Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis traded .... (from 2012)

ColtsConsistency

Watch "Vontae Davis gets traded - Hard Knocks (2012 season)" on YouTube

I've never had the chance to watch any of the NFL Hard Knocks series. I came across this on YouTube just now, and figured I'd post this mainly to see if we as fans agree with the Miami Dolphins Staff for the reason behind the trade. Knowing what we know now, does the trade justify and how does the trade hold up for either side today? How much has he improved from a percentage standpoint?

(Also for those who haven't seen this behind the scenes look and are interested)

I do agree with the Dolphins reasoning. They thought he was going to be a bust. Up and down, Inconsistent. A 2nd and a possible 6th would probably benefit them at the time more than hoping he could do well. As it turns out, we robbed them blind and got a top 3 corner for a 2nd round pick. Didn't even have to pay the 6th, lol.

Given what the Dolphins knew at the time, it was a smart decision.  

Worked great for Davis too.  Got him away from the Miami night life so he could focus on football.

Exactly Vontae even said that Indy and Pagano were the best things that ever happened for his Pro career. He acknowledged that if he continued what he was doing in Miami he would be out of the league. Indy brought a calmer atmosphere than Miami and gave him a chance to focus more on football. Pags is one of the better DB coaches in the league, and Davis said with his help and his new focus on football is how he became the player he is now. It really is a nice turn around story.

I wonder how Josh Johnson feels every time we cut him...

MANAGEMENT:
I'm sorry, Josh. We've decided to go our separate ways. It's just not working out.

JOHNSON:
"I-I need to call my grandma…"

::Week later::

MANAGEMENT:
I'm sorry, Josh. Hasselbeck has recovered from the flu, and we just don't think it's working out between us, and...

JOHNSON:

MANAGEMENT:
Okay, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Luck is healing rather nicely from his injuries, so...

JOHNSON:

MANAGEMENT:
"Alright, see you next week."

I wonder how Josh Johnson feels every time we cut him...

MANAGEMENT:

I'm sorry, Josh. We've decided to go our separate ways. It's just not working out.

JOHNSON:

MANAGEMENT:

I'm sorry, Josh. Hasselbeck has recovered from the flu, and we just don't think it's working out between us, and...

JOHNSON:

MANAGEMENT:

Okay, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Luck is healing rather nicely from his injuries, so...

JOHNSON:

MANAGEMENT:

"Alright, see you next week."

Made me laugh pretty hard rofl

I didn't like the trade when it happened. The reason I hated it was because, Vontae had been been sent home once during the 2011 season for showing up to practice drunk. Vontae has turned himself around and proved to be a fine player for the Colts. Imagine if it had turned out like the Trent Richardson trade. Where would be then?

I didn't like the trade when it happened. The reason I hated it was because, Vontae had been been sent home once during the 2011 season for showing up to practice drunk. Vontae has turned himself around and proved to be a fine player for the Colts. Imagine if it had turned out like the Trent Richardson trade. Where would be then?

Nice points here.