC football.

I could say the same about you. Keep stalking my posts though, man.

You could say that but it would be just more of your nonsense. I was reading the thread and read you knocking Andrew Luck. Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. BTW... here's what I remember as our arguments.

1) Schlub > Luck 

2) RG3 > Luck

3) Manziel next great QB.

4) RG3 will be Washingington's starting QB

5) I said Houston still was an average to below average team in 2015. I cited their 9-7 record with a last place schedule and no off season improvements as my reasoning. 

That's a 0-5 for you with that ridiculous Houston 2015 AFC South banner under your name. 

You could say that but it would be just more of your nonsense. I was reading the thread and read you knocking Andrew Luck. Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. BTW... here's what I remember as our arguments.

1) Schlub > Luck

2) RG3 > Luck

4) RG3 will be Washingington's starting QB

5) I said Houston still was an average to below average team in 2015. I cited their 9-7 record with a last place schedule and no off season improvements as my reasoning.

That's a 0-5 for you with that ridiculous Houston 2015 AFC South banner under your name.

Yeah you only show up whenever you sense there's an argument between me and another uninformed colt fan like yourself so you can jump in for the two on one. I know you like stalking my posts man but you should really get a life. You keep up with my stuff like you're my girlfriend or something.

1. I also predicted the Redskins would win their division when Robert was a rookie. They did.

2. I predicted he would be ROTY. He was.

3. I predicted Schaub would beat Andrew and that Andrew would be as much a turnover machine as Schaub was. Guess what?

4. I know you of all people aren't talking about ridiculous banners. I'm gonna let the irony of that sink in for you. Oh and the Texans are only one game out of first place. Just in case you didn't know.

Hoyer is a good reserve. He will show flashes of promise, but over time and with a larger sample size, he isn't going to get them to the next level.

Meh, with the weapons at his disposal he doesn't have to be great. I think he could lead us to some wins and a playoff berth if he continues taking care of the ball and making good decisions. Our defense was ranked 11th overall too before Sunday's game I think.

Yeah you only show up whenever you sense there's an argument between me and another uninformed colt fan like yourself so you can jump in for the two on one. I know you like stalking my posts man but you should really get a life. You keep up with my stuff like you're my girlfriend or something.

1. I also predicted the Redskins would win their division when Robert was a rookie. They did.

3. I predicted Schaub would beat Andrew and that Andrew would be as much a turnover machine as Schaub was. Guess what?

4. I know you of all people aren't talking about ridiculous banners. I'm gonna let the irony of that sink in for you. Oh and the Texans are only one game out of first place. Just in case you didn't know.

The above is really stupid stuff as RG3 is warming the bench . Schaub only faced Andew twice and they split. The Schlub lost the starting job to an undrafted noodle armed second year guy. The Texans are 2-4 with wins over 1 win teams. The Colts are nothing special but they should hand on against the Texans. Amazing that you could claim to be right after all those wiffs.

The above is really stupid stuff as RG3 is warming the bench . Schaub only faced Andew twice and they split. The Schlub lost the starting job to an undrafted noodle armed second year guy. The Texans are 2-4 with wins over 1 win teams. The Colts are nothing special but they should hand on against the Texans. Amazing that you could claim to be right after all those wiffs.

Who cares if he's on the bench. He still had a great start to his career...just like I predicted. The whole Kubiak mess of 13 has nothing to do with this year's team. All I hear is rehash rehash rehash which shows how terrible you are at debating. I guess you didn't watch the last game between the Texans and colts or Titans or Jaguars. Gaps have been closed in the AFC South and it is apparent. We'll see which team does better in the coming stretch of games.

Who cares if he's on the bench. He still had a great start to his career...just like I predicted. The whole Kubiak mess of 13 has nothing to do with this year's team. I guess you didn't watch the last game between the Texans and colts or Titans or Jaguars. Gaps have been closed in the AFC South and it is apparent. We'll see which team does better in the coming stretch of games.

The only discussions I had with you was after their rookie years. I said RG3 would never last or even continue to succeed with that style of play. The reasons I cited were health and the fact that defensive minds would stop learn to stop that read option style. I have no idea nor did I partake in any discussions of what the Redskins would do or who would be ROY.

The Colts have a rough stretch of games but I think they should be able to limp to a better record than your bunch. 

The only discussions I had with you was after their rookie years. I said RG3 would never last or even continue to succeed with that style of play. The reasons I cited were health and the fact that defensive minds would stop learn to stop that read option style. I have no idea nor did I partake in any discussions of what the Redskins would do or who would be ROY.

The Colts have a rough stretch of games but I think they should be able to limp to a better record than your bunch.

Nope. I'm pretty sure you were there before the injuries too. As for the last part of your post....we'll see. 2015 has been a strange year thus far.

Nope. I'm pretty sure you were there before the injuries too. As for the last part of your post....we'll see. 2015 has been a strange year thus far.

LOL . Debating you is like spanking a naughty child and having it kick and scream. For you too claim you were right on RG3 and I was wrong is laughable. So stupid that it doesn't even annoy me as I'm beginning to understand what I'm conversing with.

LOL . Debating you is like spanking a naughty child and having it kick and scream. For you too claim you were right on RG3 and I was wrong is laughable. So stupid that it doesn't even annoy me as I'm beginning to understand what I'm conversing with.

You like spanking naughty children and making them scream? Welp this conversation is over. I'm not conversing with you after that bit lol.

Never said I liked it silly nor did I say I spanked children.

Well you seem to like arguing with me, and you said that arguing with me is like that...my mistake for making the connection. We could be buds, man, we don't always have to get into these My team is better than your team Shananigans haha Let's save some of this trash talk for our next divisional bout

Well you seem to like arguing with me, and you said that arguing with me is like that...my mistake for making the connection. We could be buds, man, we don't always have to get into these My team is better than your team Shananigans haha Let's save some of this trash talk for our next divisional bout

Yeah .. bury the hatchet. Internet wars are indeed silly.

You shouldn't try to defend those claims.  

"

1) Schlub > Luck 

2) RG3 > Luck

4) RG3 will be Washingington's starting QB"

Those are claims that are so wrong.   It's easy to predict short term, but it is long term that counts.  

Bridgewater was a really good prospect, not Andrew Luck level but pretty darn good.  Took Louisville and beat some really good teams with inferior talent on his squad.

He was pegged for 2 years to be the #1 overall pick when he came out.  

What happened?  NFL GM's overthought it. . . at the last minute they started questioning his arm strength. . . Arm strength is always the thing they question last minute when they are over thinking it.  Tried to do that with Luck til he sent the ball 70 yards into the wind on his pro-day.  

Meanwhile people still couldn't get over how just really hard Clowney hit that Michigan RB that one time.  Too busy drooling over Clowney hitting a guy really hard when he wasn't even really blocked.  Forgot that Clowney was lazy.  Forgot that Clowney only recorded 3 sacks his last year of college, either because he was trying to protect himself or because he was lazy or because in real life Clowney actually isn't that good.

Then he ran in a straight line really fast and jaws dropped as though pass rushers run in a lot of straight lines.

And you have what you have now.  Clowney who wanted to sack Andrew Luck can't even get his hands on a 40 year old and sick Matt Hasselbeck.

Looking at Bridgwaters stats, he is anything but a sure thing. 

I see Schaub is a backup for the Ravens.   I'm surprised he isn't starting for a team.  According to the stats he is better than 1/3 of the QBs.   He put up great numbers in his starting time.